SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... 620
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
From the "however you slice it, the border is a problem in New York City" file =

Migrants Abandon NYC For Canada With Taxpayer-Funded Bus Tickets (New York Post, 2/5/203)

http://nypost.com/2023/02/05/m...-funded-bus-tickets/

The Post is a New York City paper, so maybe it makes sense that they thought the heart of the story was:

"Disgruntled migrants fed up with the Big Apple's crime and grime are taking off to the Great White North - on bus rides paid for by New York taxpayers, the Post has learned. National Guard soldiers have been helping distribute tickets at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan to migrants who want to head upstate before crossing into Canada, several migrants said.

Venezuelan native Raymond Pena and his family arrived at a gas-station bus stop in Plattsburgh, NY - about 20 miles south of the Canadian border - at 4 a.m. Sunday. "The military gave me and my family free bus tickets," Pena said. "I am going to Canada for a better quality of life for my family."

I guess I can understand it - for an illegal with his family to up and leave New York City because of the crappy quality of life and lack of opportunity there has to be a real blow since New York City's insisted that quality of life and opportunity are its hallmarks for well over a century. But barring the guy's assumption that "the military" gave him a bus ticket (if you've ever lived in Latin America, you probably understand his confusion), there's something else that really sticks out to me: New York City, the big-hearted, love-all-immigrants "don't border wall me, bro" metropolis of sensitivity...is providing free bus tickets to get rid of a bunch of impoverished Latin American "refugees" by sloughing them off on Canada.

Something tells me that not all Dems are thrilled with the way Uncah Ho is handling the southern border, and I certainly hope this comes up over and over again between now and November, 2024.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Kamala may be the first to get jettisoned. The Donkeys are disappointed that she hasn't really "risen" to the challenge of being Veep (and never mind why they went with an unpromising, relatively unknown candidate with no real relevant experience3 in the first place). Even those she thinks are willing vocal supporters of her are quietly "voicing their disappointment" in her.

Then again, if Uncah Joe throws Kamala under the bus in a bid to ensure he's renominated for '24, wouldn't that weaken his position with Black voters? Maybe that's what has started the whispering campaign against Kamala now, since, basically, she's been pretty much invisible (barring the odd cringe-worthy speech) since she squatted in the Naval Observatory.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/kama...e-her-130040050.html

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
The Donkeys are disappointed that she hasn't really "risen" to the challenge of being Veep

I'm not convinced they ever expected her to rise to the challenge. IMO, she was put there because she identified as black, she's female, and she is in no way possible ready to take over the reigns should Joe be run out of town. In that last regard, you could say that she was put in that place for the same reason Biden was (so nobody would think of getting rid of Hadji). She was Bidened.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Anyone planning on watching the SOTU?

I just can’t do it with this decrepit fool.

Watched every Obama SOTU even though I couldn’t stand that guy but I just can’t watch this phony act like he’s in charge when he clearly is not.

If anyone wants some entertainment from a bunch of likeminded people like us here head on over to ZeroHedge and watch the comments section on the SOTU livestream. It’s gold Jerry…GOLD!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Not me. I can't watch that MF'er stand there and lie.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the gaffs will be on You Tube next day. Only part of that shit show worth watching. It'll be good entertainment.

Awake not woke

Posts: 566 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I wonder if McCarthy will do a 'Pelosi' with Biden's speech?

That would be a good use of Karma. Of course, I'm pretty sure he hasn't got either her cojones or thick enough skin.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The GOP rebuttal will be from Governor Sanders of Arkansas, and that's beautiful. Remember how the leftists in government and the press treated her when she was President Trump's press secretary? And now she's a state governor and will be throwing President Grandpa's shit back at him.

Now that will be worth watching and it will be worth taking in the comments on MSNBC, CNN et al after the fact.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I can’t stomach listening to his BS lies. So no I won’t be watching the SOTU. I’d rather take a 4” grinder to my ball sack.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...-legal-defense-fund/

Hunter Biden’s allies have held initial discussions about creating a legal-defense fund to pay for a growing team of attorneys that is helping him confront both a years-long federal tax investigation and a host of new congressional inquiries, according to people familiar with the matter.

The effort has been triggered by Hunter Biden’s struggles to pay his mounting legal bills amid increasingly stretched resources and his pursuit of a new, aggressive legal strategy, the people said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive subject.

A constellation of lawyers have worked for Biden over the years, and he continues to add new ones as he prepares to confront the investigations that House Republicans are starting to pursue.

