SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 ... 646
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^^^^^
Re: “Can someone please explain what they are arguing?”

It’s simple. The DOJ is lying about its reason for not releasing the interview.

Can you imagine the happy hours that the administrations spokespersons and staff have?

"Hey, Bob what did you answer when they asked that tough question?" "I don't know man, I forgot, I just make shit up and get no media pushback, I've pretty much stopped even trying." [Both laughing diabolically]

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/mazemoore/.../1796593141241311682

Posts: 12835 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108134 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34091 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I gotta say, I got a kick out of reading this.

https://x.com/AnnCoulter/status/1797665740407161199

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30580 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I gotta say, I got a kick out of reading this.

The Bidens have always been trash, just the wealthier than normal version.

Posts: 34091 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well, look who's trying to deal with his low poll numbers and losing the election to Trump over immigration, now that he's let millions in....

In Shift, Biden Issues Order Allowing Temporary Border Closure to Migrants

The move shows how drastically immigration politics have shifted in the United States. The American Civil Liberties Union said it planned to challenge the order in court.

June 4, 2024Updated 2:23 p.m. ET

President Biden issued an executive order on Tuesday that prevents migrants from seeking asylum at the U.S.-Mexico border when crossings surge, a dramatic election-year move to ease pressure on the immigration system and address a major concern among voters.

The order is the most restrictive border policy instituted by Mr. Biden, or any other modern Democrat, and echoes an effort in 2018 by President Donald J. Trump to cut off migration that was blocked in federal court.

The restrictions kick in once the seven-day average for illegal entries hits 2,500 per day. Daily totals already exceed that number, which means that Mr. Biden’s executive order could go into effect right away — allowing border officers to return migrants across the border into Mexico or to their home countries within hours or days.

Typically, migrants who cross illegally and claim asylum are released into the United States to wait for court appearances, where they can plead their cases. But a huge backlog means those cases can take years to come up.

The new system is designed to deter those illegal crossings.

The border would reopen to asylum seekers only when the number of crossings falls significantly. The figure would have to stay below a daily average of 1,500 for seven days in a row. The border would reopen to migrants two weeks after that.

The American Civil Liberties Union said it planned to challenge the executive action in court.

“The administration has left us little choice but to sue,” said Lee Gelernt, a lawyer at the A.C.L.U, which led the charge against the Trump administration’s attempt to block asylum in 2018 and resulted in the policy being stopped by federal courts. “It was unlawful under Trump and is no less illegal now.”

Link

Posts: 23755 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...k-with-hunter-biden/

Hallie Biden, the ex of Hunter Biden and widow of his brother, will testify about her use of crack with Hunter , prosecutor Derek Hines said during Tuesday’s opening statements of the gun trial.

Hallie, 50, dated Hunter in 2018 and found a Colt Cobra .38 handgun in Hunter Biden’s truck outside her home, prosecutors say. Hallie dumped the gun in a nearby grocery store trash bin, according to prosecutors.

Hunter used crack when he purchased the firearm, a wide variety of photos from the time on his abandoned laptop show. The Secret Service allegedly intervened in the investigation of that incident.

Hines said Hallie’s testimony would be “embarrassing” but necessary, according to court reporters.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...victim-in-gun-trial/

Prosecutor Derek Hines

Hines revealed that both Hallie Biden and Zoe Kestan, a woman who was romantically involved with Hunter Biden, will be testifying under immunity agreements.
The prosecution will also call Kathleen Buhle, the ex-wife of Hunter Biden who shares three daughters with him and who did not use drugs herself. Kathleen will not be testifying under any immunity agreement.

Laying out the three charges against Hunter, Hines emphasized that on the third count, concerning his possession of the gun for 11 days, Hunter did not get rid of the gun by choice. “The only reason he had the gun for 11 days is because Hallie took it from him,” he said.

Hunter's lawyer:

“He has abused alcohol since he was a teenager and drugs since he was an adult,” Lowell said, “like literally millions of people in this country.”

Posts: 19668 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
The restrictions kick in once the seven-day average for illegal entries ( between ports of entry )hits 2,500 per day
I added the between part, which is actually in the executive order.

