SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Nearly 125 thousand deaths today in the world.

1/8 of a million.

Dead.

125K Dead Motherfucklers. Right there, today.

And tomorrow? Same.

Next day? More same.

More than a million earthlings, dead. Dead. Dead. Every goddamned week.

But not any of them "not" COVID fucking deaths, slowed the roll of folks getting the fuck on with life.

More than 1 fucking million people dying ever caused anyone to fucking pause and think; "What if we shut this shit down, we might have prevented some of the MORE THAN A MILLION PEOPLE, from dying. Nope. No one, and not even the Badass Honeybadger Universe, gave a shit.

Now, all the selfish "but maybe I might die an early death because it's not the flu, not a vehicle death, not a "what-ever-the-fuck" some other cause but Wu Hu Flu is "different" you bunch of weak Karen pussies.

Now, seriously. Go look in the mirror, and ask yourself. Is what you want the rest of nearly 8 billion people to "comply" face panty wearing, "SIXXXXX FEEEEETTTT!!!!!" social distancing, hiding ins you goddamn house avoiding and supporting all the GDC "protocols" worth the "maybe" few days added to your miserable life existence?

Then come back and call me all the bad things you can imagine.

Signed...

Tired-of-your-selfish-shit-monkey.

And to anyone that might think to ask...

I am fine. No crisis. No blood sugar issues. No use of mind-altering substances. No abuse of alcohol.

Just tired of the weak sisters that pretended to be Freemen, and cut of the cloth of the fabric from which this great Republic was fashioned.

You posers. Wannabes. Sidewalk commandos. (If the foo shits, wear it...)

Yeah. I have a great disdain for those who have pretended that all or any of this is truly necessary.

This "game", that we all have been "gamed", has done more damage, and will cost more than if we never were told of it and it simply had run its course with no knowledge of it whatsoever.

And anyone that tries to argue to the contrary only proves the point that it is a game one must not play.

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
My gym over in NJ is protest opening on Monday.

My buddy, a PA Police Detective is going with me to get a workout in.

He said that the PA DA said to NOT enforce any of these stupid rules for business who choose to open.

And here’s the owner of my gym (Atilis, Bellmawr, NJ) and his beard, on Tucker Carlson.

Fantastic. My gym here in Utah opened May 1st. They have some silly "social distancing" rules, but no one as far as I can tell is really taking those seriously. Like being 10 feet from one another when working out. Yeah right. Everyone is pretty strict though about wiping down equipment after using it, which frankly should be standard practice in any gym at any time.

By the way, the best gym I've ever belonged to was in Bradley Beach, NJ. Jersey Shore Fitness Shop. A true strongman gym. I first started going there when I was 16 years old. I could slam the weights at 2am if I wanted. I miss that gym. Everything I ever learned about proper gym etiquette I learned from there. Been many many years since I've stepped in there unfortunately.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ok, I have some good news (at least for me and my area). One of our local restaurants (owned by a lady I've know for years) re-opened this week. I happened to pass by there last night and what I saw prompted me to stop in for a moment. Long story short, the outside seating area was full to capacity, and the inside was almost full. Six foot social distancing? No where to be found. Masks? Didn't see a one. When I chatted with the owner, she mentioned that everyone was 'encouraged' to maintain their space, and her staff was disinfecting everything frequently, but that she was not going to act as an enforcer if people opted to sit next to each other. I took a pic of the outside seating area, but she ask me not to post it anywhere. It felt really good to see people out enjoying themselves for a change, and that a whole bunch of people enjoying their dinners are over the continual stream of BS they've been fed for the past six weeks.

And as an aside to this little piece of info, both Florida and Georgia have been re-opening for the past two weeks with no spikes in Rona cases. The take away here...This BS is about to come to an end for at least some of us.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
How does one eat with a mask on anyway?

I still take precautions because this is not the flu, at the same time this isn't going to kill millions like first feared. Unfortunately it's going to kill a decent amount of people, but we are way past containing it. It needs to run its course. I'm still not eating out for a while, but I didn't much before the panic.

Open up, if there are flare ups, then do control methods in those areas. Otherwise let's get on with life. These crazy lockdowns need to stop!

* Now just to convince the wifey of this *

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20845 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
This BS is about to come to an end for at least some of us.

Well, it's gotta start somewhere and the douchebag bourgeois hippies running my county are determined to be the last to get the word.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Another protest scheduled tomorrow at the Michigan capitol.

