SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
Steve Bannon put it best. The pandemic has made Trump a wartime President.
Yes, and what we're watching right now is a wartime press conference. President Trump is maintaining an even strain- no rhetoric or showmanship or jokes. Leftist reporters presented him with their typical horseshit questions and instead of handing them their ass as he normally does, he just finessed them off the screen.

Now, imagine ol' Comeback Joe as POTUS at that press conference. He'd be talking about the dangers of first graders eating glue, and the time a guy sneezed on him in San Diego.

President Trump is in the groove.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Did that guy just call Dr. Fauci "Doctor Faust"?

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
WTF is up with these stupid reporters badgering Trump about "when is every American going to be to be tested?"

Why would you test people that are healthy?

I friggen' hate the MSM. Mad
Especially when testing too early leads to false negative results.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Too many gotcha questions from these turds in the media. Roll Eyes

Time to start banning these assholes again.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife works for NIH and says Dr. Fauci is a very level-headed guy.

^^^^^^^^^
Very true. He was at the forefront when the AIDS epidemic began, and was a voice of reason.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched most of the address.
Discussion centered on rolling out testing and partnering with private industry to speed this.
Short of loosening restrictions and giving healthcare more latitude I heard nothing of substance about a plan to manage the positive cases. Telemedicine offers nothing substantive in this instance.
Frankly in an area with high disease prevalence and negative flu a/b swab a person with consistent symptoms, lower respiratory symptoms and/or evolving bilateral interstitial pneumonia on chest films is presumed to have COVID. Once positives/presumptive positives are identified they should be isolated and triaged to care. We as a country can bring great resources to bear for a smaller number of patients but do not have capacity to care for mass casualties in the present framework.Community hospitals and will be immediately overwhelmed.
There should be a mobilization to prepare local arenas, stadiums, bus depots etc for treatment of large numbers of people and forced quarantine by National Guard or the like. Contact tracing will be expected. Domestic travel should be curtailed. Retired physicians, nurses, EMS should be identified/self identify to assist in care as the existing force will need support. Ventilators need to be procured. PPE needs to be made available.
Do I think this pandemic will amount to a large number of deaths in the US? Hopefully not but too early to say and the consequences of underestimating this are large. Do I think the left is exploiting this? Yes, absolutely. Do we need to reclaim manufacture of meds and medical equipment in this country? Yes as a matter of national security.
I write this as a staunch Trump supporter and practicing physician.

Posts: 51 | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As President Trump said at the beginning of the press conference, "We've learned a lot."

This event has really thown a spotlight upon the dependence of the United States upon China for medications. Just as with energy, this is something we should strive for- medicinal independence. It may not be entirely possible, but we damn sure can get much closer to it than we are now.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
As President Trump said at the beginning of the press conference, "We've learned a lot."

This event has really thown a spotlight upon the dependence of the United States upon China for medications. Just as with energy, this is something we should strive for- medicinal independence. It may not be entirely possible, but we damn sure can get much closer to it than we are now.

If there’s ever a Dept of Common Freakin Sense and you’re not the director then we’re missing out on a perfect hire. Preach it dude.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
The medicine issue was what concerned me 5-6 weeks ago. I was able to get a 6 month supply of my and my wife’s medicines.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:...

Government can't get out of it's own goddamn way, so Trump is going around it right to the people that will help find the vaccine and get it out there.

"We the People..." for the win.

Smart man, dat Trump guy.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I think the President sealed his reelection with that press conference—-as long as this ambitious plan is carried out successfully.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
But like Balze, he's more interested in his own convenience than common sense.

That's uncalled for and unfair. You think I'm worried about inconveniences? You think people losing their jobs, missing paychecks, not being able to travel to their places of work is an inconvenience? There isn't a single person here who isn't concerned about his or her own well-being through this whole episode, and many have expressed such sentiments. So spare me the cheap shots, please.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I think the President sealed his reelection with that press conference—-as long as this ambitious plan is carried out successfully.
He was large and in charge

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
This panic must be hitting the ammo market as well. SGA has a 5-10 day shipment date after you order. Normally 1-2 days.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
This panic must be hitting the ammo market as well. SGA has a 5-10 day shipment date after you order. Normally 1-2 days.
Well, uh, we are well-provisioned in that respect. Razz

Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I keep hearing about how we are supposed to practice social distancing, how we are supposed to stop shaking hands, how we are supposed to minimize risk and exposure.

Today I have watched two news conferences. One was for Orange County / Orlando, FL. This had the Orlando Mayor, Orange County Mayor, Orange County Sheriff and many other powerful local people.

The other was the presidential news conference. Trump, Pence, Fauci and some CEO's from some of the most powerful companies in the US.

Why were all of these people packed shoulder to shoulder on stage? Using the same lectern and microphone? Why was Trump shaking the hand of each person as they came to the lectern? And why were the reporters passing around and sharing the same microphone?

Posts: 2292 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, Gov. Inslee just extended the ban on classes K-12, public and private to all of Washington state through April 24.

Posts: 17133 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
I keep hearing about how we are supposed to practice social distancing, how we are supposed to stop shaking hands, how we are supposed to minimize risk and exposure.
Paintball guns and lots of ammo

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Well, uh, we are well-provisioned in that respect. Razz

Yes, sir. Bought cheap and stacked deep.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why were all of these people packed shoulder to shoulder on stage? Using the same lectern and microphone? Why was Trump shaking the hand of each person as they came to the lectern? And why were the reporters passing around and sharing the same microphone?

^^^^^^^^^^^^
My guess is that some prescreening was involved. The anxiety and panic is creating a mental health pandemic of sorts for many people. A previous poster talked of the FDR approach to the problem bringing industry and government together. FDR was a master of calming the American people when needed. People standing six feet apart and wearing masks conveys the wrong message.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post