SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 ... 630
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The Big Guy should just start using a mobility scooter. It won't hurt him with voters...the media will spin it as brave and reference FDR. As soon as the old fool positioned himself between the sandbags, a staffer should have known to go rescue him.

Posts: 1974 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The psychotic and deranged lunatics running the asylum known as Washington D.C. continue to destroy all that is good.

This is FUBAR on so many levels.

From GP -

Outrageous! Children’s Choir Stopped Mid-Performance While Singing National Anthem at US Capitol, Capitol Police Claims it is a Form of “Demonstration” (VIDEO)

So sad.

It’s a G-D move through and through!

FJB!!

Posts: 3492 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“Outrageous! Children’s Choir Stopped Mid-Performance While Singing National Anthem at US Capitol, Capitol Police Claims it is a Form of “Demonstration”

I would have told them to keep singing and made sure to get it all on video. What are the capital police going to do? Arrest children?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I talked to a few friends.

One was in Germany on the 39 tanks we sent from MCOE to Graf for training. They are junk.

I talked to another in Lima working on the 31 going to Ukraine. He needed a few NSN's.

It's not going to make a difference.

I have fixed tanks for 30 years.

My opinion? It's a photo op. They will never see Combat. If they do?

Well I'll update later.

Give me a few weeks. I'm heading down south for a gunnery/brigade movement .

Probably get a few pics.

This is pretty much my old tank mechanic song. Warms my bones.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbinky,

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"Give me a few weeks. I'm heading down south for a gunnery/brigade movement"

Already talked to the SFC ...we have two tigers INOP. Been a few years since I have been at Stewart.

Sounds like batteries. Unable to power up and run the turret.

Easy peasy. .

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Been a few years since I have been at Stewart.

Me too. 35 years to be exact. Wink

Spent the better part of the summer of '88 there and Hunter.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Been a few years since I have been at Stewart.

Me too. 35 years to be exact. Wink

Spent the better part of the summer of '88 there and Hunter.

And that's why America Loves us.

I'm due there Tuesday.

I have shot more tank gunnery out there than you can shake a stick at.

Gonna continue the tradition Smile

P.S I will Send Pics

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I was at the 3rd ID museum a few years ago.

Audie Murphy decorations

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I fix tanks...thats what I do.

Judging from whats going on...it's gonna be a long year.

I have boys in Idaho, Maryland, Texas...

I miss the hell out of home...

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, with the state of the world nowadays...job security. Wink

Hopefully you'll get a chance to get up to Savannah while you're down there. It's probably my favorite city in the country. Best food there is.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

mbinky: I like the tank stuff. Your posts are interesting.
I'm just wondering what they have to do with the topic "Joe Biden on the campaign trail"?
Would the Ukraine thread be a better place?
Or maybe a tank thread would be cool.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FBI Fails to Hand Over Document Alleging Biden Bribery Scheme; Republicans to Initiate Contempt Proceedings

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...GiwXIWEhjT5SvO%2Bd6v

Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.) says the FBI has failed to produce an unclassified document alleging that President Joe Biden engaged in a criminal bribery scheme and that Republicans in turn will move to initiate contempt of Congress proceedings.

In a May 3 letter, Comer, chairman of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee, joined by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) revealed that they received “highly credible unclassified whistleblower disclosures” that the FBI possessed an unclassified record that “describes an alleged criminal scheme involving then-Vice President Joe Biden and a foreign national relating to the exchange of money-for-policy decisions.”

FBI Director Christopher Wray has since confirmed that the document exists but, in an escalating showdown with House Republicans over the document, has refused to release it to the panel.

Oversight Committee Ranking Member Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) and the White House have disputed the credibility of the document.

Raskin said it was based on previous “allegations that went nowhere.” The White House has described Comer’s investigation as a “silly charade” intended to tarnish the president’s reputation and boost Republicans’ poll numbers.

After a June 5 meeting with Wray to view the document, Comer claimed that Wray confirmed that this isn’t the case. Wray allegedly acknowledged that the document is credible, comes from a long-trusted FBI source, and is currently the subject of an active FBI investigation.