- The Governor will not be in the building and all legislators and officials will not report to work tomorrow

- The Governor threatened to extend the Stay at Home order if she feels the protest exposed people or is a threat to public health

- The Governor also threatened tickets for those not following her directives

- The Attorney General threatened arrests for anyone violating any law

It was also announced tonight that the Attorney General and MSP are monitoring all social media communication about the protest and action will be taken. Although what that action entailed was not clear in the report.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just to bounce off of what bigdeal posted, here is what the restaurant where my wife works just sent out to its employees. Tell me this isn't all kinds of messed up. And by the way, we are in the low season now here, meaning many of the restaurant employees who are now making a killing on unemployment would've been making way way less than what they make during the high season if they would've bothered to work at all which many don't this time of year.

I read this, and it just made me angry all over again at the dems in congress. And they want to extend this handout? My wife by the way did not qualify for unemployment because she didn't work enough days last year (she was pregnant).

quote:
Good evening everyone,

I wanted to be in touch to let everyone know about receiving the PPP loan

We were directed to take all employees off of unemployment and give the average of your 2019 wage per week on the payroll schedule for 4 pay periods. 

Most of you are making more on unemployment than what the calculation would be. 

I do not feel we should force you to take the lesser amount.

So if you have not heard from me by now to stop filing the unemployment every week, you are one of the people making more on unemployment -

with that being said, we are projecting business to be cut in half by what the industry is saying.

the people that have been taken off unemployment during the PPP paycheck period, if business is so slow, will be able to resume the unemployment without a waiting week and would resume receiving the extra Fed money.

if someone works and makes a small amount of money, you can file unemployment claiming that amount and you will receive the difference of what you were receiving and will be eligible for the fed money still.

I have confirmed this will the department of workforce services.

the fed money is supposed to go through July 31.  We understand that while it is nice to receive more on unemployment - we hope people will want to work and we will try very hard to make it fair, yet, that is what we need to figure out.

Please know I am fielding many calls, emails and texts - each of you is important to me, just know I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I know you will have questions about returning to work and how that effects each of you individually.

Take care and stay healthy,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Alan,

I seem to remember your sister was diagnosed with Covid-19 and was asymptomatic. How is she doing?

Everything still good?

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

1/8 of a million.

Dead.

And tomorrow? Same.

Next day? More same.

But not any of them "not" COVID fucking deaths, slowed the roll of folks getting the fuck on with life.

More than 1 fucking million people dying ever caused anyone to fucking pause and think; "What if we shut this shit down, we might have prevented some of the MORE THAN A MILLION PEOPLE, from dying. Nope. No one, and not even the Badass Honeybadger Universe, gave a shit.

Now, all the selfish "but maybe I might die an early death because it's not the flu, not a vehicle death, not a "what-ever-the-fuck" some other cause but Wu Hu Flu is "different" you bunch of weak Karen pussies.

Now, seriously. Go look in the mirror, and ask yourself. Is what you want the rest of nearly 8 billion people to "comply" face panty wearing, "SIXXXXX FEEEEETTTT!!!!!" social distancing, hiding ins you goddamn house avoiding and supporting all the GDC "protocols" worth the "maybe" few days added to your miserable life existence?

Signed...

I am fine. No crisis. No blood sugar issues. No use of mind-altering substances. No abuse of alcohol.

Just tired of the weak sisters that pretended to be Freemen, and cut of the cloth of the fabric from which this great Republic was fashioned.

Yeah. I have a great disdain for those who have pretended that all or any of this is truly necessary.

This "game", that we all have been "gamed", has done more damage, and will cost more than if we never were told of it and it simply had run its course with no knowledge of it whatsoever.

And anyone that tries to argue to the contrary only proves the point that it is a game one must not play.

Because it needs to be said again.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

1/8 of a million.

Dead.

And tomorrow? Same.

Next day? More same.

Signed...

I love your posts! Seriously, I admire your ability to put your thoughts to words, and the words that you write!

Posts: 219 | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DOD study raises tantalizing question: does flu shot increase vulnerability to coronaviruses?

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter

Phenomenon known as virus interference flagged in DOD study just before COVID-19 burst.

Just a few short weeks before the COVID-19 pandemic burst into public view, a medical researcher published a study on military members who got the flu shot. At the time, it barely created a ripple but its findings are now likely to have a larger impact on the future policy debate over infectious respiratory viruses.

The study published by Dr. Gregory Wolff in Science magazine was entitled, “Influenza vaccination and respiratory virus interference among Department of Defense personnel during the 2017-2018 influenza season" and it addressed a suspected phenomenon known as "virus interference."

The question Wolff, who is with the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Branch Air Force Satellite at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio, sought to answer was does the influenza vaccine, i.e. the flu shot, increase the potential for infections from other respiratory viruses. He had the perfect test population: military members who were mostly required to get the annual vaccine.

His findings were mixed: Overall the "receipt of influenza vaccination was not associated with virus interference” among the DOD personnel, he wrote. But he added: “Examining virus interference by specific respiratory viruses showed mixed results.”

