SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
This is funny. Question from NPR reader:

A reader asks: I want to have a private cuddle session with some goats but am concerned that the goats may have cuddled with other people. What's the COVID risk? Note: The goat and human in the photo above are part of the same pandemic pod.

Really???

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Alan, are you seriously suggesting that I may have been mis-diagnosed with the 'Rona? How can I claim victimhood if that's the case???

Seriously, I'm easily as much as cynic regarding this as you are, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Ran into my first double masker at the grocery store today. I weep for our future. Frown

If King Fauchi told them to walk around with a finger up their ass to stop the spread of The Rona, these people would happily and obediently comply.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
Alan, are you seriously suggesting that I may have been mis-diagnosed with the 'Rona? How can I claim victimhood if that's the case???

Seriously, I'm easily as much as cynic regarding this as you are, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Is there a word that goes beyond cynical? Because that's where I am now. I believe absolutely nothing I read or hear anymore. Nothing. No matter the source. I've become almost irreconcilably jaded this past year.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
...irreconcilably jaded....

You may have hit it!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:

Is there a word that goes beyond cynical? Because that's where I am now. I believe absolutely nothing I read or hear anymore. Nothing. No matter the source. I've become almost irreconcilably jaded this past year.
But I would say justifiably so. These elitist morons in government and the media have flip flopped, outright lied, fudged numbers, and generally screwed the pooch across the board for the last year, yet they expect us to hang on every word or recommendation that falls out of their mouths and comply without question. As I put it to a friend this week, how long do you think I'd listen to or accept recommendations from my investment's guy if he was wrong, grossly wrong, about 90%+ of the time? I'm sorry, but anyone who trusts what government and the media is shoveling right now is a complete moron.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The CAP is playing a role not only in distribution of testing kits but in also delivery of vaccines.

We have all been given an opportunity to get the vaccines if we volunteer to staff vaccination centers.

No thanks.

I will staff Red Cross blood drives but won’t go near the vaccination places.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhtagmember,

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Memphis doctor dies of rare COVID-related condition just weeks after second vaccine

https://www.magnoliastatelive....fter-second-vaccine/

A young Memphis surgeon died this week of a rare COVID-19 related illness that has most frequently been seen in children.

Dr. J. Barton Williams, 36, who worked as an orthopedic surgeon at OrthoSouth in Memphis, died Monday at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis. Doctors treating him believe Williams had a delayed immune reaction to having the virus earlier, even though he didn’t realize he had it.

Williams had received his second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine just weeks before his death, which triggered many people to falsely believe the vaccine was a factor or that his death represented some new, vaccine-resistant strain of the virus.

But physicians who treated him, who spoke about his conditions and treatment with the permission of Williams’ family, said the vaccine was not a factor nor was he infected with a new strain.

Apparently, Williams had contracted COVID-19 sometime before he was vaccinated but was not aware he had the virus.

In fact, he’d tested negative for the virus while in the hospital meaning he had no live virus in his system.

Antibodies for the virus were found in his blood indicating past infection.

The reaction, known as multi-system inflammatory syndrome (MIS), causes inflammation in the blood vessels and can occur weeks or months after the actual virus first attacked the person’s system. MIS has been found in children, but Williams’ case is one of only a handful discovered in adults.

Williams had reportedly just gotten married in December.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Ok so what triggered it?

The virus or the vaccine?

Apparently they don’t know and it almost sounds like they don’t want to know

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But physicians who treated him, who spoke about his conditions and treatment with the permission of Williams’ family, said the vaccine was not a factor nor was he infected with a new strain.

Nevertheless RFK Jr. will jump on it, just like he did with Hank Aaron.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just because someone says something, doesn’t make it true. From the sounds of it, they’d like us to believe that even though he never had one symptom, the Wu Flu still killed him because he had the antibodies in his blood. Not the shot, which he had just taken, but the Wu Flu... sure, I believe it Roll Eyes

Most of the time the correct answer is the simplest answer (especially if it’s staring you in the face). 39 yo male in good health with no symptoms of Covid, no respiratory issues whatsoever dies after 2nd dose of Covid vaccine! They don’t want the public at large to panic so of course they’re gonna tell you that the vaccine is still safe. Won’t be the first time doctors have lied.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Logic says the vaccine killed him. Regardless of whether he may have had antibodies.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
What could possibly go wrong with a vaccine (for an illness that is also viably no more dangerous than the seasonal flu) that was rushed through without any significant trial period... you know, the way every single vaccine is supposed to be. It’s about money and control. Do you think getting the vaccine means you no longer have to wear the mask? Think again.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I still question whether this covid shot is actually a vaccine.

Anyway, PPE vending machines at JFK.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
What happened to the condom dispensers? They almost look the same.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Teacher showcases her new 'COVID safe' classroom.

What the hell are we doing to our kids?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

It’s called panic. There were plenty of people panicking in this thread, remember?

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's not panic. At least not any longer. It was panic in the beginning. Now what we have is bona fide Religious Fervor. Many of these covid apostles will never be the same again.

In regards to that classroom, that is pure dystopian machination. I pray every day for this pernicious crap to end before my daughters get too much older. My oldest is almost 5. It's not too late for her to forget this time in her life, at least to the point that it won't cause a lasting impression.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

That is utterly unforgivable and reprehensible. Any parent that would allow their kids into that environment doesn't deserve to keep them. Parents need to band together and declare war on any group responsible for this BS. Make no mistake, this is 'war'.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post