SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 658
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
This evening, more than one media source is reporting that Biden is heading to Camp David for the purpose of discussing with family his continuing with his campaign.

Family, and his ego, have a big influence on him, more than the Dem big wigs.

It would be best for him resign the presidency, and then let Kamala finish off his term, so she could, in theory, run for two more. But if he says he's not going to campaign anymore and will not accept the nomination, Kamala is fucked because she's tied in with him.

President Biden hunkered down with family at Camp David Sunday to discuss the future of his re-election campaign following his disastrous debate performance, according to a new report.

People close to Biden, 81, believe only the president and first lady Jill Biden, will determine the future of his presidency, NBC News reported, citing several top Democrat sources.

“The decision-makers are two people — it’s the president and his wife,” one of the sources told the outlet. “Anyone who doesn’t understand how deeply personal and familial this decision will be isn’t knowledgeable about the situation.”

Another source added, “The only person who has ultimate influence with him is the first lady. If she decides there should be a change of course, there will be a change of course.”

Biden’s trip to the presidential retreat in Maryland — where he spent a week preparing for last Thursday’s debate — was planned in advance, White House Senior Deputy Press Secretary Andrew Bates said Saturday.

During the 90-minute trainwreck of a debate against former President Trump, Biden often appeared vacant or slack-jawed, and on several occasions froze mid-thought, misspoke or struggled to form coherent sentences.

The octogenarian president returned to Camp David with the first lady Saturday night, joining their children and grandchildren.

But a source told NBC News that the Camp David get-together wasn’t considered a formal family meeting.

“Any discussion about the campaign is expected to be informal or an afterthought,” the source told the outlet. “No one is sitting down for a formal or determinative discussion.”

The trip to Maryland will serve as a break for Biden, who spent the weekend at posh fundraisers in the Hamptons and at New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy’s mansion.

The planned Camp David stop comes after White House aides revealed Biden has difficulty functioning outside of a six-hour window, between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Biden is prone to absent-minded gaffes and fatigue outside of those hours or while traveling abroad, White House aides told Axios in a bizarre attempt to spin his disastrous debate performance.

Biden is scheduled to remain at Camp David until Tuesday.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/30/...aigns-future-report/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24323 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I just think this is the ultimate Biden Inc shakedown. Claim never surrender until the check has the right number of zeros then walk away with cush jobs for generations of your family and a loaded bank account. Jill is one sick bitch and she intends to see this one through. Not enough payout and Joe stays in. I really think that is all there is to it. Kamala will have to jump in for a little while and actually work for a few weeks with the clear understanding that she will be bought off and ushered to a fancy home in cali to never be seen again.

B-Rock and Big Mike are getting ready to pound the pavement for the new guy in a furious campaign assault. Trump better get his VP out now because it's gonna be a mad push to the end and he is going to need to get a surrogate out there with star power. This election is far from over.

Frankly, I think one of the best things we have going for us is the asshat pro palastine and pro trans movement, they are like cryptonite to the 30% of honest good people who vote democrat.

Keep pushing and giving what you can, these sneaky fucks are not stupid, they have a plan and it's up to us to stop it.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5147 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Similarly, the New York Times ran an article originally headlined, “U.S. Allies Watch the Debate With Shaking Heads and a Question: What Now?” Same as the rest of us.

We just need to play the crazed dementia angle for 6 months. He's a wild card, he might bomb Beijing overnight and not remember it in the morning. Xi, do you really want to test someone who doesn't understand the ramifications of dropping a nuke?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20939 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a glorious shit show.

Someone has all the dirt on Biden Inc. and their fortunes could turn as fast as Joes did during the debate.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13431 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Haha, just perfect if true.

https://x.com/AlexThomp/status/1807398266536956408

https://x.com/BidenHQ/status/1807230395781390788

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30653 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is Mark Levin’s ‘take’ on the debate, the current state of the msm, and Dr. Jill “Breakfast taco” Biden’s likely influence over FJB’s train-wreck of a regime.