“Today, FBI officials confirmed that the unclassified FBI-generated record has not been disproven and is currently being used in an ongoing investigation,” Comer said. “The confidential human source who provided information about then-Vice President Biden being involved in a criminal bribery scheme is a trusted, highly credible informant who has been used by the FBI for over 10 years, and has been paid over six figures.

“These are facts, and no amount of spin and, frankly, lies from the White House or congressional Democrats can change this information.”

Comer said the FBI “refused to hand over the unclassified record” to the Oversight panel and that Republicans will follow through on initiating contempt of Congress proceedings against Wray.

“At the briefing, the FBI again refused to hand over the unclassified record to the custody of the House Oversight Committee. And we will now initiate contempt of Congress hearings this Thursday,” Comer said.

Comer told the Epoch Times that not only the panel should be given access to the document: “I think everybody should see it.”

“It’s unclassified,” he added. “So, I mean, it’s not real complicated. We want the document.”

Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) made the same point while talking to reporters on Monday evening, saying that every member of the committee should at least be able to view the document.

“Everybody on that committee has the responsibility of oversight,” he said. “[Wray] needs to supply it to everybody on the committee. If not we will move forward [with contempt proceedings].”

After he viewed the document with Comer on June 5, Raskin reiterated his position, suggesting that he saw nothing in the document that would require pursuit of criminal action.

But when he was asked whether he knew if there was an active FBI investigation into the contents of the document, as Comer claims, Raskin evaded the question, instead replying, “What I know is that the FBI Department of Justice team under [ Attorney General] William Barr … terminated the investigation, they said there were no grounds for further investigative steps.”

The development in the growing feud between Congress and the FBI comes amid a flurry of Republican investigations into the Biden family and the president’s administration.

Previous reports based on findings from Hunter Biden’s laptop and testimony from former business associates suggest that Joe Biden took part in Hunter Biden’s business dealings in Ukraine and received a cut of the profits from the deals—including while he was vice president.

If Comer is right about the authenticity and credibility of the document, it could prompt Republicans to undertake further legal action against the embattled president, who has announced that he will seek a second term in office.

Should Oversight Committee Republicans advance a contempt charge through the panel, it will then be taken up by a vote of the full House. If the House votes to recommend charges, it will be up to Attorney General Merrick Garland to determine whether a crime took place.

In a response to an inquiry from The Epoch Times, the FBI called the move to advance contempt proceedings against Wray “unwarranted.”

“The FBI has continually demonstrated its commitment to accommodate the committee’s request, including by producing the document in a reading room at the U.S. Capitol,” a spokesperson said.

“This commonsense safeguard is often employed in response to congressional requests and in court proceedings to protect important concerns, such as the physical safety of sources and the integrity of investigations. The escalation to a contempt vote under these circumstances is unwarranted.”

Posts: 12729 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I cannot wait until this fucking ASSHOLE is gone. Motherfucker thinks he's royalty, when, in reality, he's a diaper-shitting, senile old corrupt bastard who daily displays open contempt for the American people. We're not your subjects, you trash. You work for US- WE, THE PEOPLE.

Horrible. Truly the worst president ever, and I'm not saying that just because he happens to be in office right now. No, it's true, absolutely true, and I have no sympathy for this doddering, lying old fuck. The sooner he's gone, the better.

Biden laughs and smirks as the press is ushered out of the Oval Office without questions

Beyond infuriating, and the press he shits on is complicit in the predicament. Grinning Goddamned old FOOL.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107697 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The party of transparency. An interesting moniker given how obvious their contempt for this country is.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Biden hits the ground again.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1664346089317605406" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 563px; display: block; border: none; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.azurewebsites.net/embeds/bgmessage.png'); background-position-x: 50%;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I was in the audience for the graduation. My opinion of the man pretty much matches what Para outlines a few posts up.
Having said that, he had been standing on the stage close to 2 hours. First his speech and then he shook the hands and saluted all 917 graduates. Stadium where the graduation was held is at 7700 foot and the weather went from very cool to really hot during the 2 hours.
I missed seeing him fall because as the last cadet shook his hand I started preparing to catch the initial flyover of the Thunderbirds. (They fly over as the cadets toss their hats)
Later the graduate (great young woman) told us his comments to her as he shook her hand were, "wow, the military is looking better and better". Told another of her friends, "you have amazing eyes, you should really thank your mother for those amazing eyes". Guess he couldn't avoid creeper mode for 2 hours.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden bribery allegations involve Ukraine, first raised with FBI in 2017, key investigator says

