SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fauci Pillow
Picture of Fauci Pillow
posted Hide Post

Fauci Pillow

Posts: 9 | Location: Couch | Registered: March 25, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The lancet, arguably one of the most premier medical information sources on the planet has completed a rather large study that shows unequivocally that prior infection has a very high rate of not only reinfection protection (something the “vaccines” seemed to have an inverse reaction, that being making people MORE susceptible to reinfection), but also vastly reduced severe symptoms for all known variants. You know, the only crutch “vaccine” proponents have been frantically trying to assign to the “vaccines” themselves.

“I’m so glad I poisoned myself so that even though I get Covid more frequently than unvaccinated people, the symptoms are a lot less severe”. Sound familiar? The Lancet study makes it clear that prior infection alone trumps the whole reason the “vaccines” were touted in the first place.

https://www.thelancet.com/jour...(22)02465-5/fulltext

Here is a short post from the findings. More in the article:

Findings

We identified a total of 65 studies from 19 different countries. Our meta-analyses showed that protection from past infection and any symptomatic disease was high for ancestral, alpha, beta, and delta variants, but was substantially lower for the omicron BA.1 variant. Pooled effectiveness against re-infection by the omicron BA.1 variant was 45·3% (95% uncertainty interval [UI] 17·3–76·1) and 44·0% (26·5–65·0) against omicron BA.1 symptomatic disease. Mean pooled effectiveness was greater than 78% against severe disease (hospitalisation and death) for all variants, including omicron BA.1. Protection from re-infection from ancestral, alpha, and delta variants declined over time but remained at 78·6% (49·8–93·6) at 40 weeks. Protection against re-infection by the omicron BA.1 variant declined more rapidly and was estimated at 36·1% (24·4–51·3) at 40 weeks. On the other hand, protection against severe disease remained high for all variants, with 90·2% (69·7–97·5) for ancestral, alpha, and delta variants, and 88·9% (84·7–90·9) for omicron BA.1 at 40 weeks.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15805 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Lancet study makes it clear that prior infection alone trumps the whole reason the “vaccines” were touted in the first place.

I'm glad they printed it... and haven't retracted it. BMC Infectious Diseases would have retracted it at the request of their Pharma paymasters. These journals only exist to help sell the product. Pharma is the product.

It's time to hold the medical journals accountable
Scientific integrity has been compromised by the medical journals, but they have been getting away with it. This needs to stop now. Here's how you can help hold them accountable with a single email.

This is Adrian Gonzalez-Lopez, Editor of BMC Infectious Diseases:

He decided to retract the Skidmore paper for reasons that do not satisfy the COPE criteria. All of his concerns could have been addressed by amending the paper. Retraction was unwarranted.

For example, one doctor wrote me:

Ok. I read through everything. Impressions are:

Skidmore is a very good author; he did a very good job writing the paper and dealing with all the potential issues/challenges that could come up when he wrote it. His language was very careful and spot on for what he was trying to do.

The reasons they are citing for the retraction are nonsensical and by that logic you could never publish a paper based on survey results.

The journal made the decision to ax the paper and weren't interested in any argument to the contrary.

Grounds for retraction

When papers are retracted post-publication, it is usually because of very serious errors like it was found that they fabricated the data. For example, the Surgisphere paper.

The COPE guidelines for retraction are described in detail in this article:

They have clear evidence that the findings are unreliable, either as a result of major error (eg, miscalculation or experimental error), or as a result of fabrication (eg, of data) or falsification (eg, image manipulation)

It constitutes plagiarism

The findings have previously been published elsewhere without proper attribution to previous sources or disclosure to the editor, permission to republish, or justification (ie, cases of redundant publication)

It contains material or data without authorisation for use

Copyright has been infringed or there is some other serious legal issue (eg, libel, privacy)

It reports unethical research

It has been published solely on the basis of a compromised or manipulated peer review process

The author(s) failed to disclose a major competing interest (a.k.a. conflict of interest) that, in the view of the editor, would have unduly affected interpretations of the work or recommendations by editors and peer reviewers.

Do any of these apply to the Skidmore paper? No. Not a single one.

In fact, Skidmore’s result was similar to data found by other researchers which puts to bed the first concern and the others aren’t even close to valid.

Which leads us to the inevitable conclusion that the paper was retracted unethically.

Was the Editor willing to discuss the retraction decision and answer questions? No.

Will the Editor reveal who objected to the paper and which of these items they cited? No, they keep that a secret!

They are skating on thin ice and their unwillingness to address any of the issues does not inspire any confidence.

https://stevekirsch.substack.c...the-medical-journals

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Hoo boy! I just walked in to my doctor’s waiting room, and no mask required. First time in forever.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9452 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Now that Biden has signed the bill ending the 'emergency', I wonder how long before (legitimate) unvaccinated travelers can enter the US.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
It is a pure abomination what President Pudding Cup has done to and how he has treated Novak Djokovic… Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Now that Biden has signed the bill ending the 'emergency', I wonder how long before (legitimate) unvaccinated travelers can enter the US.

