SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
We should be discussing what Scotch, or other refined beverage, we'll be enjoying to celebrate this occasion.

I have a bottle of Copper Fox Rye I'm looking forward to opening on that evening... and in Judge Kavanaugh's particular honor, I'll have a couple of beers earlier in the day.

Heck, if I knew what kinds of beer he likes, I'd send him a case.

Not fancy, but I have an old bottle of Jack that I take a shot from whenever I really want to drink to something. The last shot was taken the day President Trump took office. I think this is a good enough occasion seeing all the bullshit he went through to get here.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Hmmm...guess I'll have a couple of days to track down some Zimas Big Grin

No, no, no, no, no, - you live on the Pacific Coast, let that foul swill diieeeee!!!

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I’ll pop a Sweetwater IPA when they vote, no matter what time it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I have a selection of American-made craft Ryes to choose from (EH Taylor, Van Winkle, and Thomas Handy) in the event of a successful confirmation. I haven't been drunk in months, or even noticeably buzzed, but it will be fun if there's reason to celebrate.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Georgetown professor says white GOP senators ‘deserve miserable deaths’ after Kavanaugh hearing

https://www.foxnews.com/us/geo...er-kavanaugh-hearing

and here is the little snowflake...

An anti-Trump professor at Georgetown University is taking heat for a tweet saying white Republican senators who were at Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's hearing Friday should be castrated and endure a miserable death.

Dr. Carol Christine Fair, an associate professor in the Security Studies Program at Georgetown, said white Republican senators, specifically Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC, who defended Kavanaugh in a fiery speech, “deserve miserable deaths." Fair went on to say in her Saturday message that the living should “castrate their corpses and feed them to swine."

“Look at [this] chorus of entitled white men justifying a serial rapist’s arrogated entitlement,” she wrote. “All of them deserve miserable deaths while feminists laugh as they take their last gasps. Bonus: we castrate their corpses and feed them to swine? Yes.”

The week before, Fair went on a profanity-laced Twitter tirade against Kavanaugh, calling the embattled nominee a “rapist” and “perjurer.” She described the GOP as a “f---ing death cult” and “filthy swine.”

One Georgetown student pointed out the oldest Catholic university in America would not recruit students with this kind of behavior in their online portfolio, and it makes no sense coming from a distinguished professor, either.

YALE LAW SCHOOL PROFESSORS CANCEL CLASS AS STUDENTS PROTEST KAVANAUGH NOMINATION

“I don’t think people that Georgetown actually employs should be held to a significantly lower standard,” one student told Campus Reform, “And clearly, any of her students that see this rant are going to feel threatened if they have opinions that differ from hers.”

Fair told Fox News the tweets are part of her “private speech” and referred to a blog post she wrote on her personal site in which she wrote she chose her words specifically, and they were “intended to make you uncomfortable.”

ANTI-TRUMP GEORGETOWN PROFESSOR GOES ON PROFANE TIRADE AGAINST KAVANAUGH, GOP

A Georgetown University spokesperson told Fox News the views of faculty members expressed in their private capacities are their own and not the views of the university.

"Our policy does not prohibit speech based on the person presenting ideas or the content of those ideas, even when those ideas may be difficult, controversial or objectionable,” the statement said. “While faculty members may exercise freedom of speech, we expect that their classrooms and interaction with students be free of bias and geared toward thoughtful, respectful dialogue."

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53805 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Monica McLean

https://www.wsj.com/articles/f...ns=prod/accounts-wsj

WSJ

A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh, which she later updated to say that she believed but couldn’t corroborate Dr. Ford’s account, according to people familiar with the matter.

Leland Keyser, who Dr. Ford has said was present at the gathering where she was allegedly assaulted in the 1980s, told investigators that Monica McLean , a retired Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and a friend of Dr. Ford’s, had urged her to clarify her statement, the people said.

The statement to the FBI offers a glimpse into how Dr. Ford’s allies were working behind the scenes to lobby old classmates to bolster their versions of the alleged incident, as were Judge Kavanaugh’s.

