SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 644
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:.

The laptop includes not just pictures of Hunter using drugs but brandishing a handgun.

The pic in the article shows that the drug addled criminal and jackass has his finger fully on the trigger as well.

Posts: 3509 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris issued statements over Memorial Day weekend on the death of George Floyd, stating that he “should be alive.”

Oddly enough, he would have been if he didn't have sufficient drugs in his body to kill himself and every officer on the scene.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38050 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden makes surprise nighttime visit to Hunter’s ex Hallie Biden days before she testifies in first son’s gun trial

https://nypost.com/2024/05/27/...ter-biden-gun-trial/

President Biden made a surprise nighttime visit to the Delaware home of Hallie Biden on Sunday — just before she’s due to serve as one of the most important witnesses at first son Hunter Biden’s federal trial for alleged gun crimes.

Biden stopped by Hallie’s home around 8 p.m. for a brief private talk eight days before the 54-year-old first son’s trial is scheduled to stand trial beginning June 3.

Hallie dated Hunter at the time of his alleged gun crimes and is one of a dozen expected witnesses.

She was married to the president’s son Beau Biden, who died in 2015 of brain cancer, before her relationship with his troubled younger brother.

More at link.

Posts: 12824 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Isn't there a legal term for that? It's right on the tip of my tongue, but I can't quite place it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Witness tampering?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6861 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Witness tampering?

That only applies if you're not a democrat.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16562 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

How Biden's Capital Gains Tax hike will 'crush' the economy and what it means for your money

By JAMES CIRRONE FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 12:25 EDT, 27 May 2024 | UPDATED: 15:41 EDT, 27 May 2024

The President has outlined plans to increase the top marginal rate on long-term capital gains and qualified dividends from 23.8 percent to 44.6 percent.

Capital gains tax is paid on investments that have increased in value in the time between them being bought and sold - for example, stocks, properties or cryptocurrencies.

Under the Biden proposal, eleven states would end up paying over 50 percent in capital gains levies when combined with state taxes. High tax states such as New York, California and Hawaii will be harder hit.

Ted Jenkin, CEO of oXYGen Financial, warned that the planned increases will go into effect at the same time critical tax cuts brought in by Trump will also expire. Jenkin explained those two factors would 'crush' the economy as Americans race to sell up their assets in advance.

'If these new policies take effect when the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) of 2017 expires at the end of 2025, we will be staring down a barrel in 2025 of millions of Americans selling off their highly appreciated stock positions at today’s long-term capital gains rates versus paying double in 2026,' Jenkin wrote in an op-ed for Fox Business.

This means the November presidential election could determine how much taxes Americans will be required to pay when they sell assets.

Trump's tax cuts lowered individual income tax rates, almost doubled the standard deduction and raised the federal estate tax exemption.

Income tax brackets will revert to the higher pre-2017 levels when the current law expires on January 1, 2026 - affecting most taxpayers. Biden has not yet signaled whether he will extend these breaks if he remains in power.

Massive stock sell offs, like the one Jenkin is predicting, have caused numerous market tumbles in the past, including the crash in 1929 that preceded the Great Depression.

About 58 percent of US households owned stocks in 2022, according to the Federal Reserve's most recent survey of consumer finances. That's up from 53 percent in 2019, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Stock ownership has jumped in recent years in part thanks to a booming market.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500, two US major stock indices that track the overall market, have more than doubled in value since the initial stock market crash at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Still, stock ownership in the US is almost completely skewed toward those with higher incomes.

The richest 10 percent of taxpayers own 93 percent of stock market wealth, according to Federal Reserve data, whereas the poorest 50 percent owned just 1 percent of stocks.

Not all investors will be paying Biden's ultra-high 44.6 percent capital gains rate if they sell a stock.

The capital gains tax brackets are progressive, just like income tax brackets.

If a single person with a $47,025 income or less has long-term capital gains - for example, they sold a stock after owning it for a year - they will pay an effective zero percent rate in the 2024 tax year, according to Bankrate.

The rate increases to 15 percent for those making $47,026 to $518,900. Above that, a single tax filer can expect to pay a 20 percent rate.

Business owners would also be hard hit by the new Biden rules, according to Jenkin, which could cause downstream effects such as people losing their jobs.

'What you could see as an outcome with the suggested long-term capital gain rate rules is business owners much more aggressively putting their companies on the market for sale to pay fewer taxes,' Jenkin wrote.

He continued: 'This could also have a significant trickle-down effect on people losing their jobs as smaller companies consolidate into larger ones and could also stagnate the germination of new businesses as the upside potential to take on financial, legal and personal risk may not give entrepreneurs the excitement to launch businesses like they have in the past.'

Biden's proposed budget also revises how inherited assets would be taxed.

Under current law, when someone transfers property after death, it isn't generally considered a taxable gain for income tax purposes, Forbes reported.

