SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Remember these are just the beautiful people, the world class athletes, the notably famous that are dropping like flies. Imagine if the same attention was paid to all regular folks that “died mysteriously” over the last 2.5- almost 3 years since the “vaccine” became widely available. Of course, there will always be dissenting voices that are self deluded, blinded, and in many cases willfully ignorant to the fact that the vaccine injures and kills but choose to believe that government and big pharma would NEVER.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15712 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Link

Supreme Court Delivers Blow to Vaccine Skeptics

The U.S. Supreme Court rejected to hear an appeal relating to COVID-19 vaccine requirements in the workplace, dealing a blow to vaccine skeptics across the nation.

On Tuesday morning, the Supreme Court orders list showed that it was denying to hear any further arguments in the case Katie Sczesny, et al. v. Murphy, Gov. of New Jersey, et al. The case focused on four New Jersey nurses who filed a lawsuit against New Jersey's COVID-19 vaccine requirements in the workplace, citing religious freedom and health concerns.

The Supreme Court did not provide any further explanation for its refusal to hear the case, but the decision allows a ruling in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit to stand. The lower court ruled that the vaccine mandate challenged by the nurses did not violate their Constitutional freedoms and allowed an executive order from New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy to stay in place.
Newsweek reached out to lawyers for the state of New Jersey and Murphy via email for comment.

"We are disappointed the Supreme Court did not take up this issue now, but hope that it will take up this question soon, whether in this case after final judgment or another case. We need our highest Court to provide guidance on this important question of liberty before another pandemic and another emergency vaccine," Dana Wefer, a lawyer for the four nurses who filed the lawsuit, told Newsweek on Tuesday.

The decision by the Supreme Court on Tuesday comes as some Americans have continued to question the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine and past requirements for workers to be inoculated during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.

In April of last year, the four nurses, Katie Sczesny, Jamie Rumfield, Debra Hagen, and Mariette Vitti, filed a lawsuit against the state of New Jersey, arguing that executive orders related to the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccine booster requirements were unconstitutional.

In one portion of their complaint, the nurses mention Murphy's Executive Order 283, which required healthcare workers to receive COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters.

"EO 283 violates the liberty and privacy rights protected by the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, including the right to refuse medical procedures and the right to not be medically surveilled by government actors," the nurses wrote.

They also argued that the vaccine mandates violated their religious freedoms, and one portion of the complaint explains that Sczesny was pregnant and did not want to receive a booster while pregnant. The complaint alleges that Sczesny was informed her pregnancy "was not a legitimate reason to wait to receive her booster" by her employer.

The challenge was later dismissed by the lower court of appeals, but the four nurses rechallenged, asking the Supreme Court to hear their arguments.

Posts: 23800 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
https://wethepatriotsusa.org/shot-dead-movie/

"Shot Dead" the movie...

This is the movie we wish we didn’t have to make. But this is a movie everyone needs to see. For the first time ever, hear the stories of covid shot deaths as told by the parents who lost their children. Shot Dead premiered on November 9, 2023 – the one-year anniversary of 18 year-old Trista Martin’s death from the shot, in her hometown of Tulsa (Trista is featured prominently in the film).

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/kevinnbass.../1724233073229738024

"A sketch of a theory of Covid pandemic elite class psychosis

During the pandemic, the elite class entered a state of mass psychosis, i.e., mass delusional thinking and behavior.

Now everyone who has worked with psychotic patients knows that one must not directly challenge delusional beliefs: challenging them entrenches these beliefs, causes aggression, sometimes even violence.

Well Covid critics were precisely those challenging those psychotic beliefs.

And the response was as could be expected: deplatforming, doxing, firing, political persecution.

You see, the real purpose of anti-misinformation measures put in place by elites was more to maintain the texture, continuity, and integrity of their own psychological projections as it was to ensure that everyone had the “correct information”.

Unfortunately because this understanding of reality had more to do with psychological projection than with reality itself, i.e., it was delusional, this effort to ensure the control of information only locked the elite class even tighter in the closed prison cell of their own delusion.

Free speech was important not because it would have been decisive but because it would have loosened the hold that this psychosis had over the elite class, which was nearly total.

Free speech would have introduced heterogeneous ideas, concerns, perspectives, values, etc. that could have shifted the obsessive monomaniacal psychosis of the elite class and helped it to call its own ideas into question, improving the rigor of science.