On Thursday, a day after sending to the White House the report on its investigation into the allegations against Judge Kavanaugh, the FBI sent the White House and Senate an additional package of information that included text messages from Ms. McLean to Ms. Keyser, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Ms. McLean’s lawyer, David Laufman , said in a statement: “Any notion or claim that Ms. McLean pressured Leland Keyser to alter Ms. Keyser’s account of what she recalled concerning the alleged incident between Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh is absolutely false.”

Ms. Keyser’s lawyer on Sept. 23 said in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee that she had no recollection of attending a party with Judge Kavanaugh, whom she said she didn’t know. That same day, however, she told the Washington Post that she believed Dr. Ford. On Sept. 29, two days after Dr. Ford and the judge testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Ms. Keyser’s attorney sent a letter to the panel saying his client wasn’t refuting Dr. Ford’s account and that she believed it but couldn’t corroborate it.

A person close to the former classmates said it was her understanding that mutual friends of Dr. Ford and Ms. Keyser, including Ms. McLean, had contacted Ms. Keyser after her initial statement to warn her that her statement was being used by Republicans to rebut the allegation against Judge Kavanaugh. The friends told Ms. Keyser that if she had intended to say she didn’t remember the party—not that it had never happened—that she should clarify her statement, the person said, adding that the friends hadn’t “pressured” Ms. Keyser.

There is no indication Dr. Ford and her legal team were involved in any effort to discuss Ms. Keyser’s statement with her, according to people familiar with the matter.

no, they used McLean

In his testimony last week, Judge Kavanaugh sought to use Ms. Keyser’s initial statement to undercut his accuser. “Dr. Ford’s allegation is not merely uncorroborated, it is refuted by the very people she says were there, including by a long-time friend of hers,” he said. “Refuted.”

Two days later, Ms. Keyser’s lawyer said in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee: “Ms. Keyser does not refute Dr. Ford’s account, and she has already told the press that she believes Dr. Ford’s account.” Mr. Walsh added: “However, the simple and unchangeable truth is that she is unable to corroborate it because she has no recollection of the incident in question.”

In her testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee last week, Dr. Ford said she had never told Ms. Keyser about her assault. “She didn’t know about the event. She was downstairs during the event and I did not share it with her,” Dr. Ford said.

Dr. Ford also said she didn’t “expect” that Ms. Keyser would remember the evening, calling it a “very unremarkable party.”

This is Ms. McLean’s second appearance in the weekslong drama around Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination. On Wednesday, she issued a statement rejecting an assertion that Dr. Ford had coached her on how to take a polygraph test. The assertion was made by a former boyfriend of Dr. Ford in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

reminder: Monica McLean was at the hearing. She walked in with Ford and the 2 lawyers

Leland Keyser is an example of how biased women have become. She was named by Ford as being at the party. It has been reported she was completely blindsided by that. She had no warning from Ford that she would be identified as part of this sexual assault claim. She said she has no memory of the gathering. She said she did not know Kavanaugh. Yet, still, she believes Ford's accusation of sexual assault.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Conservative Treehouse points out that Monica McLean's lawyer is David Laufman

https://theconservativetreehou...atement/#more-154939

David Laufman was the Department of Justice – National Security Division, Deputy Asst. Attorney General in charge of counterintelligence, cyber security, counterespionage and export controls. He was inside the DOJ-NSD when the FISA application against Carter Page, and by extension the Trump campaign, was constructed, submitted and approved.

David Laufman abruptly resigned from his DOJ position on Wednesday February 7th, 2018, without notice – citing “personal reasons.” Mr. Laufman was one of the “small group” who interviewed Hillary Clinton, July 2nd, 2016, during the FBI email investigation.

Additionally, In his former DOJ-NSD position, Laufman would have held knowledge of the FISA “Title-1” surveillance program initiated on Carter Page and the “incidental” Trump campaign officials. Laufman would also have close contact with former Asst. Deputy Attorney Bruce Ohr; husband of Fusion GPS employee Nellie Ohr.

more at CT

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

David Laufman tweet on 11 Sep 2018

Am pleased to announce the re-opening of The Law Offices of David H. Laufman, PLLC in Washington, DC, where I will concentrate on representing parties in government investigations and providing corporate compliance counseling.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

David Laufman was the Department of Justice – National Security Division, Deputy Asst. Attorney General in charge of counterintelligence, cyber security, counterespionage and export controls. He was inside the DOJ-NSD when the FISA application against Carter Page, and by extension the Trump campaign, was constructed, submitted and approved.

