SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nearly 40 percent of all Illinois COVID deaths in the last month are breakthroughs. What gives?

https://wirepoints.org/nearly-...repoints-quickpoint/

Square this one up for us, Gov. Pritzker. On January 3rd, you said that only 5 percent of COVID patients in Illinois’ ICUs were vaxxed.* The implication was that Illinois is suffering from a “pandemic of the unvaccinated.”

But since your comment, nearly 40 percent of all COVID deaths have been breakthroughs. Illinois has experienced 1,007 breakthrough deaths over the last four weeks.

That’s a massive disconnect. How can the vaxxed make up so few of the ICU patients – those most at risk of dying – and yet end up comprising so many of the total COVID deaths?

Wirepoints can think of a couple scenarios that explain that disconnect, but we’re simply not armed with the data that would allow us to confirm them. IDPH doesn’t provide the hospitalization data we need, let alone more detailed data on breakthrough demographics and comorbidities.

Which brings us to the actual point of this piece: The governor shouldn’t make comments that can’t be confirmed by publicly released data from the Illinois Department of Public Health.

This is far from the first time this has happened. Gov. Pritzker and Dr. Ezike have made statements throughout the pandemic that couldn’t be independently verified.

And that erodes trust, if there’s any left.

*Approximately 85% of those hospitalized because of COVID-19 are unvaccinated, while 95% of the approximately 1,100 people in intensive care are unvaccinated, Pritzker said.

https://news.wttw.com/2022/01/...-he-fears-worst-come

Posts: 13075 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

My niece works as a pharmacist at a local hospital. If you ask a conservative nurse there this question - it's 50/50. Probably an honest answer. If you ask a liberal nurse - it's 99% unvaccinated. Either way - the vast majority of these media statistics are unverifiable. It goes even beyond that. How many people are in the hospital because of Covid, versus those who are in the hospital for some other reason and simply tested positive for Covid? It goes way beyond ideology, its now about rampant and blatant dishonesty in pursuit of an agenda that crumbling.

I believe it is even more unverifiable than you portray. There are several issues.

One is definitions. What, exactly, is a C19 case, and how does the definition vary across different scenarios (hospitalized, tested, clinical observation, video chat, non-symptomatic, etc). For a while, and perhaps still so, vaccinated were only a case if hospitalized and test positive with symptoms, whereas unvaccinated were a case simply with a positive test regardless of symptoms or hospitalization.

Two is method of testing. We know the PCR is wildly inaccurate if run too many cycles, and even cannot reliably differentiate C19 from other bugs.

Three is differences between populations who choose to vaccinate or not. That is, are the unvaccinated typically at higher risk due to other medical comorbidities?

Four is a combination of strain of the virus and prior infection, which plays into item 3 above. Delta is a whole different animal than Omicron. Are the unvaccinated in hospital more likely to not have been infected previously? Up until the most recent few days, hospital patients were more likely to be Delta variant. As we go into the window of Omicron hospitalizations, vaccination status is irrelevant.

Fifth is the way the statistics are generated, e.g. cherry picked start/end dates. So many studies are designed to get a particular result.

No data should be trusted at this point without careful deconstruction.

Posts: 9730 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Unbelievable Roll Eyes

That ghoul in LA county, Barbara Ferrer, is going to force every attendee at the Super Bowl to wear a KN95 mask the entire time.

I really hope the NFL tells California to go fuck themselves and moves it to Florida
Would really be hillarious if everyone in attendance all stood up at the end of the National Anthem (assuming there is one), removed their face diapers and threw them onto the field. Won't happen, but it would be epic.

Then they all break out into a chant heard worldwide of “Fuck Joe Biden!”

