SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I know Olive Garden restaurants are overrated, but they bottle and sell their salad dressings at supermarkets. I picked up a bottle of the parmesan ranch, and it is pretty good.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I know Olive Garden restaurants are overrated, but they bottle and sell their salad dressings at supermarkets. I picked up a bottle of the parmesan ranch, and it is pretty good.

Agreed. We enjoy that parmesan ranch.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

This is information that I was unaware of, thanks for that!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I think I was in Junior High School when I took Hunters Education. My Dad was kind enough to take it with me. He didn't have to due to the law stating he was born before a certain year, but was planning to go bear hunting in Canada some day and had to have Hunters Education in order to get his permit there. He had been hunting his whole but he really enjoyed class. For me taking with your Dad when you are 14 made it better. One night the class was on survival in the wilderness. One lady in our class was taking it with her Son. She was the Secretary for the Enforcement Division of the Game & Fish Department and knew many of the guest instructors. He was talking about what to take with you for kindling in a pack to start a fire and said steel wool was lightweight and easy compact and a very good choice. This lady was floored and could not believe that steel wool would burn. She said it is metal and that doesn't burn! She would not believe any thing the Instructor or the other adults in the class told her how it would.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Is there really a correlation between certain names and the chances that they tend to commit crimes more than people with other names?

I read somewhere that Wayne tends to be one of those names. True or just an urban myth?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be a grandpa again.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Congratulations! That's not a nothing thing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Congratulations! That's not a nothing thing.

Thanks! I’m stoked but it’s so random I figured it should be the random thread. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they sell the nacho cheese from Taco Bell. I really like that stuff.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reduced Sodium SPAM sizzling in bacon drippings, two eggs, toast and butter.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad this thread is here...

I have a "wanna post this / get it off my chest" story...but it's certainly not worth creating a thread.

Had an accident happen 50yrds in front of us last night. Wife was driving, in the dark and in pretty heavy rain, and coming to a stop at a red light (we were the 2nd car back). 3 lanes at the intersection...left only, straight, and right only...crossing a divided 55mph highway.

Guy turning left in a Ford Focus jumped the gun (I think) and got creamed by a Nissan Titan crossing the intersection. Hit him on the drivers fender, basically. The Focus got pushed back 30ft and kinda swerved, and came to a stop right next to us in the right-only turn lane (it was like he backed in there to park).

I missed seeing the actual hit, but once I figured out what just happened (after that little moment of disbelief), I jumped out to help the Focus driver (while my wife called 911). His door was mangled, and I half expected to find a dead guy in the drivers seat. What I found was a mid-30's guy just screaming. After maybe 20 seconds, I got him to stop screaming and tell me what was hurt (I really thought both his legs were crushed / pinned)...and he just started yelling again and said "my fucking leg that's already broken". I could then see in the passenger seat a set of crutches.

Decided I needed to get a better look, so I pulled the door back / bent it out of the way and could see his lower half - Left leg in a boot, clearly the previously broken leg he was wailing about. He was jammed into the steering wheel, so I leaned the seat all the way back to give him some room. He kept yelling "I really don't need this right now" between screams. At that point, another lady came up behind me and said "may I take over, I'm a nurse". So I got out of the way to find a local police officer (likely headed to work, this should have been county jurisdiction) had just pulled up behind us. Perfect timing on both the cop and the nurse. Several others were there helping, too...checking on the other driver.

None of us could hear too well, as the Titan's horn was stuck on, just 10 feet away. So I grabbed my pocket knife and cut the horn wires.

At that point, I couldn't be of any real help - The professionals had taken over - So I jumped back into my truck, soaking wet, and we headed home.

Anyway, it's kind of haunting me...mainly the guy screaming "I really don't need this right now". He was clearly hurt, but surprisingly unharmed considering the condition of that little car. I just wonder what else that poor bastard has going on in his life that is worse that what he was going through right then.

Thanks for reading - I needed to type it out. Couldn't recount the details to my wife with my 2 little girls in the truck, listening in.

- Brian

--------------------
||| P226R (.40) ||| P6 ||| P320 X5 ||| SP2022 (.40) |||

Posts: 411 | Location: Northeast Florida | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Orion -- thank you for jumping in to help.

I always think, "I could have been the guy who was hurt," it is good to know that there are people out there who are willing to do whatever they can.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30646 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Stroopwafels Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16190 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
My salad had a piece of lettuce shaped like Louisiana. I started looking for other states. I found Kentucky and West Virginia.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I never thought I’d live to be this old...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
My salad had a piece of lettuce shaped like Louisiana. I started looking for other states. I found Kentucky and West Virginia.

My salad had a thousand islands.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16318 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
His basic premise is extremely European, and, from my American perspective, flawed. No, the government should not have a monopoly on violence. If it actually worked that way, there wouldn't the attacks we've seen in Paris and London, and even over here, the gangs and cartels. Boom, failed premise. The government cannot control all violence without totally suppressing the people. That's something I'd never be in favor of.

I think our model works better, which was built on, and moving back towards the concept of "an armed society is a polite society."

But I choose the gun for my defense for the roughly 60% of his talk that I agreed with: It's a tool that helps prevent people from making me a victim. It's kinda sad the way he frames his argument, because he makes so many good points that undermine the shaky foundation he built them upon. This is what it looks like when a (semi-reformed) European hoplophobe tries to convince other intellectual peers that guns are necessary. Yes, his father shot at Nazis, and yes, he has led troops in combat (taking him at his word), but from his attitude and his words, it didn't feel to me like it was at all a strong argument for anything other than "the government should have guns, no matter how scary you think it is." It's equally rousing and depressing. It's as if he doesn't realize that if the government in Germany hadn't consolidated their power over violence in their country that his wouldn't have been invaded and his father wouldn't have had to be anything other than a farmer and wouldn't have lamented about not killing the troops he shot at across the river ( Roll Eyes).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post