David Laufman abruptly resigned from his DOJ position on Wednesday February 7th, 2018, without notice – citing “personal reasons.” Mr. Laufman was one of the “small group” who interviewed Hillary Clinton, July 2nd, 2016, during the FBI email investigation.

Additionally, In his former DOJ-NSD position, Laufman would have held knowledge of the FISA “Title-1” surveillance program initiated on Carter Page and the “incidental” Trump campaign officials. Laufman would also have close contact with former Asst. Deputy Attorney Bruce Ohr; husband of Fusion GPS employee Nellie Ohr.

more at CT

After Mr Kavanaugh is confirmed, the Senate Judiciary Committe should demand an investigation into a conspiracy to obstruct Kavanaugh's confirmation.

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Why? Dems will just use it to keep Kavanaugh's name in the news.

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

more at CT

What a tangled web we weave.....

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8620 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
DiFi doesnt look to confident after reviewing the FBI docs today. I wonder why? I think i may see a tear.

Read the letter Grassley sent back to Ford's lawyers. Pay particular attention to the last paragraph. May explain the sudden silence from DiFi and Hirono.

Relevant portion:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/big-...h-confirmation-vote/

Daines’ daughter’s wedding is on Saturday, and he intends to walk her down the aisle at her wedding. But if needed, as Breitbart News has learned per a source close with Sen. Daines, the senator has assured Kavanaugh that there is a plane standing by to transport him to the U.S. Senate to confirm Kavanaugh on Saturday night

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

diff topic

in the letter above posted by bama, that last paragraph not only identifies communications to Feinstein and Hirono, but also to Keyser and the other two accusers

There is a hell of a story here, if it ever gets out

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Delusional implies that she believes it herself, though it is false. That's entirely possible.

Maybe, but I doubt it.

Ford threw friends under the bus. It's strange, Kavanaugh had hundreds of friends, co-workers and colleagues come out to attest to his integrity, but the only people supporting Ford were strangers; activists, politicians, and lawyers. I'm convinced Feinstein and others basically conned Ford into being a hired victim, convincing her that they will beat Trump and Kavanaugh.

Ford is just another castoff in a long line of collateral damage for the Commie Cause.

I now believe you are right. I was willing to accept that although false, she may have believed it herself.
However, this "supplemental investigation" has turned up enough information from Leland Keyser on Monica McLean that it is now looking like the entire thing was fabricated between Monica McLean and Chrissy Blasey Ford. How far did the conspiracy go? Surely, "her" lawyers, recommended to her by DiFi were part of it.... and it may go all the way to DiFi herself.

There existed a conspiracy, at least between Monica McLean and Chrissy Blasey Ford, to take down a Supreme Court nomination based on false and fabricated testimony. These people should be prosecuted and punished. I think it's apparent that Chuck Grassley believes that Diane Feinstein may have been involved in orchestrating this, in which case she should be removed from the Senate.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to see the full story told of the political and legal machine that was assembled by the Democrats on behalf of all of Kavanaugh's accusers. It's a deep state swamp of epic proportions.

Posts: 2532 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I imagine this will all fade off into the sunset in coming weeks but I'd love to see things pursued. As a man I have a real problem with sexual allegations equaling guilt and condemnation. If something isn't done to quell false accusations it will only get worse. True sexual assault victims should be beyond furious.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What a dream it would be for the whole sordid truth to come out exposing the dems for what they did. Kavanaugh making it on the court would satisfy me just fine, but seeing true justice unfold would be such a righteous feeling.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Witness Told FBI That Ford's 'Allies' Pressured Her To Change Story, Report Says

A woman that Christine Blasey Ford claimed was at the party where Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh allegedly assaulted her circa 1982 told FBI investigators that Dr. Ford's "allies" tried to pressure her to change her story about what happened.

