SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Watch the scum circle the wagons. Watch the campaign circle the drain.

He’s Joe Bidet and he approves this message.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden talking points:

BuzzFeed reported Wednesday while Biden has yet to publicly address Reade’s allegation, his campaign has urged surrogates to push back on reports by simply saying they “did not happen.”

“Biden believes that all women have the right to be heard and to have their claims thoroughly reviewed,” the talking points read, according to the news outlet. “In this case, a thorough review by the New York Times has led to the truth: this incident did not happen.”

BUT, NYT:

In a statement to BuzzFeed, who first reported on the talking points, the Times said the Biden campaign’s characterization of its reporting was “inaccurate.”

The talking points claim the paper ruled that Reade’s story “did not happen,” which the statement rebuts: “Our investigation made no conclusion either way,” it states.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Yeah, NYT Investigative reporter M. Magoo, found no evidence. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
Where’s all the activist support that went after Kavanaugh?
Where is Christine Blasey Ford supporting the allegations?
Where’s the impartial investigation? Roll Eyes

Pretty sure you know the answer to those questions. Frown

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
OAN reported yesterday that the DCPD has quietly and quickly made the sexual assault case go from active to inactive. When asked why, the asst. DCPD PIO would not provide an explanation.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

linketh

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Is it just me, or was that Jeff Dunham's Walter in that video? Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

linketh

I kept waiting for a cartoon ballon to pop up over Joe with something like "Is it time for Wapner?"

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
OAN reported yesterday that the DCPD has quietly and quickly made the sexual assault case go from active to inactive. When asked why, the asst. DCPD PIO would not provide an explanation.

April 27, 2020

Receptionist: Sir, Sec. Hillary Clinton is holding on line 2 for you.

DCPD PIO: Um. Ermmmm... Tell her ... ummm, OK, I'll take the call.

"The 2016 Democratic nominee and former secretary of state announced the endorsement in an online town hall with Biden on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on women. It's the latest high-profile endorsement racked up by the former vice president, following House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Monday.

"Just think of what a difference it would make right now if we had a president who not only listened to the science, put facts over fiction, but brought us together, showed the kind of compassion and caring that we need from our president, and which Joe Biden has been exemplifying throughout his entire life," Clinton said.

"Think about what a difference it would make if we had a real president, not just one who played one on TV," she added, criticizing the Republican opponent who defeated her in 2016.
The loss marked a stunning cap to a decades-long political career that saw Clinton serve as the third female secretary of state and the first female presidential nominee of a major political party."

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/28...n-endorses-joe-biden

BRAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! Suckit like Monica, biatch!

BTW, WTF is a 'DCPD PIO' ?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
PD Public Information Officer

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Aaaand the Bernie Bros try to turn up the heat.

quote:
Prominent Bernie Sanders Supporters Are Calling On Joe Biden To Drop Out Of The 2020 Race Over Tara Reade's Sexual Assault Allegation
Eliza Relman, Buisness Insider, 4/29/2020

Just days after Sen. Bernie Sanders ended his 2020 Democratic presidential bid, he appeared on an April 13 livestream with former Vice President Joe Biden and issued a strong endorsement of the presumptive nominee. This took place just weeks after Tara Reade, a former aide in Biden's Senate office in the early 1990s, came forward with new allegations that Biden sexually assaulted her in a Capitol Hill corridor in 1993. Reade was one of seven women who came forward last year to allege that Biden had touched or kissed them inappropriately.

Biden's campaign has repeatedly denied Reade's assault claims. But as new evidence has emerged corroborating Reade's allegations, several prominent Sanders supporters and former aides have broken with Sanders and called for Biden to drop out of the 2020 race (sic).

Claire Sandberg, Sanders' 2020 national organizing director, on Tuesday called on Biden to drop out of the 2020 race. "Now is the time to deal with the ramifications of Tara Reade's accusations, not this fall. There is simply no moral justification for Biden to continue as the presumptive nominee," she tweeted. "Out of respect for survivors and for the good of the country, he should withdraw from the race."

Peter Daou, a Hillary Clinton aide-turned vocal Sanders supporter, called on Biden over the weekend to end his presidential bid because Reade's allegations and said Sanders and other candidates should reenter the race. "We lose ALL moral authority if we embrace "the lesser of two accused rapists,"" he wrote.

Nick Brana, Sanders' 2016 national outreach director and the founder of Movement for a People's Party, urged the Democratic National Committee over the weekend to force Biden out of the race and "win with Bernie," adding the hashtag #DropOutBiden. "Dear @DNC, you have two options: 1. Pull Biden now and win with Bernie. 2. Keep Biden, re-elect Trump, and admit that suppressing progressives is the true purpose of your party," he wrote, retweeting a Saturday Politico story examining a recording of Reade's mother alleging her daughter had "problems" with a "prominent senator."