It’s unclear exactly how much the president’s son owes in legal fees, in part because some of the bills were expected to be discounted or treated as pro bono work. But three people familiar with his situation estimate his current legal debt at well into the millions of dollars, and the figure is likely to grow as he faces additional congressional investigations.

internal disagreements have broken out among Hunter Biden’s legal team, particularly over how aggressive to be amid looming congressional investigations. Those close to President Biden and the White House have preferred a more conservative approach that makes few public waves, while some close to Hunter Biden want to be more assertive in telling his side of the story.

Hunter Biden has paid the IRS more than $1 million in back taxes, using a loan that came from Morris.

Republicans have also tried to focus on Kevin Morris, one of Biden’s lawyers who is also a close friend and has loaned him money.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
A constellation of lawyers...
I believe a "plague" of lawyers would be a more appropriate description, especially when they are operating on behalf of a slimy Biden.

posted Hide Post
Hunter must have made a ton on his artwork. Abbe Lowell is the most expensive lawyer around. He defended a local attorney here and I believe Bill Clintion used him. Pretty ruthless guy going after the owner of the computer shop.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

That would be a good use of Karma. Of course, I'm pretty sure he hasn't got either her cojones or thick enough skin.

Cojones? Thick skin? Naw - we're just talking about liquor.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

I would hope not.
McCarthy doesn't have to stoop to Pelosi's level.

In the other thread there's a video of Reagan's 1982 SOTU address. Reagan and Tip O'Neill are very cordial to one another.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
What I’d love to see at the state of the union speech tonight: Kevin McCarthy attaches his copy of the speech to a group of helium balloons and sets it adrift behind Brandon. I’d pay for that on pay per view. The would be right up there with the “You lie” shout during Obama’s.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would hope not.
McCarthy doesn't have to stoop to Pelosi's level.

In the other thread there's a video of Reagan's 1982 SOTU address. Reagan and Tip O'Neill are very cordial to one another.

it's about time we stopped being fucking 'cordial' with these shitstains. They see it as weakness and it needs to stop.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
"Biden admin removing most surveillance balloons at southern border due to cost"

FoxNews link

From the article:
"The Department of Defense, which agreed to spend $52 million to continue operating aerostats through to the end of FY 2022, which ended in October, after the Department of Homeland Security cut funding for the program."

$52 million. Seems like chump change to me, compared to the billions the administration is gleefully giving to other countries.

Grr.

God bless America.

Posts: 13428 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nope. It's a planted story, calculated to make President Grandpa look like a tough and savvy badass.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this seems risky for Hunter

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...p-from-hell-records/

Hunter Biden and his high-powered and expensive legal team sent Rudy Giuliani, Tony Bobulinski, and 12 others a “litigation hold” letter to preserve “Laptop from Hell” records, a move seen by some critics as a public relations tactic to change the troubling narrative for the Biden family.

The litigation letter asks the individuals to “preserve potential evidence for future lawsuits related to the alleged theft of personal data that may include information from his laptop,” NBC News reported.

Among those asked to preserve records are Roger Stone; John Paul Mac Isaac, the computer repairman; lawyer Robert Costello; ex-Trump aide Garrett M. Ziegle; Biden family partner Bobulinski; and Giuliani, the former Mayor of New York City and Trump attorney.

Each letter to the 14 individuals says:

You have made various statements and engaged in certain activities by your own admission, or that have been publicly reported in the media, concerning our client, Robert Hunter Biden (“Mr. Biden”). This letter (“Notice”) constitutes notice that a litigation hold should be in effect for the preservation and retention of all records and documents related to Mr. Biden.

Hunter’s legal team member told NBC News the president’s son is trying to protect his “family” from the extensive and sustained attacks related to its business dealings in foreign counties, such as Ukraine, Russia, and China. “We are going back to 2008 to ensure we capture the extensive — and sustained — attacks on the Biden family,” the statement said.

Mike Davis, founder and president of the pro-Trump Article III Project, told Breitbart News the letter is a “desperate, frivolous, and laughable” effort that will only hurt the family’s legal position, because the lawsuit will lead to discovery, a legal process by which Hunter would be deposed on camera.

“This is a desperate, frivolous, and laughable attempt to silence political critics of President Biden and his corrupt family,” he said. “It won’t work, and it will backfire—legally and politically—on the Bidens.”

“I hope Hunter Biden is stupid enough to file a lawsuit, because the discovery—including Hunter’s videotaped deposition—will be manna from Heaven,” Davis added.

The letter comes as Hunter appears to have tried to change the public relations battle waged between House investigators and his high powered lawyers. Experts told Breitbart News Hunter could be paying more than $100,000 per month for his legal defense. Hunter is reportedly weighing whether to pay for his defense by creating a fund to which donors can contribute. However, there’s little transparency offered about the donors.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post