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
....for reference our patients have been running about 80% unvax'd / 20% vax'd". I know it's true.
Just remember, when it comes to statistics, context is even more important than the numbers you quoted. If the Covid ward handled 20 people (16 unvaccinated / 4 vaccinated) in a community of 250k, I'd suggested the total number hospitalized, from a statistical standpoint, is all but irrelevant. Additionally, how many of the total people hospitalized were over say 65? That's also a very important statistic since the total number of people who've died 'from' Covid has trended heavily north of 65 years old.

Unless you've been given the entire statistical picture for Covid in your city/county/state (which you likely haven't given the goal of virtually everyone in government is to hide some data while producing mountains of garbage data), you can't offer any concrete conclusions. Nor can I. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
No data should be trusted at this point....
I think that to be the more accurate statement. The data as a whole is so corrupted at this point that there isn't a rational, logical, way to analyze it to come up with any valid conclusions.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
200 years ago, it may be argued that it's unfortunate but understandable that history repeats itself. Most people perhaps weren't sufficiently educated to know history.

But in today's era of information, data so readily at our fingertips to be shared, discussed, disseminated. It seems that there is no excuse to repeat lessons learned from history.

200 years from now, we may be called the era of idiots since we hade this wealth of information at our beck and call, yet continued to repeat the obvious mistakes noted in history.

Shame on us.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13088 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
....for reference our patients have been running about 80% unvax'd / 20% vax'd". I know it's true.
Just remember, when it comes to statistics, context is even more important than the numbers you quoted. If the Covid ward handled 20 people (16 unvaccinated / 4 vaccinated) in a community of 250k, I'd suggested the total number hospitalized, from a statistical standpoint, is all but irrelevant. Additionally, how many of the total people hospitalized were over say 65? That's also a very important statistic since the total number of people who've died 'from' Covid has trended heavily north of 65 years old.

Unless you've been given the entire statistical picture for Covid in your city/county/state (which you likely haven't given the goal of virtually everyone in government is to hide some data while producing mountains of garbage data), you can't offer any concrete conclusions. Nor can I. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
No data should be trusted at this point....
I think that to be the more accurate statement. The data as a whole is so corrupted at this point that there isn't a rational, logical, way to analyze it to come up with any valid conclusions.

I agree with bigdeal. Our data is in such a sorry state that it's not reliable.

Plus, around the world, we see the most vaxxed places producing the most hospitalization and death.

Scotland, Britain, Israel, and Denmark are four of the world’s most highly vaccinated countries. They all have 90 percent adult Covid vaccination rates and 60 percent adult boosters. Yet the vast majority of deaths are occurring in vaccinated people; serious cases are soaring; and infections are almost literally off the charts.

This is Covid vaccine failure at the most profound and basic level.

https://alexberenson.substack....-charts-and/comments

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:True, and if they show shots of the crowd during the game, it will look as bizarre as it really is.
If they follow NASCAR's lead, shots of the empty seats are a no-no. Although I'm sure the SB seats will be full of idiots.

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on lady! Remember social distancing?
Go to Florida! Live free.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, I like it. They can fuck up their fucked up world with their fucked up rules and the fucked up people who supported it can live with it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

What would be the point? The criteria for "vaccinated" changes from day-to-day.

Wait. You guys haven't heard yet? The term being used by the CDC is no longer Fully Vaccinated. No, it's now "Up To Date." You have to be "up to date" with your covid "vaccine." It is now open ended. "Up to date" is a subscription service.

https://www.foxnews.com/health...-vaccination-booster

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30905 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fauci Predicts Children Aged 4 and Younger Will Get a Three-Dose Vaccine Regimen

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...regimen_4240317.html

White House COVID-19 advisor Anthony Fauci said that he believes children aged 2 to 5 will need to get three doses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine.

“It turned out that the other dose, namely the other group, from 24 months to four years did not yet reach the level of non-inferiority, so the studies are continued,” said Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984, during a COVID-19 briefing on Wednesday.

Fauci continued to say that for children, “it looks like it will be a three-dose regimen. I don’t think we can predict when we will see an [emergency use authorization] with that because the company is still putting the data before the FDA.”