Informant was deemed reliable enough to be paid $200,000 by bureau over several years.

https://justthenews.com/accoun..._campaign=newsletter

Allegations that Joe Biden partook in a $5 million bribery scheme involve Ukraine where his son scored a lucrative energy job and were first presented to the FBI by a reliable and well-paid informant back in 2017, House Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer told Just the News on Tuesday evening.

Comer made the bombshell revelation just a day after reviewing an FBI FD-1023 form that memorialized the informant’s allegations, and two days before he plans to hold a vote in Congress to hold FBI Director Christopher Wray in contempt for failing to provide a copy to his committee as demanded by a subpoena. He said the version of the informant report he was allowed to review by Wray had about 10% of information redacted and made clear the allegations were first reported to the FBI back in 2017 as Donald Trump was beginning his term as president.

“Yes, it is Ukraine,” Comer told the Just the News, No Noise television show when asked what country the alleged bribery involved. “This form 1023 involves a business person from Ukraine, who allegedly sent a bribe, a substantial bribe to then Vice President Joe Biden.”

Asked whether the allegation involved the Ukrainian oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky, whose Burisma Holdings energy firm first hired Hunter Biden into a lucrative board and consulting job in 2014 when Joe Biden was vice president, Comer carefully demurred. “I probably better punt on that question. The name was redacted,” the powerful House committee chairman answered.

But Comer said markings on the document he was shown – including footnotes – made clear the informant first provided the bribery allegations to the FBI in 2017 and then again one more time before he raised them a third time in the June 2020 informant report

“This first started in 2017,” he said, citing footnotes in the informant report he reviewed that listed two prior reports. “There are two notes, or footnotes, whatever you want to call them. They listed them as notes. I will say footnotes for better explanation, that reference 2017. And it was either 2018 or 2019. So this wasn't the first time that the informant had mentioned a bribery scheme pertaining to Joe Biden to the FBI.

Comer’s disclosures came the same day that his colleague in the Senate, Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, revealed the FBI informant who provided the intelligence was deemed so credible and valuable that he was paid $200,000 by the bureau over several years. The comments by the two GOP lawmakers pushed back on Democrat claims that the allegations were old, disproven or tied to an effort by attorney Rudy Giuliani to investigate the Bidens’ Ukraine ties that led to Trump’s first impeachment in 2019.

“Partisan media, most likely in conjunction with the Biden FBI, have misleadingly reported the 1023 is from a tranche of information provided by Rudy Giuliani. News reports last week dispel that notion and make clear the 1023 information that we request is independent of Giuliani,” Grassley stated in a speech given on the Senate floor.

“Those news reports also show that the source who formed the basis of the 1023 is a long-serving FBI source. The source reportedly received numerous validations from the FBI. The source reportedly operated even during the Obama administration. Based on what I’ve been told about yesterday’s meeting, the FBI didn’t contradict these findings,”

“Today, I can say that based upon unclassified and legally protected whistleblower disclosures the FBI source in the 1023 has been paid at least two-hundred thousand dollars by the FBI since the source was opened and operational,” he added. “High dollar payments obviously mean the FBI believes the source to be credible and reputable.”

Comer said the informant's core allegation is a Ukrainian businessman was to pay $5 million to the Biden family in return for a U.S. policy decision that Joe Biden could impact. He said his investigators have not yet found any money directly to the current president but they are "following the money" through numerous limited liability corporations and bank accounts and have begun a search for off-shore accounts as well.

