SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 627
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
Did I hear Xiden after being asked a question about gun control answer by droning about infrastructure!?
Yes, he dodged the question, big time.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha, had to love how he was slamming the filibuster by pointing out that last year - it was used more than the prior 70 years (or something like that). No one mentioned that the Democrats were in the minority and were the ones using the filibuster.

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only listened and did not realize he had note cards. Pathetic. First and last press conference.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Did I hear Xiden after being asked a question about gun control answer by droning about infrastructure!?
Yes, he dodged the question, big time.

Dodged it? He didn't dodge anything. He completely forgot what he was talking about and just went ahead with whatever popped in his head. Infrastructure.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Exactly right. His brain never processed the question.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All rehearsed, brain dead even had the answer book and used it. Stuck to the script. Not a confidence builder. Soft balls.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Despite not interacting with the press, he knows everyone on a first name basis? He wasn't using note cards, he leafed through papers. How many times did he refer to himself as a "nice guy"? So very much to take issue with, his low point --

"Since I came into the Senate 120 years ago".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Re: that “press conference”

Calls on the reporter by name

While reporter reads the preapproved question, Grandpa turns to the correct page in his binder for his prewritten answer

What a Communist era scripted bunch of bullshit Roll Eyes theater

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sounded like he had a number of prepared answers for questions listed to read from and he just had to match the left column with the right.
That was a lot to remember. Don't be so hard on the guy.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^Exactly right. His brain never processed the question.

That, or his handlers told him to avoid it like the plague. He’s not fit to respond to these outside a heavily controlled, green screen environment.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15555 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
LOL

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Pathetic.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^ Is that picture real? Eek

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Right from the UK Daily Mail.

Here’s another:

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
video of Biden at link

https://twitter.com/i/status/1375143721004634115

"well anyway"

Biden made it clear he would waiver the filibuster for things like HR1 - the DEM attempt to further institutionalize election stealing.

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
"Since I came into the Senate 120 years ago".

I was at the gym reading the closed captions on FOX. Biden was asked about the filibuster and he said it should go back to the rule when he first came to Congress 120 years ago.
Yes? Or was my brain bouncing too much?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
I have come here to learn and read the discussion on Pres. Biden's first press conference.

The ukmail pictures, the comments here so far, have provided me with an insight as to ... well I am at a loss for words.

Flummoxed? Flabbergasted?

But you know what? Totally expected the bumbling, mumbling, mr magoo like responses.

Not a single story so far, in Australian news media. Of course.
Nothing on news.com, theage.com.au, smh.com.au, or au.yahoo.com.
Nada.

The again, I am not at all surprised.

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Right from the UK Daily Mail...

Link to the DM article? Is Biden looking a pics of journos, numbered?

***edit**

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ress-conference.html

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I’m waiting for the photoshop memes of Duck and Jane, or maybe a Superman comic.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15555 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I will give Biden the same breaks the left gave Donald Trump.

In other words, none.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post