SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The mother of a dear friend died a few days ago, lost a long battle to cancer, and not only did she spend her final days essentially alone, itself torturous for this particular lady, even in the end the funeral services were limited to a mere ten people, too. A few strangers were pallbearers, FFS, in a rushed service. An entire extended family and community and the surviving family can't even grieve normally.

It's a mess, these things, right now.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i know this thread has ton's of info. And about every topic has been brought up.
The fact that the hospitals get $13k+ from medicare if the cod is listed as c19 on the dc. And $39k+ if the patient was on a vent. And that virtually everyone at some point has or had some sort of CV. That is telling to me. Have you ever had a flu vac? Yep.
So literally every death could be from the Rona. There is no way to control with any level of legitimacy this out of control lunacy. That is for sure.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
It isn't about saving yourself from getting sick so much as trying to protect others from what you might have.

Because 99.99% of people don't have anything you need protection from.

If you need the protection, then you should wear a suitable mask. All of these little cutesy fabric jobs, bandannas, and everything else people are wearing does just about nothing other than the appearance that you're doing something.

Most masks without a seal won't protect you, but wearing one can protect other people in the store.

I don't believe the 99.9% number, but we'll agree not everyone in the stores have it. Enough do though that it is an issue. We also agree some of the cloth ones don't do much, but it is a numbers game. I'd rather have a bandana catch some of liquid particles if someone coughs or sneezes than throw it all into the air.

The point remains that most people don't want to wear a mask in stores because it is an inconvenience or for non conformance reasons. It would be nice to just have those concerns, but when there is a sweet kid in your family with a medical condition you'll understand why people like me wish some were more considerate until things slow down a bit more.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did score a tenderloin at Safeway for 9.99 per lb, $60 off normal price.

Whoa... you eat some expensive beef if normal price is $69.99 per lb.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Did score a tenderloin at Safeway for 9.99 per lb, $60 off normal price.

Whoa... you eat some expensive beef if normal price is $69.99 per lb.

$60 off total price, per pound 1/2 price for whole tenderloin.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

....I don't believe the 99.9% number, but we'll agree not everyone in the stores have it. Enough do though that it is an issue. We also agree some of the cloth ones don't do much, but it is a numbers game. I'd rather have a bandana catch some of liquid particles if someone coughs or sneezes than throw it all into the air.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
but when there is a sweet kid in your family with a medical condition you'll understand why people like me wish some were more considerate until things slow down a bit more.

I get the concerns. I have an autoimmune issue myself.

I don't have a problem with any private business setting whatever rules they wish. I do have a problem with the government mandating that others act in accordance with my needs.

I'm not wearing a mask. Heck, I've been out in public plenty since this all began without a mask. I have never liked being within large groups of people, and I have always been a good hand washer. Perhaps that's why it hasn't killed me yet.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
$60 off total price, per pound 1/2 price for whole tenderloin.

Gotcha. Good deal!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
There are nearly 8 billion people on this little ball of mud.

Expecting any of them to be more concerned about my health and well being than I am, is ludicrous and notwithstanding, a most selfish position to occupy.

I have autoimmune and respiratory concerns as well as a past compromise from a viral cause.

That being the case, I avoid things that I can, within reason, and the balance of living life without needless fear and trepidation.

During my life, I have encountered near death on quite a few occasions.

And old Hebrew saying;

"The whole world is a narrow bridge, and the essential thing is not to fear at all."

I will not wear a mask. Not going to do it. Karen can scream "six feet!" and piss herself.

If others are so fearful of me and the other 7,999,999,900 and some odd possible cootie spreaders, then isolate and hide.

This whole thing has been overblown and hyped from the beginning by people that were effectively clueless, those with agendas, and "experts" that mis-studied, mis-concluded, and ill-directed. Not to say there is not a true concern and correct methods and procedures to all of this, but my position, held since the beginning, has not been swayed for all that has gone on.

