SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What dish are you famous for?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What dish are you famous for? Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Tried this for lunch today. The beef cooked into a patty: kinda like a taco burger. I prefer the ground beef crumbled in a skillet. Taste was fine, and the guac was wonderful. Thanks, BOSS.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Probably my pineapple lime chicken

THAT sounds good!
Tell us more!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
According to my family... steak, ribeye preferred.

1.5 to 2 inches thick. I put them on my 700-800 degree BGE at for 3.5 minutes per side. Charred on the outside, rare on the inside. Five mi utes rest and they are ready to slice. The only seasoning I use is a small amount of seasoned salt.

Edited to add: homemade bacon.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
quote:
Maryland crab cakes.

recipe and pictures!!!

Super simple!

Mix the following:

-12 oz lump crab. Not easy to come by, but decent quality can be had in cans in the deli department. Miller Select brand.
-2 heaping Tbs mayo
-2 eggs, beaten
-1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
-1/2 tsp red pepper
-dash salt
20-25 Ritz crackers

Break up crackers fairly fine. (I use a plastic freezer bag) Add to the other ingredients. If you refrigerate the mixture for a while, it makes it easier to form the cakes.

Fry in a combo of butter and olive oil until golden brown.

Enjoy!

Sorry, no pics as of now.

Forgot the Old Bay! Big Grin

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Forgot the Old Bay!

Yes please forget it!...no offense to anyone in the MD area, but Old Bay is horrible. I was never a crab cake guy but after a few years around Aberdeen/Havre de Grace I started to enjoy them. Best crab cakes I ever ate, and the only ones I would pay for. But lay off the Old Bay! My goodness...fries, sandwiches, even cereal! You name it. Ugg. You people are nuts about Old Bay up there.

In all my years of travel I had never heard of it until I landed there. Now I even see it in North Carolina! Make it stop!! Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Forgot the Old Bay!

Yes please forget it!...no offense to anyone in the MD area, but Old Bay is horrible. I was never a crab cake guy but after a few years around Aberdeen/Havre de Grace I started to enjoy them. Best crab cakes I ever ate, and the only ones I would pay for. But lay off the Old Bay! My goodness...fries, sandwiches, even cereal! You name it. Ugg. You people are nuts about Old Bay up there.

In all my years of travel I had never heard of it until I landed there. Now I even see it in North Carolina! Make it stop!! Smile

Try it on grilled chicken. Wink

Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Breakfast Fattie <--- LINK

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Holy shit, that looks amazing! Eek

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Come on guys, you can't tell us without sharing recipe and pictures!

I just ordered some air dried porter houses to make my version of steak Florentine. Wish me luck!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Vienny sausage coins and cottage cheese in green jello.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Fudge pie. My wife's coworkers go nuts over it.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJM:
crispy fried chicken

Recipe please!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
According to my 6yo carnivore daughter...

Daddy’s Famous Steak
Daddy’s Famous Ribs (pork St. Louis style ribs)
Daddy’s Famous Bacon (homemade/cured bacon)
Daddy’s Famous Pizza (in my opinion a work in progress, but I’ve been working on the recipe a while with help from several others here)

I would love to say she’s infatuated with my Carolina style pork butt bar-b-que, but that hasn’t quite materialized yet, she doesn’t like anything with vinegar. So my famousness their is still lacking (I love the stuff though!).

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
quote:
Maryland crab cakes.

recipe and pictures!!!

Super simple!

Mix the following:

-12 oz lump crab. Not easy to come by, but decent quality can be had in cans in the deli department. Miller Select brand.
-2 heaping Tbs mayo
-2 eggs, beaten
-1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
-1/2 tsp red pepper
-dash salt
20-25 Ritz crackers

Break up crackers fairly fine. (I use a plastic freezer bag) Add to the other ingredients. If you refrigerate the mixture for a while, it makes it easier to form the cakes.

Fry in a combo of butter and olive oil until golden brown.

Enjoy!

Sorry, no pics as of now.

Forgot the Old Bay! Big Grin

yep,

I do a similar recipe,

no crackers , wife is GF, so I'll add a piece or GF bread toasted and diced to crumbs, sometimes, sometimes I just skip the bread

never measured the mayo, but add about a good squirt, maybe a tablespoon, of spicy brown mustard

and a big dash of Old Bay,

I fry on a pancake griddle, wiped with a stick of butter,

serve with some slaw and fries,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post