SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 627
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

And get PAID. Eek

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mississippi along with Alabama are ending the Pandemic Unemployment Benefit. Several other states are doing the same. Hopefully that will get those folks off the couch and back to work.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Odd article from the New York Times. It points out that with the House and, more particularly, the Senate as closely divided as they are any deaths among legislators can significantly weaken the existing Democrat majorities. Now that could obviously cut both ways, and the body of the article bears that out even if the point is never made explicit. But the takeaway for the writer that produced the article is in the last line:

'"We have maybe a once-in-a-generation window to enact major reforms," [Former Aide to Chuck Schumer Brian] Fallon said. "We may not have a full two years to pace ourselves."

Full original text at http://www.yahoo.com/news/may-...years-121420637.html

I've been struck lately by the grandiosity of the plans that Biden is proposing. When I say struck, I mean that I have a hard time believing Uncah Joe can get all of that enacted as legislation and funded by a pretty narrowly divided Congress with less than eighteen months to go before the next Congressional election. Combine that with (1) his lazer-like focus on union jobs and (2) his statement at his recent speech on the economy that anyone on unemployment who refused to take "a suitable job" would lose those benefits (see http://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/10...ril-jobs-report.html ), I'd be apt to say that he's more concerned about the blue collar vote in the 2022 Congressional races than anything else - certainly more than actually getting anything big done with a very much divided country and Congress.

Which brings me back to what makes this article so odd. It's a morbid-assed cry from the heart, one last extravagant argument for the Dems to be more aggressive in DC. It's certainly coming from the left; just about every person quoted was a Democrat.

When one considers that Uncah Joe is clearly stalled out once he issues every Executive Order anyone will draft for him, that Congressional Dems haven't got any great transformative ideas to offer, and that the press seems to be desperate to the point of being on the verge of mourning, it sure looks like the Dems in DC have largely settled into a state of learned helplessness for the next two years.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Seems like just last week unemployment was on it’s way up.
Record miss on jobs report.
Now this week:

Nobody Wants To Work: Job Openings Soar To Record High 8.1 Million, Smashing Wall Street Expectations

Very odd, wonder why, it’s a real head scratcher.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden failed the Israel-Palestinian rocket and riot test - analysis

https://www.jpost.com/arab-isr...test-analysis-667920

Biden’s mistakes began before the first rocket was fired: US Mideast policy expert

The policies of the Biden administration have inadvertently contributed to the lethal round of hostilities in Israel and Gaza, some Israeli analysts claimed on Wednesday.

The escalation “is a test and [US President Joe Biden] has failed,” said Prof. Eytan Gilboa, an expert on US policy in the Middle East at Bar-Ilan University.
Biden’s mistakes, he said, began before the first rocket was fired.

Back in February, Biden lifted the designation of the Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen as a global terrorist organization. Analysts said that the president believed the move would reduce violence in Yemen and against Saudi Arabia, but it has produced the opposite result.

“If you are a terrorist organization, and you don’t do anything and sanctions are lifted against you, this means you can do whatever you want,” Gilboa said. “Other terrorist organizations in the Middle East, like Hamas, look at this and say, ‘This is what the US is doing? Very good. We can exploit it.’”

In April, Biden announced that America would restore some $235 million in aid to the Palestinians that had been withdrawn by former President Donald Trump. About two-thirds of the money is being given to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), which Trump cut off in 2018 because of its ties to terrorism.

“Hamas and Islamic Jihad were looking and saying to themselves that if the US restored this aid unconditionally, then we can do whatever we want,” Gilboa explained.

Finally, that same month, the US lifted sanctions on International Criminal Court prosecutor Fatou Bensouda, also without any conditions.
“The ICC decided to investigate Israel for alleged war crimes in Gaza,” the professor said. “Bensouda is supposed to leave office by June 15 and the Biden administration did not even say to her that it would [only] lift the sanctions providing she did not investigate Israel but [would] leave that to her successor.”

Amid the violence, the administration has likewise shown a lack of understanding of the situation, including falsely equating Israel with Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

“We urge de-escalation on all sides,” State Department Spokesperson Ned Price said on Tuesday, failing to mention Hamas or Islamic Jihad as terrorist organizations targeting civilians.

Price further stressed that “we welcome the steps the Israeli government has taken in recent days aimed at avoiding provocations, including the decision to avoid confrontations during the Jerusalem Day commemoration and the delay in the decision regarding the Sheikh Jarrah evictions."
But the real estate feud in Jerusalem, Gilboa said, has little to do with the violence, and mentioning it seems misplaced once rockets were raining down.
Hamas and Islamic Jihad have been inciting violence and terrorism for weeks inside Israel and the Palestinian territories, and specifically on the Temple Mount, in response to a decision by the Palestinian Authority to cancel the elections that Hamas hoped to win. Their goal is to take over the West Bank and turn it into another Gaza, Gilboa said.

“The US is strengthening terrorist organizations who are against peace,” he said.
But not everyone agrees.

