SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Italian leader calls out fake virus death numbers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...kao&feature=emb_logo

You CAN extrapolate this to the US but not exactly, and find the numbers the CDC issued “accidentally” last week nearly match. The CDC has two columns, those that were tested positive and died, and those that were only assumed to have had the Wuflu but actually died of other morbidities. CDC Stated on day last week 37k dead at the time the “official” numbers were 75+k. Looks like there is a lot of lying going on, as has been stated several times previously.

Posts: 930 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the silliness continues.....While the PGA Tour has not resumed play yet, the Wyndham Championship is scheduled for here locally (Greensboro) in August. Yesterday the idiots running it here announced that all attendees will be required to wear masks. It usually draws huge crowds for the weekend rounds so imagine trying to enforce that and what about players? Why should they not have to as well? I hope if it is held, the dumb asses lose millions in revenue from poor attendance.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Employees at my job are not adapting well to the mask requirement. One left early yesterday because she kept getting dizzy. Another guy almost passed out multiple times and one woman got sick a couple times. My job is often physically demanding so I walk off in a corner, pull the mask down and take a few deep breaths. I’ve gotten light headed many times. Guess we’re all suffering from CO2 toxicity.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Employees at my job are not adapting well to the mask requirement. One left early yesterday because she kept getting dizzy. Another guy almost passed out multiple times and one woman got sick a couple times. My job is often physically demanding so I walk off in a corner, pull the mask down and take a few deep breaths. I’ve gotten light headed many times. Guess we’re all suffering from CO2 toxicity.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
There are physical and psychological reasons for an inability to wear a mask. Some people are claustrophobic, others develop a rash and skin sensitivity. In fact there are Journal articles detailing skin problems due to wearing PPE.

Of course there are also those who just do not want to comply.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Masks are very fashionable now. They're a hip, cool way to display your virtue and obedience to authority. I now see more masks on people under 25 than on people over 60. Young couples everywhere are walking hand in hand all masked up for a romantic fear filled date. I just don't know how much more of this I can take.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3630 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
COVID took my Grandmother. Yes, she had underlying conditions but COVID caused her ultimate demise. What people don’t consider is how the virus requires changes to someones normal medical regimes. That then has a cascading effect on everything else. So while she was fighting the virus the other medical conditions got a boost. And, she had to fight alone in isolation from the ones who love her and could have given her support. So COVID also kills by shear isolation from the world you know and love. How can you expect someone to go thru this alone and survive?? It kills in many ways by devastating the body, spirit and mind. So when you take the approach of “COVID didn’t kill all those people” think again. Take in the whole picture. It devastates completely and it did take her from us.

She ended up with viral encephalopathy and respiratory decline.
Her children did not want a ventilator to be her end so she went peacefully with comfort care measures yesterday alone in her room. I cannot tell you how heartbreaking it is that we couldn’t be there for her.

30+ years as a nurse caring for so many patients and this is how she has to go out.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Sad to hear.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I cannot tell you how heartbreaking it is that we couldn’t be there for her.

I'm sorry. My condolences.
It is heartbreaking that loved ones can't be there for these patients.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
COVID took my Grandmother. Yes, she had underlying conditions but COVID caused her ultimate demise. What people don’t consider is how the virus requires changes to someones normal medical regimes. That then has a cascading effect on everything else. So while she was fighting the virus the other medical conditions got a boost. And, she had to fight alone in isolation from the ones who love her and could have given her support. So COVID also kills by shear isolation from the world you know and love. How can you expect someone to go thru this alone and survive?? It kills in many ways by devastating the body, spirit and mind. So when you take the approach of “COVID didn’t kill all those people” think again. Take in the whole picture. It devastates completely and it did take her from us.

She ended up with viral encephalopathy and respiratory decline.
Her children did not want a ventilator to be her end so she went peacefully with comfort care measures yesterday alone in her room. I cannot tell you how heartbreaking it is that we couldn’t be there for her.

30+ years as a nurse caring for so many patients and this is how she has to go out.

So sorry for your Loss. My wife is a retired 45 yr RN. And it does matter your Grandmother was a Nurse for that long as she knew what was happening. I can only imagine how she felt. Unfortunately others all over the country are going thru the same thing. It is just shameful and against everything we are, to be banned for nefarious reasons. Gods Peace to you and your family dealing with your loss.

Posts: 4445 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Might want to watch this one before it goes bye bye.

Why are Google & YouTube so Afraid of Dr. Dan Erickson | Sebastian Gorka Radio - YouTube

Thanks, I watched and downloaded the video.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17155 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Has The WHO Done Anything Correctly?

It's obvious that the clinical experience of the physicians treating COVID-19 is important, and as they try different therapies a standard is developed. It is also obvious that rapid dissemination of that information is vital to our success in treating this disease, yet the WHO (or should we call it "People's Republic of China, World Health Division?) has stumbled and fumbled to what seems like the exact wrong conclusion.

A Report From the Front: Positive, life-saving news from the trenches that's going unreported by those fearful of ending the lockdown.
https://spectator.org/a-report-from-the-front/

But here's a question: why weren't physicians from the very onset of the pandemic using this or a similar strategy to treat the inflammation caused by SARS-CoV-2? As stated in Dr. Marik's treatment protocol, the consortium provides this disturbing answer:

The systematic failure of critical care systems to adopt corticosteroid [anti-inflammatory] therapy resulted from the published recommendations against corticosteroids use by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the American Thoracic Society (ATS) amongst others. A very recent publication by the Society of Critical Care Medicine and authored [by] one of the members of our group (UM), identified the errors made by these organizations in their analyses of corticosteroid studies based on the findings of the SARS and H1N1 pandemics. Their erroneous recommendation to avoid corticosteroids in the treatment of COVID-19 has led to the development of myriad organ failures which have overwhelmed critical care systems across the world.

