SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 ... 643
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
couple years ago michigan lost a GOP gubernatorial candidate for a similar reason, technicality

Posts: 2857 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Meh. It's more embarrassing than substantive. Joe can still be written in and all his supporters will do so.

It's great PR for Trump but if a voter wants to vote for Joe, they'll write in his name.

Posts: 4123 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Meh. It's more embarrassing than substantive. Joe can still be written in and all his supporters will do so.

It's great PR for Trump but if a voter wants to vote for Joe, they'll write in his name.

Will you be doing just that?

Posts: 34053 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
My prediction…

How does that work if Dopey Kamala becomes the Prez the instant Biden resigns per the Constitution? He's never ever going to relinquish this position of puppet President on his own.

I didn’t mean resign as president, just drop out of the election process…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11013 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's never ever going to relinquish this position of puppet President on his own.

On the contrary, I think he'll do whatever he's told to do.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38847 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Why did you insult member Flashlightboy, PASig?

Civility is a virtue of SIGforum, and you usually are civil.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9119 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
quote:

Why did you insult member Flashlightboy, PASig?

Civility is a virtue of SIGforum, and you usually are civil.

Sorry, you are right.

Flashlightboy: that was uncalled for and I apologize

Posts: 34053 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Good. That's what i want to see. In the past, little technicalities like this would've been given an exception and the rules waived just for the sake of mutual deference and fairness. But no longer do the democrats deserve any such deference. They set the stage, so let's play.

It is actually worse than that, and as you say they set the stage so let's play!

The dems worked tirelessly 4 years ago to make all kinds of "little technicality" changes to voting rules. Arguably many of those were done unConstitutionally because the state legislatures did not make the changes via laws. In any case, they created lots of little ways to allow cheating, and they exploited other existing systems.

They are evil, vicious fighters who have no sense of honor.

So yeah, hold them to the letter of the law mercilessly. Give them the same treatment they would give DJT.

Posts: 9544 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Good. That's what i want to see. In the past, little technicalities like this would've been given an exception and the rules waived just for the sake of mutual deference and fairness. But no longer do the democrats deserve any such deference. They set the stage, so let's play.

Yes, let the commies suffer from their stupidity.

With no Biden on the ballot, Democrat turnout will be diminished, a problem for those down-ballot. There are several congressional seats that are competitive and could flip red. Republicans hold 10 of 15 seats and that could increase.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CIA Blocked Probe Into Hunter's Hollywood Tax 'Sugar Brother': Whistleblower

https://www.zerohedge.com/mark...itness-whistleblower

A trove of new whistleblower documents provided to House GOP investigators reveal, among other things, that the CIA prevented federal investigators from pursuing Hollywood lawyer Kevin Morris as a witness in their investigation of Hunter Biden.

Morris, a Hollywood entertainment lawyer who has 'long supported' Hunter (and why?) has loaned the First Son more than $6.5 million, according to a January letter to the House oversight committee.

We've known about the CIA connection since March, when the Chairmen of the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees, Jim Jordan (R-OH) and James Comer (R-KY) said that a whistleblower has brought them information that 'seems to corroborate our concerns' that the CIA directly interfered with DOJ and IRS investigations of Hunter Biden.

According to a whistleblower, the CIA "intervened in the investigation of Hunter biden to prevent the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) from interviewing a witness," the letter, addressed to CIA Director William Burns, reads.

Specifically, the Committees were concerned at how "the DOJ deviated from its standard processes to afford preferential treatment to Hunter Biden," which they learned "after two brave whistleblowers testified to Congress" that the Justice Department had done just that.

"DOJ officials restricted what investigative steps the investigators could pursue, tipped off Hunter Biden’s attorneys about investigative steps, and even prevented investigators from conducting witness interviews. The whistleblowers’ testimony about the preferential treatment provided to Hunter Biden has been corroborated by testimony from other witnesses and documents the Committees have received."

And now we know who that witness is...

