SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Looks like the MSM has no choice but admit the truth, now that a meta-study by the Lancet shows what many of us knew for months. Of course, it doesn’t stop the “experts” from suggesting that “vaccination” further enhances immunity, despite ALL evidence that said snake oil not only fails to inhibit reinfection, but even enhances the chance of getting Covid repeatedly.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna71027

Immunity acquired from a Covid infection is as protective as vaccination against severe illness and death, study finds
The immunity generated from an infection was found to be “at least as high, if not higher” than that provided by two doses of an mRNA vaccine.

Immunity acquired from a Covid infection provides strong, lasting protection against the most severe outcomes of the illness, according to research published Thursday in The Lancet — protection, experts say, that’s on par with what’s provided through two doses of an mRNA vaccine.

Infection-acquired immunity cut the risk of hospitalization and death from a Covid reinfection by 88% for at least 10 months, the study found.

“This is really good news, in the sense that protection against severe disease and death after infection is really quite sustained at 10 months,” said the senior study author, Dr. Christopher Murray, the director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.

The findings may be a small silver lining to the explosive omicron outbreak of last winter. With so many people infected, many most likely still benefit from that protection against severe disease, Murray said.

Still, experts stress that vaccination is the preferable route to immunity, given the risks of Covid, particularly in unvaccinated people.

“The problem of saying ‘I’m gonna get infected to get immunity’ is you might be one of those people that end up in the hospital or die,” Murray said. “Why would you take the risk when you can get immunity through vaccination quite safely?”

The study was the largest meta-analysis to date to look at immunity following infection. It included 65 studies from 19 countries and compared the risk of developing Covid again in people who had recovered from infections to people who hadn’t been infected through September. People who had hybrid immunity, or immunity from both infection and vaccination, were excluded. Omicron subvariants that emerged in the late fall and early winter of last year, including BQ.1 and the now-dominant XBB.1.5, weren’t included.

While protection from severe disease remained high, people could be reinfected — particularly with an omicron subvariant — consistent with evidence that protection against having symptoms wanes faster than protection against hospitalization and death.

Having Covid before the omicron variant emerged didn't do much to stop reinfection with the mutated version: Protection from reinfection in that case was 74% after one month but fell to 36% by month 10.

Dr. Bob Wachter, the chairman of the department of medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, said he did not expect the protection acquired from infection to be as robust as the meta-analysis found.

“The protection against severe infection, both the extent and the length of it at almost a year, is really surprisingly high,” said Wachter, who was not involved with the research.

The immunity generated from an infection was found to be “at least as high, if not higher” than that provided by two doses of an mRNA vaccine, the authors wrote.

While Murray and Wachter agreed that vaccination remains the safest route, having a past Covid infection should at least be considered in policymaking decisions going forward, such as vaccination requirements, they said.

“What Europe did with this evidence made a lot of sense, which is where evidence of past infection was seen as essentially equal to vaccination in terms of requirements to go into events or for employment,” Murray said.

At the very least, he added, officials should accept that evidence of recent infection is equivalent to vaccination.

Notably, the immunity acquired from infection did appear to wane more slowly than the immunity from two doses of an mRNA vaccine.

However, Murray said a booster dose would return protection to a higher level. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends waiting three months after an infection to get a booster dose.

It may be reasonable for people with healthy immune systems to stretch that out a little bit more, to six months, as the immune response continues to develop, said Deepta Bhattacharya, a professor of immunobiology at the University of Arizona.

“We know that the immune response continues to mature over the course of about six months, both for vaccines and for infections,” he said. “Waiting about six months gives you the best bang for your buck.”

Wachter said that while it’s not harmful to get a booster earlier, there is some flexibility with the timing for people who recently had Covid.

“If you are thinking about getting a booster, it’s a perfectly reasonable call to look at this and say I’ll wait six or eight months before getting my booster,” Wachter said. “That’s a reasonable conclusion from looking at the study.”

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They can keep their boosters.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
At the very least, he added, officials should accept that evidence of recent infection is equivalent to vaccination.

Notably, the immunity acquired from infection did appear to wane more slowly than the immunity from two doses of an mRNA vaccine.

Wachter said that while it’s not harmful to get a booster earlier, there is some flexibility with the timing for people who recently had Covid.

“If you are thinking about getting a booster, it’s a perfectly reasonable call to look at this and say I’ll wait six or eight months before getting my booster,” Wachter said. “That’s a reasonable conclusion from looking at the study.”

In the face of evidence to the contrary.... these evil people are still trying to control the choices of others, and still pushing the shots.

They want you to think they are "relaxing" but they are not.

The evidence is that the shots DO NOT provide protection or lower all-cause mortality ... :

Most vs. least vaccinated states: Can you guess which did better when COVID broke out?

When a COVID infection wave hit the most and least vaccinated states in 2022, the most vaccinated state had the higher COVID case rates and the higher relative death peaks. Whoops!

The bottom line: higher vaccination —> higher deaths for all age groups. That’s why 15-year-olds with heart attacks are now the new normal when they were non-existent before the vaccines rolled out.

https://stevekirsch.substack.c...accinated-states-can

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran an errand today and listened to my favorite XM channel. The Deejay said he had been staying at home after testing + for COVID. He then went into a list of TV shows he binged while quarantined. He also mentioned that he and his wife watched the same shows together.
But from separate rooms in the house, of course. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Jackson State Football Player (Kassem Vauls) Suddenly Collapses with Cardiac Arrest, Now in a Coma
17 Feb 2023

https://www.breitbart.com/spor...rrest-now-in-a-coma/

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Unclear the cause.