Our treatment protocol targeting these key pathologies has achieved near uniform success, if begun within 6 hours of a COVID19 patient presenting with shortness of breath or needing ≥ 4L/min of oxygen. If such early initiation of treatment could be systematically achieved, the need for mechanical ventilators and ICU beds will decrease dramatically. [Emphasis added.]

Got that? The World Health Organization, which authoritatively told us that there was no human-to-human transmission of the virus and which bitterly condemned President Trump's China travel ban, and the CDC, which wasted precious weeks using the wrong test for SARS-CoV-2, recommended against using anti-inflammatory drugs to treat COVID-19. This failure and misinformation by these taxpayer-funded organizations are as infuriating as the Food and Drug Administration's recent warning about hydroxychloroquine possibly causing irregular heartbeat in COVID-19 patients even though the FDA provides no similar warning for the millions of persons who take it for malarial prophylaxis or as an anti-inflammatory in the treatment of lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.

But a larger question remains unanswered: Why is the WHO seemingly actively working against a robust, rational, scientific response to Chinese Flu?

Is it the bureaucrat's age-old desire to remain relevant...is it a more malign desire to bolster the Chinese in their fight against the West...is it sheer stupidity and incompetence...or is it a combination of all three?

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/387203.php

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Masks are very fashionable now. They're a hip, cool way to display your virtue and obedience to authority. I now see more masks on people under 25 than on people over 60. Young couples everywhere are walking hand in hand all masked up for a romantic fear filled date. I just don't know how much more of this I can take.

I get what you are saying, but why is it an issue? It isn't about saving yourself from getting sick so much as trying to protect others from what you might have. Masks don't keep you from getting it, but we all still have to go to the store, so people who don't wear one are putting the rest of us at risk.

Most people are lucky enough not to have high-risk people in their family, but not all of us are that lucky. Some of us have multiple family members who already struggle with health issues daily, like the grandmother mentioned above who died. People selfishly wanting to fight the power by not conforming, could end up putting one of them in a box. It's great people want to act tough and fight the power, but it would be great if people would stop worrying about the small inconvenience and think of others until this slows down. I get people will disagree, but perspectives change when you are worried about a small child who already struggles.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Tara, I couldn't imagine going with no one there to hold my hand.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
It isn't about saving yourself from getting sick so much as trying to protect others from what you might have.

Because 99.99% of people don't have anything you need protection from.

If you need the protection, then you should wear a suitable mask. All of these little cutesy fabric jobs, bandannas, and everything else people are wearing does just about nothing other than the appearance that you're doing something.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Went to Costco today. No meat except pork, didn't even have my racks of lamb I usually buy and I never usually see anyone buying them. This was new, mask required for entry.

Did score a tenderloin at Safeway for 9.99 per lb, $60 off normal price. Steak burittos with the tip tonight and a bunch of filet mignon to vacuum seal and freeze. Also picked up some frozen shrimp and some sockeye salmon so that in addition to the stuff already in the freezer, I'm good for protein for next couple of months.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:

COVID took my Grandmother . . . she had to fight alone in isolation from the ones who love her and could have given her support. I cannot tell you how heartbreaking it is that we couldn’t be there for her.

That is one of the saddest things that I have read. Heartbreaking. I do not have the words to tell you how sorry I am.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31387 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The mother of a dear friend died a few days ago, lost a long battle to cancer, and not only did she spend her final days essentially alone, itself torturous for this particular lady, even in the end the funeral services were limited to a mere ten people, too. A few strangers were pallbearers, FFS, in a rushed service. An entire extended family and community and the surviving family can't even grieve normally.

It's a mess, these things, right now.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i know this thread has ton's of info. And about every topic has been brought up.
The fact that the hospitals get $13k+ from medicare if the cod is listed as c19 on the dc. And $39k+ if the patient was on a vent. And that virtually everyone at some point has or had some sort of CV. That is telling to me. Have you ever had a flu vac? Yep.
So literally every death could be from the Rona. There is no way to control with any level of legitimacy this out of control lunacy. That is for sure.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19710 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
It isn't about saving yourself from getting sick so much as trying to protect others from what you might have.

Because 99.99% of people don't have anything you need protection from.

If you need the protection, then you should wear a suitable mask. All of these little cutesy fabric jobs, bandannas, and everything else people are wearing does just about nothing other than the appearance that you're doing something.

Most masks without a seal won't protect you, but wearing one can protect other people in the store.

I don't believe the 99.9% number, but we'll agree not everyone in the stores have it. Enough do though that it is an issue. We also agree some of the cloth ones don't do much, but it is a numbers game. I'd rather have a bandana catch some of liquid particles if someone coughs or sneezes than throw it all into the air.

The point remains that most people don't want to wear a mask in stores because it is an inconvenience or for non conformance reasons. It would be nice to just have those concerns, but when there is a sweet kid in your family with a medical condition you'll understand why people like me wish some were more considerate until things slow down a bit more.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did score a tenderloin at Safeway for 9.99 per lb, $60 off normal price.

Whoa... you eat some expensive beef if normal price is $69.99 per lb.

-rduckwor