In a Wednesday statement, the House Ways and Means Committee wrote that whistleblower documents indicate "In 2021, Assistant U.S. District Attorney Leslie Wolf told investigators they could not pursue Hollywood lawyer Kevin Morris as a witness based on information she received from the CIA. Investigators were never provided the same information that AUSA Wolf received."

"From whistleblower-provided evidence, we know Hunter Biden and his business associates made millions from selling access to Joe Biden and the quote ‘brand’ that is Joe Biden around the world. We know President Biden’s denials of any knowledge or involvement are not true," reads the letter. "We know the Department of Justice tried to undermine, stonewall, and block the investigation into the Biden family, including President Biden."

More at link

Posts: 12824 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

With no Biden on the ballot, Democrat turnout will be diminished, a problem for those down-ballot. There are several congressional seats that are competitive and could flip red. Republicans hold 10 of 15 seats and that could increase.

Did I miss something?
I'm traveling this week...
I've thought for a while now that they would replace Biden as the Presidential nominee at the Dem convention in August.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24260 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Did I miss something?
I'm traveling this week...
I've thought for a while now that they would replace Biden as the Presidential nominee at the Dem convention in August.

The Ohio ballot.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The "whistleblowers" in the wcb6092 post above, are the IRS whistleblowers Gary Shapley and Joseph Ziegler

https://www.powerlineblog.com/...05/enter-the-cia.php

Yesterday the House Ways and Means Committee the Ways and Means Committee released more than 100 pages of newly obtained evidence provided by Shapley and Ziegler

Shapley and Ziegler comment on the related lawsuit brought by Biden in this New York Post column. Miranda Devine characterizes the documents released yesterday as the second prong of a double whammy that includes the possible entrance of the CIA from stage left:

Shapley…produced a document that adds further weight to the suspicion that Hunter’s “sugar brother,” bong-smoking Hollywood lawyer Kevin Morris, was under CIA protection….

The new evidence about the CIA’s intervention in the five-year criminal investigation into Hunter raises questions about the agency’s role in other aspects of the Biden protection racket.

Shapley produced an affidavit and emails showing that Delaware Assistant US Attorney Lesley Wolf told him that “she and DOJ Tax Attorney Jack Morgan had recently returned from the CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, where they had been summoned to discuss Kevin Morris . . . and as a result we could no longer pursue him as a witness . . . for the investigation.”

Despite having a high-level security clearance, Shapley was never given the classified briefing he requested to understand why Morris was off-limits, even while the lawyer was an integral part of the tax case, after lending Hunter more than $6 million to pay off his tax debts and fund his ritzy life­style.

Posts: 19657 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
On Monday, the White House was forced to make nine different corrections on the transcript of Joe Biden’s speech to the NAACP

That may be a record even for this stumbling, bumbling gaffe machine

They aren’t “correcting” anything, they are altering the written record of what he actually said. As far as I’m concerned such transcripts are official records and changing them is tantamount to falsification of govt documents/records.

Why is this even allowed? Sure, they can announce “He said XYZ, but he meant to say ABC” and even put a “footnote” reference to what the puppet was supposed to say but didn’t/couldn’t/wouldn’t for whatever reason. The fact is though he said what he said and a “Transcript” should be an accurate written record of what WAS said,

I have a LOT of experience with transcripts and transcribing audio recordings. No way would my employer or a court ever accept a transcript from me that captured what was meant vs what was said on the recording.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11013 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
This Dem convention could turn into an unprecedented sh_t show.

Despite $75,000,000 In Taxpayer-Funded Security, Violence Is Coming To DNC, Officials Fear

Posts: 2857 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
This Dem convention could turn into an unprecedented sh_t show.

Despite $75,000,000 In Taxpayer-Funded Security, Violence Is Coming To DNC, Officials Fear

For years the Democrats have invited the devil to the ballroom. Now it their turn to dance with him.

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
They aren’t “correcting” anything, they are altering the written record of what he actually said. As far as I’m concerned such transcripts are official records and changing them is tantamount to falsification of govt documents/records.

