SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
And then she kept going to these parties.

quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Drugged and gang raped against your will and you did not go to the police? Roll Eyes

Right. So either she witnessed others being similarly abused and did nothing (she is an accomplice), or she was "abused" and kept coming back for more, or more likely, this is all just a big old lie.

A paid participant?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
She says she has a "public trust" active clearance

Confidential Access
Information considered confidential refers to names, addresses, birth dates and personal identification numbers, such as Social Security numbers

Public trust clearance is all that's necessary for what the federal government considers confidential information. Some use "public trust" and "confidential" interchangeably. Public trust clearance is the lowest level of security clearance.

Employees of the Internal Revenue Service or the Social Security Administration generally have public trust security clearance due to the nature of their duties in handling taxpayers' personally identifiable information.

https://info.legalzoom.com/pub...clearance-20523.html

Posts: 19658 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Cannot confirm it is the same person,but Comptroller of MD recorded a lien against a Julie Swetnick in Oct 2015
The lien was for $ 62,821

Of course she will say her indebtedness has nothing to do with her credibility....

But, she's probably being paid and the indebtedness and associated problems will go away...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24260 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
You would think that with all these allegations that have only come out in the past couple of weeks, the 6 FBI background checks on Kavanaugh would've found something nefarious.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 10189 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Another thought occurred to me (and naturally I ran to tell you all first):

If you had a an explosive criminal allegation that could tank a SCOTUS nominee, would you go to someone like Avenatti to help you present it? Seems like the most certain way to cast doubt on your claims as a partisan stunt.

If I believed what I was saying and wanted the Senate and country to take me seriously, I think I would pursue it differently. I wouldn't run to hire the most controversial, bombastic, anti-Trump, liberal, progressive presidential contending ambulance chaser I could find. To me that is the first of many indications that this is nonsense.

There are hundreds of fine lawyers in DC who are connected in the political scene, but she decided that Avenatti was the right guy. Questionable for sure.

Posts: 6069 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I see the DELAY, DELAY, DELAY game by the goddamned Demoshits has gone into hyperdrive.

Grassley BETTER NOT ROLL OVER. Mad

Posts: 34054 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
This new way of doing things sure portends an exciting future!

Why, just think about the 2020 election. Whomever the Democrats nominate - I will have been victimized by him/her. I won't be able to remember where, when, or even how - but, nonetheless, I will have been a victim of him/her.

I don't like to travel, so everyone will have to come to my location to prove their candidate is innocent. (Because now, with this new paradigm, the candidate will be guilty until he/she can prove his/her innocence.)

The candidate will have to testify first, so I will be afforded the opportunity to create a rebuttal against whatever he/she says.

I will have friends who will claim they were victimized, too - I mean, why the Hell not?

Yes, indeed - an exciting future is at hand!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10735 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action”

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9859 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Of course it is nonsense. But the left DOES NOT CARE. Period. IF there were ANYTHING like this in Kavanaugh's history it would have come out at some point in his public life.

The left HATES this country. Hates it. And they WILL NOT STOP. History proves that. We need to stop judging the left by our moral code and stop being surprised by what they are capable of. They are capable of ANYTHING necessary to achieve their goals.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I see the DELAY, DELAY, DELAY game by the goddamned Demoshits has gone into hyperdrive.

Grassley BETTER NOT ROLL OVER. Mad

At this point I am pretty sure it will not. Democrats demanded halting proceeding any further with Brett Kavanaugh after second accuser with her baseless claims and that was ignored by calling it what is was. Some may not like Grassley and McDonnell but they are not stupid people and are actually shrewd politicians. They darn well know that this will not stop and the longer they wait to have a confirmation vote on Brett Kavanaugh the worse the chances are that he will get confirmed. Also time is quickly running out for the opportunity to try to get another nominee through the confirmation process by the end of the year just in case Brett Kavanaugh is not confirmed.

Posts: 9775 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
DEMs are pushing hard for an FBI investigation.

The instant that would start, they would be screaming they couldn't nominate someone under FBI investigation.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The committee (someone ?) stupidly released Kavanuagh's calendar. It showed a week at Beach Week.

Swetnick's affadivit says she witnessed "such conduct" during "Beach Week".

(same game that Glenn Simpson plays)

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
This will never stop.

Unless it is stopped.

Period.

The vote is Friday morning.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11123 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Another thing that really bothers me is how much are we going to see of this tactic during the mid term elections? Let's say similar smears are done against key republican senators in close races, like Texas, where an accuser comes out a week before election day and alleges sexual misconduct?

Posts: 9775 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
This will never stop.

Unless it is stopped.

Period.

^^^^ This. The Republicans need to say enough with the kangaroo court tactics and vote. Tell the Dems that they will have plenty of time later to pursue impeachment if any of their bullshit warrants it. Which it won't. Time for hardball. Fuck em.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Sure, the first two accusers have no details and now the crazy carnival lawyer is claiming to have a third accuser with details... Sure. What a coincidence since the first two accusers stories are a laughable and falling apart. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again.

Posts: 7727 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
They went too far with this new allegation. It's beyond made up. There's no way someone remembers anything so well from parties in the 80's.

More importantly, it's now blatantly obvious to everyone how ridiculous this all is. They jumped the shark.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
This will never stop.

Unless it is stopped.

Period.

Yep, just vote. I for one am completely tired of this BS. Vote Kavanaugh onto SCOTUS and start prepping for RBG to keel over.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
They darn well know that this will not stop and the longer they wait to have a confirmation vote on Brett Kavanaugh the worse the chances are that he will get confirmed. Also time is quickly running out for the opportunity to try to get another nominee through the confirmation process by the end of the year just in case Brett Kavanaugh is not confirmed.

Exactly.
If they can't confirm Brett Kavanaugh the Democrats will essentially have a veto on any Trump nominee. Even moreso if they win seats in the midterms. Trump will then have to "negotiate" a nominee with them before hand and that means another liberal like Anthony Kennedy will be nominated after they sunk Bork.
It's crucial that Republicans confirm Brett Kavanaugh.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24260 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This is all devolving into a Kafkaesque like escapade.

As Kavanaugh recently said in reply to the third outrageous accusation, this is the twilight zone.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

I would not be surprised if this was all very well orchestrated and set up to fire in sequence, 1,2,3

there may be a 4,5,6...

That's why it is vital to shoot some of these stories down.