Link is to yootoob and the video is ~16 mins.

I know that Mark is a ‘love’ him or ‘hate’ him news/media personality, but I thought this piece provided some interesting perspective on these current events.

Posts: 3525 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
But the bigger problem is this: If JoeB is too incapacitated now to run for a second term as President, then he is too incapacitated NOW to be the current President.

This is truly the “worry point” !!!!! So now what?

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2739 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
But the bigger problem is this: If JoeB is too incapacitated now to run for a second term as President, then he is too incapacitated NOW to be the current President.

This is truly the “worry point” !!!!! So now what?

That obvious point failed to make it into my list of enormities. Totally true, totally obvious if you are paying attention. Thanks for the wake up, and by the way I feel like I'm not paying attention.

Posts: 6452 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
What we saw on Thursday confirmed what Special Counsel Hurr concluded in his report about Biden's memory and if you remember, that conclusion was blasted by all the Biden supporters as being incorrect, gratuitous and plainly political.

It was none of things and Hurr was right.

His supporters knew back then it was the truth and now, it's why the DOJ won't release the audio interview. The DOJ knew too.

Unless Joe vows to stay in, I don't see the Repubs pushing for the audio interview, but if there's a chorus inner circle supporters saying he's mentally sharp, then they'll renew renew their request.

Posts: 4141 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
People talking about Joe's mental acuity as if it's a new thing.

Just like talking about him not having a new though of his own being a new thing.

Meet the new boss...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44112 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/kylenabecker/status/1806750414164897901

Posts: 12859 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Haha, just perfect if true.

https://x.com/AlexThomp/status/1807398266536956408

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1807398266536956408" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 273px; display: block; border: none; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: 50% 85px; background-size: 200px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Of course!
Roll Eyes

Posts: 14837 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/burackbobby_/status/1807466809919996359

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30653 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I think they can do a lot of things with the cash.

https://theconversation.com/wh...eftover-money-130042

What they can't do (legally) is use it for personal stuff. But, given their skill and experience at laundering money, I'd say they're set for a few generations.

Posts: 20252 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
New memo from the Biden Campaign

“If we do see changes in polling in the coming weeks, it will not be the first time that overblown media narratives have driven temporary dips in the polls.”

https://x.com/rachaelmbade/status/1807186991244558800

Posts: 19700 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
What they can't do (legally) is use it for personal stuff. But, given their skill and experience at laundering money, I'd say they're set for a few generations.
I'm certain their past graft has them set for life, but I'm equally certain they have a form of campaign graft underway right now which is ghostwriters commissioned to churn out biographies for both Joe and Jill. Of course, the campaign will buy tens of thousands of copies of each, give a few as gifts, rent some warehouse space, quit making payment on the warehouse rental, and the warehouse owner (probably a politically connected person) will quietly trash the remaining books in a few years.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23443 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
WSJ :

What would happen to the Biden campaign’s funds?

The Biden-Harris campaign has raised a considerable amount of money toward his re-election, and campaign-finance experts say that cash can’t simply be transferred to another candidate if Biden drops out—unless that candidate is Harris, who would just inherit the campaign committee. Were Harris to assume the top of the ticket, funds donated toward the Biden-Harris campaign would be at her disposal since she and Biden were running together.

https://www.wsj.com/politics/e...t-explained-8dc13b35

This looks to be consistent with FEC:

A federal candidate committee may contribute up to $2,000 per election to the committee of another federal candidate.

Biden has raised about $ 250 million

Posts: 19700 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^
Biden will “suspend” his campaign and keep the $250 million for himself?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9191 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's so delicious.

https://x.com/PaulaChertok/status/1807238831730839552

quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^
Biden will “suspend” his campaign and keep the $250 million for himself?

And no, he can't just keep the money for his own personal use.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post

Posts: 215 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post