The capacity that must be taught to future elites is that of tolerance, of democratic values, of the valuation of perspectives other than their own, and the maintenance of this tolerance and largeness of soul precisely when it is most difficult: during times of stress and hysteria.

Only by cultivating these values and psychological capacities will it be possible for our decision makers to break free of their psychosis more quickly and readily, to avoid entering them, and to challenge them in the future—leading to better decision-making.

The alternative is catastrophe."

Posts: 108289 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
https://wethepatriotsusa.org/shot-dead-movie/

"Shot Dead" the movie...

This is the movie we wish we didn’t have to make. But this is a movie everyone needs to see. For the first time ever, hear the stories of covid shot deaths as told by the parents who lost their children. Shot Dead premiered on November 9, 2023 – the one-year anniversary of 18 year-old Trista Martin’s death from the shot, in her hometown of Tulsa (Trista is featured prominently in the film).

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30668 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Thanks, Alan. [thumbs up]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
SMDH

It’s more like “can I afford this” than “is it safe” these days:

https://twitter.com/wallstreet...698757453799617?s=46

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
An important new preprint study led by Yale researchers with eighteen authors published late last week titled, “Post-Vaccination Syndrome: A Descriptive Analysis of Reported Symptoms and Patient Experiences After Covid-19 Immunization.” The study, basic though it was, offered new hope to people struggling with difficult-to-diagnose vaccine injuries that their useless doctors refuse to recognize or just gaslight everybody about.

The study began its very first sentence by stating — as a fact — that “A severe, debilitating, chronic post-vaccination syndrome (PVS) after covid-19 vaccination has been reported but has yet to be well characterized.” Severe. Debilitating. Chronic. (It’s totally safe! Ninety-five percent effective! The most thoroughly-tested vaccines in human history!) The authors obviously called it a vaccine syndrome instead of a vaccine injury to avoid implying causality, which would have badly triggered all the censorious white-coated sellouts, not to mention Big Pharma’s big-government brute squad.

To be clear, the researchers — who are obviously not dummies — explicitly admitted the debilitating syndrome’s “connection with vaccination remains controversial,” and fretted (for good reasons) that “Research in this area has the risk of being embroiled in debates about vaccinations.” You don’t say. They also did their best to assure skeptical types of readers that they weren’t trying to claim causation, or even reckon how common is the syndrome, saying: “This observational study of self-referred individuals cannot determine causality or provide estimates of the incidence and prevalence of PVS.”

The study involved 247 patients with post-vaccination syndrome over a one-year period (between May 2022 and June 2023). The subjects’ average age was 47. so about half were young people. I thought it was fascinating that the vast majority of participants were higher-income folks (although there could have been a selection bias from the way they found the participants):
image.png

The median time to symptom onset after vaccination was three days. So there’s your causality, unless you work at the CDC, in which case it proves nothing! The researchers excluded anybody diagnosed with ‘long covid’ or with any other pre-vaccine diagnosis that could produce similar symptoms.

Even though they denied trying to determine causality, the authors didn’t shy away from the causation discussion either, even including a long paragraph speculating about the potential mechanism(s) of injury:

PVS could be caused by several potential mechanisms, including a mechanism related to the vaccination or manufacturing process. It may represent a rare response to vaccines in susceptible individuals. Some investigators have concluded, based on their self-referred case series, that vaccines may cause immune system dysfunction. They focused on people with neuropathy after vaccination and could not identify other causes. In 2 of 5 participants, the cerebrospinal fluid had oligoclonal bands, and they found immune complexes in some skin biopsies. Nevertheless, the syndrome could be unrelated to the vaccination, occurring by chance during the vaccination period. However, the temporal relationship with clustering of symptom onset within the first 1–18 days from the index vaccine suggests a potential relationship. The possibility that the syndrome may be related to the vaccination has implications for future vaccine development and safety surveillance.

The most common PVS symptoms were exercise intolerance, excessive fatigue, numbness, brain fog, and neuropathy (misfiring nerves, like tingling and numbness in simple cases). People with this “syndrome” are also in a poor mental state, often reporting feeling anxious or depressed.

All the gaslighting from their doctors probably doesn’t help much, either.