And here's the kicker. “Vaccine derived virus interference was significantly associated with coronavirus and human metapneumovirus. However, significant protection with vaccination was associated not only with most influenza viruses, but also parainfluenza, RSV, and non-influenza virus co-infections"

In other words, there was some evidence a flu shot recipient might be more vulnerable to a coronavirus although well protected against many other forms of infection.

First off, the study is not a repudiation of flu vaccines, as some vaccine opponents have tried to make it. In fact, it clearly showed flu shots make a huge difference not only against influenza but many other viruses.

Secondly, the study isn't specific to COVID-19, which emerged long after the study was completed. The findings were about other viruses in the coronavirus family that cause things like bad colds.

And third, the study is hardly definitive. Though peer reviewed, it is known as a retrospective study looking at a past study instead of a live trial.

But what the study contributes to the future policy debate is a marker that more research likely needs to be done to understand how people who get flu shots and contract a coronavirus might need to be treated.

Dr. William Schaffner, a preventative medicine professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, called the January study a a “pinprick for future research.”

Schaffner told Just the News that Wolff's findings clearly merit more investigation, but then “came COVID-19 and everything COVID-19.”

“It is not a definite study rather a retrospective study which does not mean it is a poor study at all,” Schaffner said. “The investigators are very good, and Dr. Wolff recognizes the limitations of a retrospective study.”

The question not only has caught Schaffner's eye.

On Tuesday, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the government's chief of infectious disease research at NIAID, offered his own words of caution about virus interference from vaccines when he testified before the Senate.

“I must warn that there is a possibility of negative consequences where certain vaccines can actually enhance the negative effect of the infection,” he told lawmakers.

The Department of Defense provides a unique population for vaccination studies because mandatory vaccination against influenza is required of all DoD Active Duty and Reserve Component personnel.

Following the 1918 influenza pandemic that hit the U.S. military hard both in U.S. military camps and on the trains that transported soldiers across the country, as well as those serving overseas during World War I, the influenza vaccine was not discovered and administered to the U.S. military until 1938.

This DoD 2017-2018 study was reviewed and approved by the Air Force Research Laboratory Institutional Review Board.

The Department of Defense Global Respiratory Pathogen Surveillance Program (DoDGRS) was involved.

It was established by the Global Emerging Infections Surveillance and Response System (GEIS).

Dr. Schaffner told Just the News that the investigators are “excellent.”

“However because the focus now is on COVID-19,” says Schaffner, “it will probably be pursued as a line of investigation in the future.”

Just the News reached out to Dr. Wolff but he did not immediately respond for comment.

Posts: 12743 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Just to lighten things up a bit...
My father (a huge football fan) has taken to answering the phone "Corona Hotline, Tony speaking!"

Corona Extra | Tony Romo

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24180 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Color me (un)surprised, but Washington state is out of its goddamn mind.

Article

quote:
To reopen, Washington state restaurants will have to keep log of customers to aid in contact tracing.

A log, of all customers, for tracing.

In America.

In 2020.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
Alan,

I seem to remember your sister was diagnosed with Covid-19 and was asymptomatic. How is she doing?

Everything still good?

Yes, she recovered and is back to work now. She remained mostly asymptomatic the whole time except for a cough now and then. My brother-in-law and niece also ended up catching it (not surprising since they all live together). They also were mostly asymptomatic, except my brother-in-law did lose his sense of smell.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
They're drinking the cool aide here in Washington State.
quote:
Hairdressers file petition to delay salons re-opening until Phase 4
https://komonews.com/news/coro...pening-until-phase-4

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13409 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Yet more evidence that tobacco provides protection from the virus. As for: “However, more smokers succumbed to the disease - half of smokers compared to 35% of non-smokers”, I suspect that applies to cigarette smokers rather than pipe smokers, most of whom (including me) don’t inhale.

“Researchers have uncovered more evidence that smokers could be protected from the deadly coronavirus.

Fewer than five per cent of 441 COVID-19 patients who needed to be admitted to an Italian hospital were smokers.

The scientists described it as a 'very low' number, given that a quarter of the general population are known to be hooked on cigarettes.”

https://mol.im/a/8306781

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9003 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
NYC health head rejected NYPD mask plea: ‘I don’t give two rats’ asses about your cops’

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/...tter_impression=true

New York City’s health commissioner blew off an urgent NYPD request for 500,000 surgical masks as the coronavirus crisis mounted — telling a high-ranking police official that “I don’t give two rats’ asses about your cops,” The Post has learned.

Dr. Oxiris Barbot made the heartless remark during a brief phone conversation in late March with NYPD Chief of Department Terence Monahan, sources familiar with the matter said Wednesday.

