SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
10 years ago at 65 I had rotator cuff repair requiring significant bone removal. Extensive physical therapy was only partially effective in restoring full movement.

Now some 10 years later, I started a general home physical therapy routine for health maintenance & viola, I have made substantial movement improvement over professional guidance in shoulder movement.

I am pleased....

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Doing nothing at work and getting paid for it. I was on vacation during a computer upgrade and none of my info transferred. Really, I would rather be working than waiting on IT to update

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Last exam for my first semester of nursing school. It’s been a eye opening 4 months after a 30 year break!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
18:30

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Here's my contribution not worth starting a "What's you deal" thread.

Washed my car today, went for a spin to fling most of the water off before I dried it. They happened to salt the road for no reason. 55 degrees out, no rain expected for two more days, no below freezing temps for the next three days.

WTF VDOT? Why are you wasting my money putting salt down and wasting my efforts at cleaning my car. Well off to go take my car to car wash so I can get under body wash. Frown

Looks like they may have done the number on my 1992 Buick Roadmaster with only 80K miles and like new. The brake line rusted through and the threads on the Bosch anti-brake module seem to be metric instead of American.

There were two salt trucks going side by side up Afton Mountain with traffic backed up and I was behind one of the trucks. It wasn't safe to pull over.

The wheels were frozen to the hub two years in a row and the brake drums wouldn't come off three years in a row. It seems to have an emulsifier in the mix since it will not was off effectively.

Most people do not know what liquid salt is. The temperature can get to 22 degrees before freezing and it is more effective and doesn't blow off the road like rock salt. You can see the white lines in the road.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I slipped on the ice and knocked myself out the other day. Woke up in the driveway flat on my back.

Big Grin Big Grin Pictures or it didn't happen!

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

I gotta day ... I LOVE this thread!!!

I think the way a vehicle turns off a headlight on the side the blinker is being used on is the dumbest damn thing I’ve ever seen!!!

Thank you, and have a nice day!

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Winter sucks!

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I could care less about nothing. Sometimes I couldn't.
Ho Ho Ho Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I slipped on the ice and knocked myself out the other day. Woke up in the driveway flat on my back.

Big Grin Big Grin Pictures or it didn't happen!

LOL I was thinking how glad I am there were no pics. It would be a youtube viral sensation.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
If you don't know what you're doing, don't assume the individual in charge of the department in which you're shopping at your local big box store knows any more than you do, and won't lead you astray.

That is all.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the grocery store to get some holiday season oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, etc. Couldn't get those little baggie things on the dispenser to open so I could bag fruit to purchase them. The trip was fruitless.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I went to the grocery store to get some holiday season oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, etc. Couldn't get those little baggie things on the dispenser to open so I could bag fruit to purchase them. The trip was fruitless.
Wetting your thumb and forefinger does make it easier to open those bags, I have found.

My Handyman was just here to clean leaves off my garage roof, and while up there put in place Phase 4 of my Christmas lights. We still have several phases to go--hopefully this week.

I dressed as Santa Clause for a performance of a little chorus at a local church last night. It went well. (No pictures, unfortunately.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Thanks, Santa! I'll try that tomorrow. Every other trick I knew failed, on three different bag dispensers.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Gladiator is a GREAT movie.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I like diced dill pickles on my tacos; it was a family thing. Didnt know it wasnt normal until 8th grade.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I have an old friend visiting. An economist from South Africa, we were good friends when I studied in Berlin > 50 years ago.
He is without doubt the least tech-savvy person I have ever known.
I tried to sign him in to the Skype app on his Android phone, per his sister's request so they can talk and text cheaply.
His response: "What does sign in mean?"

I'm still stupefied.
What does he know about modern tech. NUFFIN.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Keanu Reeves is a national treasure and we are all better off to be living in a world with him.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post