SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Avenatti releases affidavit of Julie Swetnick of Washington DC who states that Judge and Kavanaugh participated in gang-raping her and other women at house parties.

Twitter

Yep, I buy it. He looks like the type.

Posts: 6070 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
<snip>
Hold everything! Kavanaugh has released his calendar from 1982. He was grounded for three weekends in a row in May.
<snip>

I thought Ford was vague as to the timing of Kavanaugh’s alleged assault – not even specifying the year. She now says it was 1982?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9138 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The Republicans better come out HARD against this latest Avenatti farce.

Vote Friday as scheduled. If people vote no because of this bullshit, they were never going to vote yes. No amount of delay will change that.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Ignore him. He's a dirtbag creep. Everybody knows that. You increase his stature in proportion to the attention you give him. (This was Grassley's mistake with Ford.)

Public statement that the committee cannot keep extending its deadline indefinitely and still do its job for the American people. The vote is Friday morning.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mm_shooter:
If they still pass Judge Kavanaugh, congress critters will be vulnerable, as all it takes is a few angry women voters to listen to the drama to tip the elections leftwards. Dems have already threatened to try to impeach Mr. Kavanaugh after they win. The only thing that could help them is if there is even a semblance of a speedy FBI investigation, like what Mr Bush did with Judge Clarence Thomas before he was confirmed. I honestly think there is insufficient time for this, though, so I think he's been essentially Borked.

That being said, if that position is not filled before midterms, Dems stand a chance at blocking any future Trump nominee if/when they do win the midterms.

In other words: I really want to make sure that all like-minded people vote.

This is what the democrats, Joe Biden in particular, said about the FBI investigation of Clarence Thomas. I can't see how that would help at all, only further delay tactics.

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Avenatti releases affidavit of Julie Swetnick of Washington DC who states that Judge and Kavanaugh participated in gang-raping her and other women at house parties.

Twitter

Yep, I buy it. He looks like the type.

More total bullshit. Other than telling this latest accuser to be interviewed by senate investigators under oath with penalties of prison time for lying, the republicans better ignore this and proceed as scheduled. The more delays the more crap like this that will come out until the end of time if needed.

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us...uct-michael-avenatti

This says it all: She attended TEN parties where all this raping was going on. Roll Eyes Said she got gang raped in 1982 and kept going to parties with Kavanaugh into 1983.

Swetnick added that: “I attended well over 10 house parties in the Washington DC, area during the years 1981-1983 where Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh were present.

“I have reviewed Brett Kavanaugh’s recent claim on Fox News regarding his alleged ‘innocence’ during his high school years and lack of sexual activity. This claim is absolutely false and a lie. I witnessed Brett Kavanaugh consistently engage in excessive drinking and inappropriate contact of a sexual nature with women during the early 1980s,” she stated.

“In approximately 1982, I became the victim of one of these ‘gang’ or ‘train’ rapes where Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh were present.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My god, there has to be some type of consequence for telling these outright false, salacious, undignified accusations for the pure purpose of assassinating a man's character.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Michael Avenatti can’t help himself.

Democrats have a gang rape fantasy.

“We are aware of significant evidence of multiple house parties in the Washington, D.C. area during the early 1980s, during which Brett Kavanaugh, Mark Judge and others would participate in the targeting of women with alcohol/drugs to allow a ‘train’ of men to subsequently gang rape them,” cable news personality Michael Avenatti claims. “There are multiple witnesses that will corroborate these facts and each of them must be called to testify publicly.”

An anonymous source tells The American Spectator that Avenatti typed that with one hand. And “multiple witnesses,” boasting the same level of credibility of those who can attest to the sound of the men working on the train gang, can “corroborate” this truth.

Like a lot of sexual fantasies, the ones partisans peddle seem unmoored from reality. In your dreams, the Bella Twins may wrestle over the right for the next dance with you. In Democrat dreams, they fantasize about a teenage Brett Kavanaugh presiding over the Supreme Court of Gang Rape. And if you have not noticed, they generally air these fantasies on nighttime cable television in a fevered, breathy manner. It all seems better suited for Cinemax than CNN.

