SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
why was Clinton apparently receiving emails at a non-governmental email account? The address Blumenthal was writing to was hosted at the domain "clintonemail.com" which is privately registered via Network Solutions. It is most certainly not a governmental account.

And if, as it appears, Blumenthal's emails contained information that was classified, or ought to have been treated as such, it could be a major security breach for Clinton to have allowed it to be sent to her on an open account, rather than through networks the government has specifically established for the transmission of classified material

http://gawker.com/5991563/hack...ating-former-staffer

why is this interesting now ?

Because the article was written almost 3 years ago in March 2013.

Some slow turning wheels here.

adding: I made the same observation in this thread back in September 2015. Just amazes me this part of the story seems forgotten.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
why was Clinton apparently receiving emails at a non-governmental email account? The address Blumenthal was writing to was hosted at the domain "clintonemail.com" which is privately registered via Network Solutions. It is most certainly not a governmental account.

And if, as it appears, Blumenthal's emails contained information that was classified, or ought to have been treated as such, it could be a major security breach for Clinton to have allowed it to be sent to her on an open account, rather than through networks the government has specifically established for the transmission of classified material

What is Blumenthal doing with classified material? He wasn't a government employee and in fact had been specifically and expressly denied that status by the C-in-C.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

adding: I made the same observation in this thread back in September 2015. Just amazes me this part of the story seems forgotten.

For the same reason Ambassador Stevens was exchanging email with a guy trying to arrange an arms deal with Qatar using a non-fed.gov yahoo account?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31559 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The fact that HC was using a private email when she was Secretary of State came to light because a hacker got into Blumenthal's account.

That March 2013 article was just after Clinton had left the State Dept.

Evert time Clinton says her account was never hacked, someone should ask "what about all of your emails to/from Sid Blumenthal with the reports of former CIA member Tyler Drumheller ?"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:The FBI could also get a search warrant for what they want, and I assume that would be easier because there’s no need for a court case or grand jury hearing to be in progress. It might be harder to find what they want because I also assume that they’d have to dig it out of State’s records themselves. If, however, they threatened to seize all the computers in the building, that might encourage some cooperation in finding what they’re looking for.

originally posted by jallen;
Yes, and they would do that if it was a private business or individual, but to do that to another arm of government is seen as ungentlemanly, unsound, unnecessary, and in the past it has been.

I am not certain about the actual process, but I think every time I have heard of the FBI asking the court for a search warrant the DoJ was involved.
Certainly a cautious Judge is going to ask for DoJ involvement when the FBI asks for a broad search warrant for another Department such as State.
Physically recovering all of State's computers, servers, smart phones, Blackberries, etc. and trying to recover four year old information seems impossible to me. The State Department has 200,000 employees.

As for the delays, State originally told the Judges involved in the FOIA requests that they didn't have any emails, this turned out to be nearly true.

When the Benghazi Committee discovered the private emails, State was required to recover them from Hillary and turn them all over. It was at this point that Hillary stalled as long as she could.

What killed immediate turnover is what is killing Hillary; the classified emails.
State went back to the Judges with the very real problem of having to check every email for classified information. Since the identifiers were removed State had to find people who would recognize the information itself.
This is no easy task; Hillary evidently demanded access to everything and got it. The normal "need to know" seemed not to apply to Hillary.
State has to pass all suspect information around to other possible sources and do it very carefully, this SAP information is not to be shared, that is the whole problem.

The old Bitch and her accomplices have screwed the SAP process beyond recognition.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
I'll try to be brief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Evert time Clinton says her account was never hacked, someone should ask "what about all of your emails to/from Sid Blumenthal with the reports of former CIA member Tyler Drumheller ?"

That is easy. Hillary simply says, "I do not recall that."

Posts: 14298 | Location: Heart of Texas | Registered: April 14, 2005Report This Post
I'll try to be brief
posted Hide Post
quote:
The State Department has 200,000 employees.

That, or 200,000 on the payroll?

Posts: 14298 | Location: Heart of Texas | Registered: April 14, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://nypost.com/2016/01/24/h...ret-server-to-email/

The FBI is investigating whether members of Hillary Clinton’s inner circle “cut and pasted” material from the government’s classified network so that it could be sent to her private e-mail address, former State Department security officials say.

FBI agents are zeroing in on three of Clinton’s top department aides. Most of the Clinton e-mails deemed classified by intelligence agency reviewers were sent to her by her chief of staff Cheryl Mills or deputy chiefs Huma Abedin and Jake Sullivan.

posted Hide Post
This may be a stupid question or have been already answered but....wouldn't our POTUS at some time found a need to communicate with his Secretary of State via email?

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hillary simply says, "I do not recall that."

??

Blumenthal's account was hacked.

The emails that were hacked over 3 years ago have now been released as part of the State Dept Virtual Reading Room.

MSM is playing a really nasty game with the public. They are enabling HC to deceive. Just today Chuck Todd asked HC about the Charles McCullough letter (Intelligence Community Inspector General).

Clinton responded: I never sent or received any material marked “Classified.” I cannot control what the Republicans leak and what they are contending

Todd just let that answer stand w/o challenge. Her answer is total nonsense unless you are completely unfamiliar with the federal information classification process.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
wouldn't our POTUS at some time found a need to communicate with his Secretary of State via email?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10...ils-secret.html?_r=0

The White House will try to block the release of a handful of emails between President Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, citing longstanding precedent invoked by presidents of both parties to keep presidential communications confidential

The contents of the emails between Mrs. Clinton, who is running for president, and Mr. Obama have not been disclosed, but their presumed existence has not been a secret. The White House press secretary, Josh Earnest, acknowledged in March that the two “did have the occasion to email one another” when Mrs. Clinton was secretary of state.

