SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
The FBI is investigating whether members of Hillary Clinton’s inner circle “cut and pasted” material from the government’s classified network so that it could be sent to her private e-mail address, former State Department security officials say.FBI agents are zeroing in on three of Clinton’s top department aides. Most of the Clinton e-mails deemed classified by intelligence agency reviewers were sent to her by her chief of staff Cheryl Mills or deputy chiefs Huma Abedin and Jake Sullivan.

Ba'ah, they are going to be sacrificed for her glory. They willingly violated the air-gap between networks, likely printing hardcopy documents and retyping summaries into emails.[/quote]

I'm not sure that it is easy to "cut and paste" some of these documents and it certainly isn't in the case of SAP documents.

If the article is talking about the common computer "cut and paste" it would presume that the documents could be accessed by computer, recomposed, and easily transferred onto the HRC private network.

Unless things have been drastically changed that simply isn't possible. SAP meant in my day, no copiers, no notes, no fax machines, etc. The Documents are designed so that coping is difficult, each copy is numbered and logged and is on special paper.

The only way I could see it being done is that Hillary's minions had to be alone with a copy long enough to retype it into a laptop. In a real SAP environment (who knows what goes on at State) being alone with this sort of information and having a laptop in reach simply isn't done.

Someone here with more recent experience may know more.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:

The only way I could see it being done is that Hillary's minions had to be alone with a copy long enough to retype it into a laptop. In a real SAP environment (who knows what goes on at State) being alone with this sort of information and having a laptop in reach simply isn't done.

Someone here with more recent experience may know more.

Who is going to tell her "no?" She wants it, she gets it, or she gets someone who will get it for her. No thinking allowed, or desired.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So the little people will take the fall (as they should) and what for Clinton?

This will be buried so deep as to her culpability in this bullshit that no one will remember it happening.

Benghazi? Clinton? Law breaker?

I want to be wrong, I really do. But I truly believe that there will be about 7 people charged with a crime. 3 will be convicted. Then it disappears. Buried.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who is going to tell her "no?" She wants it, she gets it, or she gets someone who will get it for her. No thinking allowed, or desired.

Yes, tyrants select willing followers, usually eager followers.

The followers in this case though, will have left tracks all over the landscape. The system is set-up to make tracking easy if it is abused.
The Clinton's are perfectly willing to throw faithful followers overboard when the boat is sinking. But there seem to be too many involved here and someone may squeal to save his/her skin.

It is one thing to be a faithful follower of the next POTUS, quite another to go to prison for an also ran.
It may be getting quite hot in the Clinton campaign bus.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ly.html?intcmp=hpbt2

A 2013 video, obtained exclusively by Fox News, raises fresh questions about how Hillary Clinton handled sensitive information at the State Department.

In the video, veteran diplomat Wendy Sherman reveals that in the interest of speed, Clinton and her aides would share information that "would never be on an unclassified system" normally.

The questions surround a 2013 speech in which Sherman compared the technology differences between serving at the State Department in the administrations of President Bill Clinton and President Obama.

"Now we have BlackBerries, and it has changed the way diplomacy is done," Sherman, who was undersecretary of state at the time, said in the 2013 on-camera remarks.

" Things appear on your BlackBerries that would never be on an unclassified system . But you're out traveling, you're trying to negotiate something. You want to communicate with people, it's the fastest way to do it."

video at link. Sherman's comments about half way thru

In Sherman's speech to the American Foreign Service Association, she cited as an example Clinton's September 2011 visit to the United Nations General Assembly.

The secretary of state met with Lady Ashton of the European Union and, according to Sherman, the two high officials used their BlackBerries to conduct Middle East peace negotiations.

"So they sat there, as they were having the meeting, with their BlackBerries, transferring language back and forth between them and between their aides to multitask in a quite a new fashion," said Sherman. "To have the meeting and at the same time be working on the Quartet statement."

BTW, the State Dept has said that Hillary used her own personal blackberry. State did not issue her a secure blackberry.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...nton-her-blackberry/

The State Department testified that it did NOT give Hillary Clinton the BlackBerry that she used while she was Secretary of State.

State Department lawyers said Wednesday, as part of a civil case involving the nonprofit group Judicial Watch, that the agency never gave Clinton a secure BlackBerry, and it may also have destroyed the devices given to top Clinton advisers.

“[The State Department] does not believe that any personal computing device was issued by the Department to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and has not located any such device at the Department,” the Department said in a court filing.

adding:

After leaving the State Dept in 2013, Bryan Pagliano was a contractor for State Dept doing work on “mobile and remote computing functions”

Sounds odd. The guy who set up the private system that was illegally full of classified info, got hired back for “mobile and remote computing functions"

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I hope Hillary keeps using that disgusting hack Lena Dunham on her campaign. What a vile, disgusting human being.

Direct Link: https://vine.co/v/exaiUX0QAzB

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
At last nights Democratic Presidential Town Hall:

HC: “No, I’m not willing to say it was an error in judgment, because, what — nothing that I did was wrong. It was not in any way prohibited.”