One’s dreams tell us little about the people in them and much about the person fantasizing about them. Imagining one’s political enemies as guilty of the vilest offenses seems a roundabout way of imagining oneself as immersed in a virtuous struggle against evil. If only our enemies so cooperated with this script in real life, then the public would truly see our goodness. Alas, the people we disagree with profoundly on politics do not always diverge profoundly from us in ethics. In other words, a judge’s position, and a perceived one at that in this case, on Roe v. Wade does not indicate a proclivity for gang rape. But for some it does. This makes them, and not the person they inveigh against, guilty of a great evil.

Tellingly, those issuing charges against Brett Kavanaugh all harbor profound political disagreements with him. Michael Avenatti, who talks of running for president against Trump, remains the sole person putting his name to charges that a teenage Brett Kavanaugh gaveled harsh sentences of gang rape against various female folk inside the Beltway. Christine Blasey Ford donated to progressive pressure group ActBlue and Senator Bernie Sanders, marched against Donald Trump, and signed a letter by health professionals protesting the administration’s border policies. Deborah Ramirez, who accuses Kavanaugh of exposing himself to her at Yale, told the New Yorker that she “works toward human rights, social justice, and social change.”

Does Brett Kavanaugh so politicize his predatory behavior that he only targets left-wing activists or do left-wing activists make up tales of predatory behavior to target the judge?

Sexual assault strikes as such a dehumanizing crime. Its perpetrators regard victims as objects rather than actual human beings with autonomy and feelings. False accusations of sexual assault similarly strip the victims of their humanity. In this case, Kavanaugh’s detractors rely on ends-justify-the-means ethics in rationalizing the violence they do to his reputation. They see Kavanaugh as a threat to Roe v. Wade and much else that they hold dear. So, if preserving Roe means destroying Kavanaugh, then that strikes them as a fair deal. If the shoe were on the other foot — and it was in the 1990s — would they so eagerly believe the accusers?

Those reflexively believing accusers whose voices and even faces in moving pictures remain foreign to us similarly strip Kavanaugh of, if not his humanity, then, at least, his human rights. Due process, the right to confront an accuser, statutes of limitation, the notion of innocent-until-proven-guilty, and much else appears to Kavanaugh’s detractors as process worth discarding when the accuser holds disliked views.

Ideology makes smart people fall for stupid ideas. It also makes otherwise good people embrace evil behavior.

https://spectator.org/democrat...a-gang-rape-fantasy/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Drugged and gang raped against your will and you did not go to the police? Roll Eyes

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
And then she kept going to these parties.

quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Drugged and gang raped against your will and you did not go to the police? Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4341 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

quote:

Was just typing the same thing as you posted. Methinks this is all a tall tale.

Posts: 6070 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What’s the deal with Senator Blumenthal from CT? He doesn’t appear to me as just a sleazy scumbag like Schumer et al., but rather just a really stupid fellow - or useful idiot. He seems sincere about the ridiculous statements he makes on TV.

How the hell does he get elected?

Posts: 3963 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Just a couple quick questions for anyone who buys into this nonsense.

1 - Why are these allegations coming out one at a time and at the exact moment they are perceived to do the most damage to the Kavanaugh confirmation?
2 - 'If' any of this were true, why didn't all of these allegations (and any others) surface before or during the confirmation hearing?

Of course the answers are simple and self evident, to anyone who isn't a leftist.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
He lied about serving in Vietnam so I don't think he's stupid, just a scumbag.

quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
What’s the deal with Senator Blumenthal from CT? He doesn’t appear to me as just a sleazy scumbag like Schumer et al., but rather just a really stupid fellow - or useful idiot. He seems sincere about the ridiculous statements he makes on TV.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4341 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:

He's from Connecticut. Half the state are Yankees fans and half are Red Sox fans. No good ever comes from a place like that.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Cannot confirm it is the same person,

but Comptroller of MD recorded a lien against a Julie Swetnick in Oct 2015

The lien was for $ 62,821

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
“Just don’t let the clock run out.”

Every time we get to ~24 hours before a vote, another bomb gets lobbed.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

quote:

Right. So either she witnessed others being similarly abused and did nothing (she is an accomplice), or she was "abused" and kept coming back for more, or more likely, this is all just a big old lie.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1497 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

He's from Connecticut. Half the state are cYankees fans and half are Red Sox fans. No good ever comes from a place like that.

LOL
And the Yankees have how many championships?
And who has the best record in baseball today?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post