Biden, world leaders sign declaration to adopt vaccine passports for international travel
By Bethany Blankley | The Center Square contributor Nov 21, 2022

"Also involved in the G20 and B20 summits was Klaus Schwab, chair of the World Economic Forum, and architect of its “Great Reset.” In his book, "COVID-19: The Great Reset," he suggests the socio-economic losses caused by lockdowns presented an “opportunity” to create the “new world order” he envisions.

Schwab, who attended the G20 and B20 summits, said in his B20 keynote address, “What we have to confront is a deep, systemic and structural re-structuring of our world. And this will take some time. And the world will look differently after we have gone through this transition process.”

https://www.thecentersquare.co...e9-67c82639f0e1.html

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4865 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden, world leaders sign declaration to adopt vaccine passports for international travel

There's no doubt that they will attempt to impose "vaccine passports" next time. Covid-19 was just the warm up act for these totalitarians.

More from the same article you cited:

Mark Steyn with GBNews says it’s obvious from the world leaders’ remarks that they’ve “taken this virus and the world they built in response to it to make it permanent.” After a Pfizer executive admitted the company “hadn’t tested its vaccine to stop transmission of the virus,” Dutch legal philosopher Eva Vlaardingerbroek told Steyn, “everything is out in the open now. Everyone knows it doesn’t work. … It’s become so obvious that they’ve thrown logic out the window.”

She also points out that what is being stated is disingenuous. When world leaders say, “We will facilitate movement,” she says, they really mean, “we will restrict movement if you don’t do what we say.”

“The fundamental question” to be addressed, she said is, “People have forgotten what the state is for, and the state serves the citizens, not the other way around. You have an entire population that apparently seems to forget that they pay up to half of their income in taxes. … You do that so that the state – supposedly – does things in your interest. Instead, the state treats us as criminals … every citizen is proven guilty until proven innocent.”

Of the declaration, Liberty Counsel Founder and Chairman Mat Staver said, “Digital health or vaccine passports along with tracking and tracing apps present a serious threat to freedom. Vaccine passports and tracking apps are about collecting data and control. The vaccine passport is being promoted worldwide to limit a person’s ability to leave home, work, shop, dine, travel, attend a public event, or even worship. COVID is being used to advance this dangerous threat to freedom. We must never accept vaccine passports or tracking apps as the new normal. The implications for freedom are significant.”

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

This of course will not apply at the international border with Mexico…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15805 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, they aren't quiting.
Yesterday... Biden announced "Project NextGen", Operation Warp Speed 2.0

U.S. spending $5 billion to speed up development of new COVID vaccines
Reuters

WASHINGTON, April 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. government is spending over $5 billion on an effort to speed up the development of new COVID-19 vaccines and treatments, a Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) spokesperson and a Biden administration official said on Monday.

The investment, dubbed "Project NextGen" and first announced by White House and HHS officials in an interview with the Washington Post, aims to provide better protection from coronaviruses, including the one that causes COVID-19, that might become future threats.

"While our vaccines are still very effective at preventing serious illness and death, they are less capable of reducing infections and transmission over time," the HHS spokesperson said.

"New variants and loss of immunity over time could continue to challenge our healthcare systems in the coming years."

President Joe Biden's administration will spend a minimum of $5 billion in collaborations with the private sector, an approach similar to that of the "Operation Warp Speed" project under former President Donald Trump that accelerated the development and distribution of vaccines in 2020.

"Project NextGen will accelerate and streamline the rapid development of the next generation of vaccines and treatments through public-private collaborations," said the administration official.

"The infusion of a $5 billion investment, at minimum, will help catalyze scientific advancement in areas that have large public health benefits for the American people, with the goal of developing safe and effective tools for the American people."

The project, set to be based at HHS, will coordinate across the government and with the private sector on advancing a pipeline of new vaccines and treatments, the HHS spokesperson said. It will cover all phases of development from lab research and clinical trials to delivery.

https://www.reuters.com/busine...vaccines-2023-04-10/

-rduckwor

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Hoo boy! I just walked in to my doctor’s waiting room, and no mask required. First time in forever.

I went to our family dr for my 6 month Medicare physical yesterday. Masks are still required, and my dr wears a shield in addition to a N95 mask.

At least he didn't bother asking if I wanted a covid booster. The last time he said he recommended the boosters because they had alot of patients die of covid. I asked him how many of those who "died of covid" had the vaccine & boosters. He just stared at me for a few seconds, then said, "All of them.......OK, keep doing what you're doing & I'll see you in 6 months." Then he hurried out of the room.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I asked him how many of those who "died of covid" had the vaccine & boosters. He just stared at me for a few seconds, then said, "All of them......