‘Don’t See Any Clear Benefit’: Sweden Doesn’t Recommend Vaccinating Kids Under 12

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...nder-12_4240763.html

The Swedish government on Thursday declined to recommend giving COVID-19 vaccines to children under 12 years old after determining there would be a little medical benefit in doing so.

The Public Health Agency of Sweden, in a news release, said the medical benefit for an individual child aged 5 to 11 who receives a COVID-19 vaccine is “currently small.”

“Therefore, the authority for the spring term 2022 does not recommend a general vaccination of children under 12 years of age in Sweden,” the release said. “We will continue to follow the issue.”

The agency further said that general COVID-19 vaccines for children aged 5 and older are “not expected to have a major effect on the spread of” the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus in Sweden.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Word games. I had to go to emergency for a stomach ailment over a year ago. Turned out to be divertyculitus (yeah I know spelling but I'm not going to look it up right now). Razz Anyhow they insisted on giving me the brain swab test. This was on a Friday. Monday the nurse calls me and says you're results are back and you are not positive for Covid. To which I said then I'm negative? To which she said no we don't say negative anymore you are classified as undetected. I just laughed and hung up.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fauci Predicts Children Aged 4 and Younger Will Get a Three-Dose Vaccine Regimen

Evil son of a bitch! Mad

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39230 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember Goldie Hawn from Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in.

Now I have proof that Goldie Hawn is much smarter than Dr. Fauci.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...s-pandemic-trauma?dg

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
An update on the news story posted previously by chellim1, on the trucker protest. The Freedom Convoy now has thousands of truckers and cars travelling to Ottawa to protest the vaccine mandate, and, according to another report, the convoy has reached 43 miles long. $7 million have been raised for this protest.

It looks like our Canadian friends have taken a page out of the Let's Go Brandon playbook and have their slogans for Prime Minister Trudeau..."Truck Frudeau" and "Truck you Trudeau". Wink

[Note: there is a Twitter Tweet w/ embedded video and hyperlinks at linked website article.]

Emphasis added in bold.

=====================

Florida trucker in Canada convoy: ‘We’re here to join a movement’

As protest rolls through Toronto, vaccinated US-Canadian driver explains his support

Nate Tabak
Friday, January 28, 2022

VAUGHAN, Ontario — Florida-based owner-operator DeAndre Mahadeo, like other truckers who rolled past throngs of supporters just outside Toronto, got a rousing send-off on Thursday as he prepared to head to the capital, Ottawa, in a protest against COVID-19 vaccine mandates at the border.

Hundreds of people of all ages called them heroes and even freedom fighters as 15 to 20 trucks and a few hundred passenger vehicles paraded through a mall parking lot in Vaughan. Some handed over boxes of cookies, brownies and other snacks.

“We’re here to join a movement,” said Mahadeo, 30, a dual U.S.-Canadian citizen who regularly moves freight in both countries. “We need to end these restrictions once and for all.”

Trucker DeAndre Mahadeo poses for a photo as he prepares to join the Freedom Convoy. (Photo: Nate Tabak)

Across the Toronto area, supporters on overpasses cheered on convoys as they made their way along Canada’s busiest freight routes.

Mahadeo is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 so the mandates at the border haven’t affected his job. He continues to move auto parts back and forth between the countries.

But the long-haul trucker — who considers both countries his home — believes more is going on behind the vaccination requirements.

“There is a whole lot of overreach of the government, certainly in the U.S. and Canada and around the world,” said Mahadeo, who was born in Guyana. “Governments are using this as an opportunity to gain more leverage against the people.”

Mahadeo spoke as he inched his truck forward as his convoy prepared to join a larger one that had come from Niagara, Ontario. Multiple convoys under the auspices of the Freedom Convoy have been making their way toward Ottawa since the weekend — with the largest coming from western Canada.

