SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Why even give a date? They're too gutless to say their lockdown is indefinite so they just keep extending it just before it was supposed to expire.
Seriously!! That's 148 DAYS from when they locked down!! 148 DAYS

I guess I only thought we were screwed with lessening stay at home after 60 days in AL. Roll Eyes Honestly don't know how some of y'all are dealing with this BS.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

... There are going to be armed Democrats in the streets....

Where are the arms going to come from? I'm not giving them any.

I'm sure there are a few armed D's in Calif (and other places) that have had enough of this BS.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They’re doing that to keep the masses from freaking. Dr. False-i doesn’t even want school in the fall.

That ass Fauci is out there today claiming that the numbers are under reported. This idiot has been wrong every step of the way yet we are all supposed to take his word as gospel. If this MF'er had his way, everything would be shut down for years. I said from the start he is an attention whore and loves to spout off his nonsense for the gullible. Why does Trump keep this idiot around?

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:
They’re doing that to keep the masses from freaking. Dr. False-i doesn’t even want school in the fall.

That ass Fauci is out there today claiming that the numbers are under reported. This idiot has been wrong every step of the way yet we are all supposed to take his word as gospel. If this MF'er had his way, everything would be shut down for years. I said from the start he is an attention whore and loves to spout off his nonsense for the gullible. Why does Trump keep this idiot around?

His overly-cautionary warning about “prematurely” reopening the country, caused the stock market to drop 450 points after hovering around even most of the day.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Nothing from the CDC that I can trust': Birx reportedly casts doubt on coronavirus figures

https://www.washingtonexaminer...-coronavirus-figures

Dr. Deborah Birx, a leading member of the White House task force combating the coronavirus, and the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reportedly clashed last week over the veracity of data the center collects regarding cases and deaths.

During what sources characterized as a "heated discussion," according to to the Washington Post, Birx expressed frustration with Dr. Robert Redfield that the CDC was using an outdated system to track data that might be inflating figures, such as the mortality rate, by as much as 25%.

“There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust," Birx reportedly said.

Two senior administration officials told the Washington Post that the exchange was not heated.

The CDC has reported more than 1.3 million cases of the virus and nearly 79,000 deaths as of Sunday. That included more than 1,700 new cases from the day before.

The Washington Post reported that Redfield agreed his agency was "in need of a digital upgrade."

The alleged spat between two of the nation's leading health officials comes as states continue to grapple with how to classify deaths amid the pandemic.

The federal guidance to hospitals specified: “COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to the death.”

President Trump has expressed skepticism regarding coronavirus numbers reported by states and the federal government.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Imagine that

Posts: 107506 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
110 of 1,500 NYC criminals released for COVID19 have been rearrested. Could never imagine that happening. Guess they ain't afraid of da rona.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
His overly-cautionary warning about “prematurely” reopening the country, caused the stock market to drop 450 points after hovering around even most of the day.

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
[H]ealth “authorities” at all levels are the ones who are actually driving most of the measures that are being so damaging to the economy and personal lives. ... People in health departments usually don’t have such power, but in this crisis they’ve found that they’ve been given it, and they like it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Once again, chaps by definition are assless.[/QUOTE]
I am a chap, and I have an arse (ass)

Posts: 915 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I realized something today:

How many of you are subject matter experts in your fields? My company considers me to be one, and they have sent me all over the world to manage projects, consult, coach others, host multi-day workshops, etc. Every day people I have met somewhere in the word come to me for help, advice, problem solving, etc. I know I'm not as knowledgeable as others in my company at some specific parts of what I do, but I know who to go to or to bring into various issues as needed.

Now, my boss is a Director, and his boss is an Executive Director. We all have engineering degrees and a couple decades or more of experience. But you know what always happens when the Executive Director tries to talk about a technical subject she really doesn't know much about, but just so happens to manage the organization with the experts? Yeah, try not to roll your eyes or laugh out loud at the shear absurdity of half the stuff she says. And the VP is even worse with the constant self-promotion and obsession with certain things he wants to push for half basked reasons.

Is it no wonder that Fauci, who heads an agency, and who happens to be a Dr., but is really a career bureaucrat and manager is probably mangling what the real experts that work a few levels below him actually say? It a certainty, not a probability.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
More news from the COVID criminal release program here in PA Roll Eyes Not shocked. Accused rapist released. Violent crime and against wishes of DA. This is the state where the Gov wants us to listen to his faux-wisdom. BTW, yes-he BBQ'd.

