SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 626
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Except for Harris, she gets a pass.

Bitch would be shoving things in there just so you could fish them out. Staplers and desk lamps and whatnot.

Plus there ain’t enough full body condoms (AKA Hazmat suits) or Vicks Vaporub to fill a dozen Coof masks to overcome that stench from Willy Brown’s “side piece malebox” to enable an indepth search (shudder-cringe-followed be another shudder and finally a gag)!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Jeezoman! Am I the only one in the US that doesn’t have classified documents in his possession?

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
No.
I forgot to make copies of mine before I sold them to the CCP. Again. Roll Eyes

Posts: 15884 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a larger problem...
Way too much is classified.

Undoubtably, who gets to determine if a doc is classified, guess if you have something you don't want requested and supplied by a FOIA request, just mark it "classified".

Posts: 23373 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've heard many say the problem is too many classified documents are the problem. Taking them beyond the sphere of security is the problem, and it seem many high level officials have been doing this for a very long time.

I should think this document problem could be easily solved with a little effort and technology.

https://securitypapers.eu/prod...lassified-documents/

Posts: 7518 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I've heard many say the problem is too many classified documents are the problem.

I’ll go along with that. I read docs marked with classification markings, only to realize WaPo had better and more complete information and better writing. Seriously, I’d guess better than 70% of classified documents did not need to be anywhere near the CLASS space.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31420 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
Jeezoman! Am I the only one in the US that doesn’t have classified documents in his possession?

Have you looked under the bathroom sink lately? I call dibs on anything Secret or higher.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden Document Discovery Doesn’t Add Up

https://realclearwire.com/arti...t_add_up_148764.html

Last week, CBS “Face the Nation” host Margaret Brennan asked Democratic Rep. Dan Goldman why President Biden would dispatch his personal attorney, who didn’t have proper security clearance, to his Delaware home to search for classified documents. Presumably, Brennan believed that when searching for classified documents, one should have the credentials to actually read them. Brennan’s focus on who was reviewing Biden’s papers touched on a potentially interesting line of inquiry. The question hanging in the air, however, relates to the discovery that started this whole process: Why would lawyers be “packing up” Biden’s office in the Penn Biden Center in the first place?

Not unlike other politicians, Joe Biden has done a terrific job of turning political success into a financial windfall. But someone who considered himself “middle-class Joe” for decades should realize the wastefulness of having lawyers perform a task that a trusted intern or aid could perform. As many big-time East Coast lawyers now routinely charge $1,000 an hour, it’s an awfully expensive packing crew – unless the intent wasn’t truly to “pack” but rather to purge.

The timing here is suspicious as well. Apparently, this moving crew was at Biden’s University of Pennsylvania office a week before midterm elections that were widely anticipated to turn control of the House over to the Republicans. As Republicans had signaled that they were going to be spending considerable time wearing out the subpoena powers of various House committees to investigate Biden and his family, it would be an auspicious time to get rid of anything damaging. By using lawyers to carry out the document purge, Biden would be able to attach attorney-client privilege to their efforts, thereby avoiding damaging testimony about the contents of any shredded documents.

To be clear, there’s nothing illegal about getting rid of musty records in the absence of a valid document retention request. The Biden administration made it clear that it would not consider any such request valid until the new Congress was sworn in and the various committee chair gavels handed out. In a response to document requests made in December from Reps. Jim Jordan and James Comer, an administration lawyer responded, “Congress has not delegated such authority to individual members of Congress who are not committee chairmen, and the House has not done so under its current Rules.” In short, you’ll have to start over. Biden was effectively setting a hard deadline for when document purges go from being propitious to being illegal.

Unfortunately for the president, the attorneys tasked with shutting down his University of Pennsylvania office stumbled across top secret government documents and understood the consequences. Had they not made those discoveries, we likely would have never heard of these high-priced packers.