It really scares me that she gets to say that without getting savaged by the press. They treat us like stupid sheep. We are not the country I thought we were.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
From the article posted by sdy:
"So they sat there, as they were having the meeting, with their BlackBerries, transferring language back and forth between them and between their aides to multitask in a quite a new fashion," said Sherman. "To have the meeting and at the same time be working on the Quartet statement."

WTF? You're having a meeting and, meanwhile, you're screwing with something completely different with your stupid PDA in the meeting!?!? What the hell are these people, a bunch of compulsively rude-assed teenagers who didn't get their Ritalin that day? And would that not be one fine explanation for the half-assed work done by the American diplomats over the past several years?

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I thought the best part was:

quote:
Clinton and her aides would share information that "would never be on an unclassified system" normally.

Clinton was using her personal (unsecure) blackberry.

Guess it comes down to what "normally" means.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oh, it was. But how many ways can these idiots fail in one sitting?

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Oh please be right... I generally like and trust Catherine Herridge's reporting more than most...

FBI going 'right to the source' in Clinton email probe, interviewing intel agencies

By Catherine Herridge, Pamela K. Browne Published January 26, 2016

The FBI is going straight to the source in its investigation of classified emails that crossed Hillary Clinton’s personal server, speaking with the intelligence agencies – and in some cases, the individuals – that generated the information, two intelligence sources familiar with the probe told Fox News.

Investigators are meeting with the agencies and individuals to determine the classification level in the emails. The step speaks to the diligence with which the bureau is handling the investigation, despite the former secretary of state’s claims that the matter boils down to a mere interagency dispute.

"This is not merely a difference of opinion between the State Department and the Department of Justice," one intelligence source, who is not authorized to speak on the record, told Fox News, referring to comments on the Sunday talk shows and by the Clinton campaign downplaying the FBI's investigation. "The bureau will go directly to depose specific individuals in agencies who generated the highly classified materials."

The source added, "At the end of the day it will be a paper case. Emails never disappear because computers never forget.”

A former senior FBI intelligence officer, while not directly involved in the Clinton email investigation, previously told Fox News it was standard practice for the bureau to go directly to the originating source because it is cleaner and maintains the integrity of the investigation.

"You want to go right to the source," Timothy Gill Sr., a former senior FBI intelligence officer, said. "Investigative protocol would demand that."

Fox News first reported that intelligence beyond "Top Secret" known as "SAP," or "Special Access Programs," was identified in the Clinton emails on her unsecured private server. Access to SAP is restricted to only those with a "need to know" because exposure of the intelligence would likely reveal a human asset or method of collection. The findings were shared with the Senate Intelligence and Foreign Affairs committees in a Jan. 14 letter from the intelligence community inspector general.

Fox News also confirmed that at least one email contained intelligence from human spying, known as "HCS-0," which is code for highly sensitive human intelligence operations.

The FBI investigation is centered around Clinton and members of her staff to determine if they deliberatively trafficked and shared information from highly classified sources onto an unsecure private email system.

"The bureau does not waive its primacy in espionage cases," the intelligence source said, referring to USC 18 793 and 794. "The security investigation is now part and parcel with the criminal [public corruption] investigation." The source said both tracks are being pursued "vigorously" and there is a sense of "incredulity as to what is being discovered."

Violations of US 18 Section 793 fall under "gross mishandling" of national defense information. Potential violations under Section 794, "gathering or delivering defense information to aid" a foreign government, are more serious and challenging to prove.

Howard Krongard, former inspector general of the State Department, told Fox News, "I continue to believe the question of how [and from whom] material actually got from the classified network to Hillary Clinton's server is the key to the puzzle."

It is not possible to "cut and paste" from a classified network to an unclassified system, like Clinton’s personal email account, to perform what is known in intelligence circles as "jumping the gap."

Paul Sperry, a media fellow at the Hoover Institution, reported Saturday in the New York Post that Clinton and her top aides "had access to a Pentagon-run classified network that goes up to the Secret level as well as a separate system used for Top Secret communications."

Former intelligence and law enforcement officers say one of the most likely scenarios is that an individual who had access to classified information summarized it in their own words or provided details during exchanges via email, which is a criminal violation and goes against non-disclosure agreements.

"The spillage could occur by somebody basically ignoring those guidelines. It would have to be that way. There's no possible way she could transfer media off of an SCI high system … onto an unclassified server," said Dan Maguire, a special operations veteran who spent 46 years handling highly classified information and being deeply engaged on special access programs.

"I think it reflects, probably two things -- perhaps an ignorance on the part of the individuals involved who've been doing this who are trying to please their boss and don't recognize the sensitivity and how that impacts on national security, and then an element of arrogance to even think or consider that you would pass information on an unclassified file server," Maguire said.

A review of the Clinton emails has found at least 1,340 containing classified information. A State Department challenge to two emails classified at the "Top Secret" level failed, as Fox News first reported in December. The agency that gets the information in effect owns the information, and has final say over its classification.

In its most recent statement on classified information found on Clinton’s server, the Clinton campaign described the issue as an “interagency dispute.”