Monahan asked Barbot for 500,000 masks but she said she could only provide 50,000, the sources said.

“I don’t give two rats’ asses about your cops,” Barbot said, according to sources.

“I need them for others.”

The conversation took place as increasing numbers of cops were calling out sick with symptoms of COVID-19 but before the department suffered its first casualties from the deadly respiratory disease, sources said.

Although surgical masks don’t necessarily prevent wearers from being infected with the coronavirus, they can prevent people from spreading it to others.

The NYPD has recorded 5,490 cases of coronavirus among its 55,000 cops and civilian workers, with 41 deaths, according to figures released Wednesday evening.

Patrick Lynch, president of the Police Benevolent Association, called for Barbot to be fired over her “despicable and unforgivable” comments.

“Dr. Barbot should be forced to look in the eye of every police family who lost a hero to this virus. Look them in the eye and tell them they aren’t worth a rat’s ass,” Lynch fumed.

In the wake of Barbot’s crass rebuff of Monahan, NYPD officials learned that the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene had a large stash of masks, ventilators and other equipment stored in a New Jersey warehouse, sources said.

The department appealed to City Hall, which arranged for the NYPD to get 250,000 surgical masks, sources said.

The federal Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency also learned about the situation, leading FEMA to supply the NYPD with Tyvek suits and disinfectant, sources said.

A source who was present during a tabletop exercise at the city Office of Emergency Management headquarters in Brooklyn in March recalled witnessing a “very tense moment” when Monahan complained to Mayor Bill de Blasio in front of Barbot about the NYPD’s need for personal protective equipment, saying, “For weeks, we haven’t gotten an answer.”

De Blasio, who was seated between Monahan and Barbot, asked her, “Oxiris, what is he talking about?” the source said.

When Monahan said the gear was vital to keeping cops safe, de Blasio said, “You definitely need it,” and told Barbot, “Oxiris, you’re going to fix this right now,” the source said.

Last week, Barbot — who’s been a routine participant in de Blasio’s daily coronavirus briefings — was noticeably absent when Blasio announced that the city’s public hospital system would oversee a major testing and tracing program, even though the DOH has previously run similar programs.

Hizzoner also heaped praise on the head of NYC Health + Hospitals, Dr. Mitchell Katz, saying, “When you have an inspired operational leader, you know, ‘Pass the ball to them’ is my attitude.”

De Blasio named Barbot the city’s health commissioner in 2018 following the resignation of Dr. Mary Bassett, who took a job at Harvard University’s School of Public Health amid an investigation into the DOH’s failure to alert federal officials to elevated levels of lead in the blood of children living in city housing projects.

“During the height of COVID, while our hospitals were battling to keep patients alive, there was a heated exchange between the two where things were said out of frustration but no harm was wished on anyone,” Department of Health press secretary Patrick Gallahue said, noting that Barbot “apologized for her contribution to the exchange.”

The NYPD declined to comment.

City Councilman Joe Borelli and Congressman Max Rose on Wednesday night joined Lynch in calling for Barbot’s ouster.

“I judged the mayor incorrectly for shifting duties away from her if this is how she feels about her job,” Borelli said, referencing de Blasio’s decision to transfer the city’s testing in trace program from the Department of Health to Health + Hospitals.

Rose tweeted: “This kind of attitude explains so much about City Hall’s overall response to this crisis. Dr. Barbot shouldn’t resign, she should be fired.”

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I need them for others.”
You don't need them at all, jackass.

Posts: 107744 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
Australian statistics/update, at a glance:

A flock of teddy bears flying overhead Smile
Is that a rainbow?

Smile

--chris

Flying teddy bears??? From OZ ???

Nuh-uh, don't be fooled!!!

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15910 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
What an absolute disaster things are in Pennsylvania with that pathetic governor Wolfman Hack and his tranny version of a Dr. Fauci with that incompetent Rachel Levine.

PA Health Secretary Moved Mother Out Of Personal Care Home After Ordering Nursing Homes To Accept COVID Patients

https://dailycaller.com/2020/0...mother-nursing-home/

I bet he has received a lot of Behavioral Health Treatment.

Pa.'s new physician general brings an LGBT point of view

Levine, who has just been named Pennsylvania's physician general, spent most of her 57 years - at least outwardly - as a man. If the state Senate confirms her appointment, the doctor, who until a few years ago was known as Richard Levine, will become one of the nation's very few, openly transgender people in public office.

When Gov. Wolf announced her on Jan. 17 as his choice for the cabinet post, he cited her expertise in pediatrics, psychiatry, and behavioral health.

https://www.inquirer.com/phill...T_point_of_view.html

Posts: 12743 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post