The study’s participants each reported on average trying at least twenty different treatments, none of which worked. Astoundingly, in total, the 247 participants together tried over 200 different types of treatments — to no avail. The study’s dry, euphemistic conclusion was that people with Post-Vaccine Syndrome have “low health status,” and they suffer from a “high symptom burden:”

Conclusions: In this study, individuals who reported (Post-Vaccination Syndrome) PVS after covid-19 vaccination had low health status, high symptom burden, and high psychosocial stress despite trying many treatments. There is a need for continued investigation to understand and treat this condition.

Unlike previous generations of studies, this one didn’t emphasize the word ‘rare’ in any significant context related to the frequency of Post-Vaccine Syndrome. They did allow one sentence acknowledging that the pandemic vaccination campaign had a ‘clear net benefit’ — say the words! – but I enjoyed what I thought was an implied emphasis on the word ‘net’ to modify ‘benefit.’

In other words, most jabbed people haven’t gotten PVS or some other injury. So far.

This study reflects huge progress. Demonstrating both intelligence and political savvy, the authors skillfully tried to change the vocabulary around covid vaccine injuries to ease the discussion into polite company. It might work.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

Here's what I don't get...well...I DO get it, but it just still baffles me in our "free" society.

Some mysterious illness breaks out. Governments say you MUST take this experimental shot issued under "Emergency Use Authorization" that has NEVER been tested and has NOT undergone clinical trials, which would take YEARS to prove safety and effectiveness, but you MUST take it anyway. Even if against your will, which violates Nuremberg Code right there.

OK...90% of the population submits to this tyranny under threat of losing jobs, being barred from grocery stores, being prevented from attending religious services, being boarded up in their houses, etc., etc. Hell...might even be threatened with a train ride and "re-education camps" in the future.

My question...if the vaccine TRULY does what it purports to do, i.e., protect one from getting the vaccine infection or disease, then WHY...WHY...would I, the unvaccinated freedom fighter, be the one isolated if I don't take this miracle shot? Wouldn't those that submitted their body to this miracle injection be protected from ME?!? Aren't I the one (freely) putting myself in danger? Isn't that MY choice??

That has puzzled me from the get-go, but not really. My pops (COL, USA, Ret.) and I discussed the governmental control aspect of this maneuver on like day 4 of this idiocy.

JSMH...

Edited:
Stated incorrectly that the shot protects one from the vaccine. Should have said "infection or disease". But I'm sure y'all know what I meant...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
My question...if the vaccine TRULY does what it purports to do, i.e., protect one from getting the vaccine, then WHY...WHY...would I, the unvaccinated freedom fighter, be the one isolated if I don't take this miracle shot? Wouldn't those that submitted their body to this miracle injection be protected from ME?!? Aren't I the one (freely) putting myself in danger? Isn't that MY choice??

That has puzzled me from the get-go, but not really. My pops (COL, USA, Ret.) and I discussed the governmental control aspect of this maneuver on like day 4 of this idiocy.

I'm with you... and your pops (COL, USA, Ret.) knew the answer: It's all about seeing what they can get away with, how much of our freedom we are willing to surrender, so that it's easier to control us the next time.

But, we are chipping away at it:

Yesterday, Representative Kevin Kiley (R-Ca.) successfully passed an amendment that would ban toddler mask mandates in federal programs like Head Start.

https://twitter.com/KevinKiley...609251270688911?s=20

CLIP: Kevin Kiley passes toddler mask ban amendment over opposition (8:08).

Wacky, bright-blue-haired Representative Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) challenged the amendment. (She begins speaking around the 3:20 mark in the clip.) DeLauro cited “evidence-based science” and demanded “options” for “our scientists” to help protect everybody during pandemics. You can’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. She argued we should “follow the science,” not follow Republicans’ politics or worse, their religious beliefs. She allowed that we all endured “a traumatic experience during covid,” but “we were all trying to find our way forward.” Mistakes were made.

Representative Kiley smartly tore into DeLauro’s hand-waving about “evidence-based science,” demanding that she produce her evidence, or just cite a single study, noting that even the WHO recommended against toddler masking. Unsurprisingly, DeLauro couldn’t do any of that, and she let Kiley’s amendment pass without demanding a recorded vote.

It was terrific progress. Please don’t buy into the cynical complaint that Kiley’s amendment was too little. In online comments, hard-skeptics asked, why only toddlers? Why just masks?

The answer is: politics.

