SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Its EDT now. Wink

if only people knew what I meant by that... Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
If that's accurate, surprised he's not waiting until market closes.

100% it is. Major news outlets are running the story now.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
What I want to know is if you get a mild case, is it called the Coronita virus?

Razz Smile

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
People are obviously rookies, you can wipe your ass just fine with Kleenex.
True, but flushing Kleenex can cause problems, as it doesn't dissolve as well as toilet paper.

That's the cities problem, eh? Wink
Not if it causes a blockage in your house/yard (we're responsible for repairs all the way to the street connection here).

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16642 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Sam Page just banned our Lincoln-Reagan Day banquet....

ST. LOUIS COUNTY — St. Louis County Executive Sam Page announced a ban on events with more than 250 people Friday to slow the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/...7d-7fde832e62ba.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24614 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
POTUS is apparently holding a presser at 1500 EST where a national state of emergency will be declared including controls on interstate travel and increased LE powers.

Does this mean I can open carry a flamethrower?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32037 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now, be quiet, be humble, and draw nigh for the clues which will save your life.

I'm far too busy "shitting my britches" Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6369 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Brother, can you spare a square?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44483 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
POTUS is apparently holding a presser at 1500 EST where a national state of emergency will be declared including controls on interstate travel and increased LE powers.
An unnecessary move, both in reality and politically, but, we're well into Crazy Land now, so...

Posts: 109097 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
People are now concerned about how kids will eat food since schools are closed. Roll Eyes

My county is opening some schools and sites for what they call grab and go lunches for anyone under 18.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16451 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:

I'm far too busy "shitting my britches" Roll Eyes

^^^^
Dude, there is no TP anywhere. Eek

Posts: 12580 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
My soon to be ex sister in law feared she had the virus so she voluntarily quarantined herself, I thought probably to sit home and drink more. This meant my brother would take over the responsibility of dropping off and picking up the kids which also would mean he would come to work a little later and leave a little earlier. No biggie. Today she calls him and suggests that she "knows it is going to be a positive diagnosis." My brother comes to work wearing a respirator, gloves and tyvek for he is now certain that he has been exposed. He is running around the office asking "what should I do, what should I do?" I told him to go home and calm down. A couple of hours later he gets the call that she was negative. I felt sorry for him that he would let panic take him over and worse that he let that bitch get in his head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5936 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My wife just got back from the near empty grocery store. She was going to just pick up something to cook this weekend but there was ZERO meat, produce, and no canned goods to be found. Picked up some frozen dinners and the last box of oatmeal.
Getting spicy.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best part of this whole outbreak is how much fun you can have trying to convince your life partner that only a daily blowjob can protect you from the dreaded Wuhan. You fellas shiting your britches are certainly missing out.

Posts: 1835 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
110 pages in this thread already; this could reach the status of the "You Will Buy A Glock" for posts and visits in a much shorter time. Speaking of which, I just went on-line to a spot to get a couple of 33 rounders for the G17 in case I have to repel boarders after my TP; none in stock.

Posts: 3399 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Just got the news that our ISD is cancelling school for two weeks beyond Spring Break, which is next week. I guess now's as good a time as any to be unemployed; staying home to help with three kiddos is kinda nice right now.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
If interstate travel is restricted, I'm going to go bonkers. This is all so bizarre to me. None of it makes any sense. What the hell are we doing? This virus is already everywhere.

I feel like we're taking a flamethrower to a mosquito.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30933 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
If interstate travel is restricted, I'm going to go bonkers. This is all so bizarre to me. None of it makes any sense. What the hell are we doing? This virus is already everywhere.

I agree. I'm going to be pissed. It would be one thing if some real percentage of people were sick but that's not the case.

1,263 people here have it out of 330 million.

That like a 0.000421% of our population.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16451 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
My wife and I and the kids are supposed to be traveling to a large family reunion/birthday party for her grandparents in the Columbus, OH area and I'm starting to wonder if this should be postponed? They are in their 80's here.

Now keep mind, these are the same people who refused to cancel their plans to travel to Orlando this past August-September right when Hurricane Dorian was 100 miles off the coast. Eek

Has this hit Ohio yet?

The question is not "has hit there yet?", the question is "how likely is someone to bring it there with them?".

The trip is now off, thank God my relatives are not being hardheads about this like they were with Dorian.

I told my wife: "what happens when we are on our way there or way back and the country goes into emergency lockdown mode? Do you want to get stuck somewhere?" I think that really woke her up.

Posts: 34589 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Me too. I make my living on the Interstates.

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Posts: 2057 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
The best part of this whole outbreak is how much fun you can have trying to convince your life partner that only a daily blowjob can protect you from the dreaded Wuhan....

Likely response: “Love you, dear, but it’s been nice knowing you.”

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2164 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post