The @PeopleforBernie Twitter account run by Sanders supporters tweeted on Tuesday, "Joe Biden's candidacy is imploding."

Briahna Joy Gray, Sanders' 2020 campaign spokeswoman, on Tuesday argued that it's "not a moral argument" to support Biden simply because he's a better option than Trump. Sanders publicly distanced himself from Gray after she declared earlier this month that she wouldn't endorse Biden for president, citing his opposition to Medicare for All, cancelling all student debt, and a wealth tax. "She is my former press secretary - not on the payroll," Sanders told the Associated Press on April 14. Sanders added that it's "irresponsible" to reject Biden in the general election.

Other high-profile Sanders supporters and former aides have been more compromising in their approach to Biden's candidacy. Former senior Sanders advisers, including Sanders' 2016 campaign manager Jeff Weaver, recently announced they're forming a super PAC with the aim of unifying progressives behind Biden. Sanders, who has long opposed the existence of super PACs, hasn't endorsed the effort.

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, perhaps Sanders' most influential 2020 supporter and surrogate, says she wants to see Biden move to the left on key policy issues before she endorses or campaigns for him, but she insisted she would vote for him regardless in November. Ocasio-Cortez was one of the first lawmakers to offer support for Reade and urge other Democrats to take her claims seriously. "I think it's legitimate to talk about these things," she said in mid-April of Reade's allegations. "You can't say, you know - both believe women, support all of this, until it inconveniences you, until it inconveniences us."

Some prominent feminist voices on the left have also accused Democratic politicians and other more moderate feminists of prematurely dismissing Reade's claims and sowing doubt on her credibility. They've expressed anger at being forced to support Biden as the lesser of two evils. And they've lamented that the #MeToo movement will be damaged by electing the Democratic nominee to the White House and that Biden's feminist critics will be demonized for hurting his candidacy. "I am livid that Democratic women will be called on, once again, to cast our vote in the name of reducing harm to the country rather than moving it forward," Jessica Valenti, a feminist author and columnist, wrote in an April 14 Medium post. "The truth is that this election is going to be terrible for women, no matter what we do."

Rebecca Traister, another well-known feminist writer, argued that the women Biden plans to pick as his vice presidential running mate, appoint to the Supreme Court, and fill his Cabinet will be tarred by the allegations against him and should be given the freedom to criticize his record. "If part of the work of this election is pushing for a politics that is more just, we should be insisting on freedom for women - including those who will be asked to support Joe Biden, within his party and as his running mate - to fully express themselves about the gendered and political realities in front of us, Traister wrote in New York Magazine this week.

Some sentences compressed into paragraphs for space. Atrocious grammar entirely the fault of the original author. Original text at http://www.yahoo.com/news/prom...lling-212805057.html

So just lightweights so far, but then again Bernie never really had all that many heavyweights on his side anyway. Can they build momentum in the tailing weeks of the great Kung Flu Shutdown?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Lacy Clay is a pretty funny guy. He's a reliable Democrat but he's a decent guy and will work with his Republican colleagues when he can.
Except if he made it to Washington, any sense of individuality and independent thought would remain behind as the likes of Pelosi, Schumer, and their minions forced total compliance out of him.

Contrary to the opinions of some here, I think the Tara Reade issue will force Biden to withdraw at some point. I just think the level of hypocrisy will be far too high for the Dem's to overcome with a majority of voters, and they'll have to find an alternative. The comical aspect for me is, any alternative they'd opt for will not only guarantee a loss in November, but will likely decimate the Dem party with infighting. It should be one hell of a ride to watch though.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is Jill Biden running for President? She seems to have taken over for Joe. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
In the old days, "defending your husband's career" was just seen as one of a wife's jobs.

Meanwhile, another lightweight is starting to make noises. Not much in and of itself (it's Chris Hayes, after all), but it's beginning to sound like "drip, drip, drip".

quote:
Twitter's Demand To Fire Chris Hayes Goes Against The Entire #MeToo Movement
Britni de la Cretaz, Refinery29, 4/30/2020

(Excerpt) On Thursday, Twitter users demanded that MSNBC #FireChrisHayes, so much so, that the hashtag began trending. The tweets are coming from both right-wing media (Really? IC) and Democratic constituents who are all upset that the host of All In With Chris Hayes covered sexual assault allegations against the presumed Democratic candidate for president on his show. The trending topic is highlighting the inflammatory discourse that has bubbled up around the allegations against Joe Biden by a former staffer, Tara Reade.

