SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stolen Q400 from Sea-Tac
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stolen Q400 from Sea-Tac Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
I flew WWII bombers into burning canyons, researched thunderstorms in jet aircraft, hauled organs and victims spurting blood, chased insurgents in Iraq, and hauled weapons, supplies and aircraft loads of cash into short African airfields...

....I was called for an organ recovery flight on 09/11; we were unable to harvest the heart. I watched

May I ask how old you are? That's a super long career flying, wow, 60 or so years as a pilot from WWII to 9-11. Do you still fly now?

Your bullshit meter went off and mine did as well. I hope I'm wrong and if the poster responds with an adequate description of his lengthy career in the aviation industry than I'll just say 'cool'.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Geez guppy. You left out the fact that you were once in a 4G negative dive, inverted, with a MIG 29...and gave them the bird.

Maverick?
Jason Bourne?
Rambo?

Just who are you?

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

Probably would have had better clarity if guppy had written "WWII-era" bombers..."era" being the operative word.

Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I Took it as meaning he flew some old WW2 bombers for something or other...not that he was flying them in World War 2.

Anyway back to the topic, this pilot dude that stole the plane be trippin yo! I’m glad he didn’t decide to take others with him. I guess As Frank Sinatra would say, he did it his way.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I had no idea what a "Q400" was before I opened this thread. But, I am not as offended by every little thing as some are, nor do I get paid a nickel for every "rolls eyes" that I use as it appears that some people do.

I just opened the thread, started reading and figured it out for myself. And wasn't offended. Some people look at everything to find something to be offended by.

How did you interpret simply asking for some reasonable clarity in a thread title to people being offended?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I had no idea what a "Q400" was before I opened this thread. But, I am not as offended by every little thing as some are, nor do I get paid a nickel for every "rolls eyes" that I use as it appears that some people do.

I just opened the thread, started reading and figured it out for myself. And wasn't offended. Some people look at everything to find something to be offended by.

How did you interpret simply asking for some reasonable clarity in a thread title to people being offended?

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

No kidding. It's the same thing with some and their ridiculous, obscure acronyms. Roll Eyes

Beyond annoying.

Then what is beyond annoying? Slighted? Offended? Irritated?

I think 'offended' was Jones' WAG on your level of constipation, I mean consternation.

Seemed reasonable to me as well. Especially with the Roll Eyes included for effect.

TTYL, LMFAO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
I flew WWII bombers into burning canyons, researched thunderstorms in jet aircraft, hauled organs and victims spurting blood, chased insurgents in Iraq, and hauled weapons, supplies and aircraft loads of cash into short African airfields...

....I was called for an organ recovery flight on 09/11; we were unable to harvest the heart. I watched

May I ask how old you are? That's a super long career flying, wow, 60 or so years as a pilot from WWII to 9-11. Do you still fly now?

Nah, he said he flew WWII bombers into burning canyons. That means he did aerial firefighting with an old airplane, not that he was flying in WWII. Still sounds like a long (and very interesting) flying career, but not that long.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Guys, please don’t get this thread locked and please stay on topic.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
Guys, please don’t get this thread locked and please stay on topic.

You're right. I've deleted my response.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Makes sense. Why can't they require a key or a code to start a plane?

"Climb into the cockpit of a plane and start it up. It’s as simple as flicking a switch.

“They don’t necessarily use a key so there’s a switch that they use to start the aircraft,” National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) official Debra Eckrote said Saturday as she briefed reporters on the theft of a Horizon Air Q400 by a “suicidal” airline employee who crashed it into a remote island in Washington State after a 90-minute fight."

'Suicidal' airline employee plane theft started with flick of a switch, officials say

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
'Suicidal' airline employee plane theft started with flick of a switch, officials say

I seem to recall a helicopter on display that was started by a child who was allowed to sit unsupervised in the pilot's seat. Apparently the power should have been cut, and wasn't, but an "auto start" button told the computer to go through all of the other motions to start it up.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The conspiracy theories will soon start coming out of the woodwork:

"The plane was actually shot down by the pursuing F-15's"
"The pilot was under the influence of Government mind control waves"
"The pilot was D.B. Cooper's son"

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dawes:

Oh, they're already in full swing.

Apparently there's either eyewitness testimony or some cell phone footage of one of the F-15s lining up behind the plane, and then one of the plane's engines catching on fire, and the plane nosing down and crashing.

Which the tinfoil hat crowd is claiming as evidence that the F-15s shot it down.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not true. The pilot WAS D.B. Cooper. And he bailed out when the F-15 pilots weren't looking. I'm certain the military will suppress any record of this...just because...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Oh, they're already in full swing.

Apparently there's either eyewitness testimony or some cell phone footage of one of the F-15s lining up behind the plane, and then one of the plane's engines catching on fire, and the plane nosing down and crashing.

Which the tinfoil hat crowd is claiming as evidence that the F-15s shot it down.

Even if that were true, wouldn't it be completely justified? If anything, he probably should've been shot down sooner I should think.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:

"The pilot was under the influence of Government mind control waves"

It was Qanon attempting a new "drop"

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'd have zero fucks if they shot this guy down.

Stolen airplane? Check.

Erratic maneuvering? Check.

Danger to the public? Check.

Heck, he likely would have crashed it attempting to land, so him crashing likely saved lives (and the same would be true if he was shot down, which I have seen no evidence of being the case).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I'm curious if the F-15s were armed.

The guys in Portland sit Air Defense alert, so not much point in them being on alert and ready to launch if they are not armed.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
quote:

The guys in Portland sit Air Defense alert, so not much point in them being on alert and ready to launch if they are not armed.

I only ask because I was walking through BWI about two weeks after 9/11 and there were military in BDUs with weapons everywhere in the airport. Only problem was, none of them had any ammo. Not one of the probably 100 or so I saw that afternoon were carrying any ammo for their weapons.

So, nothing would surprise me anymore.

I hope times have changed and those guys were loaded for bear.

And, I agree, if they did shoot him down I have no problem with it.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
quote:

I only ask because I was walking through BWI about two weeks after 9/11 and there were military in BDUs with weapons everywhere in the airport. Only problem was, none of them had any ammo. Not one of the probably 100 or so I saw that afternoon were carrying any ammo for their weapons.

So, nothing would surprise me anymore.

I hope times have changed and those guys were loaded for bear.

And, I agree, if they did shoot him down I have no problem with it.

If you look at the link I posted of the F15 taking off, you can see it is well armed.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post