SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/archives/ka...ral-commission-post/

Joe Biden has somewhat quietly appointed Senator Joe Manchin’s wife to a powerful federal commission. She won’t just be a member of the commission, Biden chose her to be the federal co-chair of the Appalachian Regional Commission. This is a position that must be approved by a vote in the Senate.

Let’s be honest — Joe Biden’s bringing on Gayle Conelly Manchin in hopes of scoring points with Joe Manchin. Biden needs Manchin to vote along with the other Senate Democrats to move his agenda through. In a 50/50 Senate, the Biden administration has to sweat every vote. The headline for this story automatically raises an eyebrow if the reader understands just how powerful Joe Manchin is at this point in time. Manchin can pretty much get whatever he wants from Biden in exchange for Manchin’s support.

This announcement is described as being “tucked at the bottom of a statement also announcing nominees to the Department of Labor, U.S. Marshal Service, Office of Management and Budget and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.” Her resume and background in West Virginia politics run through a long history of experience as a teacher and in leadership positions in West Virginia education, as announced by the White House.

Joe Biden needs Joe Manchin to support his leftist agenda which includes gun control and ending the filibuster. Manchin is not inclined to support either of those goals. Without destroying the filibuster, it is unlikely that Biden will be able to ram through his agenda. Biden also is desperate to do all he can to federalize elections and push election reform legislation that will help Democrats attain and keep a permanent majority. Manchin admits that he has no problems gaining access to Biden at any time.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ It definitely sounds like Biden's got Manchin on his mind, but maybe that'll slow Biden down a bit in terms of what he asks for, or even provide him with cover to go slow.

He seems to think he can get some heavy lifting done if he just focuses on one thing at a time. Apparently the Brady Bunch were pissed because he wants to focus on infrastructure rather than "seizing the moment" to push hard for gun control.

Biden Says Passing Gun Control Measures Is A 'Matter Of Timing'
http://www.reuters.com/article...ontrol-idUKKBN2BH302
Biden's Focus On Infrastructure After Two Mass Killings Angers Gun Control Advocates
http://nycdailypost.com/2021/0...n-control-advocates/

I'm sure there'll be a million little government-empowered 'microaggressions' from the Dems every day. I'm perfectly willing to believe that focusing on one 'big' thing at a time is a solid strategy for success. But it's impossible to do that without prioritizing the big things that Biden will do, and that's impossible to do without outraging every other little splinter faction in the Dem coalition. Biden's obviously going to be looking for excuses for why he's doing one thing and therefore cannot do another for as long as he tries to keep this up.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"Who built the cages, Joe?"

Piles of People: New Photos Show What Biden Is Trying to Hide at the Border
Katie Pavlich
Mar 26, 2021 4:05 PM

Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz has released new and never seen before photos from inside an overcrowded Customs and Border Protection facility in Donna, Texas. These are the types of facilities the Biden administration has banned media from entering or touring.

Earlier in the day Cruz, along with other Senators on a delegation to the border, showed how smugglers use the Rio Grande to drop off illegal immigrants in the United States. Maine Senator Susan Collins said they were taunted by cartel members from across the river.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-facilities-n2586972

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like an oven full of foil wrapped baked potatoes.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I am confused by the pics. I think I see a head. Reminds me of the pods in the Body Snatchers.
Tons of aluminum foil???

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Emergency blankets.

Reports from at least last week said that kids were being kept in plexiglass boxes with only emergency blankets.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Something that I am most concerned about is that the bumbling idiot will bumble us right into WWIII. I had the same concerns during the Obama years. Weakness breeds contempt from our adversaries.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Joe Biden needs Joe Manchin to support his leftist agenda

Manchin has made it pretty clear, and has been consistent that he feels we should be getting things done together. I don't think the White House giving his wife a plum is going to push him into breaking his stance on not voting to eliminate the filibuster.

https://www.politico.com/news/...ts-compromise-477976

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Manchin has made it pretty clear, and has been consistent that he feels we should be getting things done together. I don't think the White House giving his wife a plum is going to push him into breaking his stance on not voting to eliminate the filibuster.

His stance? Joe Manchin is about as weak and squishy a politician as they come. He's never, NEVER, been the deciding vote on anything. Guaranteed, he will fold if Schumer puts the pressure on him. I have zero respect or faith in Manchin. Spine like a jellyfish.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
He's kept his word under some pretty intense pressure. Mainly because he'd be voted out almost immediately, but unlike our own Rino trash, he's kept it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Only when his vote didn't matter. The man is a squish.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I think this is most definitely a time when his vote matters, squish or not. and he hasn't bent to the party line.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm not willing to admit he's a man

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think this is most definitely a time when his vote matters, squish or not. and he hasn't bent to the party line.

Well, there hasn't been a vote yet.

And he's already indicated that he's waffling on his word. If it comes down to his one vote, he will fold. I have more faith in Sinema from Arizona. If she votes to keep the filibuster, then so will he. If she doesn't, then it's over.

He's already gone against his word about not voting for the massive $1.9 trillion "covid" bill if it didn't have Republican support or input. Joe Manchin has always voted with his party when it really mattered. Always.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Joe Manchin has always voted with his party when it really mattered. Always.

Um, no. not exactly.

https://projects.propublica.or...es-against-party/115

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm willing to admit I'm wrong. Would gladly do so. I want to know what legislation or nomination though where he was the deciding vote.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Here is another link- yes, I know it's from his webpage, but it's all verifiable with fact checking. I'm not saying I trust any democRAT, but he SEEMS to understand the danger to his party of breaking the filibuster. Even if that's his only motivation, it is good for our side.

https://www.manchin.senate.gov...isanship/legislation

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Manchin is 73

up for reelection in 2024 when he will be 77

just wondering if he will run again

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is another link- yes, I know it's from his webpage, but it's all verifiable with fact checking. I'm not saying I trust any democRAT, but he SEEMS to understand the danger to his party of breaking the filibuster. Even if that's his only motivation, it is good for our side.

https://www.manchin.senate.gov...isanship/legislation

A charade. Manchin will not break with his party if the vote is split evenly and his vote will break the tie.

However, I will be the first to pop back in here and cite this post and scream happily and loudly "I was wrong" if or when that happens.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It appears that Bidet thinks he can do an end run around the constitution with an executive order.

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post