SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes, believe me, I know. You want to make sure we don't worship the police, so you come up with crap like this- you just come out of nowhere with it. But hey, it's all about being fair. Got it.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
That's what being fair is, no? Seeing both sides? I have personally seen both sides, and that's why I don't "worship the police" as a whole. Kind of like the "nurses are heros" thread.

I don't judge people based on their profession, I judge them individually based on their actions. So when you read a story of somebody who doesn't want to do business with the police, perhaps they've had an interaction with the police that leads them to that position. That's "both sides".

I'm assuming you agree with what you see in these videos? It's OK for the swat team to show up in their armored trucks and haul you off to jail for operating your business when the government told you not to? I don't think it's OK at all, and it's not just the police in that video that I have a problem with. It's everybody in government from top to bottom that thinks that is OK.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15856 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Enough. You and you alone dredge up crap like this about the police. You have some sort of hangup about them. Your efforts to be "fair" deal with putting down the police.

It's pointless to try to dissuade me from what I can see- and have seen, many times from you- with my own eyes. Not another word about it.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
It's more complicated than that as only pay income taxes for the money you earn in a state. SO if you report 30% of your income as earned out of state, your home state will reduce your income by roughly that amount. It never equals out and you do end up getting hosed but all of the states do this.

So if you live in GA, like I do, but work in Texas, Texas takes no income tax and Ga will tax me at all 100%. Like I said, you get hosed no matter what.

I had a more complicated answer, but decided I couldn't adequately cover all the variations including county and city income taxes in a post anyone would care to read. Wink

Posts: 11662 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
If you want to see some self-righteous, virtue-signaling BS about these goddam masks, take a look at this.

Cecily Tynan is a long time Philly weather bimbo and an avid runner. My BIL used to be on a NPS grass cutting crew at Valley Forge Park where she was a regular runner and basically said she was an absolute bitch on wheels.

She posted this to her Facebook yesterday and it was about 50/50 of people telling her she was so brave and smart vs people telling her she was a total idiot, naturally I had to respond as well. She promptly deleted my remark, guess it didn’t go over too well, LOL!

My response to her:

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
Our governor Jay Inslee has told our local leaders that they can not begin to open our economy until there are no new cases reported for 3 weeks. This proclamation will mean that it will never open again. I think it is time for the lawyers to get to work.

When I saw Mayor Woodward's video this morning regarding commie Inslee's statement my blood pressure went through the roof. She's really pissed and should just say "screw you, we're opening up!!" There are only 9 people in the hospital with COVID in all of Spokane County. That's 9 out of 550,000 people. Mad This is our punishment for typically voting Republican, nothing more, nothing less.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
If you want to see some self-righteous, virtue-signaling BS about these goddam masks, take a look at this.

Cecily Tynan is a long time Philly weather bimbo and an avid runner.
She can kiss our collective ass.

I was at Publix today. They now have a sign at the door stating that masks are required. I walked in and told the manager I was going to do some grocery shopping, and if he intended to refuse service to me, I would never again set foot in any Publix store. Ever.

He said that there was no practical way to force people to wear a mask in the store. I said 'You're damn right' and shook his hand and bought my groceries.

I'm not covering my face for anyone or any thing, be it government or a business. I'm just not doing it.

Out of about perhaps thirty people in the store, counting employees, there were two men I saw without masks, and myself as well, of course.

Fear equals control.

Control equals power.

Power equals money.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
...shook his hand and bought my groceries.
He actually shook your hand, what a brave heroic soul! Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6368 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, he shook my hand after I put mine out, and no doubt disinfected himself when I was around the corner. I doubt that it was anything more than a reflex to him, but he actually made contact with another human.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Fear equals control.

Control equals power.

Power equals money.
Yep. Still waiting on my Costco membership refund for the exact same reason.

On a related note, I spoke with a couple of college kids I know and its absolutely amazing how spooked they are over this bug. Guess its the constant media barrage, but these kids are scared to even go out of the house. Its really sad.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, he shook my hand after I put mine out, and no doubt disinfected himself when I was around the corner. I doubt that it was anything more than a reflex to him, but he actually made contact with another human.

Good for him.

On a related note, President Trump yesterday refused to wear a mask during a tour of a Honeywell factory. Absolutely damn right he refused. The leader of the free world cannot be seen wearing a mask. Doing so would put out a terrible image.

Anyone remember when Reagan met with Gorbachev in Geneva on an absolutely freezing cold day, and Reagan refused to wear a coat? Gorbachev on the other hand was completely bundled up. The imagery was lasting.

No way I ever want to see my President wearing a mask.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

Fear equals control.

Control equals power.

Power equals money.

And those stupid fucking masks advertise and promote the fear and willingness to be controlled.

If someone asks me why I don't just wear a mask to make others feel better just ask them why Rosa Parks didn't just move to the back of the bus.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

On a related note, President Trump yesterday refused to wear a mask during a tour of a Honeywell factory. Absolutely damn right he refused. The leader of the free world cannot be seen wearing a mask. Doing so would put out a terrible image.

And you just KNOW that CNN was waiting for the chance to have a BREAKING NEWS!!! segment IF Trump HAD worn a mask:

"Trump wearing a mask! He's SCARED! Look how SCARED he is with that mask on! Why, the President shouldn't be wearing a mask! That's a terrible look! What a terrible POTUS!"

Roll Eyes

And Mike Pence caught hell too for not wearing one. I guarantee-friggen-tee you that the VP and POTUS are being tested EVERY DAY with some super secret squirrel instant COVID test to make sure they come up negative. Like Pence said, why would I wear a mask if I don't have it?

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
As Ben Shapiro points out, they have changed the reason for the lock-downs...

@benshapiro
The goal of flattening the curve, for the thousandth time, was to avoid swamping the health system. If we're now shifting the argument to "buying time" so we can develop a therapeutic or vaccine, let's say that out loud -- and then let's hear some prospective timelines.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How'd you like to be the last person on Earth to figure out that we've been scammed? What kind of clueless automaton would you have to be? I'm not talking about admitting it publicly. We all know the left never takes responsibility and never wishes to appear in agreement with conservatives. How'd you like to be the last guy on the planet to say 'Hey, what a minute...'?

Ya droolin' im-be-cile!!

Don't worry Rain Man. You've got plenty of company.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I just read that the woman in Texas who was jailed for trying to keep her livelihood afloat was released on Gov. Abbott's order.
This is great news and I hope in emboldens more to thwart this tyranny.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
About shaking hands--I really hope we don't lose that as a social custom. I take pride in my handshakes. My brother taught me at a young age to give a firm handshake and maintain eye contact. I always notice when people immediately look away or give weak-ass handshakes. I don't call them out but I notice. I like to greet and say goodbye with a handshake. What about the traditional after-the-ball-game shake and congratulations? The handshake after the Stanley Cup? Etc. I hope we don't lose those things.

Year V

Posts: 2672 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That, and having your face covered becoming socially acceptable/normal. If the world changes because people suddenly realize that there's cooties everywhere, then we're about as stupid as I estimate us to be right now.

An entire planet of Howard Hughes' with Kleenex boxes on their feet.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Let's call it Cootievirus...

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Around my house, we call it The Big Kahuna Virus.