More info in video Accused rapist found dead after fire, barricade situation in Hilltown Township

HILLTOWN TOWNSHIP, Pennsylvania (WPVI) -- An accused rapist who was recently released from prison was found dead inside a Bucks County home following a barricade situation on Tuesday.

The wild scene played out on the 2000 block of Hilltown Pike in Hilltown Township around 11 a.m.

Investigators say the incident started with some type of altercation involving a man and accused rapist, Curtis Fish.

Officials tell Action News that the suspect also tried to break into the Crossroads Tavern before fleeing into his home nearby.

Crossroads Tavern owner Mike Mrozinski was inside and watched most of it happen.

"He's not himself. I've known him for 16 years and he's not the same guy I had known him to be," said Mrozinski.

Mrozinski says police tried to tase him but it didn't work and he got inside his residence. Seconds later he came back out armed with fireworks and video shows him set them off. The house then went up in flames.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Way past tired of this flattening of the economy.

Pres. Trump needs to give Dr. Fraudci the boot.
Let him go play with numbers somewhere else.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Face panties will save you. They are the Majik.
Like the bunny foot.

Except no one consulted the bunny.

Poor, footless, bunny.

Sit bunny, sit.

But someone feels lucky.

Just remember, don't get yer face panties in a twist.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This Fauchi has more or less openly stated that if he had his way:

We would be locked down for 2 full years or until this magical vaccine is developed

You wouldn’t be able to go on a plane, go travel anywhere unless you had your “papers” for vaccine on you

Handshaking should be abolished

WTF, man? Why is Trump still keeping this guy around? I liked him at first but IMO it’s time he be quietly shown the door.

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This Fauchi has more or less openly stated that if he had his way:

We would be locked down for 2 full years or until this magical vaccine is developed

You wouldn’t be able to go on a plane, go travel anywhere unless you had your “papers” for vaccine on you

Handshaking should be abolished

WTF, man? Why is Trump still keeping this guy around? I liked him at first but IMO it’s time he be quietly shown the door.

How exactly does that work? Has he found an alternate to food and water?

You can only pump so much cash into the system before it becomes meaningless. If no one produces food a zillion dollar bill won't be enough to buy a can of beans.

[IMG Zimbabwe 100 trillion dollar bill /IMG]

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
'Nothing from the CDC that I can trust': Birx reportedly casts doubt on coronavirus figures

https://www.washingtonexaminer...-coronavirus-figures

Dr. Deborah Birx, a leading member of the White House task force combating the coronavirus, and the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reportedly clashed last week over the veracity of data the center collects regarding cases and deaths.

During what sources characterized as a "heated discussion," according to to the Washington Post, Birx expressed frustration with Dr. Robert Redfield that the CDC was using an outdated system to track data that might be inflating figures, such as the mortality rate, by as much as 25%.

“There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust," Birx reportedly said.

President Trump has expressed skepticism regarding coronavirus numbers reported by states and the federal government.

So, a few weeks ago I was the supervisor on the scene of a fatal motorcycle accident.
A couple of hours after the accident, I get a call from my desk asking me to call the Cook Co Medical Examiners office (the Corner). I do...
One of the Medical Examiners asked me "How did he feel before the accident?" "Was he sick?"
They asked me straight up if it was COVID related!
Then the good man informs me that each COVID related death, the state, county and city gets $39,000 to split between them.
The CLOSEST this death came to a Chinese virus was a Japnese motorcycle.

Then I was reminded of an old saying when I was working narcotics-
"Follow the money"

87 year old dies.... There's no downside of making this "natural" death into a "COVID" related death.
55 year old, asthma, overweight, diabetes dies, maybe he had the flu before they brought them into the hospital, there's no downside of checking the "COVID" box on the death certificate.

Now that's just one death that I had to deal with. Multiply that by all the other deaths in just Chicago.... How many deaths do you think that can "just happen to" fall into the COVID category?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only watch this after you've taken your BP medication.

Tucker: Inside the Democrats' $3 trillion coronavirus relief bill - YouTube

https://youtu.be/Sozz2965JVw

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:...

Monkey, you're my guy!
If an unfortunate "COVID" related accident happens to me, you know what to do with this post!

Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was probably felling pretty well, since after all, he was riding a motorcycle!

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post