That's the gotcha part of the verbal gymnastics they're engaging in here... That does NOT include people crossing at ports of entry, OR anyone who uses the CBP1 app on their phone that is being flown into the country.

The only people they are counting toward the enforcement of this are people physically crossing between ports of entry, which is a misdemeanor I believe. Anyone have any idea what that number actually is? I mean it's all rolled up together in the numbers they usually report.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6253 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have a few questions here:

What happened to the only way to close the borders was giving him more power?

Who's he appeasing? The right and moderates will hate him for lying when he said it was out of his control. The left will hate him for lying to them about open borders and closing it back up.

He best bet was to do nothing, now he's just pissed everyone off.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

I have a few questions here:

What happened to the only way to close the borders was giving him more power?

Who's he appeasing? The right and moderates will hate him for lying when he said it was out of his control. The left will hate him for lying to them about open borders and closing it back up.

He best bet was to do nothing, now he's just pissed everyone off.
He's appeasing the press and whoever they still hold sway over, which is unfortunately a lot of people who just watch the evening network news. They'll give him credit for taking "action", when as I pointed out above, it probably won't change things appreciably if at all but they can say he did "something". That way they can shuffle the whole border issue off into the background, and to the extent they cant, they can still blame the R's for not doing "anything".

Of course they will also ignore the fact the House passed HR2 which the Senate refused to take up.

Just to add: 2,500 per day BETWEEN ports of entry is still just under 1 million per year, then you can add in the people using the CBP1 app and those actually crossing at the ports of entry. That's still a record number of people.

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 6253 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The border is not Biden's fault.

https://twitter.com/Julio_Rosa.../1798058985352003832

Posts: 12835 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Biden's shameless lying is on a whole other level.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30580 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Aaaand, here we are.

https://x.com/StephenM/status/1798104835574944255

NRA Benefactor

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, a decent percent of the US population will see this as Biden being tough on illegals.

Look how tough he is right before an election.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38054 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtontimes.co...ratic-national-conv/

Facing a contentious convention this summer in Chicago and rumblings about replacing President Biden on the ballot, the Democratic National Committee on Tuesday will vote to change party rules to allow them to nominate him virtually before he sets foot in the convention hall.

It’s a move that Democrats said was needed to circumvent an early ballot filing deadline in Ohio.

However, Gov. Mike DeWine signed a law on Sunday to extend the filing deadline to accommodate Mr. Biden. The DNC is nonetheless “moving forward” with the planned virtual nomination, a DNC aide said Monday.

The DNC’s move would eliminate any realistic chance disgruntled party members will try to replace Mr. Biden on the ballot with a more desirable candidate amid alarming poll numbers that show him trailing former President Donald Trump both nationally and in the critical battleground states.

By the time Mr. Biden arrives at the United Center in Chicago, where the convention opens on Aug. 19, he’ll be locked in to appear on the ballot in all 50 states.

“Once President Biden is virtually nominated, then that will be it. He will be the presidential nominee of the Democratic Party and only death or incapacitation will prevent that moving forward,” said Josh Putnam, party rules expert and founder of FHQ Strategies LLC, a non-partisan political consulting venture. “There will be no substitutes.”

By virtually nominating Mr. Biden ahead of the convention, the party would also put a damper on planned convention protests by several groups unhappy about the president’s “neglected campaign promises,” and his handling of Israel’s war against Hamas.

Posts: 19668 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wow, so they plan to go ahead with ol' Joe.

Posts: 108134 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

However, Gov. Mike DeWine signed a law on Sunday to extend the filing deadline to accommodate Mr. Biden. The DNC is nonetheless “moving forward” with the planned virtual nomination, a DNC aide said Monday.

This guy and the rest of the GOP party members in Ohio who voted for this bill are some no good, squish sons of bitches.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Since the GOP is infected with rino traitors, it will be up to the usual folks like Chip Roy to forcefully point out that Biden’s “border order” is a sham that does nothing to actually limit illegal invasion. On a lighter note, without even more obvious cheating than last time, Biden has no chance of being re-elected.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15696 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/JonathanTurley/s.../1798447712821711042

https://x.com/JonathanTurley/s.../1798456612702793849

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)