SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
VOTE ALREADY
The corrupt Left has NO credibility. None. Nada. Zip.
No shame. No honor. Lie, cheat, steal…all in a day’s work for those assholes.

I don’t believe a fucking word of the accusations.
Why should anyone?
The Dems are pathological liars. Only a fool would believe anything coming out of their mouths.
VOTE ALREADY

Posts: 1786 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Avenatti said he wished to share that information “immediately” with the FBI.

They want that FBI investigation. Then Kavanaugh confirmation goes into indefinite hold.

Kavanaugh must be under incredible pressure.

If he does well tomorrow, and Ford still looks very shaky and uncorroborated, that will be a good first step. I hope Grassley's investigators are working over time to look at Swetnick.

We are watching in real time one of the dirtiest character assassinations in politics.

I am sure they do want an FBI investigation and that is the war cry on fake news MSM. However President Trump will never authorize it, especially for this fools allegations.

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from online search, Swetnick dob is 30 Dec 1962

Kavanaugh dob is 12 Feb 1965

Swetnick is 2 years, 1 mos older than Kavanaugh

From Gaithersburg HS records, looks like Swetnick graduated in 1981

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
from online search, Swetnick dob is 30 Dec 1962

Kavanaugh dob is 12 Feb 1965

Swetnick is 2 years, 1 mos older than Kavanaugh
So she was a pioneer cougar? Gotcha. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6250 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
If I am reading right this third accuser is not saying Brett Kavanaugh ever touched her. She is saying she remembers him being at parties where these gang rapes were allegedly going on and witnessed him supposedly grinding against other girls.

If that is the case what is the crime? Even it is was true how can it be proven that the girls Brett Kavanaugh was allegedly grinding against did not want the attention or did not mind it?

Now I don't believe any of this at all about Brett Kavanaugh but these are extremely week allegations about third party activities.

Am I wrong about this?

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for the love child to appear.

Posts: 20212 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Avenatti said he wished to share that information “immediately” with the FBI.

They want that FBI investigation. Then Kavanaugh confirmation goes into indefinite hold.

Kavanaugh must be under incredible pressure.

If he does well tomorrow, and Ford still looks very shaky and uncorroborated, that will be a good first step. I hope Grassley's investigators are working over time to look at Swetnick.

We are watching in real time one of the dirtiest character assassinations in politics.

That has been the point from the first minute Grassley gaveled the hearing to order. The FBI wasn’t going to find anything, but it would take weeks to do so. This whole tawdry ordeal would have been avoided, but the GDCs would have pushed the confirmation past the midterms into eternity.

The seat would still be open, nobody’s life would be ruined, no real lying, everyone would live more or less happily ever after.

But NO! The GOP wanted to play hardball! Be unreasonable! Not collegial!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
A couple of the better Twitter comments:

Posts: 6070 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Still waiting for the love child to appear.

This is the only love child available and she ain't Kavanaugh's. Hell she isn't even Bill's!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20344 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've said it before--I don't think Dr. Ford will be there.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy
If she doesn't show then Grassley should say "Well, we're all here we will now have the committee vote."

Posts: 10189 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
If they get past these accusers, someone will cue up the priests and barnyard animals.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

Why wouldn't she show up? She has nothing to lose and everything to gain. Anita Hill is still celebrated for her attempt to keep Justice Thomas from being confirmed. And, even if it was possible to prove she committed perjury, no one would have the balls to pursue it. I think it's a win-win for her no matter the outcome.

The Liberals just loves them anyone willing to get down in the mud to ruin a Conservative.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10737 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to like the circus.

Posts: 7028 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anita Hill just spoke in Utah yesterday.
Making allegations against a prominent conservative assures a future lifetime of celebrity, adoring followers, book deals, speaking tours, general fame, and untold riches....I am actually surprised when they can only find two or three women willing to do it.
Maybe you have to audition for the role and they only accept the most credible actresses.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I sneaked a peek at Kavenaugh's 1982 diary.
If those of us who have muddled through life in a disorganized fashion want to see what it takes to be prepared for a high-powered law career, here it is. Includes entries such as "lift weights", "Play tennis with Mom", "Mow the lawn", "Get a haircut", etc. With checkmarks for each thing done.
And this is in high school! Scary!

I have known guys like that. They dont get drunk at parties and attempt to rape girls, get drunk at Yale and rub their sausage on people, and they are not involved in coordinated and planned drugged/ gang rape.

They have a plan, they follow it and they dont take shit from nobody. I watched a kid in 10th grade sit down with his dad and put together a plan to go to the naval academy. He followed the plan. and because of him, I got to go to my first Army / Navy game.

These things aren't mutually exclusive, you know.

I'm very organized, plan and follow plans very well, I'm an Analyst and Project Manager after all with many many millions worth of successful projects under my belt, and while I've most certainly never raped or sexually assaulted anyone - I've been to tons and tons of parties, concerts, and the rest, and drank and such at a great many of them, dated all manner of women - some loose and whatnot, as have countless others.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
From the New York Times, not exactly a friend of President Trump or the republican party.

None of Ms. Swetnick’s claims could be independently corroborated by The New York Times, and her lawyer, Michael Avenatti, declined to make her available for an interview.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0...natti-kavenaugh.html

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
From the New York Times, not exactly a friend of President Trump or the republican party.

None of Ms. Swetnick’s claims could be independently corroborated by The New York Times, and her lawyer, Michael Avenatti, declined to make her available for an interview.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0...natti-kavenaugh.html

Swamp rats they may be, but they have enough sense to not fall into a trap. Best testimony there is as to the validity of all this trash.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
There is a fight for the heart and soul of this Republic...it started with the election and it goes on with every step this administration makes to bring back the America we knew, loved and fought for...God damn any and all who stand in the way!...fuck a bunch of democrats, male or female...to quote Martin Luther..."here I stand, I can do no other. God help me, Amen"...

Republicans grow some testicular or vaginal backbone and get on with this vote...put our Republic first!...remember, you have "Republic" in your name!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10591 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Ford's polygraph was 2 questions

(seen at Charles Cooke Twitter page)

host images

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post