SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 ... 661
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
'I See Dead People' - Biden Blunders Again On Deceased World Leader

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...eceased-world-leader

For the second time in a week, Joe Biden claimed that he had a conversation with a world leader who is dead, once again displaying advanced cognitive decline.

This time Biden claimed that he had fairly recently spoken with former German Chancellor Helmet Kohl about the events of January 6th 2021 at the US Capitol .
<snip>
That f’er is kookier than a box of Cocoa Puffs. And people are gonna vote for this pudding cup, drooling, braindead idiot??? Just astounding. [loooooong sigh]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Comment from Jewish Defense Corps:

Democrats have perfected the art of prosecuting their enemies for the very crimes THEY are guilty of.

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.axios.com/2024/02/...scalise-gop-congress

House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-La.) will return to Congress after more than a month of cancer treatment and recovery, his office said Thursday.

Why it matters: It puts Republicans one step closer to impeaching Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas, which could happen as soon as next Tuesday.

What they're saying: "Leader Scalise has successfully completed his autologous stem cell treatment and has been medically cleared to resume travel," his office said in a statement.

"He is in complete remission and will be returning to Washington next week for votes. He is thankful for his positive prognosis, and for the support of his medical team, family, colleagues, and fellow Louisianans."
The big picture: House Republicans failed to impeach Mayorkas on Tuesday over his handling of the U.S.-Mexico border.

With Scalise absent and all Democrats present and voting against impeachment, the vote ended in a tie after three Republicans defected.
House Democrats, for their part, are preparing to try to repeat their rare feat of full attendance for when the House returns Tuesday.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The big picture: House Republicans failed to impeach Mayorkas on Tuesday over his handling of the U.S.-Mexico border.

With Scalise absent and all Democrats present and voting against impeachment, the vote ended in a tie after three Republicans defected.

Three Republicans – Reps. Ken Buck (Colo.), Mike Gallagher (Wisc.) and Tom McClintock (Calif.) – had joined all Democrats in voting against impeachment.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24329 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Comment from Jewish Defense Corps:

Democrats have perfected the art of prosecuting their enemies for the very crimes THEY are guilty of.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Three Republicans – Reps. Ken Buck (Colo.), Mike Gallagher (Wisc.) and Tom McClintock (Calif.) – had joined all Democrats in voting against impeachment.

[Admitting up front that I don't think I know enough to know how this all works...]
Something I read this week says that the change in votes (from "impeach" to "don't") allowed the vote to be defeated and thus eligible for a re-vote, and that had the vote come to a tie it would have meant irrefutable defeat. In a strategic move, one or more R voters "defected" so as to not have that tie, and to essentially "make time" for Scalise to return. Evidently at that point, the "defector(s)" change their votes back and add in Scalise's vote making it a solid victory.

I don't know if that's all true or not, but it makes about as much sense as some of the other screwed-up things I've read this week....

God bless America.

Posts: 13618 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Tell me again why we kicked out Santos.

Fucking idiot Republicans.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30676 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I know it’s a rhetorical question but you answered it. Fucking idiot Republicans.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden:

“There is only one existential threat we face in this world, and that’s the environment,” Mr. Biden told guests at a campaign reception in New York on Wednesday. “I mean, it literally is the existential threat.

“It’s even more consequential than nuclear power, nuclear war,” he continued. “That would be horrible and awful, and it would just make the environment incredibly worse. But it’s about the environment.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

truly, what a liar.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

https://www.breitbart.com/envi...al-than-nuclear-war/

A recent Harvard CAPS-Harris poll found that Americans see immigration as the number one issue facing the country, followed by inflation and the economy.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Joe Biden:

“There is only one existential threat we face in this world, and that’s the environment,” Mr. Biden told guests at a campaign reception in New York on Wednesday. “I mean, it literally is the existential threat.

“It’s even more consequential than nuclear power, nuclear war,” he continued. “That would be horrible and awful, and it would just make the environment incredibly worse. But it’s about the environment.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

truly, what a liar.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

https://www.breitbart.com/envi...al-than-nuclear-war/

A recent Harvard CAPS-Harris poll found that Americans see immigration as the number one issue facing the country, followed by inflation and the economy.

Biden Calls Trump ‘Existential Threat’ as Anti-Israel Protesters Block 5th Avenue

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...5/m/8930089854/p/608

Posts: 12864 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
[Admitting up front that I don't think I know enough to know how this all works...]
Something I read this week says that the change in votes (from "impeach" to "don't") allowed the vote to be defeated and thus eligible for a re-vote, and that had the vote come to a tie it would have meant irrefutable defeat. In a strategic move, one or more R voters "defected" so as to not have that tie, and to essentially "make time" for Scalise to return. Evidently at that point, the "defector(s)" change their votes back and add in Scalise's vote making it a solid victory.

I don't know if that's all true or not, but it makes about as much sense as some of the other screwed-up things I've read this week....

I posted this on the previous page...
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
GOP Rep. Blake Moore joined the no side to allow House Republicans to bring up the vote again.

Just a minor clarification, Moore originally voted for impeachment, but changed his vote to against because the vote was tied at 215-215. A tie is a loss in the house, and would force the measure back to committee. I believe it's because the party bringing the measure defeated it vs the opposing party. It's a procedural thing.

This allows them to bring the measure back to the floor at a later date.

Keep in mind Scalise is out right now for cancer treatments, and there is an upcoming election to replace Santos.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6268 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Yup, allows them (specifically Moore I believe), to file a 'Motion to Reconsider'...That part, at least, is a common (sound?) parliamentary tactic/maneuver, but I still don't know why they were voting on Impeachment of all things without having the votes to pass it!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9133 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
I posted this on the previous page...