At one point, a majority — including most democrats and many republicans — favored mask mandates. That’s a hard fact that is easy to overlook these days. At the height of pandemic mania, over 50% of Americans wanted everyone breathing through spit collectors. So the path to killing masks is not straightforward. Sure, a dictator could ban masks with the stroke of a pen. But in a democratic republic, reversing course requires an incremental and consensus-building approach.

A toddler mask ban is the most easily-justified type of mask ban: toddlers need to see faces to learn language skills. Only bizarre blue-haired people try arguing with that logic. And after passing the first, most obvious mask ban, the ban can be incrementally expanded. The game is afoot. You just need a place to start.

The democrats have successfully used this incrementalist technique against conservatives for decades. It is how we will beat all jab mandates.

One line to a federal ban on vaccine mandates is drawn directly through mask mandate bans. Of the two, the mask mandate ban is the easier ban for most people to accept. And the logic supporting a ban on mask mandates is ultimately rooted in bodily integrity and personal freedom — just like for vaccines. The one leads to the other.

Think about it this way: back in 2020, when I was fighting mask mandates in court, the communitarian argument I most often faced was masking is not for the wearer, it’s to protect everyone else. I recognized even then, in the late summer of 2020, that the communitarian mask argument was also an argument for mandatory vaccines. The jab is not for the injected, it’s to protect everyone else. So once we beat mask mandates, the foundation will be laid for beating vaccine mandates.

Unlike some of the other proposed legislation in today’s update, the federal toddler mask ban has a good chance of passing. Let’s take the W.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...e-wednesday-november

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Covid lockdowns were NO more effective than Swedish-style softer approach, major Oxford University-backed study suggests

The article headline:

Tell us something we don't know! COVID lockdowns were NO more effective than Swedish-style softer approach, major Oxford University-backed study suggests.”

Covid lockdowns were no more effective at controlling the pandemic than letting people adapt their own behaviour to the threat, a major Oxford University-backed study suggests.

Researchers modelled virus death and unemployment rates in response to different pandemic policies.

Results showed imposing blanket shutdowns, which forced people to stay home and closed essential shops, squashed fatality rates for the virus.

However, leaving people to adapt their own behaviour — similar to the controversial approach used in Sweden — was just as effective, data revealed.

Experts concluded that both policies led to 'similar trade-offs' for people's health and the economy, with both approaches triggering huge job losses.

-More at link

Posts: 2968 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
My question...if the vaccine TRULY does what it purports to do, i.e., protect one from getting the vaccine, then WHY...WHY...would I, the unvaccinated freedom fighter, be the one isolated if I don't take this miracle shot? Wouldn't those that submitted their body to this miracle injection be protected from ME?!? Aren't I the one (freely) putting myself in danger? Isn't that MY choice??

I've had this as a discussion with my mother and step-father, both retired physicians. I've also had the debate with non-informed zealots.

What it comes down to is the now-discredited concept of Herd Immunity, at least in regards to viruses like C19, influenza, the cold, etc. Admittedly, no vaccine is 100% effective, but according to the theory the pathogen can be effectively eradicated if enough people have immunity.

Right, we all know that theory. The medical establishment believes it, and will cite Polio as one example despite good evidence the vaccine had little to do with it. Docs like my mom and step-dad are deeply convinced of the miracle of vaccines.

Where it goes off the rails though is related your point of it being your free choice whether or not to accept the risks to yourself for the benefit of The Collective. And, I've run into the exact same mindset regarding gun control.

The belief is that "The Collective" has more right to safety than you individually do. Your gun, your refusal to get jabbed directly threatens "The Collective" in a statistical way and is unacceptable.

The funny thing is these zealots are deeply fearful personally of your gun or your un-jabbed status. They aren't worried about their neighbor, they're worried about themselves. If the presumed risk to you is small, they are happy to force you to accept those risks in order to reduce their presumed risks! Hypocrites.

I'm sure you were raised with what were seemingly obvious concepts. Personal liberties shall not be taken away unless and until a person is found guilty of something serious. It is better for guilty people to go free than for one innocent person to go to jail. We tolerate unpleasant speech from others in order to ensure our own speech remains free.

A growing portion of the population didn't learn those lessons.

Posts: 9595 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Article Link

Senator Ron Johnson Presents the Most Censored Chart in Congressional History

“The VAERS system on the COVID vaccines alone — 1.6 million adverse events.”

