SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I have a friend who went to NY as a nurse. For what they're paying her she can pay the taxes. It is an absurd amount (which she is still there collecting).
For anyone who works with numbers day in and day out, the taxes on the income these out-of-state workers would accrue is utterly insignificant to the actual tax collections of New York. This is not about the taxes these people will owe, this is 100% about squeezing Washington for more cash and daring them not to pay it. Its typical disgusting politics at the expense of ever person who works and pays taxes. Heads on pikes would be a nice response.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
So they were paid in their home state? They went to New York to help them out in their time of need.

Are they going to be taxed based on their home state’s tax rate which may be lower or non existent? No, it will be based on New York’s tax rate. So will their home state be short because of New York?

Unless states have an agreement of some sort, you pay state income taxes on wages to your state of residence and to the state you earned the wages in. This is the way it has been for at least 30 years (I'm sure it's decades more, but I started doing taxes 30 years ago). Some states will give a credit for taxes paid in another state.

The rules are different if you move from one state to another. You pay each state taxes based on the income you earned while residing in each state.

Posts: 11662 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unless states have an agreement of some sort, you pay state income taxes on wages to your state of residence and to the state you earned the wages in.

When my daughter was in college at the University of Tulsa, she had a part time job. She also came back to Missouri for the summer and worked an internship in Wood River, Illinois.
She had to file State income tax returns in Oklahoma, Missouri, and Illinois. It can be quite complicated.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So this is the new America? We have to apologize to our elected officials or go to jail?

Real criminals are being released from Dallas prisons, and being replaced by a new category of criminals as defined by our betters.

Ayn Rand was right:"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

Posts: 653 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
This shit is out of hand

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Here's the "judge".

What a c**t.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our governor Jay Inslee has told our local leaders that they can not begin to open our economy until there are no new cases reported for 3 weeks. This proclamation will mean that it will never open again. I think it is time for the lawyers to get to work.

Posts: 1834 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
If they can get so many armed Americans to go to that Virginia rally back in January why can't we do the same outside of that courthouse?
It's time.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
Our governor Jay Inslee has told our local leaders that they can not begin to open our economy until there are no new cases reported for 3 weeks. This proclamation will mean that it will never open again. I think it is time for the lawyers to get to work.

People should refuse to get tested.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't decide which one of the two in the photo is the bigger POS? Probably that judge for being such an arrogant prick.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:

So.....your state won’t open until until 2025. Nice.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4015 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
So they were paid in their home state? They went to New York to help them out in their time of need.

Are they going to be taxed based on their home state’s tax rate which may be lower or non existent? No, it will be based on New York’s tax rate. So will their home state be short because of New York?

Unless states have an agreement of some sort, you pay state income taxes on wages to your state of residence and to the state you earned the wages in. This is the way it has been for at least 30 years (I'm sure it's decades more, but I started doing taxes 30 years ago). Some states will give a credit for taxes paid in another state.

The rules are different if you move from one state to another. You pay each state taxes based on the income you earned while residing in each state.

It's more complicated than that as only pay income taxes for the money you earn in a state. SO if you report 30% of your income as earned out of state, your home state will reduce your income by roughly that amount. It never equals out and you do end up getting hosed but all of the states do this.

So if you live in GA, like I do, but work in Texas, Texas takes no income tax and Ga will tax me at all 100%. Like I said, you get hosed no matter what.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6897 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:

The democrats will be happy to give blue states more money for their decision to stay locked down. The treasury printing presses will be going full steam.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another one, in Odessa, TX, this time with a freaking SWAT team.

This is tyranny, plain and simple.

We need to fight this with everything we have.

Posts: 653 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
So are businesses being "cop haters" when they refuse to serve officers (and their families) for being on the receiving end of this treatment?

If those police agencies wish to treat their tax paying, law abiding, productive members of society in this fashion, why should they get a single ounce of respect?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15856 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
A little Corona Virus levity, announcer calls horse race with virus names.

https://m.facebook.com/story.p...36&id=610241735&_rdr

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
So this is the new America? We have to apologize to our elected officials or go to jail?

Real criminals are being released from Dallas prisons, and being replaced by a new category of criminals as defined by our betters.

Ayn Rand was right:"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

Good for the lady responding to that 'judge' (more aptly, POS). I would only suggest that she misspoke when she said she had respect for the court. When a judge behaves in that manner, she should be honest and share that she has utter contempt for the court and the judge. I hope she ends up with a long line of customers the remainder of the week, and she continues to refuse to comply with this BS. And as for an apology to Lightfoot for disrespecting her, she might assure the judge he hasn't begun to see what real disrespect looks like yet.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
So are businesses being "cop haters" when they refuse to serve officers (and their families) for being on the receiving end of this treatment?

If those police agencies wish to treat their tax paying, law abiding, productive members of society in this fashion, why should they get a single ounce of respect?
Is this being discussed in this thread, or did you just pull it out of the air? I suspect that it's the latter, but either way, this is not something which we're going to bicker over in this thread. Just put it away and let's move on.

And you wonder why in the past I've addressed your attitude towards the police. Your response is always that you're just being fair and seeing both sides, but that's not what I see in your posts. It looks like you have an anti-LEO bias and it looks like you're trying to start an argument, but you'll tell me that isn't the case. Noted. Let's move on.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
And you wonder why in the past I've addressed your attitude towards the police. Your response is always that you're just being fair and seeing both sides, but that's not what I see in your posts. It looks like you have an anti-LEO bias and it looks like you're trying to start an argument, but you'll tell me that isn't the case. Noted. Let's move on.

This IS the other side. And moving on.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15856 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post