SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Republican Majority Leader Representative Steve Scalise (R-La.), who a few years ago survived an assassination attempt by a woke liberal terrorist, announced Tuesday he's been diagnosed with a very rare type of blood cancer.

Coincidentally, Steve got and promoted the vaccines, often calling them safe and effective.

Representative Scalise made the announcement Tuesday on Twitter.

Multiple Myeloma is a type of blood cancer affecting bone marrow plasma cells, a crucial part of the immune system that produce antibodies to help the body fight off infections. In multiple myeloma, abnormal plasma cells start multiplying uncontrollably and build up in the bone marrow. This produces a plethora of other problems, including a weakened immune system, bone damage, kidney injury, and anemia.

The cause of multiple myeloma isn't fully understood. It’s baffling.

If caught early enough, the normal prognosis can be relatively good, after treatment with chemotherapy, stem cell transplants, and developing therapeutics.

We pray for Representative Scalise’s full and speedy recovery.

Oddly, Scalise’s multiple myeloma sits at the nexus of many well-known vaccine-related injuries: blood problems, cancer, and immune suppression. But it’s probably just a coincidence. Right?

But anyway, don’t worry! Hopefully Steve will benefit from Pfizer’s brand-new multiple myeloma drug.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Dore is described as a “progressive” comedian and political commentator. He rips the late night tv show hosts because “they shamed dissent and skepticism” with respect to the monolithic pronouncements from the administration, CDC and NIH, and Pharma. They effectively became “the Nazis” especially with respect to the drug Ivermectin, and you probably know the story. A bit less than 15 minutes and worthwhile.

Posts: 13311 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As someone posts down in the comments of this Twitter thread, people like this are not bothered by you not wearing a mask (if you look closely, his fellow employee pulls his own mask down); they are bothered by your disobedience to the system.

https://twitter.com/kevinnbass.../1697356337360056720

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107771 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In that video, if the customer had been armed would it have been a justifiable self-defense shooting by the law?

I don't have the physical ability to win, or even draw, in situation like that so I know what I would have to do to survive. Wondering if survival would mean going to prison.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
In that video, if the customer had been armed would it have been a justifiable self-defense shooting by the law?

I don't have the physical ability to win, or even draw, in situation like that so I know what I would have to do to survive. Wondering if survival would mean going to prison.

I'm going to say "maybe", because we don't see what happened prior to the footage. If the customer first assaulted store staff, and continued to do so up until the video began, then no it would not be a shooting I would want to have to justify. But if, as it appears, multiple healthy young male store staff physically assaulted the customer, and then threatened him with a baseball bat, then yes it could be justifiable. The customer's behavior inside the store would be key to what is justified.

The issue of Duty to Retreat should be considered, depending on local laws. Avoiding or leaving the confrontation in the first place is smart, regardless of legalities.

I consider the threat as we see just isolated in that video to justify use of lethal force self defense. I'm 62 and would be quickly knocked down by the young man who rushes out of the store and punches the customer. So, for me, there would be a real threat of immediate grave bodily harm or death.

I have not watched the video a second time or in slow motion, which a jury would do.

Posts: 9483 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The clip is two years old, so it may be possible to perform a search and find out what, if anything, happened to the employee as a result of this.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm 62 and would be quickly knocked down by the young man who rushes out of the store and punches the customer. So, for me, there would be a real threat of immediate grave bodily harm or death.

I feel as though there might be some missing footage or context. It seems folly to assume this mask enforcer treated every mask less potential customer with this amount of zeal.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maine Hospital That Fired Unvaccinated Nurses Over Governor Mills’ Mandate Is Begging Them to Return Two Years Later

https://www.themainewire.com/2...urn-two-years-later/

Posts: 12755 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I would sing them that song I just learned from another thread...

"I went shopping for some fucks to give and the store was all sold out."

Or something like that...

You reap what you sow, BITCHES!!!! Do the letters "F" "O" mean anything?? Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laid Low by the COVID Vaccine, Now They've Got a Bad Case of Federal Unresponsiveness

https://www.realclearinvestiga...aredness_943284.html

In April 2021, Adele Fox received a single shot of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Within a few hours, the 60-year-old resident of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, started feeling shooting pains in her legs, arms, and neck. The pain didn’t abate over the next few days. Instead, it got worse and was accompanied by nausea and debilitating fatigue.

Within a few weeks, neurologists affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital diagnosed her with several serious conditions they say were a result of her COVID-19 vaccine, including small-fiber neuropathy (which causes a painful tingling in the extremities) and Sjögren’s Syndrome (which leaves patients pained and fatigued, and in extreme cases, can damage internal organs).