Mr. Obama told CBS News in March that he learned about Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private email server “the same time everybody else learned it — through news reports.” Mr. Earnest later clarified that the president was aware that she sometimes used a private email address but did not know the details about how the server was set up.

White House officials said Friday that their refusal to release the emails between the two officials is not based on their content, but rather is intended to defend the principle that presidents must be free to receive advice from their top aides without fear that the conversations will be made public during their time in office. They noted the emails between Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton will eventually become public many years after the Obama presidency ends, under the terms of federal records laws.

posted Hide Post
Thanks sdy......that didn't work too good for Tricky Dick did it ?

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Ha! It would appear to me we have an ongoing game of "Mutual Assured Destruction" between POTUS and SecState perhaps?

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29788 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
I'll try to be brief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hillary simply says, "I do not recall that."

sdy--??
I guess sdy also either does not recall, or was not aware of, so many of Mrs. Clinton's replies during the Whitewater and related hearings, in which her answers to questions were either "I don't recall" or "I don't remember". Worked out for her then.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Ha! It would appear to me we have an ongoing game of "Mutual Assured Destruction" between POTUS and SecState perhaps?

I think the answer is "not necessarily". From the sounds of things, any prosecution against Hillary would have enough material without any emails between Hill and O to move forward. Unless Hillary wants to argue that O told her to use a private and unsecured server for State Department buisness, then it's hard to see how making emails between Hill and O public would help Hill's defense.

At the same time, Hillary's under the gun but O is not (yet?). If she tries to put any heat on him it's going to look like she's trying to muddy the waters and make it seem that "everybody does it so it's no big deal". There's no way for her to avoid creating that impression, whether she's actually got anything of substance to threaten O with or not. Since that's a tactic that Dems have used and abused with gay abandon for the last twenty or thirty years, going after O doesn't seem likely to gain her any traction with Democratic voters.

Hell, I forget the specific incidents, but she's had to step lightly on the campaign trail recently to avoid looking like she's being critical of O.

Even if she did have a way to drag O into a mess, O's in a much stronger defensive position than she is. The Presidency does come with an awful lot of slack in terms of what a sitting President can say or do, and why. It's good to be a coequal branch of government all by yourself. At the same time, there's a big difference in the way the government (and perhaps a jury, whether of the Senate or the President's peers) will treat the prospect of prosecuting a former Secretary of State (who would be expected to plead out anyway in the end) and prosecuting a sitting or former President. It ain't right or fair, but when it comes to the Presidency there's always quite a few somebodies who'll mumble interminably about "the best interests of the country".

Hillary attacking O may be good for Bill, but it can't possibly do her any good.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted document.write('<nobr>'+ myTimeZone('Sun, 24 Jan 2016 18:44:29 GMT-0800', 'January 24, 2016 08:44 PM')+'</nobr>');January 24, 2016 08:44 PMJanuary 24, 2016 08:44 PMHide Postquote:Originally posted by entropy:Ha! It would appear to me we have an ongoing game of "Mutual Assured Destruction" between POTUS and SecState perhaps?

Originally posted by Il Cattivo
I think the answer is "not necessarily". From the sounds of things, any prosecution against Hillary would have enough material without any emails between Hill and O to move forward. Unless Hillary wants to argue that O told her to use a private and unsecured server for State Department buisness, then it's hard to see how making emails between Hill and O public would help Hill's defense.

The Presidency does come with an awful lot of slack in terms of what a sitting President can say or do, and why.

Hillary attacking O may be good for Bill, but it can't possibly do her any good.

^^^ Good points in my view.

I think this is mostly a Red Herring, look folks over there; a squirrel.

I see no reason for BHO to ever send anything incriminating to HRC. He has minions he could have send, or he could have had her ass on the carpet inside an hour. His communications with her are bound to be face to face and private. If he wanted to get a message to her while she or he was traveling, he has secure methods of doing so.

The news that he sent emails to her private account is slightly embarrassing, but BHO caught in another lie is hardly news.

I would also be extremely surprised if the fact that Hillary was playing fast and loose with both security and Clinton Slush Fund contributions was news to BHO. Certainly someone ratted HRC out to BHO or his aides, many points to be made there.

I suspect any communications between BHO and HRC would be covered by Executive Privilege and by the time that worked it's way through the courts this affair would be long forgotten.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:

The FBI is investigating whether members of Hillary Clinton’s inner circle “cut and pasted” material from the government’s classified network so that it could be sent to her private e-mail address, former State Department security officials say.

FBI agents are zeroing in on three of Clinton’s top department aides. Most of the Clinton e-mails deemed classified by intelligence agency reviewers were sent to her by her chief of staff Cheryl Mills or deputy chiefs Huma Abedin and Jake Sullivan.

^^^This article is very damning! I hope the author's sources are good and credible!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
short video of HC spokesman Brian Fallon trying the "standard defense" to Jake Tapper.

didn't go over too well

https://youtu.be/7pjF_EEN-I8

Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ba'ah, they are going to be sacrificed for her glory. They willingly violated the air-gap between networks, likely printing hardcopy documents and retyping summaries into emails.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post