SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... 631
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
The Judge will, wink, wink, have a change of heart.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
They also stated there will be NO primary debates so foke you RFK, Jr., Marianne Williamson and anyone else who dares challenge Pedo-Joe.

Fine and dandy. Call Biden what he is in what debates take place; a coward, a liar, and traitor. Spell out all of his actions/inactions and above all, his lack of mental faculties to be president. Drag his ass through the mud with certified evidence of his taking money from the Chinese and selling out the country for profit. This can only damage the old piece of SHIT.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15623 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I think that perhaps the NY Post has printed something quite misleading.

It is not clear that Hunter's lawyer said that Hunter's current laptop is "in the repair shop" now.

https://www.arkansasonline.com...nity-court-hearings/

Brent Langdon represents Hunter Biden in the paternity case.

Garrett Ziegler, a potential expert witness in the case for Lunden Roberts.

Brent Langdon mentioned a laptop computer that Biden reportedly left at a repair shop. ( this is from 2019 / 2020 )

Langdon said Garrett Ziegler, a potential expert witness in the case, professes to be an expert on the contents of the laptop, which reportedly contains some income-tax records.

"There has never been, to my knowledge, an acknowledgment that this so-called laptop — he continuously calls it Hunter Biden's abandoned laptop ..." Langdon began.

"Well, let's clear that issue up right now," said Judge Meyer. "Is it your client's laptop or not?"

"Your honor, I'm not involved in all of that stuff," said Langdon. "It's not my client's laptop as far as I know."

Meyer said she holds clients to what their attorneys say in court.

"Is it your client's position, you're representing to this court, that it is not his laptop?" the judge asked.

"Your honor, I am not in a position to even begin to answer that question," Langdon said.

Posts: 19605 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ They reported a confusing set of circumstances - one lawyer says it's Hunter's laptop, the other (one must presume prudently) refuses to address the question at all.

Now ask yourself why the second lawyer refuses to address the question at all while pleading.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Biden will actually be their candidate. I know it seems crazy, but the leftist media has already proven they can push the old guy across the finish line. It'll be more of the new strategy of coordination between media, DNC, and a strong ground game in the cesspools.

Yes...
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
.....I predict that somewhere around Primary time, something will come up that prevents poor Joe from running.
No matter what Joe says, I seriously doubt the Dems are going to let him run for President.

And, Yes.

These two are contradictory, but yet the people behind Joe really want him re-elected.
Just like in the Republican party, where not everyone stands firmly behind Trump, not everyone in the Democrat party wants Biden to run. Biden will never be a better candidate than he is today, on Day 1 of his candidacy. He will be under pressure not so much from Republicans, but from Democrats who want him out.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24172 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Hunter has multiple lawyers, specifically so they can compartmentalize information.
Plausible deniability, and less chance of someone having to commit pergury...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
An article in Time Magazine

https://time.com/6274345/biden...27375&lctg=236827375

There may be a lot here you find unconvincing, but the theme is that Biden administration "cleared the field" of DEM 2024 competition by stealing their thunder. He enacted key ideas to disarm likely primary challengers.

The article indicates that is was felt to be a major victory for biden when the REPs performed so poorly in 2022 midterms.

BTW, should biden win in 2024, he will be 82 to 86 during the next term. That would significantly increase the chance of Kamala Harris becoming president if biden could not complete the term. So we certainly have a ton of motivation to defeat biden in 2024.

Posts: 19605 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
It seems in a way him running is the best outcome. He seems virtually unelectable but may make it through primaries.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12441 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
He may be unelectable, seemed like he was before, but that did not stop him from taking office, may not the next time either.

Posts: 2790 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Where's your white flag?

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Where's your white flag?

2024 is a long way off. I have no idea how the candidates and election process will play out. After 2020 we're basically in uncharted waters.

Posts: 2790 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's quite a ways off. Then, rather than suggesting possible disaster, wouldn't it be best to just wait and see what happens?

Time and time again, I have said I don't want to see defeatist talk in this forum. Please keep this in mind. I don't want to hear gloomy predictions about the worst that might happen. It is pointless to say such things, and it serves only to bring people down, and even if no one else here minds it, I mind it.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
That was not a prediction.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, what is this? Argue with parabellum day?

What is unclear about what I said to you? Tell me, please. What are you not getting about what I have said to you? I want to make sure what I have said to you is understood clearly.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I understand your preference that members avoid doom and gloom predictions, you've said it many times. I'm not arguing that and my opinion would be irrelevant anyway. I'm surprised by your interpretation that my comment was a prediction of doom and gloom, I don't think it was.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Really
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
He may be unelectable, seemed like he was before, but that did not stop him from taking office, may not the next time either.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I think you're splitting hairs.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Where do you think this is getting you?

If anyone is splitting hairs, it's you. It's right here on the page. Now, I have had more than enough of this.

You want to argue with somebody, phone a friend.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It ain’t Joe...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24172 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post