12 year football player collapses and dies-no one knew CPR

A 12-year-old New Jersey football player tragically collapsed and died Friday morning after waiting over 30 minutes for an ambulance when no one nearby knew CPR to save his life.

Elijah Jordan Brown Garcia was going through a light training session with his 10-year-old brother in preparation for a game for their local team, the Essex County Predators.

But the team's head coach had reportedly left, leaving the session in the charge of another coach and local parents, none of whom knew how to resuscitate the boy after he collapsed.

Elijah's devastated family are now pushing for all youth sports coaches to be CPR certified, which is not currently required under New Jersey state law.

More at link

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Elijah's devastated family are now pushing for all youth sports coaches to be CPR certified

The family should be asking why their child collapsed and died. That no one present knew CPR is a travesty in and of itself but were this my child, I would be demanding answers about what killed him. The coincidence ledger gains a new entry.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seamus
posted Hide Post
Thousands of children in the US experience sudden cardiac arrest every year. My son graduated high school in 2015 and lost two classmates that way. The school had a large push to certify more faculty on the use of AEDs. Are the numbers actually higher nowadays?

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough."

-Mark Twain

Posts: 416 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Figured this was as good a place as any to post this link. The article is too long to copy and post. It is the story of LTC Pete Chambers, an Army physician and Green Beret, speaking of the pandemic, what/who is behind it, and what is happening in the military with regards to it.

Some of it seems a bit out there (he kind of strikes me as being a Bo Gritz kind of character), but if even part of it is true, there isn't a chance in hell I'd let a kid of mine join the military today.

https://remnantnewspaper.com/w...iew-with-the-remnant

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
A good read; I’m curious though- what has he done or said that makes him “out there”? I didn’t see anything outrageous in his claims or statements. We’ve already seen the government weaponize the “vaccine” response against Americans.

The fed is clearly not happy with the fact that the population has gone from compliance with accepting the poison injections as a route to “get back to normal” to barely any uptake at all. I’m sure that there are fairly high ranking folks to this day calling it civil disobedience.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I’m curious though- what has he done or said that makes him “out there”?

"Seems" a bit out there. Wink

Specifically, the FEMA camp angle. Now, to be clear, that may very well be happening (them being built for a specific purpose), but I don't buy it...yet. That story has been a favorite one of kooky conspiracy theory people for many years.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I’m curious though- what has he done or said that makes him “out there”?

"Seems" a bit out there. Wink

Specifically, the FEMA camp angle. Now, to be clear, that may very well be happening (them being built for a specific purpose), but I don't buy it...yet. That story has been a favorite one of kooky conspiracy theory people for many years.

Sooo, why were those camps built then?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Speaking with a past business friend of mine the other day whom I haven't seen for a few years he is relating to me how he almost died about a month ago. He is in his mid to late forties. He is also a first responder so I know he has had the vaccination. So he tells me he started having respiratory issues. Couldn't walk from the house to his truck without gasping for air. Goes to the doc and they find a huge blood clot in his leg. Tells me the whole thing was calcified from above his ankle half way up his thigh. They had to insert some sort of a device to bust it up and suck it out. Also found all sorts of other blood clots in his chest and thought they would have to open him up to clear those.

Put him on blood thinners first and that seemed to clear them up so he avoided that surgery. Asked him what brought all that on as he is otherwise perfectly healthy. They don't know he says. Um yeah I'm sure they don't I'm thinking. He didn't seem to draw the correlation himself to the vaccination so I wasn't going down that road. Wished him the best of luck as we parted but I couldn't help but think he probably doesn't have long. At the very least his life has been permanently altered.

Maybe caused by the vaccination maybe not but there are far to many stories like my friends and worse to be just coincidence. Funny how this vaccination all of a sudden created all these dumb doctors who have no explanation why all these respiratory, blood clotting and heart conditions are all of a sudden occurring in young otherwise healthy people. But before that they were all medical geniuses and could spout a plethora of medical knowledge as to why we needed to get vaccinated.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
In the first year or so after the Plandemic started, a very large number of people refused to believe Covid-19 was anything more that what was being reported. Over time, many people have changed their minds. To those that are still on the fence, I suggest you take a look at these excerpts from Event 201. This simulation was presented shortly before the Covid-19 plandemic. It was sponsored by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the WEF on Oct. 18, 2019. If you want to put a name and a face to evil, take a look and you'll see some of the players and get a better idea of the extent of this conspiracy. Anyone who thinks this simulation was just a coincidence is an idiot.

https://youtu.be/wFZSU-sLFXc

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable assholes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Growing 'research' suggests...That's a curious way to spell EVIDENCE! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Is that entire simulation available anywhere?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Unbelievable assholes.

This is the new narrative for the CDC and others to escape accountability by blaming COVID instead of the vaccines for cardiac issues. I've already seen this story being pushed inside the military.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, that would mean that the unvaccinated who had COVID would be susceptible to sudden death, too. I think the CDC's claim might be easily refuted.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post