SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I've been listening to a podcast "Barrowed future about paying for college. We are a little behind in saving for 2 kids getting close to going to high school.

Friday night we received our daughters PSAT score. She scored in the 99th percentile. The PSAT is out of 1400 not 1600 like the SAT. She scored 1200. Georgia has multiple academic scholarships, feeling better.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
What would be the equivalent of 400 horsepower, but in terms of ducks?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Roughly 120,000 ducks

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I've been listening to a podcast "Barrowed future about paying for college. We are a little behind in saving for 2 kids getting close to going to high school.

Friday night we received our daughters PSAT score. She scored in the 99th percentile. The PSAT is out of 1400 not 1600 like the SAT. She scored 1200. Georgia has multiple academic scholarships, feeling better.
Firm believer if your kid doesn't rock high school and the SAT/ACT, they should start at community college.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:

Roughly 120,000 ducks

I was thinking around 85000 ducks, but my calculations are probably off.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:

You forgot to carry the quacks. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Premix oil: $4.79
Two gallons of gas: $4.39

Watching your show shoveling neighbors stare on in befuddlement as you fire up your stihl leaf blower and clean your entire driveway and cars completely bare of snow in fifteen minutes: Priceless!

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I cut down my 11-87 today, to an 18.1" barrel, to stay legal, and 12.5" LOP (it is pretty badass btw, got a mag extension too, for 6 +1). Then opened the Sept 2019 American Rifleman, review of the new Remingtom V3 Tac 13, LOL, sucker is also a semiauto like my 11-87, but has a 13" barrel and total length of 26.5". These laws make a lotta sense!

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I had thawed out a package of smoked pork last night. Today I had a really good pulled pork sandwich, for lunch, and watched it snow.

Life is good.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall a tv show that was very popular about nothing.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Tonight my 16 year old son and I decided we are going to attend a Superbowl in 5 years. We are going to open a savings account and figure out how much we need to save together to cover air/hotel/food/tickets for the game.

For us anyway, this will be a once in a lifetime event, pretty excited to share this with him.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Wife picked that as our first dance at our wedding. Pretty cool Big Grin

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:

Roughly 120,000 ducks

European or African? Oh never mind.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Premix oil: $4.79
Two gallons of gas: $4.39

I have gone to VP performance fuel. Non ethanol 94 octane, $17 gallon and not one issue with any of my two stroke tools. Also going to put a cap full in mowers and other gas units that will not be used during the winter months or the snowblower during summertime. I am very happy with the results.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Why would the engineer for my 2003 Honda Civic design it so the oil filter is tilted down over the oil pan and shaft?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have gone to VP performance fuel.

I use the Stihl powerpsorts fuel. That shit is awesome and makes the exhaust smell good.

I often wish I could travel back in time to the day some asshat painted all of the woodwork in my house. Mahogany, douglas fir, and quarter sawn oak. Didn't matter, they covered it all in lead based OR green. I'd love to just slap the shit out of him.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
If you have a bathroom in your house that does not get used, make sure to run the water in each sink/stool/shower to prevent the water in the p-trap from evaporating.

Doing so will keep the sewer gasses in the sewer and not in your house.

You don't have to worry about the 'stool' / toilet it in itself is the 'P'trap and as long as there is water int he bowl you are good...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, corn and King's Hawaiian rolls.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, corn and King's Hawaiian rolls.

What time? Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I love to ride my motorcycle. I'll ride year round. Riding in the winter is just not as fun. I miss summer in the Rockies.

That, and screw a bunch of working for a living. I'm tired of that shit.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post