By The Vigilant Fox

On January 25, 2022, Senator Ron Johnson (WI - R) held the world-famous “Second Opinion” panel with top experts in the medical field. During that hearing, he presented a chart comparing adverse events of different medical products, like ivermectin, Remdesivir, and the COVID-19 vaccines.

After doing so, Senator Johnson’s chart was whitewashed from the internet, with YouTube, Facebook, Twitter (1.0), TikTok, and other major social media platforms choosing to remove video clips from this presentation.
<snip>

And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the VAERS data is way, way, WAY understated/under reported...

posted Hide Post
The Army is Begging Unvaccinated Soldiers to Return

Army forced to reverse course, as people refuse to enlist

https://www.igor-chudov.com/p/...ftr&utm_medium=email

Just two years ago, in a shameful campaign, the Pentagon was gleefully discharging soldiers who refused to take Covid vaccines.

More at link

Posts: 12863 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Stupid motherfuckers.

Tell ya what, General Rampy. Go to the main gate of the Pentagon at noon tomorrow, get on your knees and beg.

Posts: 108289 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well, at least there's 'Hope'...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9132 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Says it ALL right here. What a pack of jackasses!!! Who in their right mind would even WANT to go back to the woke BS found in our military now??

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Covid is not as bad as a severe case of flu. At least not for my wife and I right now. My wife got Covid a few days ago. I tested positive twice yesterday. I had a headache and a scratch at the back of my throat that I not so affectionately call the Covid tickle.

This shit made me miss my first day of work at a new job. Mad Mad Mad

I’ve had a BAD headache, some soreness everywhere and chills but it’s really been mild. It has taken my energy like a mofo. In the past two days I’ve spent an unbelievably long time laying down with absolutely zero energy.

Missing my first day of work because of this stupid shit is not how I wanted to start. I can’t begin to tell you guys how frustrating this is. It makes me look bad and is not a good way to start a new job. Frown

Thank you so much China! Mad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21181 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Speaking of House Committees, and of the terrific new members on the Republican bench (like Louisiana’s Mike Johnson), remember the standout new Republican congressman from California, Kevin Kiley? Representative Kiley has been doing some great work, including spearheading an investigation into that bizarre secret Chinese bio-lab.

As a result of that investigation, this week the Select Committee on the CCP released a pretty shocking report (40 pages).
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi...3dokcpwdbyyi6l7&dl=0

Remember this story? A code inspector investigated what looked like an abandoned warehouse improperly using a water hose, and found a filthy but very active bio-lab packed with thousands of infectious sample vials and tons of humanized test mice. An international Chinese fugitive, Jiabei "Jesse" Zhu, using the American alias of David He, and two sketchy Korean nationals have been indicted (but have fled). I’ve reported on this story several times.

It’s impossible to exaggerate the facts, which would make for a great Michael Crichton novel. If you had to choose one Congressional report to read this decade, this one is would probably be the one to pick. Here’s how the Committee’s riveting bio-lab report begins:

In December 2022, Code Enforcement Officer Jesalyn Harper noticed a green garden hose sticking out of a hole drilled into the side of a warehouse located at 850 I Street, right in the heart of Reedley, California. Reedley is a rural town of 26,000 residents. The hose was a clear violation of Reedley’s building code in a building known to be vacant for over a decade. She walked around to the front of the warehouse and knocked on the door. Officer Harper showed her badge and asked to enter the site.
Upon entering, Officer Harper found a vast warehouse filled with laboratory equipment, manufacturing devices, and what appeared to be medical-grade freezers. She observed several individuals who identified themselves as PRC nationals wearing white lab coats, glasses, masks, and latex gloves working inside. As she stepped further into the warehouse, she noticed that some of the freezers and containment units had glass doors. Inside, she saw thousands of vials of biological substances. Many were unlabeled. Others were labeled in a foreign language later identified as Mandarin. Others still were labeled in some kind of code. A few of the vials, however, had labels in English. Some of these labels listed substances that Officer Harper at the time did not recognize. She did, however, recognize the names listed on several labels, such as HIV.
Officer Harper continued down the hallways of freezers and laboratory equipment to find the source of the green garden hose. What she found was a makeshift storage room emanating a foul odor. Inside were approximately 1,000 laboratory mice in crowded conditions. Officer Harper would later learn that these were transgenic mice, specifically genetically modified and bred to simulate the human immune system for the purpose of laboratory experimentation. On future inspections, she also saw that the mice were unwell and abused, with fraying hair, rashes, and distended bellies.
Officer Harper knew that this warehouse was not licensed or permitted for any laboratory functions. She also knew that there were over a half-dozen other building code violations that she spotted in her brief walk inside the building. What Officer Harper did not know, however, was that her investigation of this green garden hose would uncover a laboratory filled with thousands of vials containing pathogens and other unknown biological and chemical substances.
A subsequent investigation revealed that the laboratory was operated by a wanted fugitive from Canada, who is a PRC citizen. The said fugitive had previously stolen millions of dollars of intellectual property from American companies and was part of an ongoing transnational criminal enterprise with ties to the PRC for which he was ultimately charged in federal court.