Biden's proposal would reverse that, making the death a realized gain for the person inheriting the assets.

Notably, this excludes those of $5 million or less.

For all of these changes to come to fruition, two separate proposals would need to pass in the final 2025 budget.

And Biden will have to win the 2024 election. The latest polling average from RealClearPolitics has Trump up 1.1 percentage points on Biden.

As of now, Trump hasn't proposed any major changes to the capital gains tax system.

Link

Posts: 34054 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^^^

Isn't there a legal term for that? It's right on the tip of my tongue, but I can't quite place it.

suborning perjury

Posts: 2858 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34054 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You all won’t be cheering by around 10 pm ET on November 5, 2024…

https://x.com/jackposobiec/sta...546205595648306?s=46

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...fested-gaza-n2639822

"In phase three a major reconstruction plan for Gaza would commence," Biden said. "The United States will work without partners to rebuild homes, schools and hospitals in Gaza -- to repair communities destroyed in the chaos of war."

Posts: 19658 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
If only they felt like helping American's out in the same manner Roll Eyes

Posts: 2843 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...fested-gaza-n2639822

"In phase three a major reconstruction plan for Gaza would commence," Biden said. "The United States will work without partners to rebuild homes, schools and hospitals in Gaza -- to repair communities destroyed in the chaos of war."

To clarify, “In phase three, the money laundering will be fully operational.” Roll Eyes

Posts: 13776 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/greg_price.../1795890190172496221

Biden did this:

Black man’s 63-month sentence matches longest for Jan. 6 riot

https://www.newsnationnow.com/...gest-for-jan-6-riot/

OCT 10, 2022

A man who attacked police officers with poles during the riot at the U.S. Capitol was sentenced on Tuesday to more than five years in prison, matching the longest term of imprisonment so far among hundreds of Capitol riot prosecutions.

Mark Ponder, a 56-year-old resident of Washington, D.C., said he “got caught up” in the chaos that erupted on Jan. 6, 2021, and “didn’t mean for any of this to happen.”

“I wasn’t thinking that day,” Ponder told U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan, asking her for mercy before she sentenced him to five years and three months in prison.

That was three months longer than the prison sentence requested by prosecutors. It’s also the same sentence that Chutkan gave Robert Palmer, a Florida man who also pleaded guilty to assaulting police at the Capitol.

More than 200 Capitol riot defendants have been sentenced so far. None received a longer prison sentence than Ponder or Palmer.

Chutkan said Ponder was “leading the charge” against police officers trying to hold off the mob that disrupted Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s electoral victory.

“This is not ‘caught up,’ Mr. Ponder,” she said. “He was intent on attacking and injuring police officers. This was not a protest.”

Posts: 12824 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Next up: Dershowitz seriously considers changing his vote after Biden eats a puppy during a press conference.

https://x.com/jsolomonReports/.../1796903469548196313

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108087 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Joseph Stalinette Biden

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29785 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
something i didn't know about hunter biden

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/...-trial-2024-election

Hunter Biden's first criminal trial begins Monday, but he quietly has been in and out of courtrooms since 2019 in a messy, multimillion-dollar civil case involving unpaid alimony to his ex-wife Kathleen Buhle

Buhle is likely to testify about Hunter's drug use and finances in both of his upcoming trials over gun and tax charges, which will unfold in the final months of his father's campaign for re-election.

On Jan. 29, 2021 — just after President Biden's inauguration and following a year-and-a-half of legal jousting — a D.C. court found Hunter was in breach of his divorce agreement and owed Buhle more than $1.7 million in spousal support, legal fees and interest since their 2017 divorce.

Their divorce agreement called for Hunter to pay Buhle $37,000 a month plus 50% of anything he made over $875,000 annually, according to documents filed in D.C. Superior Court retrieved by Axios.

Hunter didn't pay the additional spousal support he owed in 2017 and 2018, when he earned $2.4 million and $2.1 million, respectively, according to the court documents.

His lawyers argued he wanted to pay Buhle but no longer had the money after his spiral into drug addiction.

In April 2023 Buhle's representative filed a blistering motion stating that the president's son had continued to not pay alimony and paid her only $35,815.50 in 2022

Buhle's lawyer Wendy Schwartz wrote that Hunter owed Buhle more than $2.9 million.

Posts: 19658 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Can someone please explain what they are arguing? The only way for you to be sure you're not hearing deep fakes is to keep the recording secret so no one can refute a deep fake with the authentic tapes?

Shouldn't they be arguing that the only way to protect against deep fakes is to release the real thing? I hope there are dozens of deep fakes released, forcing them to release the real thing.

DOJ claims it can't release Biden-Hur interview due to threat of AI deepfakes

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20922 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Re: “Can someone please explain what they are arguing?”

It’s simple. The DOJ is lying about its reason for not releasing the interview.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9122 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post