SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If the statements they have were good enough we wouldn't be doing this. They want statements to the FBI.

Mitch already has plenty of "get out of jail free" cards for this farce but none of them are good enough for Flake, Murkowski, or Collins. They want FBI statements. There will be no difference, but they want them.

They agreed to a week, no more, but I do not see two of those three saying "well weeks up, lets go".

They need to be put on the board as "no" and the focus needs to go to a few dems. The VP can break the tie.

I think Collins will be a yes regardless of the week deadline, but padding it with Manchin will be good.

Flake knew exactly what he was doing. This is a man who went to Africa in August so he would not be available to vote in the senate.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been watching as much of these proceedings as possible and relying on Fox News for the recaps.

This whole process reaffirms my long held belief that we,as citizens of this country, don't send our best or brightest to represent us anymore. IF there are any true statesmen left in D.C. I'll bet you can count them on one hand.

The state of affairs has devolved into to what it is simply because no one with a modicum of class (or good sense) would want the job.

Now, as witnessed by these "hearings", these perpetual politicians are running around in circles throwing sucker punches and then running away like a scolded school yard bully. It isn't hard to be brave when you are hiding behind someone.
I would say that they behave like children. But, upon reflection, that is demeaning to kids. So. I'll save that for later.
Common sense ,and intelligence in general, seem to be in woefully short supply inside the Beltway.

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
At this ridiculous point in the Kavanaugh nomination process, I wish the FBI would send agents tomorrow to

Christine Ford
Brett Kavanaugh
Mark Judge
Leland Keyser
Patrick Smyth

Collect the results of those interviews and report back. If there is nothing new, let McConnell bring this to an end.

Don't wait a whole week. Let the DEMs howl.

If these assholes Flake, Murkowski, and Collins are going to betray the country, yet again, bring it to a head rapidly.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I recall, the FBI investigated Anita Hill’s allegation(s) in two days. While I’m extremely pissed that the Republicans continue to reward Democratic bad behavior, I’m optimistic BK will shortly join the Supreme Court.

At least I have 4 hours from yesterday to be proud of Republicans with spines.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Our leftist media makes it nearly impossible to stand firm against Democratic shenanigans. If we only had a functioning media, the vote would already have been taken.

Posts: 1990 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I recall, the FBI investigated Anita Hill’s allegation(s) in two days.

Lol if we could get this type of efficiency from the FBI I might rethink my rather horrible opinion of them.

I fear that was the old FBI, the one I read about when I was a kid. Could we call those agents out of retirement for one more mission for their country?

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
We'll get through this guys.

But it's a hell of a lot of shit to clean off our shoes.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Here's hoping the gd dems get all that shit shoved down their fucking throats !

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Just remember this...

Hillary is not POTUS and I for one am happy about that fact. If she had won we wouldn't be going through all of this.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3518 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Happy about that, each and every day, sir.

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
One less investigation they'll have to do: Kavanaugh's ex-girlfriend refutes mother's anonymous accusations sent to Senate

I was wondering if that alleged ex-GF would speak up.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
The FBI will investigate an incident that happened where ? When ? Who was there ? No one knows. How do you get a warrant, every home in the area, and every person 36 years ago?

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
These aren't suspects, they are witnesses from whom you are seeking background information. You don't show up to their work or home and ask to talk to them. They have lawyers. You contact them, you negotiate times, locations, people present, will the water be Evian or Fiji, who pays for the water....the list goes on.

A week? I might take back a few (not alot) of the hatfull things I have said about the FBI if they get this done in a week.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
This is all very frustrating. Patience has never been a strong suit of mine, which doesn’t help. It is clear that there are a lot of moving pieces and the razor thin margin doesn’t help. I trust that our Republican leaders are doing all they can with the cards they hold.

I do hope that we end up getting yes votes out of our three wayward RINO children and that every single DemonRAT votes no. I also hope that it costs every single red state DemonRAT the election in November. It would be wonderful if the Ace of Spades speculation comes to pass and the FBI burns some DemonRATs at the stake, but I am not holding my breath on that. I’ll just keep hoping for the best and keep up with this thread.

Thank you Para for hosting such a great place to come get the truth!

Posts: 6956 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
A week? I might take back a few (not alot) of the hatfull things I have said about the FBI if they get this done in a week.

They got through Weiner's laptop in a weekend, didn't they? They're certainly capable of doing this in a week's time I should think. (Hope)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
These aren't suspects, they are witnesses from whom you are seeking background information. You don't show up to their work or home and ask to talk to them. They have lawyers. You contact them, you negotiate times, locations, people present, will the water be Evian or Fiji, who pays for the water....the list goes on.

Poppycock! When the BI for my Top Secret classification was done, the FBI just showed up anywhere and talked to the people--next door neighbors (from 20 years earlier), coworkers, church members, you name it. And they didn't say what it was that they were investigating, either.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I’ve only read the last 35 pages of this thread, give or take. I’ve seen an “Ace of Spades” reference a couple times but I’m afraid I don’t know what it refers to.

Cliff notes?

Posts: 6392 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

Poppycock! When the BI for my Top Secret classification was done, the FBI just showed up anywhere and talked to the people--next door neighbors (from 20 years earlier), coworkers, church members, you name it. And they didn't say what it was that they were investigating, either.

flashguy

When I was in grad school, I was surprised when someone from the department chair's office came down to the grad student lounge to tell me that the FBI was there to talk to me. Talk about feeling weak in the knees wondering what they might have (mistakenly) thought I'd done.

It was a background check for a friend.

They can be quite efficient and do what they need to do within the week.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2125 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am looking back at Christine Ford's testimony.

One thing available is a video that oddball posted much earlier in this thread.

Christine Ford didn't even have a memory of what year the alleged attack occurred .

In the hand written notes for the polygraph, she wrote "one high school summer in 80's".

She had scratched out "early".

When Rachel Mitchell asked her how she narrowed down the time frame to 1982, Ford said she used memories of when she got her drivers license.

She did not drive home from the party or to the party. She got her license on her 16th birthday.

That birthday would have been November 1982. So she concluded it was the summer of 1982.

Think on that. She couldn't remember what year it was. Her 1982 was based on when she got her drivers license.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post