A few trucks ahead of Mahadeo, Ontario owner-operator Tom Slawinski expressed frustration at the U.S. and Canadian governments. But for the unvaccinated driver, the consequences were more immediate since he can only run domestic freight now unless he gets the shot.

“I can’t make money,” Slawinski said.

The protest convoys bound for Ottawa started in response to the vaccine mandates that the U.S. and Canada imposed on cross-border drivers earlier this month. But they have emerged as a rallying point for Canadians against pandemic-related restrictions and the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau itself.

“I tried to join groups that have done this, but it’s always just kind of fizzled out. I feel now like it’s getting momentum,” said Carolyn Carey, of Newmarket, Ontario, one of the many nontruckers in the convoy.

Carey said she identified with the unvaccinated cross-border drivers, having been fired from her job in housekeeping at a hospital after refusing to get the shot.

“I should be able to choose and not have to be forced to take the vaccine,” she said.

Adding to the anger in the crowd were comments Trudeau made on Wednesday about the convoy.

“The small fringe minority of people who are on their way to Ottawa, who are holding unacceptable views that they are expressing, do not represent the views of Canadians,” Trudeau said.

Many in the crowd held signs calling out the prime minister, including some that read “Truck Frudeau.” and "Truck you Trudeau".

Organizers of the Freedom Convoy say that 50,000 trucks will converge in Ottawa. As of yet, reports from across Canada point to a smaller figure, with individual convoys numbering in the hundreds of vehicles to over 1,000, in the case of one spotted in Saskatchewan. On Wednesday, Ottawa police said they are expecting 1,000 to 2,000 protesters.

A GoFundMe campaign for the Freedom Convoy continues to see donations pour in. As of Thursday evening, it had raised over CA$6.3 million (US$5 million). The organizers have reportedly withdrawn CA$1 million after submitting a distribution plan to GoFundMe, which had been withholding the funds.

==========

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qc24ep0pIaA

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just like a movie. What we need is that Eighties Hollywood teen movie ending- Bad guys arrested or forced to resign, the poor kid in the high school wins out over the popped-collar preppy scum and gets the girl and a Porsche, and all the peripheral characters get whatever they have coming to them, the bad kids get the shaft, the good kids get whatever they want. Footloose'n'shit...

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
Yeah, absolutely! They already have a theme song with the "you can stick your vaccine mandate up your ass" chant, but maybe a Kenny Loggin's song you can crank up and dance to.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Well, we rolled up Interstate 44 Like a rocket sled on rails
We tore up all of our swindle sheets And left 'em settin' on the scales
By the time we hit that Chi-town Them bears was a-gettin' smart
They'd brought up some reinforcements From the Illinois National Guard
There's armored cars, and tanks, and Jeeps And rigs of ev'ry size
Yeah, them chicken coops was full'a bears And choppers filled the skies
Well, we shot the line and we went for broke With a thousand screamin' trucks
An' eleven long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson Interviews Freedom Convoy Spokesman, Trucker Benjamin Dichter

Earlier this evening Fox News host Tucker Carlson interviewed Canadian Freedom Convoy spokesperson Benjamin Dichter about the motives, purposes and intents of the trucker protest.

During the interview Mr. Dichter noted how the vaccination passport was yet one more step in the ability of the government to track, monitor, approve and possibly block free movement. Additionally, the trucker gave a real-world example of that issue recently surfacing when he crossed the border and the crossing guard told him his cell phone location data and his vaccinated status was already tied into the border checkpoint system.

Mr. Dichter was surprised at how quickly the vaccination passport tracking system was triggered and noted the U.S. border checkpoints likely contain the same type of privacy infringements. WATCH:

https://theconservativetreehou...dichter/#more-226201

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trudeau tucks tail and runs claiming “Covid” excuse as record-breaking trucker convoy descends on his royal palace…

https://abcnews.go.com/Interna...posed-covid-82510764