SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 658
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“The New York Times has demanded president Joe Biden to drop out of the race for The White House.

In a scathing opinion piece, the Times' Editorial Board observed that Biden appeared to be a 'shadow' of himself and that the argument that he was the best Democratic candidate to take on Trump was no longer valid. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/13581987

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9191 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An article that shows some of the changes in odds for several people to replace Biden - appears Michelle Obama is now favored.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...7129c855fb1448&ei=18

Posts: 2784 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Biden is not going anywhere. Until he's defeated in November.

Q

Posts: 26882 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Kind of amazing, Biden was so ill with a cold Thursday night at the debate but well enough to campaign on Friday.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8250 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m on twitter and I used to get tons of leftist influencer feeds any time I hit refresh. Now they’ve all gone dark. I’m convinced after Biden’s eye opening performance in the debate that his replacement is imminent.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15710 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19700 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
An article that shows some of the changes in odds for several people to replace Biden - appears Michelle Obama is now favored.

It is interesting, and not specifically in this forum but everywhere, that people come up with these replacement candidates, all sorts of names, and NONE of these people have even indicated that they would be even slightly interested in running. In Obama's case, she has stated repeatedly she is not interested in the job or returning to the political life. Or Gavin Newsom, who also has laughed off a 2024 run, and continues to support Biden. These two people are commies and scumbags, yet they are not stupid enough to parachute into a U.S. presidential campaign in the last few months, and run against a guy like Donald Trump. If it was that easy to do, then why even announce early and spend the money to campaign for two years?
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

This.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16861 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree. Among other reasons, he wants to be in office so that he can pardon Hunter as the convictions roll in.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9191 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:

I agree. Among other reasons, he wants to be in office so that he can pardon Hunter as the convictions roll in.

He can pardon him anytime he wants, even before the convictions.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30653 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
quote:

I doubt that such a pardon would be upheld by the courts. Can you cite a precedent for an effective presidential pardon of that nature?

Serious about crackers

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
These two people are commies and scumbags, yet they are not stupid enough to parachute into a U.S. presidential campaign in the last few months, and run against a guy like Donald Trump.

VERY True! Things 'can' change (of course!), but IMO the only possible (likely?) scenario resulting in a different DIM candidate, is that Kamala makes a run at invoking the 25th Amendment replacing Biden as the the current pResident. That said, it seems unlikely that'll happen considering all corrupt incompetents and DEI dimwits comprising the Cabinet, especially since it's SO apparent that they Hate America, AND Hate Americans SO Much!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9122 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I doubt that such a pardon would be upheld by the courts.

Gerald Ford pardoned President Nixon, and he had not even been indited for a crime...Just sayin' Wink

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9122 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Team Biden" has spent a lot of money and time to finally get the Presidency. I don't think they're leaving without a fight.

Exhibit A:

I think the only way Joe's leaving early is feet first in a pine box.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13431 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
"Team Biden Inc." has spent a lot of money and time to finally get the Presidency. I don't think they're leaving without a fight.

I think the only way Joe's leaving early is feet first in a pine box.

FIFY Wink

Live Free or Die!

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It sure is entertaining to watch the dems realize the bed they made for themselves. This is what happens when info sources you trust lie to you. Your reality isn’t. The trouble with truth and true reality is they are protuberant. It’s a pesky problem when you prefer fantasy and falsehoods. How many of the population believed it when they were told Biden was secretly vigorous and the best himself ever only to have reality slap them with a white glove? Now is appears to late for an effective correction and since Trump is satan, they’re proper phukt. It’s a beautiful thing to see liars frustrated by undeniable truth.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29807 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Biden's inner circle has the most to lose and are probably the ones holding on and encouraging him.
If they can ID a viable candidate they will start negotiating a place for themselves in exchange for pushing him off the cliff.

Jill will never do that as there's only one Presidential spouse and she won't be it.

Ditto for "Border Tzar" Kamala Harris. There's no place for her at the new table since she doesn't bring any real support with her and anything but the top slit would be a step down.

Look for signs that's happening, the rats leaving the ship, and that will be a good sign they're about to make a change.

Their biggest challenge right now is finding that viable candidate. That's how they got Joe in the first place.

Posts: 9675 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^
quote:

I doubt that such a pardon would be upheld by the courts. Can you cite a precedent for an effective presidential pardon of that nature?

Like already said, Nixon. But he's not the only one:

https://www.justice.gov/pardon...ntly-asked-questions

Can the President pardon someone before they are indicted, convicted, or sentenced for a federal offense against the United States?

It would be highly unusual, but there have been a few cases where people who had not been charged with a crime were pardoned, including President Gerald Ford's pardon of President Richard Nixon after Watergate, President Jimmy Carter's pardon of Vietnam draft dodgers and President George H.W. Bush's pardon of Caspar Weinberger. President Donald J. Trump pardoned Joseph Arpaio and others after they were charged and convicted, but prior to sentencing

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30653 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Biden's inner circle has the most to lose and are probably the ones holding on and encouraging him.
If they can ID a viable candidate they will start negotiating a place for themselves in exchange for pushing him off the cliff.

Jill will never do that as there's only one Presidential spouse and she won't be it.

Ditto for "Border Tzar" Kamala Harris. There's no place for her at the new table since she doesn't bring any real support with her and anything but the top slit would be a step down.

Look for signs that's happening, the rats leaving the ship, and that will be a good sign they're about to make a change.

Their biggest challenge right now is finding that viable candidate. That's how they got Joe in the first place.

“Top slit” ….Freudian?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29807 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Jill has the ear of the chief of staff Jeff Zients and they control access to Joe. They're calling the shots and they have the personal (Steve Ricchetti, Anita Dunn, Mike Donilon, Jen O’Malley Dillon, Bruce Reed and Louisa Terrell) to effect their direction. Makes one wonder how former WHCOS Ron Klein's departure was handled and the reasons for it.
quote:

Harris has been on the sidelines for awhile, given all her gaffs and errors. If she makes moves for the nomination then she's officially on the crazy ship and has taken all the DEI-focused crazies in the party with her. All the identity politic figures will be backing Harris, the smarter ones of that bunch will be torn, as they know Harris is deeply flawed. This group has a sizable number of delegates to contend with.
quote:

The Dems are splitting into its normal factions, as the debate backfired in every possible was against Biden. The 1968 Dem convention may see a repeat of itself with open fights and Jerry Springer-level sparing amongst delegates...meanwhile the world watches.

Posts: 14837 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/Amer1can_Barbie/...qM_6wKsqM5KL2JQ&s=19

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10367 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post