SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Parents really need to speak up and protect their children here. That is just plain cruel.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Those N95's are not easy to breathe through for any length of time, that's just plain cruelty at this point. My kids would be withdrawn so fast, their heads would spin.

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Those N95's are not easy to breathe through for any length of time, that's just plain cruelty at this point. My kids would be withdrawn so fast, their heads would spin.

Yep.
Two words: Home school.
If this country is ever going to turn around it has to start with parents taking responsibility for educating their own children.
Turning children over to the government isn't working and is leading us down the path of national destruction.

Having said that... I know not everyone is capable of home schooling. BUT everyone is responsible for their own children. If you can't home school, and wish to hire help, make sure the teacher/school are accountable to you as a parent rather than to the government.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Parents really need to speak up and protect their children here

That would involve them showing up to school board meetings, and then showing up during elections to vote out those who participate in this nonsense.

I don't see either of those happening anytime soon.

In our district of 1,800 students we get about 3 parents that show up to board meetings. In a neighboring district with almost 18,000 students they get about 20 parents. It's not uncommon to see other area board meetings with zero parents.

Everybody likes to complain, but it seems anything beyond that is too inconvenient.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15856 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I bit the bullet and decided to homeschool almost on a whim, it was going to be just a spring semester when the kids were in 3rd grade and 1st grade. We figured we couldn't break them in 4 months how bad could it go?

Now they are in 10th and 8th, we never looked back, I could not be happier with that decision.

It's not easy to do, there are hurdles to overcome. There is still govt. red tape to deal with but my kids are mine. Their education is my responsibility, mine (and Mrs. Timdogg).

We kind of figured it out this way. For high school 8 semesters in 4 years. If you get one good, really great teacher every other year, you still get like 13 bad ones. Can you be better than the 13?

I think most parents can. Also remember, your student only get 1/15th of the attention of the teacher. So in a 15 week, semester your student gets one week of instruction. And one week of instruction is really only 5 hours. That's really it. The rest is book work that all kids get.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5180 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My wife homeschools our two boys, one now in 1st grade and the other in 4th grade and is virulently anti-mask. We did not mask our children even once when the pandemic was going and I'd love to see her take on this idiot principal who thinks restricting oxygen to young brains is a good idea all due to 3 kids getting a friggen' cold. Roll Eyes

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of grandstanding "look at me" horse shit. Man up, Nancy! Ridiculous:

Widddle Howie Stern is scared of the fake new COVID!!

That's just so freakin' weird. What a goofball Roll Eyes

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stern admits he is neurotic. I agree. And he lost any shred of relevancy he ever had years ago. Time to fade away, Howard!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16389 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Man, did that guy ever turn into one of the biggest pussies on the planet. My goodness.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Former Fox News host and journalist Megyn Kelly, 52, appeared in an interview clip making the rounds yesterday. In the clip, Megyn disclosed a tragic new vaccine injury diagnosis, and admits she regrets taking the shots. Video at the link.
image.png

https://twitter.com/TheChiefNe.../1699537816558919834

Megyn explained her new autoimmune injury was confirmed by her doctor:

“I regret getting the vaccine…because I don’t think I would’ve needed it… And then, for the first time, I tested positive for an autoimmune issue at my annual physical. And I went to the best Rheumatologist in New York, and I asked her, do you think this could have to do with the fact that got the damn booster and then got COVID within three weeks?”

And she said yes. Yes! I wasn't the only one she'd seen that with.”

For additional context, Megyn’s older sister died eleven months ago after her heart suddenly and unexpectedly attacked her.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Just a coincidence, or more of the push towards vaccinations/boosters vs. efficacious treatment, not unlike ivermectin?

It seems that the USDA has changed its recommendations regarding canning elderberries. These have known antiviral properties and have been used to treat illnesses since the time of Hippocrates, and safely home canned since the early 1800s.

I'm in the midst of canning up a bumper crop of elderberry juice this year and was looking something up yesterday when I came across this gem:

" WITHDRAWN RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE USDA COMPLETE GUIDE 2015
The directions for home-canning elderberries on page 2-10 has been withdrawn because researchers have since learned that low-acid varieties of elderberries have become available, and the USDA does not currently have a process to recommend to handle that situation or how the average consumer can easily tell if they have a high or low acid elderberry. Freeze them instead.