Leland Keyser told investigators that Ford's friend, former FBI agent Monica McLean, had urged her to alter the original statement that she gave about not remembering any such party and not knowing Kavanaugh, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The Journal noted that Keyser's statement to the FBI offered "a glimpse into how Dr. Ford’s allies were working behind the scenes to lobby old classmates to bolster their versions of the alleged incident."

A source close to the situation told the Journal that Dr. Ford's friends "including Ms. McLean, had contacted Ms. Keyser after her initial statement to warn her that her statement was being used by Republicans to rebut the allegation against Judge Kavanaugh."

In a statement, David Laufman, McLean's attorney, denied the allegations, writing: "Any notion or claim that Ms. McLean pressured Leland Keyser to alter Ms. Keyser’s account of what she recalled concerning the alleged incident between Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh is absolutely false."

The Journal notes that allies of Kavanaugh also reached out to people, including former classmate Karen Yarasavage, who said that she was asked to go on record about the allegation made by Deborah Ramirez.

Ford's ex-boyfriend claimed this week in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee that Ford had coached McLean on how to pass a polygraph test so she could get into the FBI. This accusation was serious because, if true, Ford perjured herself under oath when she said that she had "never" given anyone any tips on how to take a polygraph test.

This latest revelation comes after Ford's story was thoroughly discredited by Rachel Mitchell, the prosecutor that questioned her during her testimony in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee, who said that her story was "even weaker" than a "he said, she said" case.

Lisa Boothe ✔
@LisaMarieBoothe

Can everyone please stop pretending like Dr. Ford is credible now? She is NOT credible. It’s painfully obvious. I feel like I’ve been living in the Twilight Zone.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...change-ryan-saavedra

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Grassley speaking in Senate now

he is ripping Feinstein and other DEMs on the Jud Comm

Grassley is on fire

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Witness Told FBI That Ford's 'Allies' Pressured Her To Change Story, Report Says

A woman that Christine Blasey Ford claimed was at the party where Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh allegedly assaulted her circa 1982 told FBI investigators that Dr. Ford's "allies" tried to pressure her to change her story about what happened.

Leland Keyser told investigators that Ford's friend, former FBI agent Monica McLean, had urged her to alter the original statement that she gave about not remembering any such party and not knowing Kavanaugh, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The Journal noted that Keyser's statement to the FBI offered "a glimpse into how Dr. Ford’s allies were working behind the scenes to lobby old classmates to bolster their versions of the alleged incident."

A source close to the situation told the Journal that Dr. Ford's friends "including Ms. McLean, had contacted Ms. Keyser after her initial statement to warn her that her statement was being used by Republicans to rebut the allegation against Judge Kavanaugh."

In a statement, David Laufman, McLean's attorney, denied the allegations, writing: "Any notion or claim that Ms. McLean pressured Leland Keyser to alter Ms. Keyser’s account of what she recalled concerning the alleged incident between Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh is absolutely false."

The Journal notes that allies of Kavanaugh also reached out to people, including former classmate Karen Yarasavage, who said that she was asked to go on record about the allegation made by Deborah Ramirez.

Ford's ex-boyfriend claimed this week in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee that Ford had coached McLean on how to pass a polygraph test so she could get into the FBI. This accusation was serious because, if true, Ford perjured herself under oath when she said that she had "never" given anyone any tips on how to take a polygraph test.

This latest revelation comes after Ford's story was thoroughly discredited by Rachel Mitchell, the prosecutor that questioned her during her testimony in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee, who said that her story was "even weaker" than a "he said, she said" case.

Lisa Boothe ✔
@LisaMarieBoothe

Can everyone please stop pretending like Dr. Ford is credible now? She is NOT credible. It’s painfully obvious. I feel like I’ve been living in the Twilight Zone.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...change-ryan-saavedra

Prosecute them all.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
And for those that want to point out Saturday is a weekend please remember those of us who have served to defend America did not have an option to get home for every family event, even though they may have occurred on the weekend.

Speaking for myself and my family, I did an accounting at one point in my army career. I spent some 65% of my time away from my family!!

And this wile on accompanied tours to Germany and the US.

Not even counting the year I spent without my family while I was in Iran!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post