His colleague, Prof. Jonathan Rynhold, director of the Argov Institute for the Study of Israel and the Jewish People at Bar-Ilan, said that “the American position is very secondary as a factor” in the escalation. He said he would not have expected the Trump administration to do anything more other than “rhetorically being stronger in their support for Israel – and I don’t think that would have had any impact on the dynamic.”
America’s friendship does bolster Israel in difficult times, however.

Biden has given the vibe that he at best has “ambiguous feelings toward the current Israeli government, which might influence his overall attitude toward Israel,” according to Prof. Boaz Ganor, head of the International Institute for Counter-Terrorism at the Interdisciplinary Center, Herzliya.
Ganor said that with two-thirds of the Israeli population running to bomb shelters for cover – vying to protect their children and the elderly – Israelis across the political spectrum should expect a different attitude from the American administration.
“This unprecedented situation is far from ending and this is the time that Biden’s friendship is being checked,” Gilboa said. “The American administration’s attitude, for the time being, is quite disappointing.”

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The muslims will reward Jo for his weakness, it something they respect

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden canceled the Keystone pipline

Now his Energy secretary says this about the east coast gas shortage:

"Can you tell us what is the feasibility of using rail cars to transport fuel into the affected areas? I know that's being looked at," a reporter asked.

"The DOT [Department of Transportation] is looking at that, and so we'll have to wait until their analysis is done.

There are not easy solutions because there may or may not be the right rail cars, there may not or may not be the deep-water ports available for the Jones Act to be able to respond," Granholm responded. "So this particular area of the country there, this is why we have doubled down on ensuring that there's an ability to truck oil in, gas in. But it's, the pipe is the best way to go . And so that's why, hopefully, this company, Colonial, will, in fact, be able to restore operations by the end of the week as they have said."

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If liberals didn’t have double-standards, they would have no standards at all.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That's the point. If they had any standards at all we wouldn't be seeing them "trying to govern" by guess, by golly and by whatever occurs to them on the spur of the moment.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Wow!
Here comes the inflation.

‘Monthly gain in core inflation was the largest in 40 years’…

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I dumped all my stocks this morning. I had planned on doing it on Monday, but was waiting for a positive day in the market to sell. I've been expecting a downturn, but thought by selling this week I would be ahead of the curve. I waited one week too long it seems. I've held the stocks for a year and a month which was my goal. Anyway, I'm out now. At least in stocks.

Ex-vice president Biden sure is doing a bang-up job, ain't he?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Now Chick Fil A is rationing sauces.

Thanks Biden.

4 months in and this is where we are headed? FML Mad

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Wear a sweater.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden to Reporters: ‘I’m Not Supposed to’ Answer Your Questions

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...swer-your-questions/

President Joe Biden expressed concerns after he answered questions from reporters Wednesday, as he and his administration struggle to address multiple crises around the world.

Biden answered questions about the gas shortage and a question about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict in the Middle East, before moving to exit the room.

When reporters shouted additional questions, Biden paused and replied, “You guys are bad. I’m not supposed to be answering all these questions. I’m supposed to leave. But I can’t resist your questions.”

The president then took an additional question about his meeting with Congressional leaders on infrastructure.

Biden has repeatedly told reporters he would be “in trouble” for taking questions from reporters at White House events — even though he has only held one press conference since becoming president.

“Look, I’m sorry. I’m going to — this is the last question I’ll take,” Biden said in April after taking questions from reporters. “I’m really going to be in trouble.”

Biden also repeatedly said he would “get in trouble” during a CNN town hall in February.

“I’m going to get in trouble,” he lamented to CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “I was supposed to only talk two minutes in an answer.”

White House press secretary Jen Psaki admitted in an interview she advises President Biden not to take questions.

“A lot of times, we say, ‘Don’t take questions,’” Psaki said in a podcast interview with her former boss David Axelrod. “But he’s going to do what he wants to do because he’s the president of the United States.”

posted Hide Post
A group of more than 120 retired military officers have written President Joe Biden to tell him his election was less than legitimate – while questioning his mental acuity.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...imately-elected.html

The Open Letter:

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/...df?ver=1620643005025

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Joebama, continues work to tear down our country with the “woke” Army.
This ad is aimed at young children.
An extension of elementary and high school indoctrination.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Eek Look at just how scared this clown looks when asked a genuine, pertinent question about something affecting a quarter of the United States. Total deer in the headlights:

Biden when asked if he was briefed on Colonial Pipeline Co. paying ransom to attackers: "I have no comment on that."

And he can barely whisper out his reply and scuttle off like he's about to keel over.

God help us all Frown

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
according to Epoch Times, there are approximately 15,000 gas stations that are out of gas

I guess Joe and the Ho have things well in hand and under control

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Corrupt joe is a nasty vindictive fucker to anyone who crosses him politically or complicates his cupidity but ask him something that requires real backbone and real leadership and you get the above.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post