Republicans, including Donald Trump, have been quick to point out the timing of the initial discovery and the lack of prompt public disclosure. They believe the midterm elections might have been more favorable to Republicans if it was clear that Trump wasn’t the only one potentially breaking the law. Maybe. But the timing and process does lead to questions about what more the current president might have to hide.

For now, President Biden wants us to take him at his word that this whole classified documents mess is nothing more than an honest mistake. As he says, “There’s no there, there.” That may be true, but the activities that preceded the classified document discoveries raise different questions. From a man who campaigned on elevating the standards at the White House, this is disappointing to say the least.

Posts: 12650 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Back in the 80's, I was an OCA (Original Classification Authority), up to secret level.
Back then, we had to get signed off by the ships OPS officer to become an OCA, and then be "re-certified" annually. The PQS (Personnel Qualification Standard) was about 4 hours of stupid conversation revolving around what, where, and when, documents should be classified, and at what level.

To a man, almost every "training" and "re-certification" ended with:
"If you're unsure, classify it at the highest level you're certified to."

I'm like, ya know the training would have went more quickly, and smoothly, if you'd have led with that... Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/tree-huggin...bean-islands-n526364

The Biden administration has granted a license to Trinidad and Tobago to develop a major gas field located in Venezuelan territorial waters, U.S. and Trinidad officials said on Tuesday, marking a further easing of some sanctions on Venezuela.

The license, issued by the U.S. Treasury Department at Trinidad’s request and intended to enhance Caribbean regional energy security, means the island nation can do business related to the Dragon gas field with Venezuela’s heavily sanctioned state-run oil company PDVSA.

We’re busy securing the Caribbean’s “regional energy security” while draining our own Strategic Petroleum Reserves to the last drop and demonizing clean, relatively cheap natural gas here in favor of pet renewable projects nationwide.

The administration puts up great talking points about how many leases they’ve allowed the fossil fuel industry to bid for, but even that has taken a precipitous decline. Besides, a lease still needs a permit for anything to happen on it, as this administration well knows. In March of last year, even as Biden was talking out of both sides of his mouth and oil and gas prices were spiking to insane levels, his Department of Interior was working on new rules to make permitting even tougher.

…The decision was the result of extensive diplomacy between Vice President Kamala Harris and Caribbean leaders in an effort to ensure regional energy security and reduce reliance on other nations’ resources, including Russia, the official said.

“The U.S. Vice President has been a careful and committed listener,” Prime Minister Rowley said.

…One of Washington’s key aims appeared to be a response to U.S. partners in the Caribbean who have called for help to deal with high energy prices following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

“The Vice President conveyed to the Prime Minister that the Treasury Department would take action to help meet the region’s long-term energy needs,” a statement from Harris’ office said, referring to a call with Rowley on Tuesday.

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
another biden gaffe: "I shipped air defense systems all to help counter Ukraine's brutal aggression that's happening because of Russia."

https://twitter.com/greg_price...HHwWgIDQsfr6q_UsAAAA

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Way back in the late 1950s, when I was a missile nerd in the Navy, we were working late one evening to get ready for a Regulus launch the next day.

I was trying to calibrate a piece of the electronic stuff and I needed a manual that was in the safe. I had the appropriate security clearance for the manual, but the Duty Officer for that evening did not, so he refused to open the safe for me.

The skipper was all kinds of pissed the next day when the launch had to be canceled because the bird was not ready.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I had the appropriate security clearance for the manual, but the Duty Officer for that evening did not, so he refused to open the safe for me.

I realize that some questions don’t have rational answers, but why was he allowed access to classified material that he wasn’t cleared for? I.e., if he could open the safe he had access to it. Any idea—? Confused

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a bit OT, but

Adam Schiff announced an intention to run for the U.S. Senate

This is for the seat that is presently held by Dianne Feinstein. She has not announced whether she will run again. She is 89 y.o.