Why is this even allowed? Sure, they can announce “He said XYZ, but he meant to say ABC” and even put a “footnote” reference to what the puppet was supposed to say but didn’t/couldn’t/wouldn’t for whatever reason. The fact is though he said what he said and a “Transcript” should be an accurate written record of what WAS said,

I have a LOT of experience with transcripts and transcribing audio recordings. No way would my employer or a court ever accept a transcript from me that captured what was meant vs what was said on the recording.
Agree. The Republican-led House or somebody should object or file a lawsuit or complaint.

Posts: 4023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“The Laptop is Real”: Justice Department Denounces Claims of Russian Disinformation as a Biden “Conspiracy Theory”

https://jonathanturley.org/202...n-conspiracy-theory/

“The defendant’s laptop is real.” With those words and pictures like this one of Biden using crack, the Justice Department introduced the Hunter Biden laptop as evidence in his upcoming trial over federal gun violations. The federal prosecutors went on to denounce suggestions of Russian disinformation, long peddled by the Bidens, the media and former intelligence officials, as nothing more than a “conspiracy theory.”

The media eagerly spread the claim of Russian disinformation before the presidential election. Twitter and others suppressed the story. This was done through one of the most skillful disinformation campaigns in history.

It later came out that associates of the Biden campaign (including now Secretary of State Antony Blinken) pushed a long effort to get former intelligence officials to sign a letter making the claim, knowing that an ever-accommodating media would accept the claim without question or further inquiry.

At the time, some of us wrote that the laptop was “self-authenticating” since many of the emails were confirmed by third parties and other evidence. The Justice Department last week made the same claim of “self-authentication” as well as independent confirmation by federal investigators.

In the now-debunked letter of former intelligence officials just before the election, figures such as Leon Panetta, former CIA Director in the Obama Administration, claimed that the letter had all of the markings of a Russian disinformation effort by intelligence services. (Panetta continued to make the assertion late last year in pushing what the federal government is now calling a “conspiracy theory.”).

The Washington Post’s Phillip Bump and others also continued to push the conspiracy theory. Indeed, in 2021, when media organizations were finally admitting that the laptop was authentic, Bump was still declaring that it was a “conspiracy theory.” Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, Bump continued to suggest that “the laptop was seeded by Russian intelligence.”

What is equally astonishing is that in 2023 the Post expressly stood by Bump’s reporting on the laptop and other debunked claims. Even after the government has declared this reporting as part of a “conspiracy theory,” the Post continues to support the reporting by Bump and others.

The laptop includes not just pictures of Hunter using drugs but brandishing a handgun. The court clearly agrees with the government on the authenticity of the laptop. It has ruled against the defense and will allow it to be introduced into evidence.

Despite the conclusions of American intelligence and others, the Biden team continued to push the disinformation. That led the Justice Department to tell the court that “The defendant’s theory about the laptop is a conspiracy theory with no supporting evidence.” It added that Hunter’s “laptop is real (it will be introduced as a trial exhibit) and it contains significant evidence of the defendant’s guilt.”

The response from the media has been a collective shrug. Worse yet, many of these same political and media figures continue to support censorship and government regulations of “disinformation” while the government is now acknowledging that they carried off one of the most successful disinformation campaigns in history.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...end-should-be-alive/

President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris issued statements over Memorial Day weekend on the death of George Floyd, stating that he “should be alive.”

The statements from Biden and Harris came on the fourth anniversary of the death of Floyd, whose death on May 25, 2020, while in police custody, led to nationwide protests and riots.

biden:

"George Floyd should be alive. He deserved so much more.

Today, I join all those who loved him and all those touched by the civil rights movement he inspired in remembering the tragedy and injustice of his death.

He changed the world.

Now, let's act in his memory."

kamala harris:

“To honor his memory, President Biden and I reaffirm our commitment to building a justice system that lives up to its name,” Harris wrote. “While we have made progress, we still have more work to do — including passing the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act.”

Posts: 19657 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post