Thank you. I evidently missed your post; can't remember right now where else I read about this.

God bless America.

Posts: 13618 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/midd...-israeli-government/

A senior aide to President Joe Biden told Arab- and Muslim-Americans in Dearborn, Michigan, this week that the administration had no “confidence” in Israel’s government to agree to a Palestinian state, and that the U.S. had regrets about the war in Gaza.

Dearborn has been a hotbed of radicalism and open support for the Hamas terrorists who launched the war with a brutal attack October 7 that killed roughly 1,200 Israelis. But Arab- and Muslim-American votes are important in the swing state of Michigan.

Therefore the Biden campaign and the Biden administration — blurring the line between partisan politics and foreign policy that it pretends to uphold elsewhere — have tried to appease Arab and Muslim voters in Michigan with increasingly anti-Israel stances.

The New York Times reported Friday that Jon Finer, the Deputy National Security Advisor to President Biden, was sent to meet leaders in Dearborn.

During the meeting on Thursday with Arab American political leaders in Dearborn, Mich., Mr. Finer said, “We are very well aware that we have missteps in the course of responding to this crisis since Oct. 7,” according to a recording of the gathering obtained by The New York Times. A National Security Council official confirmed the recording was authentic.

Mr. Finer and several other senior Biden administration officials, including Samantha Power, the administrator of the United States Agency for International Development, traveled to Dearborn on Thursday for a series of meetings, including the one in which Mr. Finer’s comments were recorded.

We will have to do things for Saudi Arabia that will be very unpopular in this country and in our Congress ,” Mr. Finer said. “Will Israel be willing to do the hard thing that’s going to be required of them, which is meaningful steps for the Palestinians on the question of two states? I don’t know if the answer to that is yes. I do not have any confidence in this current government of Israel.”

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Biden Calls Trump ‘Existential Threat’

I think "Existential threat" is the label on one of the spaces on the Biden Buzzword Bingo board. Roll Eyes

"Gratuitous" has shown up a lot this week, too.

God bless America.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/2024...or-sanctuary-cities/

long article, snips:

GOP Senators blocked a hidden migration bailout for the Democrats’ sanctuary cities and states when they voted against the border bill pushed by Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY).

The GOP revolt leaves Democrat mayors and city politicians scrambling for funds they need to support and hide President Joe Biden’s growing population of poor migrants during the 2024 election year.

“It’s a huge problem for the Democrats because the Biden administration was counting on being able to shovel all this money onto the state and local allies,” said Jessica Vaughan, the policy director at the Center for Immigration Studies, adding:

The Governor of Massachusetts is feeling the squeeze in a huge way. She’s having to cut firefighter budgets and take over inner-city recreational complexes and keep paying for all these hotel rooms for this huge number of illegal migrants. Now there is no help on the way. The check is not in the mail.

“The state estimates it will cost $915 million to keep the emergency shelters running [in 2024],” the Boston Globe reported in December 2023.

Democrats are now pushing to transfer Medicaid funding for poor Americans to provide housing and aid subsidies to the Democrats’ imported migrants.

“In terms of what we can do in the short term for Massachusetts, the Medicaid waiver to provide Medicaid funding for shelter and services is the best avenue for federal funding,” Rep. Jacob Auchincloss (D-MA) told a Boston TV station on February 9.

The state’s welcome for migrants has attracted roughly 30,000 penniless migrants whose welfare has already consumed hundreds of millions of the state’s dollars. That money has flooded into the Democrats’ network of non-profits that are hired to shelter and feed the migrants.

The leaders‘ wealth transfer is angering the Democrats’ base voters.

“I see homeless folks in the streets of New York all the time that are American citizens,” sportscaster Stephen Smith said on February 6:

I damn sure see them in California. We’ve got poor, impoverished, starving people who were born and raised in this nation. How in the hell do we come up with a $53 million pilot program for illegals, but folks who are here legally, are born here, we don’t have enough of them? Just like we could come up with billions for Ukraine, but somehow, some way, we can’t fix the Homeland problem.

Auchincloss and other Democrats recognize the risk created by their migrant arrivals, but dare not oppose the party leaders’ preference for migrants over Americans

DEM Sen. Chris Murphy: Congress “has failed to deliver for the people we care about most, the undocumented Americans in this country.”

The bill also included additional payouts to government accounts that could be quietly redirected toward Democrat-run cities.

For example, the Department of State would have gotten $5.6 billion for “humanitarian needs” and $3.5 billion for “migration and refugee assistance” for Israel, Ukraine, and “for other vulnerable populations and communities.”

“They had plans for a fund to process [migrant] people from all over the place, ” Vaughan said.

The many funds in the border bill were intended to feed the Democrats’ vast network of non-profit Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), said Vaughan.

“It’s a vast [international] network of organizations — it is faith-based groups, NGOs, contractors, and state and local agencies,” said Vaughan.

posted Hide Post
Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin has been readmitted to hospital

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...n-hospitalized-again

Pentagon Press Secretary Maj. Gen. Pat Ryder gave an update on the defense leader’s condition, saying that the hospital admission had occurred early Sunday afternoon.

“Today, at approximately 2:20 pm, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III was transported by his security detail to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center to be seen for symptoms suggesting an emergent bladder issue,” he said.

Posts: 12864 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5811 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
^^^^Chris Murphy. “Undocumented Americans”. BULLSHIT!

^^^^^ Vaughn. “Vast network of non-profit NGOs.” Non profit my ass.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wtf?

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/s...trmdhIWYR-ZZ8zg&s=01

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30676 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post