The damage done by the above has been and will be a very costly thing, both in material things, as well as the soul and psyche of people.

I do not think it has been, nor will it show itself, to have been worth the cost.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, no masks here.

Feel like "being safe" and "protecting yourself", then wear a mask if it suits you.

It's your freedom to choose to do so, it's your freedom to choose to go or not go where you please. I'll do the same.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
The point remains that most people don't want to wear a mask in stores because it is an inconvenience or for non conformance reasons. It would be nice to just have those concerns, but when there is a sweet kid in your family with a medical condition you'll understand why people like me wish some were more considerate until things slow down a bit more.

Your issue is that you have a child that is immunocompromised. That sucks, but during the flu season, you don't make everyone around you wear a mask do you? The only difference now is that you have fallen for the stupidity that is being spewed 24/7/365 on eleventybillion channels and across the interwebs. Is there a risk? Possibly. Is there a reason to make everyone wear a mask for the "safety" and convenience of your immunocompromised child? Nope! You can call me callous all you want to but that is about as absurd as telling everyone that they need to hand their guns in for some child's safety....It's a bullshit feelgood cop-out! The safety of you and your family is your responsibility, not mine or my families.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've said it many times in this thread and I'm going to say it again, and I am urging you to adopt the same philosophy: Refuse to wear a mask. I'm not covering my face for any reason other than protection against the elements- extreme cold and the like- and this would be solely at my discretion.

Simply refuse to go along with this nonsense. If some store or other establishment won't let you in without a mask, then just don't go in there, and after the dust has cleared, remember these people, and vote with your dollars.

Anyone who thinks they can make me cover my face should bring their lunch.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I also refuse to wear one of these things too.
Totally agree it should be YOUR CHOICE.
Are we headed to a world where we wear masks, keep away from anyone with a pulse?
What's next in this PC world ~ everyone wearing white suits as we head to the Morlocks to be eaten?

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I still can't believe the number of people falling for this bullshit.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I still can't believe the number of people falling for this bullshit.

It’s pathetic.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para. Smile There are a few businesses here that absolutely will not let you in without a mask, or require you to buy one at the door if you do not have your own. Nope...not doing it, and I am done shopping with you.

I've seen people driving their vehicles, ALONE in the vehicle and wearing a mask. What? Confused

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^ I’ve seen a BUNCH of people wearing a mask and only covering their mouth. And I’ve also seen a BUNCH of people wearing a dust/nuisance mask. It’s all about making themselves feel better and/or for show.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Went to Costco today. This was new, mask required for entry.
Yep, still waiting for my membership refund. And my patience with these people is starting to disappear...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most masks without a seal won't protect you, but wearing one can protect other people in the store.
For the most part, why would we want to kill the economy and the American way of life to protect the vast majority of the people from something they'll either be asymptomatic over, or that they'll endure flu like symptoms and recover from with no medical assistance to speak of. Both results leave these folks with COVID antibodies in their systems, something we should be striving to insure. We've now seen a number of medical reports noting upwards of 70%+ of the population will be mildly impacted if exposed to the virus and recover without much fanfare.
quote:
Kids of all ages have now been identified as one of the lowest at risk groups of all. If your kid has a preexisting condition, that might push their statistical likelihood of being impacted by the virus a bit higher, but they're likely still in a very low risk category. If you're 70+ year old and suffering from other conditions, you're in the highest risk category and should not be leaving the home for a while.

Look, the reality at this point is, the media and the corrupt politicos around us have done a number on the people, scaring the hell out of them. We know way more now about who and how this virus attacks than we did a month ago, yet a majority of us (thanks to the media and government) are still acting as though someone sneezing or coughing within 100 feet of them is a death sentence. I have never been more ashamed of how ignorant and gullible people are behaving right now. Long story short, we've been lied to and scammed from the beginning regarding this virus, and I for one am no longer playing along. Costco 'requires' masks, I cancel my Costco membership until they once again regain control of their damn minds. Simply put, I say no more.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post