So, people have been safely canning elderberries for 200 years and just when Covid hits you "discover" that it's a lower acid food that can't be safely canned...even pressure canned?

RRRRRRIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHTTT.

Commie SOBs.

https://www.healthycanning.com...-guide-home-canning/

Posts: 20581 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The next time the traitor in chief starts his “get the vaccine” speeches, I truly hope his base steps up with resounding “NO!”’s response instead of attacking and denigrating those of us that were smart enough not to trust this flawed science, or serious lack thereof.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15805 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The next time the traitor in chief starts his “get the vaccine” speeches, I truly hope his base steps up with resounding “NO!”’s

NOT gonna happen. His "base" are sheep. They'll be in line for the boosters.

-rduckwor

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
These assholes are shameless. Who the hell do they think they're kidding?

The New York Times
How COVID Affects the Heart

During the first two years of the pandemic, from March 2020 to March 2022, there were approximately 90,000 more deaths in the United States attributed to cardiovascular disease than were expected for that span of time.

The majority of these occurred in people 65 and older — the age group with the highest risk for cardiovascular complications. But heart-related deaths also increased dramatically in younger adults. In fact, a study found that the sharpest rise in deaths from heart attack during that period occurred in 25- to 44-year-olds.

Some of these cardiovascular-related fatalities may have happened because it was harder to access medical care during the height of the pandemic. But physicians and researchers now have little doubt that COVID-19 itself was a factor. In addition to the complications that can occur during the acute phase of a COVID infection, there appears to be an increased risk of heart attacks, strokes and other problems up to a year after an infection. Experts are now trying to understand why.

“There’s a very unique connection between this virus and the cardiovascular system,” said Dr. Susan Cheng, the chair of cardiovascular health and population science at Cedars-Sinai, who led the study on heart attack deaths. “What is that connection? That’s the million-dollar question.” I can help you out there, genius.

How COVID can immediately affect the heart

Cardiologists’ leading theory for how COVID damages the heart and causes cardiovascular events is that it stimulates widespread inflammation.

“We know that inflammation itself increases our cardiovascular risk,” said Dr. Luke Laffin, a cardiologist and co-director of the Center for Blood Pressure Disorders at the Cleveland Clinic. “We know that infectious diseases, particularly severe COVID-19 infections, lead to inflammation. So could that be the mechanism by which there’s increased risk? Maybe.”

Part of the immune system’s response to infection or injury is to release proteins that cause inflammation and blood clotting. For people who have plaque built up in their arteries, the inflammation can cause that plaque to break apart, creating a blood clot and causing a heart attack or stroke. Because of this, experts say that people who already have plaque in their arteries — like many smokers and those with high blood pressure and cholesterol — also have the greatest risk of a COVID-induced heart attack.

In some cases, those proteins can cause a clot to form even without preexisting plaque...

You can read the rest of this pile of horseshit at the link if you care to.

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-a...heart-120521925.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
CDC Director says people who aren’t up to date on boosters or people who are unvaccinated should get the vaccine for the old variants now, but it might delay the ability to get the new one that’s coming in mid-September.

Try to make this make sense.

https://twitter.com/TexasLinds...ack&utm_medium=email

-rduckwor

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ain't never had one, ain't never gonna get one.

Boost this

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
CDC Director says people who aren’t up to date on boosters or people who are unvaccinated should get the vaccine for the old variants now, but it might delay the ability to get the new one that’s coming in mid-September.

Try to make this make sense.

https://twitter.com/TexasLinds...ack&utm_medium=email

If by delay they mean NEVER, then that's an accurate statement!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I love how the terminology has now morphed to being "up-to-date", like they're referring to a childhood vaccinations or something you get from a veterinarian, permanent part of health protocol and lexicon.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was texting with someone I’ve been friends with since 3rd grade (37 years now). His mom and dad were like a second mom and dad to me. He said his mom may have accelerated Alzheimer’s Disease. Of course, there is speculation out there that this is a side effect of the COVID vaccine. She’s not even 70 and has gone downhill fast over the last year. Another friend saw her recently and she didn’t know who he was. So sad and what’s worse is these fuckers will never pay for what they put on us. I’m so thankful I did not get the shot and kept my wife and kids from getting it. I took a lot of heat from some more liberal family members for that stance. Guess this 45 year old pharmacist still knows what he’s talking about.

Posts: 2169 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
You should know more than many/most of us, Erick!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39263 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post