SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Facebook, Twitter, Instagram: Just Say "No". Amazon, Too
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram: Just Say "No". Amazon, Too Login/Join 
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Gab has been running much better the past few days and they are not going to start censoring like MeWe. They have their own infrastructure so they can't be booted off the Amazon servers like Parler was.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So, to give you an idea of how corrupt social media is, I saw a friends comments on Ben and Jerry’s FB page. I commented how I could not purchase products from an outfit that was so blatantly anti-cop. This little Jack Hole comes along and writes “f&$@k the police”. I asked him if he was too much of a coward to spell it out. My comments immediate were removed for violating community standards. Said I was spreading hate and bullying peoples speech. He then posted the same things about me. His comments are still up and perfectly acceptable, apparently.

Yeah, FB is just trying to do the right thing Roll Eyes

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
That’s why I have never been on any of this bullshit.

That little fuck. Say someone breaks into his car, domicile or if he is attacked, he’ll dial 911 and the Police faster than a cat can lick his ass.

Social media platforms are good for only one thing, business. Because these younger people are hooked on these apps and their phones like crack addicts, that’s the only way you can reach potential dip shit customers. It’s a fucked up society. I’ve tried to teach the ones I know to get off all that shit. You get only one life. Nobody makes it out of this alive. Do you want to look back as an elderly person, and realize you spent your whole life on your damn phone and virtual reality? Or get out in the world and do things, see things, etc? They are so hooked, it goes in one ear and out the other.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only issue I have with MeWe is Spam postings. Not only on one group but several Spam posts on each group site.

This is BS.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Is there any news to report concerning any of these companies relaxing their stance on banning conservatives?

I tried a few of the alternative social media sites but found I was just happier with none of them as well. The side effect is that I get no news. I've been directed to use Amazon from time to time and was wondering if they've apologized or it's just being forgotten.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Never said "Yes" to any of this crap. Add LinkedIn and others to the list. They can flush these sites into oblivion for all I care. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Is there any news to report concerning any of these companies relaxing their stance on banning conservatives?

Pretty sure it's just getting worse.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have a neighbor who is on FB rabidly, his use is pretty much trolling liberal proggy's making comments on news pages. He says there are several things to say, and ways to say them, to elicit a response that you can report and get a user banned for a few days, weeks etc.

For him it's like shooting targets at a carnival..

Me, don't have the patience to sit around all day screwing with digital nitwits...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tried a few of the alternative social media sites but found I was just happier with none of them as well.

The only thing I currently use at all is Gab, and, on that, I'm reading only ilDonaldoTrumpo Big Grin

quote:
The side effect is that I get no news.

You wouldn't be getting news, per se, on any of those sites, anyway.

quote:
I've been directed to use Amazon from time to time and was wondering if they've apologized or it's just being forgotten.

I would say many people have conveniently either looked the other way or decided to let bygones be bygones. I'm not quite so easy Wink. I cancelled AP and cancelled it'll remain. I still shop at Amazon, but only as a Vendor Of Last Resort. I'll even pay more, elsewhere, and endure longer shipping time, before I'll buy at Amazon. Wife is on board.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
... You wouldn't be getting news, per se, on any of those sites, anyway. ...
Good point. Big Grin

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
We’ve not been shopping at Amazon since this happened but strangely when I order direct from a company it sometimes gets delivered by Amazon. My wife has ordered from Walmart a couple of times and Amazon delivered the items. Confused

Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I have never been a fan of FB, much of my family uses it on a daily even sometimes hourly basis but not me. I have only joined a few beer making groups of late and just made my first post today in the form of a question.

My life's story is not for broadcast to the world, it's mine and I will keep it as private as I can.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Facebook considers forming an election commission. Ugh.

I haven’t been back to Facebook since I left it earlier in this thread.