Most Doctors are pretty busy and don't really have time to "Follow the science" When doctors say they "Follow the science" what they really mean is that they say and do what they are told.

It's a priceless moment when the fog lifts and the cognitive dissonance clears and they begin to realize that the advice they have been giving has all been based on a lie.

“I am past trying to argue with people who think that vaccines are not safe.”

~Peter Marks, M.D., director of the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

Steve Kirsch
@stkirsch
At the World Vaccine Congress, FDA's Peter Marks supported Gregory Poland’s position that the vaccine-hesitant are irrational, “It’s crazy that they don’t get how great vaccines are,” he said. “I am past trying to argue with people who think that vaccines are not safe.”

Seriously?!?! If Peter Marks want to reduce vaccine hesitancy, he MUST engage with the so-called "misinformation spreaders." So when has Peter Marks engaged with any of my colleagues to answer the questions we have? NEVER!

Today, I'm offering $100,000 to Peter Marks to take off his mask and have a civil discussion with us about the COVID vaccine safety and efficacy. Will he do it? I predict that it is NEVER going to happen.

So his statement about "arguing with people who think that vaccines are not safe" is disingenuous.

https://stevekirsch.substack.c...d-peter-marks-100000

-rduckwor

No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Most Doctors are pretty busy and don't really have time to "Follow the science" When doctors say they "Follow the science" what they really mean is that they say and do what they are told.

It's a priceless moment when the fog lifts and the cognitive dissonance clears and they begin to realize that the advice they have been giving has all been based on a lie.

I expect most docs have historically found they could rely on the medical journals to provide honestly curated and honestly conducted double blind controlled studies which kept them informed on advances in medical care. Most docs used to be in private practice and set their own care standards.

When you trust a system which has been good, it can be hard to imagine it has become thoroughly corrupted.

At this point, every institution seems corrupted.

Posts: 9740 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
When you trust a system which has been good, it can be hard to imagine it has become thoroughly corrupted.
Yup...denial on an EPIC scale. Luckily, my Primary Care Physician is not as clouded in his judgement or as brain-washed and left the decision whether or not to get the clot shot strictly up to me. WHICH I APPRECIATED GREATLY!!! He NEVER gave me the "you'll be on your death bed" speech or threatened me in any way. He simply told me I'd recover from Covid "a little easier" if I had the shot and were to contract Covid.

I have yet to get either...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
From the start, they lied about the "pandemic of the unvaccinated"

No surprise here, but more evidence is always nice. This time it comes from the state of Maryland.

Alex Berenson

In summer 2021, Democratic politicians and public health bureaucrats insisted only unvaccinated people were being hospitalized with or dying from Covid.

“This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated,” Centers for Disease Control director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said on July 16, 2021.

“Unvaccinated Americans account for virtually all recent COVID-19 hospitalizations,” Jeff Zients, the White House COVID-19 response coordinator, told NPR the same day.

“It’s really an outbreak among the unvaccinated,” Dr. Anthony S. Fauci told CNN nine days later.

No wonder that on Sept. 9, President Biden announced, “This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated” as he promised “a new plan to require more Americans to be vaccinated.”

Require? Yep, require.

After all, it was a “pandemic of the unvaccinated.”

Only it wasn’t.

Not even then.

As early as June 2021 - less than six months after mRNA jabs began, less than five months after anyone could be considered fully vaccinated - a significant fraction of people hospitalized with Covid had been jabbed.

These days, of course, almost everyone hospitalized for Covid has been jabbed, though the figures are tough to come by. They’re buried deep on state health department Websites or in Excel files that must be downloaded and examined.

But they’re not impossible to find. The media simply refused to report them, because they would have raised questions about how well the shots worked.

From time to time, though, they pop up. A reader directed me to the state of Maryland’s Website. Unusually, Maryland openly reveals the actual number of hospitalizations by vaccination status - rather than a “rate ratio” that depends on several dubious assumptions.

The Maryland data could not be clearer. Nearly everyone who has been hospitalized for the last year has been vaccinated. The jabs have failed.

(Yellow wins, vaccines lose)

[IMG] (image too large) [/IMG]

But that’s not the (most) interesting fact on this graph. Unless you’ve been asleep the last 18 months, you already knew the vaccines do not work about Omicron.

The most interesting fact is when they started to fail:

Yes, in July 2021, as the United States government told Americans that two mRNA shots provided near-total protection from Covid, more than one in five people hospitalized with Covid in Maryland was “fully vaccinated.” (In June the figure was 18 percent.)

Did public health officials like Dr. Fauci know the real numbers?

If not, they should have. After all, the National Institutes of Health - where Dr. Fauci worked for more than 40 years - is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland.