This shot, which was supposed to get Fox back to normal, instead left her with diminished ability to work and enjoy life. Persistent physical therapy and experimental treatments she’s taken since have done little to alleviate her symptoms.

“I used to do so much, and now it’s a struggle,” she says. “Sometimes you just get down.”

With her medical bills mounting and her condition not improving, Fox sought compensation for her damaged health. Federal liability protections prevent the vaccine-injured from directly suing vaccine manufacturers like Johnson & Johnson. Instead, claimants have to go to the federal government for compensation.

But as Fox would soon learn, the government has two starkly different injury programs for vaccines. One operates like a civil court with a neutral judge, lawyers on both sides, and a guaranteed right of appeal. In recent decades, it has approved about 75% of claims and pays out hundreds of millions of dollars per year.

The other, which handles COVID-19 vaccines, has rejected almost every claim brought to it, awarding less than $10,000 since the pandemic. And in a nation nearly numb to the pandemic's toll and its scandals, the program is adding seething frustration atop lasting injury to Fox and people like her in a little reported aftermath to the government’s much criticized performance on vaccines – ranging from erratic booster advice to broad-brush vaccine mandates that cost people their jobs.

Fox filed her claim two years ago, submitting hundreds of pages of medical documents about her condition and diagnoses. She’s nevertheless one of the 10,887 people still waiting on a decision. “You’re not even hearing anything from the organization that’s supposed be helping you,” she says. “The phone keeps ringing, no one is emailing, nobody is doing anything.”

The federal agency overseeing the program, the Health Resources and Services Administration, said in a statement to RealClearInvestigations that the current number of claims “significantly exceeds the previous volume in the program” and that the program has “hired additional staff to address this growth in claims, and the President’s budget requests additional funding to support the additional staffing needed to process claims.”

Tale of Two Compensation Programs
The government’s two contrasting vaccine compensation programs are similarly named and thus easily confused. The first, Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) was created in the 1980s and covers most routine vaccines. The second, the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP), is a result of war-on-terror legislation in 2005 and now covers COVID-19 vaccines. Their bureaucratic differences help explain why a nation that has spent trillions of dollars on COVID relief programs has provided almost no assistance to people harmed by the vaccines that the government encouraged, and sometimes required, them to take.

The earlier program was supposed to shore up pharmaceutical companies’ willingness to make childhood vaccines in the face of persistent vaccine injury lawsuits, while also giving the vaccine-injured a fair and expedited process for compensation.

The vaccine-injured would not sue pharmaceutical companies. Instead, they’d petition the government in Federal Claims Court, where special masters (judges) would decide cases. Compensation came from a government-administered trust fund paid for by excise taxes levied on vaccine manufacturers.

Between 2006 and 2021, this court adjudicated cases from 10,602 petitioners and issued compensation to 7,618 of them. The compensation trust fund sits at $4 billion and pays out about $200 million in compensation and attorneys’ fees each year.

This earlier program bears little resemblance to the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program, where the COVID-vaccine cases of Fox and many others are languishing.

It was meant to incentivize pharmaceutical companies to be part of the federal response to one-off, one-in-a-million events like a bioweapon attack or an outbreak of a deadly pandemic. Although almost one billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in the United States, and health authorities say boosters could become as common as the annual flu shot, it remains the only way people harmed by the shot can receive compensation.

It's far from guaranteed they’ll get it.

Before the pandemic, this program received a little over 500 claims and had paid out compensation to only 30 people – mostly for H1N1 (swine flu) vaccine injuries. In just the past two years, it has been asked to make decisions on over 10,000 injury claims related to COVID countermeasures.

As of June, it made decisions on just 919 of these COVID-related claims and rejected 894 of them. It has so far paid out only $8,593 in compensation to just four people who were injured by a COVID vaccine. The program has deemed another 20 people eligible for compensation, but has yet to pay them.

It’s not a judicial process either. Rather, it’s an administrative process overseen by Health Resources and Services Administration, which is housed within Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). People file a claim and government medical reviewers decide whether to pay out or not. That’s an awkward arrangement, given that HHS is deciding whether to pay for damages caused by products it approved and in some cases mandated.

Because it’s an administrative process, there’s no right to counsel and no neutral arbitrator. A denied claimant can file for reconsideration with HRSA, but otherwise has no right to appeal.

(Long article) Rest at link.

Posts: 12755 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’m actually surprised at this and it’s more indication that people are done with masking and never going back. What surprises me even more is I thought Smerconish was a Fauchi loving bootlicker:

https://x.com/bucksexton/statu...365442543305001?s=46

Posts: 33902 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not a little, not slight - Zero

I have maintained this from the get-go. I'm reminded of the time I was standing in line at the grocery store behind a commie Karen who was wearing gloves, mask, and a face shield. It was fire season here at the time and she made a comment to the checkout girl about how bad the smoke smelled. I, somewhat being an asshole and somewhat wanting this to be a teaching moment, told her that if she could smell the smoke, well....

