SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
After this opening statement Spartucus is going to choose his words carefully because if he don't he's going to get hell fire and brimstone from Kavanaugh.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Is that Alyssa Milano in back over his right shoulder (screen left)???

yes

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3518 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Look how nervous Ford's female lawyer looks. She appears ready to vomit!

Posts: 34076 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JordanR
posted Hide Post
what are the odds that the dems tried to play this against the one guy that has kept a calendar diary since he was 14 years old? that's unbelievable.

Dates, times and names of all his friends he was with for the entire summer!

Stomp a MUDHOLE Brett!

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

Posts: 564 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
What a geek - he brought a calendar.

Smokin'! Eek

As men working in the federal government, we talked with each other about keeping a calendar (daily planner) and writing just a line or two about where we were and what we did. I became friends with a counterpart who worked for the BLM. He was accused of ignoring a sexual harassment complaint. Keeping a record in his daily planner saved his ass from being drug into a bad situation. A record kept in a calendar, planner is admissible evidence and carries a lot of weight in a dispute.

Posts: 13381 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
quote:

yes

Wow, yes it is indeed. I bet she wasn't expecting this.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep the updates and reactions coming guys! Thanks! I am at work and not able to watch.. Frown

Posts: 1806 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, he is restoring some small faith that good, honest people with integrity CAN live in Washington D.C.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
For those of us unable to watch, how do Kavanaugh's comments so far compare to Clarence Thomas' "High Tech Lynching" rebuke of the judiciary committee?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm resonating with his emotional response. I hope millions are watching this.
It's not only men who should be enraged.
Every Mom, every wife should realize their loved one could get the same treatment.

Posts: 18180 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Imagine being a DIM to ask the first question....

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wow! Judge really hit a grand slam, and more. I knew he was going to do great, but he exceeded my expectations.

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Wow! Judge really hit a grand slam, and more. I knew he was going to do great, but he exceeded my expectations.

No kidding. Very impressive. I think the Dims are going to look like idiots when the questioning starts.

Posts: 7592 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
For those of us unable to watch, how do Kavanaugh's comments so far compare to Clarence Thomas' "High Tech Lynching" rebuke of the judiciary committee?

This is way more powerful.

He remarked and pointed a finger right the dems and said thanks to those of you on that side of aisle, i may never be able to teach or coach women's basketball ever again.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Similar... and rings just as true. Very emotional, as was Clarence.
The same message: Democrats are scum for doing this to me.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I'm resonating with his emotional response. I hope millions are watching this.
It's not only men who should be enraged.
Every Mom, every wife should realize their loved one could get the same treatment.

Any woman who has actually been sexually assaulted should be up in arms about anyone lying about it for political gains. they should be the loudest voice against baseless accusations such as what we have seen.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The best man and the one with the most class in that entire room is talking right now.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
"Thanks to what some of you on this side of the committee have unleashed...."

I LOVE IT!!! Keep sticking it to them!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
quote:

yes

Wow, yes it is indeed. I bet she wasn't expecting this.

I wonder if they have subtexts so she can follow along?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post