Worse, Maryland’s 20 percent “fully vaccinated” hospitalization figure for July 2021 is a significant underestimate, since Maryland systematically misclassified vaccinated people as unvaccinated.

This is not a conspiracy theory. As Maryland itself explains:

Identification of post-vaccination infections requires that vaccination data be reported to the state immunization registry and… be matched to the SARS-CoV-2 test result. Therefore, post-vaccination infections may be undercounted.

This problem was not unique to Maryland, or 2021.

Every state had and has a similar issue. As Massachusetts put it last year: The number of cases in vaccinated people may be undercounted due to.... an inability to match records across systems.

Other countries were more careful, classifying people as unknown when their vaccination status was, well, unknown.

But then the United States has always reported Covid data in a way designed to make the mRNA shots look as good as possible. It only classifies people as “vaccinated” two weeks after their second mRNA shot.

This artifice hides the fact that real-world data shows people are MORE likely to contract Covid for weeks after the first shot. No other drug has its effectiveness counted only during the period when it is most likely to work.

Finally, states overestimated the total number of people who received vaccines and in some cases reported more than 100 percent vaccine coverage. This error might sound trivial. In fact, it is crucial, because many states hide the raw numbers for hospitalizations and deaths by vaccine status and instead provide “age-adjusted rate ratios.”

But those ratios depend on accurate estimates of the number of unjabbed people. If 300 vaccinated die of Covid out of 1 million, compared to 50 out of 50,000 unvaccinated, the vaccines will seem quite effective (even though more vaccinated people have died).

But if even 10 percent of the people reported as vaccinated actually are not, then real figures are 300 out of 900,000 vaccinated compared to 50 out of 150,000 unvaccinated. In that case, exactly the same proportion of vaccinated and unvaccinated people have died.

The numbers I’ve used are fictional, but the problem is real. And vaccine advocates, at least the smarter ones, are well aware of all these issues.

But they don’t care, because every one works the same way, to make the vaccines appear more effective.

They just figure you won’t invest the time or energy to understand all the ways they’re lying.

And that’s the most arrogant attitude of all.

https://alexberenson.substack....-they-lied-about-the

-rduckwor

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Invisible Fences Documentary Trailer 2023
The impactful story of a woman & her best friend navigating through a Covid Vaccine Injury, and their search for help.

-rduckwor

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Maryland data could not be clearer. Nearly everyone who has been hospitalized for the last year has been vaccinated. The jabs have failed.

I’ll repeat something I e said in this thread more than once- i rely on personally observed empirical evidence. I don’t personally know anyone that has died from Covid that were not “vaccinated, nor by extension with acquaintances. Nobody I personally know that is unvaccinated has had Covid more than once, family included. Conversely, I know of two fully “vaccinated” and boosted that succumbed. to Covid. Neither had comorbidities. I know of multiple people to include co-workers, extended family, conversational acquaintances, etc that got Covid multiple times while “vaccinated”.

There is far too much clear evidence out there that not only do the “ affines” do almost no good for the average person, they are dangerous to healthy people. And yet they are still pushing the poison.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A new study ran in Cell Reports in February titled, “SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein induces TLR4-mediated long-term cognitive dysfunction recapitulating post-COVID-19 syndrome in mice.”
https://www.cell.com/cell-repo...2211-1247(23)00200-0

Researchers injected free spike protein (same as the type from the ‘vaccines’) directly into mice brains. They discovered that being exposed to spike protein destroyed brain synapses and caused neuro-inflammation, memory loss, and cognitive dysfunction between 30 to 45 days after exposure. They also found the spike’s neurotoxicity seemed to be related to the brain’s immune-response, and therefore was potentially a byproduct of the body’s reaction to the spike, and not the spike itself.

Critics of the study relied on the arguments that spike protein stays near the injection site, so it wouldn’t make it to the brain anyway, and people aren’t mice. Both are dumb arguments. Increasing numbers of studies are finding free spike (i.e., from the jabs) in human brain tissue, strongly suggesting that CDC promises about the spike’s inability to cross the blood-brain barrier were false.

Try to get any of these “experts” to bet real money spike doesn’t get into the human brain. Good luck.

Anecdotally, independent neurologists have reported to me that they are starting to diagnose more Creutzfeldt–Jakob Disease cases, compared to ultra-rare pre-pandemic levels when a neurologist might see one case in an entire career. Another told me her practice has exploded with new patients and diagnoses. When I asked her whether the new patients shared a vaccination status, she answered, “100%.”

Yet another whistleblower doctor (not a neurologist) who I spoke with this weekend informed me that her major Florida hospital was building out new cancer facilities and a brand-new apheresis unit. “They know,” she told me. “The apheresis unit is for filtering the spike out of people’s blood.”

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...monday-april-17-2023

-rduckwor