With a normal and rational person, one might expect a light bulb to go off. With her? She screamed at me for not wearing a mask and putting everyone at risk. Roll Eyes

Our little grocery store, by the way, STILL has the plexiglass shields up at the checkout stands. Not too surprising, though, given that it's owned by commies.

Posts: 20138 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
With her medical bills mounting and her condition not improving, Fox sought compensation for her damaged health. Federal liability protections prevent the vaccine-injured from directly suing vaccine manufacturers like Johnson & Johnson. Instead, claimants have to go to the federal government for compensation .......

The other, which handles COVID-19 vaccines, has rejected almost every claim brought to it, awarding less than $10,000 since the pandemic. And in a nation nearly numb to the pandemic's toll and its scandals, the program is adding seething frustration atop lasting injury to Fox and people like her in a little reported aftermath to the government’s much criticized performance on vaccines – ranging from erratic booster advice to broad-brush vaccine mandates that cost people their jobs.

I called this from the beginning and posted it ealier in this thread. BS!

We (taxpayers) shouldn't be paying a single cent. Sorry you were injured, but that was the deal and you knew it.

I knew they'd be coming for money and they need to be told too bad, so sad. Figure it out on your own. You rolled the dice. You took your chances. You knew it was experimental.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15737 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I’m actually surprised at this and it’s more indication that people are done with masking and never going back. What surprises me even more is I thought Smerconish was a Fauchi loving bootlicker:

https://x.com/bucksexton/statu...365442543305001?s=46

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1698365442543305001" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 624px; display: block; border: medium; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.azurewebsites.net/embeds/bgmessage.png'); background-position: center 20px; background-size: 300px auto; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I watched that and couldn’t believe it. Basically, he says at the end, that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He's incapable of admitting that he's wrong. Even if he had an impulse to do so, he knows that if he admitted this huge (and that is no exaggeration) mistake, he would never hear the end of the hoots and cat calls.

Never gonna happen

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Mask nazis don’t social distance.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29736 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Not a little, not slight - Zero

I have maintained this from the get-go. I'm reminded of the time I was standing in line at the grocery store behind a commie Karen who was wearing gloves, mask, and a face shield. It was fire season here at the time and she made a comment to the checkout girl about how bad the smoke smelled. I, somewhat being an asshole and somewhat wanting this to be a teaching moment, told her that if she could smell the smoke, well....

With a normal and rational person, one might expect a light bulb to go off. With her? She screamed at me for not wearing a mask and putting everyone at risk. Roll Eyes

Our little grocery store, by the way, STILL has the plexiglass shields up at the checkout stands. Not too surprising, though, given that it's owned by commies.

I remember back sometime in 2021 waiting in line at a gas station to get a receipt from pumping gas, a woman comes into the store yelling and screaming at everyone for several minutes. Your going to kill everyone how could you not be wearing masks. You should all go to jail and so on.
If it was not so funny it would be sad, and it was.
Everyone looked surprised while she was yelling, and as soon as she left everyone went back to doing what they were doing before she came in.
Next time I went to that gas station all the employees were wearing masks but they were down on their chins. Not a single customer was wearing a mask.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2579 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Federal liability protections prevent the vaccine-injured from directly suing vaccine manufacturers like Johnson & Johnson. Instead, claimants have to go to the federal government for compensation .......

I called this from the beginning and posted it ealier in this thread. BS!
We (taxpayers) shouldn't be paying a single cent. Sorry you were injured, but that was the deal and you knew it.
I knew they'd be coming for money and they need to be told too bad, so sad. Figure it out on your own. You rolled the dice. You took your chances. You knew it was experimental.

Ordinarily, I would agree with this sentiment.
However, in light of the fact that government forced or coerced people to take these shots AND given the fact that government exempts manufacturers from liability for these shots, I do think the government should bear some responsibility OR at least lift the liability shield.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
However, in light of the fact that government forced or coerced people to take these shots AND given the fact that government exempts manufacturers from liability for these shots, I do think the government should bear some responsibility OR at least lift the liability shield.

No.
The "government" should not have liability.
The officials who made the decisions to mandate should have liability.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1545 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

No.
The "government" should not have liability.
The officials who made the decisions to mandate should have liability.

This right here. Start by taking every red cent Tony Fauci has, selling his house, etc. That can be the start of the fund to compensate victims.

Posts: 6927 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post