On Wednsday night, Hayes dedicated a segment of his show to discussing Reade's allegations. "There have been moments...for all of us when we have heard about accusations against someone that we find ourselves desperately wanting not to believe," Hayes said to open the segment. He continued on in describing difficulties when accusations are against someone for whom we have "political admiration - someone on our 'side'".

"But part of that difficult lesson of the Me Too era is not that every accusation is true and everything should be believed on its face, but that you do have to fight yourself when you feel that impulse," Hayes said. "You have to do that in order to take seriously what is being alleged and what the evidence is and to evaluate it." As a result of those statements, Twitter began to speculate everything (sic) from Haye's motives on air to whether he was a "Russian agent".

Full text at http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle...hayes-184511465.html

Hoo, boy. One, you never put a media talking head in a position where they can pretend that repeating the nonsense you find irritating is somehow noble and heroic - you can absolutely count on them shouting it from the rooftops in an effort to "defend themselves". Two, the reference to Republicans is awfully revealing - it undercuts Hayes' credibility even though it doesn't identify a single Republican (and much less a prominent one) who's calling for Hayes to be fired over this, and it hints that Hayes is somehow, willingly or not, acting as a shill for Trump.

I smell fear, but hey, I like an entertaining political story as much as the next idiot.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Did Biden really move on her like a bitch and grab her by the pu$$y???

Is this happening, one guys says it, one guys does it and we shoot the talker.....so classic

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Jennifer Anniston t-shirt is hilarious! I don't know if he is guilty or not (probably is imo) but the hypocrisy from Pelosi and others is disgusting.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Biden Bumbles Over Tara Reade Answers During Tense MSNBC Interview

Joe Biden's personnel records from his days in the Senate have come under the microscope after former staffer Tara Reade says she filed a formal sexual assault complaint against him - an allegation he officially denied on Friday.

Biden, who graduated from the University of Delaware and served as Delaware's senator, transferred the records to the university in 2011 - which announced a change to their expected unsealing shortly before Biden announced his bid for the White House. Meanwhile, Biden has refused to allow a search of the roughly 1,875 boxes of documents and 415 gigabytes of electronic records, as detailed yesterday by Jonathan Turley.

Biden's excuse? That the records could expose unrelated things he's said or done which could be 'taken out of context' and used against him before the November election.

On Friday, however, Biden stammered through an awkward MSNBC interview in which host Mika Brzezinski pressed him on whether he would allow a narrow search for records only pertaining to Tara Reade.

Brzezinski: Personnel records aside, are you certain there was nothing about Tara Reade in those records - and if so, why not approve a search of her name in those records?

Biden: Approve a search of her name?

Brzezinski: Yes, and reveal anything that might be related to Tara Reade in the University of Delaware records?

Biden: There is nothing. They wouldn't... They're not there. And I, I, I... you know, I don't understand the point you're trying to make! There are no personnel records by definition.

Brzezinski: I'm just talking about her name, not anybody else in those records - a search for that. [awkward silence] Why not do a search for Tara Reade's name in the University of Delaware records.

Biden: Look, I mean, who does that search?

Brzezinski: Perhaps the University of Delaware?

Benny ✔
@bennyjohnson

I don’t know what’s in Biden’s University of Delaware papers but he really doesn’t want people seeing them.

He won’t even agree to a search of documents just with Tara Reade’s name on them.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ense-msnbc-interview

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
If you watched the Biden interview on MSLSD this morning did you hear growing exasperation in Brzezinski's voice? She knew she was lobbing easy to answer questions but he was off somewhere else and not smashing them back at her.

Biden was denying, denying, denying the allegation. And he did so in a way that was disingenuous.

He claims here would be no records in the now resealed records at U of Delaware, but steadfastly refused to countenance even a simple search for Tara Reed's name.

He did, however, say to search the National Archives. The only problem is the National Archives do not contain official records from the offices of members of Congress. Even if there were records, the only way to get at documents in the Archives is a FOIA request, about which FOIA.gov states:

quote:
The FOIA ... does not apply to:
  • The Judicial Branch and Federal Courts (For records and more information on the Federal Court System, please visit www.uscourts.gov).
  • The Legislative Branch and Congress (For records and more information on both houses of Congress, please contact your local House Representative or Senator. You may also visit www.house.gov, www.senate.gov, or www.congress.gov for additional information on the legislative branch.).

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31444 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter anyways, the records have already been compromised. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed every piece of paper with her name on it.

Biden operatives accessed secret Senate records at University of Delaware before mid-March, report says

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post