Under the new House Republican Majority, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy officially denied Schiff a seat on the House Intelligence Committee.

https://americanliberty.news/p...gn/vsnitsar/2023/01/

posted Hide Post
Schiff needs a seat in the local prison for all the crap he has done.

Posts: 6612 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
biden is trying to force electric cars and then he does this:

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...id-green-energy-push

The Biden administration announced Thursday that it would complete a 20-year withdrawal of 225,504 acres in a northern Minnesota forest area that is home to some of the largest domestic critical mineral reserves.

The action announced by the Department of the Interior (DOI) effectively prohibits mining activity from taking place in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in Duluth, Minnesota, and surrounding area for the next two decades. The agency said it took the action in an effort to protect the local environment and watershed, which environmentalists worried would be contaminated by mining activity.

"The Department of the Interior takes seriously our obligations to steward public lands and waters on behalf of all Americans. Protecting a place like Boundary Waters is key to supporting the health of the watershed and its surrounding wildlife, upholding our Tribal trust and treaty responsibilities, and boosting the local recreation economy," DOI Secretary Deb Haaland said in a statement.

Last year, the DOI canceled two mineral leases held by the firm Twin Metals Minnesota, which had been located in the Superior National Forest located outside the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. As a result of that decision and the action Thursday, domestic mining companies will effectively be banned from operating in the region for the foreseeable future and the forest's vast critical mineral resources will be left untapped.

However, Twin Metals' mining project contained about 88% of the nation's cobalt reserves in addition to vast copper, nickel and platinum-group elements. Such critical minerals are vital for various green energy technologies like electric vehicle batteries, battery storage facilities, solar panels and wind turbines, which the Biden administration has aggressively pushed.

However, China, other hostile nations and countries with severe human rights concerns dominate the global mineral supply chain.

The State Department recently signed an agreement that opens the door to financing mining projects in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), which mined more than 70% of the global supply of cobalt in 2021 and is home to 3.5 million metric tons of cobalt reserves. But independent investigations conducted in recent years have found that cobalt mines in the DRC employ child laborers.

"It’s difficult to square the announcement of this significant land withdrawal with the Biden administration’s stated goals on electrification, the energy transition and supply chain security," said National Mining Association President and CEO Rich Nolan in a statement. "At a time when demand for minerals such as copper, nickel and cobalt are skyrocketing for use in electric vehicles and solar and wind infrastructure, the administration is withdrawing hundreds of thousands of acres of land that could provide U.S. manufacturers with plentiful sources of these same minerals."

"In the end, by closing off more and more U.S. land to responsible domestic mining instead of producing minerals here at home, creating high-paying American jobs and mining operations that will be conducted in accordance with the world's most stringent environmental, labor and safety regulations, the administration is looking to stand up operations in the Congo and Zambia,"

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:

That's classified.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
More wrongness: Foot off Gas

From the article:
So half of all new cars and trucks sold in the future would have to be electric? Nearly half of households (not to mention so many professional kitchens) in America would have to switch to electric stoves? We’d need to generate much, much more electricity to fill the void of all that power once produced by millions of gasoline-powered engines and gas-fired stoves.

"If environmental zealots in the Biden administration were to get their way, then something would have to answer the call for such a huge increase in electricity demand. Do they have an answer for this challenge?

No. They declared natural gas the bridge fuel to renewables, and then they declared pipeline projects dead."

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I had the appropriate security clearance for the manual, but the Duty Officer for that evening did not, so he refused to open the safe for me.
I realize that some questions don’t have rational answers, but why was he allowed access to classified material that he wasn’t cleared for? I.e., if he could open the safe he had access to it. Any idea—? Confused
I have absolutely no idea. It was the Navy. He was a commissioned officer, I was an E-5, so who was I to question his author-i-tay?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During my illustrious USAF career, I was briefed that any transgression of UCMJ or other rules, policies or procedure would result in me losing my top secret clearance.
During my hitch, I never once laid eyes on anything marked as secret. Never. So much for the threat. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post