"When you first read about it, it's hard to believe," he said. "It's hard to believe that a vice president of the United States would try to take a bribe from a from a foreign national, in a company in a country that's, at the time not noted for anything other than a lot of corruption, and then asked that the money be sent through shell companies and various banks to launder it to where no one would know about it," he said.

Comer said he has strong reason to believe the FBI never properly investigated the Biden bribery allegations, matching a pattern he also saw when the Obama Treasury Department began receiving suspicious activity reports involving transactions associated with Hunter Biden and his associates but did little to investigate them.

“I think what we're gonna find out is the same thing we found out in the Treasury Department with the Suspicious Activity Reports,” he said. “Once you get in there, there's a whole lot more of them than what was previously reported. And this particular (1023) form we want is very important. But I can already tell from reading the form, there are other forms, as well. So we don't know how many form 1023s are pertaining to Biden-bribery.

Grassley suggested the FBI may have ditched the Biden bribery allegations based on an intelligence analysis by FBI analyst Brian Auten in summer 2020 suggesting there was a Russian disinformation campaign making such allegations. Just the News first reported that possibility in a story Monday.

“Did the FBI follow normal investigative process and procedure? Or did they try to sweep it under the rug?” the senator asked. “For example, did the FBI try to improperly use the August 2020 Brian Auten assessment to shut down the 1023 reporting by falsely labeling it disinformation? "

The bureau told Comer on Monday the allegations in the bribery memo are part of an ongoing but unspecified investigation. The lawmaker said he was suspect of that claim. “My theory is they never investigated the claim to begin with, for whatever reason,” he said.

Comer said he hopes the contempt vote slated for Thursday will “send a message to the FBI if they don't comply with my subpoena in the next 48 hours. And hopefully, from that point on, we can we can start having a better level of cooperation with the FBI.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The FBI needs to be torn down and completely rebuilt; it is so compromised it’s disgusting.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The FBI needs to be torn down and completely rebuilt; it is so compromised it’s disgusting.

I agree with you and it goes much deeper. I've heard the "deep state" referred to as fed/state employees that have been in unelected positions for long periods of time. While in these positions, they create policy which they try to treat as law (cough ATF cough).
Anyway, when Trump gets back in charge of The Executive Branch, I really hope he focuses on removing power from the deep state.

Posts: 674 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FBI caves, will let Comer’s full committee see Biden bribery document

Accommodation from Bureau came after threat of contempt vote on Thursday.

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

The FBI caved to congressional pressure Wednesday night on the eve of a contempt vote, agreeing to let all members of the House Oversight Committee to see an informant memo alleging Joe Biden was involved in a $5 million bribery scheme as well as some related documents.

The committee’s chairman, Rep. James Comer, R-Kentucky, announced the deal just hours before his panel was to vote to find FBI Director Christopher Wray in contempt.

“After weeks of refusing to even admit the FD-1023 record exists, the FBI has caved and is now allowing all members of the Oversight and Accountability Committee to review this unclassified record that memorializes a confidential human source’s conversations with a foreign national who claimed to have bribed then-Vice President Joe Biden,” Comer said.

“Americans have lost trust in the FBI’s ability to enforce the law impartially and demand answers, transparency, and accountability,” he said. “Allowing all Oversight Committee members to review this record is an important step toward conducting oversight of the FBI and holding it accountable to the American people.”

At issue is a document known as an FD-1023 containing allegations from a confidential informant in June 2020 that Jie Biden as vice president traded US policy for money to his family. The committee now will also be able to see two earlier documents from the same informant related to the allegation.

Comer told Just the News the allegations involve the country of Ukraine and remain under investigation by the bureau, and have not been disproven as Democrats have suggested.

“Let’s be clear: the allegations contained within this record are not closed as the White House and Democrats would have the American people believe,” he said. “Former Attorney General Barr confirmed this information was sent to the U.S. Attorney in Delaware for further investigation and the FBI has confirmed it is being used in an ongoing investigation.

“We also know the confidential human source who provided this information is highly credible and trusted, has worked with the FBI for over a decade, and has been paid six figures.”