image 5.png

The House Committee’s report revealed some shocking new information. First, we learned that courageous code inspector Harper tried over and over to get the CDC to investigate, but the CDC refused to investigate. Federal health officials even hung-up on persistent Officer Harper multiple times. Only after the local Congressman got involved did the CDC finally agree to inspect the warehouse — and it found "at least 20 potentially infectious agents, including HIV, Tuberculosis, and the deadliest known form of Malaria."
image 4.png

But — and this is critical — for some inexplicable and unexplained reason, the CDC did not test any of the samples — even the ones with unknown contents or with coded labels. Later, local officials discovered a freezer labeled ‘Ebola’ — Ebola! — but still the useless CDC has refused to follow up.

Local officials also discovered bags labeled cocaine, methamphetamine, ecstasy (MDMA), and THC. Not quite doing justice to the case, the Committee succinctly described the CDC’s disinterest in the lab as being “baffling.” I could think of some stronger but still accurate words. “Treasonous” comes to mind.

The CDC and the Corporate Media have gullibly accepted the cover story and still describe the lab’s purpose as “creating Covid-19 test kits.” And, in fact, the lab received hundreds of thousands, if not millions, in grants from the State of California to create covid test kits. But the Select Committee’s investigators found the lab workers were actually just buying cheap “counterfeit” covid tests from China and repackaging them in the warehouse. They didn’t actually create anything. Not test kits, at least.

The report explained there was a "lack of apparent legitimate (or even profit-motivated criminal) motive in the operation of the illegal facility." So the lab’s real purpose remains unknown.

But it gets even murkier. The Select Committee discovered that Jesse Zhu/David He, the lab’s criminal operator, was "receiving unexplained payments via wire transfer" from Chinese banks. In large, round numbers.
image 6.png

The report ended with a pretty scathing condemnation of the CDC. The first couple paragraphs set the tone (and it got even better as the drafters warmed to their theme) :

The CDC's response was inadequate and raises serious questions about its standard practices. It is unacceptable that the CDC, according to accounts of local officials, refused to take a phone call from city and county officials concerned about a biolab found in their region. Even if the CDC normally works through state agencies, it could have given the necessary contact information to local officials. It should not require a Member of Congress - in this case, Congressman Jim Costa - to personally call the CDC or any other federal agency for them to provide meaningful support.
The CDC's refusal to test any samples is likewise baffling. The CDC observed in its own reporting that "[thousands of vials had unclear labeling, coded labeling, or no identifications," that biohazard signs were around many of these unlabeled vials, and that the labeled vials included Risk Group 2 and 3 pathogens. Despite the probability that the unlabeled or coded vials contained additional unknown and dangerous pathogens, CDC officials refused to take any further investigative steps. The fact that they seemingly took the word of biolab operators and noted fraudsters and concluded that the named labels are wholly correct is also strange. It is entirely within the realm of probability that the vials of Toxoplasmi gondii, for instance, were filled with an entirely different and potentially far more dangerous pathogen. Because of this, the Select Committee - and, more importantly, the American people - can never resolve what pathogens Zhu and the Reedley Biolab possessed.

The CDC’s wholesale disinterest in this filthy, super-sketchy bio-lab almost makes you think the CDC’s real purpose is something different from protecting the American public’s health, safety, and welfare. Almost as if the CDC has been captured and repurposed, or something.

But, captured by whom?

We expect the Chinese to be doing stuff like this. But not the CDC, to whom we have given our trust and treasure. Between the two, which is the greater enemy?

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

-rduckwor