Spokesman Brian Fallon said, “It does not change the fact that these emails were not classified at the time they were sent or received. It is alarming that the intelligence community IG, working with Republicans in Congress, continues to selectively leak materials in order to resurface the same allegations and try to hurt Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign. The Justice Department's inquiry should be allowed to proceed without any further interference."

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...es.html?intcmp=hpbt1

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
"The bureau does not waive its primacy in espionage cases," the intelligence source said, referring to USC 18 793 and 794. "The security investigation is now part and parcel with the criminal [public corruption] investigation." The source said both tracks are being pursued "vigorously" and there is a sense of "incredulity as to what is being discovered."

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I lost track.

Is the "public corruption" investigation about the Clinton Foundation and trading State Dept "favors" for paying Bill Clinton to do speeches ?

If this story is true, the Clintons must be pissing in their pants (and pantsuits).

I am having more confidence that the Clintons can't keep the lid on this.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
One can only hope and pray that you are right.

I spent 20 years in USAF, all of which time I had access to classified material, including some Top Secret SAR (Special Access Required) and CLI (Controlled Limited Access--only a set number of people on the list). I suspect that the current SAP information would be roughly the same as the SAR I had access to. We were fully briefed on procedures and restrictions when we were initially approved for clearance and received periodic updates and reminders of our oaths (and the penalties for transgressing). There was no leniency given. It did not matter if a fault was intentional or by accident, either--protection of the information was paramount.

Only the originating classification authority (or the President) could change the classification of existing information--everyone had to follow the prescribed handling procedures for that level until the classification was changed by proper authority. There were general rules about downgrading of various levels--some materials were automatically downgraded after a certain number of years had passed, for example. (Which is why I'm certain that some things I describe now are no longer classified--the material is just too old.)

Mishandling of classified information, on purpose or by accident, was a very serious matter then and should be now. And no one is immune to the consequences of doing it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A few posts above, Wendy Sherman is the person who talked about HC using her blackberry for information that would never be on an unclassified system.

This story says Wendy Sherman was "lead negotiator on the Obama administration’s disastrous and one-sided 2015 nuclear arms deal with Iran, which allowed the Iranians to continue their nuclear program while also dropping U.S. sanctions on the Islamic country."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...rability-china-trip/

and this also from the story:

State Department security official Eric Boswell sent Clinton and her aide Cheryl Mills a memo on March 2, 2009 telling Clinton not to use her Blackberry on the seventh floor, which is known as “Mahogany Row.”

“Our review reaffirms our belief that the vulnerabilities and risks associated with the use of Blackberries in the Mahogany Row [REDACTED] considerably outweigh the convenience their use can add to staff that have access to the classified OpenNet system on their desktops,” Boswell wrote, followed by another redaction.

“We also worry about the example that using Blackberries in Mahogany Row might set as we strive to promote crucial security practices and enforce important security standards among State Department staff.”

“I cannot stress too strongly, however, that any unclassified Blackberry is highly vulnerable in any setting to remotely and covertly monitoring conversations, retrieving e-mails , and exploiting calendars,” Boswell added.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
State Department security official Eric Boswell sent Clinton and her aide Cheryl Mills a memo on March 2, 2009 telling Clinton not to use her Blackberry on the seventh floor, which is known as “Mahogany Row.”

“Our review reaffirms our belief that the vulnerabilities and risks associated with the use of Blackberries in the Mahogany Row [REDACTED] considerably outweigh the convenience their use can add to staff that have access to the classified OpenNet system on their desktops,” Boswell wrote, followed by another redaction.

“I cannot stress too strongly, however, that any unclassified Blackberry is highly vulnerable in any setting to remotely and covertly monitoring conversations, retrieving e-mails , and exploiting calendars,” Boswell added.

I wonder if "Mahogany Row" is a electronic device prohibited area or a SCIF. If so... the violations are getting worse every day.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31559 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Mahogany Row"

Top Executive offices.

Secretary and Deputy Secretary.

And snack rooms. Smile

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I lost track.Is the "public corruption" investigation about the Clinton Foundation and trading State Dept "favors" for paying Bill Clinton to do speeches ?If this story is true, the Clintons must be pissing in their pants (and pantsuits).I am having more confidence that the Clintons can't keep the lid on this.

Setting aside the classified emails where Clinton and her accomplices are manifestly guilty of very serious crimes, there are also chains of emails which strongly hint of corruption.

These involve Bill Clinton's phony speaking engagement to groups and countries needing favors from State and other cases where large donations to the Clinton Slush Funds just happen around the time that State was due to approve projects and other favors.

The classified emails are straight forward, SAP information had to be transcribed and reformatted to end up on HRC's server. That chain of custody is fairly easy to trace.

(As an aside, if I worked with an SAP document my notes and work product was immediately classified and became part of the file to be handled in the same manner as the original.)

Chasing corruption is much more manpower intensive, proof that a country paid WJC $750,000 for a speech as a part of a corrupt act involving HRC will be a painfully slow process.