SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Sorry if this has been posted already.

Looks as though Kentucky has jumped the shark. Judges order 4 people to wear ankle monitors because they refuse to quarantine. At least one has not tested positive and refused to sign quarantine order.

Link to fox news article

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
It isn't about saving yourself from getting sick so much as trying to protect others from what you might have.

Because 99.99% of people don't have anything you need protection from.

If you need the protection, then you should wear a suitable mask. All of these little cutesy fabric jobs, bandannas, and everything else people are wearing does just about nothing other than the appearance that you're doing something.

And then we have people who THINK they are protecting people with their mask, yet it's under their nose, pulling it off, loose bottom elastic, etc.

Then there's science where wearing a mask can harm you by recirculation.
Or other medical conditions where the restriction of oxygen is not doing them any favors.

Oh, and remember, the masks are one way filters! Roll Eyes

The whole mask deal is for optics, too keep people in fear. Must keep them under control.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Went to Costco today. This was new, mask required for entry.
Yep, still waiting for my membership refund. And my patience with these people is starting to disappear...

I haven't shopped there since they announced the mandatory masks. Going to call and cancel my membership tomorrow. I spent $300 at Sam's Club today, that was money that could've gone to Costco. If I were a stockholder, I would be pretty pissed that this CEO is doing that to my investment.

If I were Sam's Club, I would offer 50% off memberships from people who are current Costco members to get them to switch over. The profits are made from membership dues, sales of products cover expenses.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^ You realize that they are doing it to keep customers coming in the door right? If most of their customers didn't want to see them 'taking precautions, to make your shopping experience as safe as possible' they wouldn't be doing this shit. They separate customers coming and going with shopping cart baracades, mark off six foot tape for the lines, and stopped checking receipts so everyone feels warm and cozy shopping there. Think TSA security theater.

They are responding to most customers demands.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Wow. Cuomo, Murphy and Lamont are superstars... check out the control they exerted.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My barber shop is opening at midnight, but you have to bring your own mask. The announcement says buffs and bandanas won't cut it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^ You realize that they are doing it to keep customers coming in the door right? If most of their customers didn't want to see them 'taking precautions, to make your shopping experience as safe as possible' they wouldn't be doing this shit. They separate customers coming and going with shopping cart baracades, mark off six foot tape for the lines, and stopped checking receipts so everyone feels warm and cozy shopping there. Think TSA security theater.

They are responding to most customers demands.

Bullshit.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3965 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bullshit

So you think they are saving people's lives rather than an illusion of safety?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Bullshit

I’m saying that you saying they’re doing it in response to most “customer demands” is bullshit.

———————————————

Posts: 3965 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
quote:
Bullshit

I’m saying that you saying they’re doing it in response to most “customer demands” is bullshit.

I don't watch TV much, the other day I turned on TV, every single f#$&ing commercial was about how they could do touchless pizza delivery, seals on all manner of food, dive up food services, cars delivered to your house without setting foot in showrooms, xyz company doing this or that to make your shopping experience safer. Every. Damn. Commercial.

Someone is telling them this is what the customers want.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:

The same 5 Karens calling repeatedly until the leadership is so tired of hearing about it that they institute a "ban" on whatever bullshit they're complaining about. Ever see a parent cave to a kid that keeps screaming until it gets what it wants? No different and it only takes a few. Think about why we had to go to Richmond earlier this year. Do you think it was because a majority of Virginian's wanted gun control or because of a vocal few Liberals supported by big Democrat donors? Those screeching harpies can cause a lot of mayhem.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

How do you know that?

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't watch TV much, the other day I turned on TV, every single f#$&ing commercial was about how they could do touchless pizza delivery, seals on all manner of food, dive up food services, cars delivered to your house without setting foot in showrooms, xyz company doing this or that to make your shopping experience safer. Every. Damn. Commercial.

To that same end, you notice how many commercials specifically try and convince people of "The new normal" we're all apparently supposed to be a part of? Those are the commercials that are really pissing me off given the obvious attempt to re-from public perception to meet an agenda. "Normal" can only change if and when we allow is to change, and nothing that's occurred associated with this stupid bug warrants a change. And I for one am not feeling very cooperative in that goal.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Went to Costco today. This was new, mask required for entry.
Yep, still waiting for my membership refund. And my patience with these people is starting to disappear...

If I were Sam's Club, I would offer 50% off memberships from people who are current Costco members to get them to switch over. The profits are made from membership dues, sales of products cover expenses.

I think Sams is offering basically a free membership. Apparently you pay $45 to get a membership and the first $45 of your purchase is at no charge.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's an infinite loop of fear. Everyone is feeding off of everyone else's irrational fear. Someone, or more accurately a large group of someones, needs to pull the plug on this leftist, doomsayer, technocrat created hysteria.

A friend of mine just got off of an airplane, and he said there was a large group of asians in full raincoat regalia complete with ski goggles and of course masks. What do you even call that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
If masks work, why do businesses need to be closed?

If they don't work, why are we forced to wear them?

Some of you on here should really pay attention to these questions and figure out some things for yourselves!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Some of you on here should really pay attention to these questions and figure out some things for yourselves!

A-freaking-men

———————————————

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

Please report to re-education camp 1984; you are displaying dangerous indications of thinking for yourself and using reason together with logic... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really, why shut down anything ever and stay at home if we can all wander around and be "safe" with a simple mask?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3531 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Cuomo reverses course. Cuomo touts New York's decline in hospitalizations, effectively reverses mandate linked to nursing-home deaths

The vast majority of deaths were in nursing homes, instead of using unused Javitz center or Navy ship, he sent them back to die alone in nursing homes. Now he's trying to back track on saying it's the nursing homes job to care for them (they can't, their job is not containing viruses). If they took steps months ago, there would have been far fewer deaths. He effectively said EMTs should be performing brain surgery by sending them back.

Protecting the weakest is the way to save lives, not locking the entire populace up.

Day late, dollar short.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis