SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Good point FlashGuy, although I don't think Wiki would affect early voters one way or the other. They've pretty much decided. To that same point, I don't know of a single undecided voter. It's basically a black and white decision in this election.

Posts: 7592 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
That's because you weren't joking...

Link

Clinton: I don’t recall joking about droning Julian Assange

By Madeline Conway

10/04/16 06:19 PM EDT

Responding to unconfirmed allegations circulating on right-wing websites, Hillary Clinton said Tuesday that she does not remember ever joking about targeting the founder of WikiLeaks in a drone strike.

The conservative website True Pundit cited anonymous “State Department sources” in a report on Sunday to claim that Clinton in 2010 suggested to some staff members that the U.S. “drone” Julian Assange of WikiLeaks, whose website had embarrassed the U.S. when it published diplomatic cables, among other documents.

“Can’t we just drone this guy?” the website claimed Clinton had said.

WikiLeaks, an anti-secrecy organization that publishes documents from governments, corporations and other sources, tweeted out the quote from the True Pundit report on Monday. No mainstream news outlets have confirmed the claim.

“I don't recall any joke,” Clinton said, when asked about the allegations at a press conference in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, on Tuesday. “It would have been a joke, if it had been said, but I don't recall that.”

The same reporter also asked Clinton about Assange’s recent promise to soon release documents that could affect the November election. WikiLeaks published a series of internal Democratic National Committee communications that embarrassed the party on the eve of its July convention, and suggested there was more to come.

“Are you worried that there’s anything that could come out that would upend the race?” the reporter asked Clinton.

“Well, I don't know anything about what he’s talking about,” Clinton said, before responding to the drone comment allegations.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6861 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
quote:
That's because you weren't joking...
The Clintons know how to parse words.

1998: Clinton's Grand Jury testimony released
Bill Clinton's testimony about his relationship with a young female assistant has been released to the United States public.

The video of the American president's 17 August interview in front of the Grand Jury was taken to a television station at 0910 local time (1410 BST) and broadcast immediately by many US networks.

During the examination President Clinton was questioned by prosecutors about the exact nature of his affair with Monica Lewinsky - and whether he had previously lied under oath.

The president's defence against the accusations relied on elaborate definitions of certain words.

The interview was originally taped on the insistence of the investigating team for the benefit of a jury member who could not attend the hearing.

But members of the House of Representatives justified the release of the tape by saying the public had the right to see all the evidence of the Starr Report.

"It's not a pretty sight... But the key thing we've all got to focus on is what is the truth", said Charles Canady - a republican on the House Judicial Committee.

A visibly uncomfortable President Clinton was forced to defend previous statements about his affair with Miss Lewinsky by quibbling over the precise definition of his words.

It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is

President Clinton
In particular he said "sexual relations" did not to him mean "sexual intercourse" - which he denied having with the former White House intern.

Challenged later in the hearing, he argued the meaning of the smallest of words contained in one of his lawyers' statements.

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If 'is' means 'is and never has been' that's one thing - if it means 'there is none', that was a completely true statement," he said.

After facing the Grand Jury, the president now awaits the verdict of the American people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisda..._2525000/2525339.stm

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
FBI files reveal missing email 'boxes' in Clinton case, allegations of evidence tampering

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...dence-tampering.html

Buried in the 189 pages of heavily redacted FBI witness interviews from the Hillary Clinton email investigation are details of yet another mystery -- about two missing “bankers boxes” filled with the former secretary of state’s emails.

The interviews released earlier this month, known as 302s, also reveal the serious allegation that senior State Department official Patrick Kennedy applied pressure to subordinates to change the classified email codes so they would be shielded from Congress and the public.

The details about the boxes are contained in five pages of the FBI file – with a staggering 111 redactions – that summarize the statements of a State Department witness who worked in the “Office of Information Programs and Services (IPS)." The employee told the FBI that, “Initially, IPS officials were told there were 14 bankers boxes of former Secretary of State Hillary CLINTON’s emails at CLINTON’s Friendship Heights office.” Friendship Heights is a neighborhood that straddles the Northwest neighborhood of the District of Columbia and Maryland.

The State Department witness further explained to the FBI that “on or about December 5, 2014, IPS personnel picked up only 12 bankers boxes of CLINTON’s emails from Williams & Connolly.”

The officials were not sure if the boxes “were consolidated or what could have happened to the two other boxes. “

Clinton’s chief lawyer at Williams & Connolly, who leads all Clinton-related legal matters, is David Kendall. He has successfully represented Bill and Hillary Clinton together and separately throughout decades of their legal entanglements since the 1980’s, ranging from the former president’s sex scandals to missing billing records for Hillary Clinton’s work as a partner in The Rose Law Firm on behalf of the failed Madison Guaranty Savings and Loan and Capital Management Services.

In the documents provided by Kendall’s law firm, the witness told the FBI they were “unable to locate any of her emails from January-April 2009.” This timeframe is crucial as it covers the start of Clinton’s term as secretary of state and when she set up a private server for all government business, in turn skirting public records laws.

In the same Aug. 18, 2015, interview, on page 42, the State Department witness also told the FBI there was a deliberate effort to change sensitive Clinton emails bearing the “B(1)” code -- used in the Freedom of Information Act review process to identify classified information -- to the category of “B-5.” That category covers Executive Branch deliberations, “interagency or intra-agency communications including attorney client privileges,” and makes material exempt from public release.

Over five pages of the single-spaced summary notes, the witness, whose name is redacted, alleges Clinton’s team which included Undersecretary for Management Patrick Kennedy played classification games to confuse and obfuscate the formal FOIA review process.

“(Redacted) believed there was interference with the formal FOIA review process. Specifically, STATE’s Near East Affairs Bureau upgraded several of CLINTON’s emails to a classified level with a B(1) release exemption. (Redacted) along with (redacted) attorney, Office of Legal Counsel called STATE's Near East Affairs Bureau and told them they could use a B(5) exemption on an upgraded email to protect it instead of the B(1) exemption."

In early May 2015, the witness reported, "… KENNEDY held a closed-door meeting with (redacted) and (redacted) DOJ's Office of Information Programs where KENNEDY pointedly asked (redacted) to change the FBI's classification determination regarding one of CLINTON's emails, which the FBI considered classified. The email was related to FBI counter-terrorism operations.”

This appears to be one of two emails that kick-started the FBI probe in the summer of 2015. Fox News first identified the two emails containing classified information as well as sensitive law enforcement information sent by Clinton aides Huma Abedin and Jake Sullivan to Clinton’s unsecured server.

State Department spokesman John Kirby consistently has stated the majority of the 2,100 Clinton server emails containing classified information were "retroactively classified" and not classified at the time they were sent and received. But that explanation is disputed by seasoned intelligence officials. Even the State Department witness cast doubt on the claim in the FBI interview:

"(Redacted) heard the argument that some of CLINTON'S emails were unclassified back in the 2009-2012 timeframe when they were initiated, but were later classified due to various circumstances. It was very rare for something that was actually unclassified to become classified years after the fact."

Asked this week about the FBI 302 and the claims Kennedy, one of the department's most senior executives, tampered with the FOIA review process, State Department spokesman Elizabeth Trudeau said they "strongly refute those claims."

She added, "The department has complete confidence that the … attorneys performed the highest professional and ethical standards, including, with connection, with the review and release of Secretary Clinton's emails."

Kennedy, in his FBI interview on Dec. 21, 2015, “categorically rejected” the allegations of classified code tampering. While the section is partially redacted, it appears the FBI asked Kennedy about the credibility of the accusing witness. He said she “says it like it is” and has “no fear of telling truth to power.”

The conflicting statements indicate either the junior State Department employee or Kennedy misled or lied to federal agents which can be a criminal offense.

Fox News first reported on the intelligence community’s deep concerns that the process was tampered with, as lawyers with Clinton ties were alleged to be involved at the State Department.

Fox News was told in August 2015 that Kennedy was running interference on Capitol Hill. Two sources confirmed that Kennedy went to Capitol Hill and argued one of the emails that kick-started the probe did not contain classified material, citing a 2011 Irish Times newspaper report to claim the information was already public.

According to congressional testimony, at least one of the lawyers in the office where the changes were made is Catherine “Kate” Duval, who was at the IRS during the Lois Lerner email scandal and later handled the release of documents to the Benghazi congressional committee.

Duval once worked for the same firm as Kendall and has since left the State Department.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Comey's on it. Relax.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Well, it looks like the FBI agents are finally coming out of the woodwork!

FBI agents are ready to revolt over the cozy Clinton probe

Veteran FBI agents say FBI Director James Comey has permanently damaged the bureau’s reputation for uncompromising investigations with his “cowardly” whitewash of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified information using an unauthorized private email server.

Feeling the heat from congressional critics, Comey last week argued that the case was investigated by career FBI agents, “So if I blew it, they blew it, too.”

But agents say Comey tied investigators’ hands by agreeing to unheard-of ground rules and other demands by the lawyers for Clinton and her aides that limited their investigation.

“In my 25 years with the bureau, I never had any ground rules in my interviews,” said retired agent Dennis V. Hughes, the first chief of the FBI’s computer investigations unit.

Instead of going to prosecutors and insisting on using grand jury leverage to compel testimony and seize evidence, Comey allowed immunity for several key witnesses, including potential targets.

The immunity agreements came with outrageous side deals, including preventing agents from searching for any documents on a Dell laptop owned by former Clinton chief of staff Cheryl Mills generated after Jan. 31, 2015, when she communicated with the server administrator who destroyed subpoenaed emails.

Comey also agreed to have Mills’ laptop destroyed after the restricted search, denying Congress the chance to look at it and making the FBI an accomplice to the destruction of evidence.

Comey’s immunized witnesses nonetheless suffered chronic lapses in memory, made unsubstantiated claims of attorney-client privilege upon tougher questioning and at least two gave demonstrably false statements. And yet Comey indulged it all.

What’s more, Comey cut a deal to give Clinton a “voluntary” witness interview on a major holiday, and even let her ex-chief of staff sit in on the interview as a lawyer, even though she, too, was under investigation.

Clinton’s interview, the culmination of a yearlong investigation, lasted just 3½ hours. Despite some 40 bouts of amnesia, she wasn’t called back for questioning; and three days later, Comey cleared her of criminal wrongdoing.

“The FBI has politicized itself, and its reputation will suffer for a long time,” Hughes said. “I hold Director Comey responsible.”

Agreed retired FBI agent Michael M. Biasello: “Comey has singlehandedly ruined the reputation of the organization.”

The accommodations afforded Clinton and her aides are “unprecedented,” Biasello added, “which is another way of saying this outcome was by design.” He called Comey’s decision not to seek charges “cowardly.”

“Each month for 27 years, I received oral and computer admonishments concerning the proper protocol for handling top secret and other classified material, and was informed of the harsh penalties, to include prosecution and incarceration,” for mishandling such material, he pointed out. “Had myself or my colleagues engaged in behavior of the magnitude of Hillary Clinton, as described by Comey, we would be serving time in Leavenworth.”

Former FBI official I.C. Smith knows a thing or two about Clinton corruption. After working at FBI headquarters as a section chief in the National Security Division, he retired as special agent in charge of the Little Rock, Ark., field office, where he investigated top Clinton fundraisers for public corruption and even Chinese espionage.

“FBI agents upset with Comey’s decision have every reason to feel that way,” Smith said. “Clearly there was a different standard applied to Clinton.”

“I have no doubt resourceful prosecutors and FBI agents could have come up with some charge that she would have been subject to prosecution,” the 25-year veteran added. “What she did is absolutely abhorrent for anyone who has access to classified information.”

Smith said Congress should subpoena the case’s agents to testify about the direction they received from Comey and their supervisors: “It would be interesting to see what the results would be if those involved with the investigation were questioned under oath.”

Comey made the 25 agents who worked on the case sign nondisclosure agreements. But others say morale has sunk inside the bureau.

“The director is giving the bureau a bad rap with all the gaps in the investigation,” one agent in the Washington field office said. “There’s a perception that the FBI has been politicized and let down the country.”

Comey has turned a once-proud institution known for its independence into one that bows to election pressure, hands out political immunity to candidates and effectively pardons their co-conspirators. He’s turned the FBI into the Federal Bureau of Immunity and lost the trust and respect of not only his agents but the country at large. He ought to step down.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/06/f...-cozy-clinton-probe/

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
It's about time!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7104 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Comey made the 25 agents who worked on the case sign nondisclosure agreements. But others say morale has sunk inside the bureau.

If I see 1 of these 25 "agents" anonymously interviewed on 60 minutes/MSM I might believe it's got some traction. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it's too little too late.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6252 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
I honestly can not wait until we as American's are able to take back our great country from the clutches of evil. I think at this point we all should know who that entails. The present government must be purged at the ballot box.

The Clinton's and their minions must never attain power again.

Vote Trump.

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Report This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Any this will be absolutely shocking as well Roll Eyes

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...5a8k&ocid=spartanntp

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
FWIW, last night Bill O'Reilly was calling for a special prosecutor to look into the DOJ and FBI with respect to the email and IRS scandals/investigations/cover ups. He's been reluctant to really call the administration out to this point, but in the wake of the recent Wall Street Journal investigative stories and the stuff being uncovered by Judicial Watch, the corruption is becoming obvious even to people like him and pressure is really building.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
FWIW, last night Bill O'Reilly was calling for a special prosecutor to look into the DOJ and FBI with respect to the email and IRS scandals/investigations/cover ups. He's been reluctant to really call the administration out to this point, but in the wake of the recent Wall Street Journal investigative stories and the stuff being uncovered by Judicial Watch, the corruption is becoming obvious even to people like him and pressure is really building.

Gee, Ol' Bill is finally getting a bit of a clue is he?
Whaddya think was the spark that lit the flame in ol' Bills cranium? Was it after the 100th time she got caught in a blatant lie or was it the 500th?
Or maybe it was that it is painfully obvious that Hillary had Comey jumping around like a one legged cat trying to bury shit on a frozen pond making sure she don't get any shit on her in the process.
Ya can't get nothin' past that Bil O'Reilly I tell ya!

Maybe he will opine or say something pithy. He's a jack ass fool and him calling for a special prosecutor is laughable.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8556 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
and three days later, Comey cleared her of criminal wrongdoing.

This always stood out like a sore thumb- You couldn't fact check or verify anything she said in those 3 days. It was a National Holiday over 3 day weekend.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13423 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
Any this will be absolutely shocking as well Roll Eyes

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...5a8k&ocid=spartanntp

BOSS

Well, since it was learned that OBOZO used a "code name" to email her. you know whose ass was being covered by LOW-retta and Comey, her boy.

This administration is insulting to the word "crooked".

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20345 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Hilldebeast must be scared, releasing this Trump video now to keep all this from being news

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10740 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:

Gee, Ol' Bill is finally getting a bit of a clue is he?
Whaddya think was the spark that lit the flame in ol' Bills cranium? Was it after the 100th time she got caught in a blatant lie or was it the 500th?
Or maybe it was that it is painfully obvious that Hillary had Comey jumping around like a one legged cat trying to bury shit on a frozen pond making sure she don't get any shit on her in the process.
Ya can't get nothin' past that Bil O'Reilly I tell ya!

Maybe he will opine or say something pithy. He's a jack ass fool and him calling for a special prosecutor is laughable.

I don't disagree, but like it or not, he has a large audience of viewers with an array of ideologies, and as a result, some amount of clout. It bolsters your comments, but last night he said he thought Bill Clinton was a "good president". Roll Eyes Do statements like that give O'Reilly more gravitas among independents and moderates who still view Clinton favorably when he points to the corruption in the current administration and calls for a special prosecutor? Who knows?

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Report This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
This issue, including the FBI fallout, needs to be a MAJOR talking point in the upcoming debates.

DT needs to not let her simply make hallow apology and use the bureau's special treatment of her slide. This is a very current, and very hot topic going on RIGHT now. It needs to be brought to the forefront of people's attention. The next time she tries offer some petty apology of how she made a mistake, he needs to call her on it. 'So you admit you risked national security and broke the law....????'. I hear DT doesn't like learning facts a figures for debates, but he should have some on this topic... I think this topic alone could really be her Achilles heel if he does it right. It really overshadows all his relatively trivia missteps.

You can apologize for some decade old 'locker room' talk (let the first who's never done it in some form or fashion, to some degree cast the first stone Roll Eyes)...not so with epic screw ups the national security and coverups.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, concerning "locker room talk" I could cast a stone--but I choose not to. There are much more important issues at risk and I want Trump as President.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
God i hope that evil bitch loses

Posts: 3379 | Registered: December 06, 2006Report This Post