SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
Just moved to Loudoun County. So would you all buy another AR receiver right now??

I'd get a lot more physically involved if I could, so far just keeping it financially and virtually involved.

Buy what you want now, try to keep it off the books of at all possible. Don’t talk about it.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just moved to Loudoun County. So would you all buy another AR receiver right now??

I'd get a lot more physically involved if I could, so far just keeping it financially and virtually involved.

I have the same question, particularly the timing. I assume next Wednesday (Jan 8th) the Dems will vote/sign into law an immediate ban, thus barring any shipments into Virginia. Perhaps the next day or two would be the last such opportunity?? (I don't know)

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
King Ralph is asking for an extra $4.8m for 18 person team to kick in your doors. Add to that another $2m for background checks and other measures. So not only his he trying to steal my shit and jail me, he also wants me to fund it. Nice. I wonder what good the $7m he's requested for jails, task force, and universal background checks could do if he used it on criminals instead of law abiding citizens?

He's going to need to increase the $250,000 he asked for to jail lawful gun owners, that's only enough for a couple of people.

Virginia governor’s call for 18-person gun ban force comes under fire

Washington Examiner

Virginia’s pop-up gun sanctuary movement has turned its attention to fighting the governor’s call for a $4.8 million, 18-officer team to enforce his proposed “assault weapons” ban.

Two key groups issued an alert this week to push gun owners to four budget hearings Thursday around the state, asking them to quiz state legislators if they will vote to ban or confiscate weapons.

“We understand that this is short notice. But it would have a significant impact if many of our members could show up and make a 3-minute statement and ask questions of the legislators in attendance,” said the Virginia Citizens Defense League.

“We see in the governor’s proposed budget that he wants $4 million and 18 new law-enforcement positions to enforce a ban on commonly-owned firearms,” said Erich Pratt, Gun Owners of America senior vice president.

“Gun owners want to know: Is this money going to be used for the gun confiscation?” he added.

Both groups have been key in the surprising success of the organic gun sanctuary movement in Virginia that was prompted when Gov. Ralph Northam said he’d back sweeping gun control legislation after Democrats took control of the legislature in the 2019 elections.

The election surprised gun owners and prompted them to subsequently flood town and county meetings to demand that local lawmakers OK sanctuary resolutions to ignore Richmond’s gun control urge.

A surprising 91% of all state counties have adopted the resolutions, sending a signal to state lawmakers.

In two weeks, the groups are planning to bus in thousands of gun owners for a “lobby day” in Richmond to reinforce demands not to pass new gun laws.

The gun control side is also working overtime to win support for gun control initiatives, including expanded background checks and a ban on modern sporting weapons such as AR-15 rifles and pistols.

At today’s budget hearings, the groups have urged their members to ask questions about Northam’s budget that includes $4.8 million for an 18-person force to implement his proposed assault weapons ban.

It also features more than $2 million to hire 10 more to enforce other gun control proposals, including universal background checks, a one gun purchase per month limit, and “extreme risk legislation.”

“We need to get as many pro-gun Virginians as possible to attend these meetings and demand to know if the delegates and senators plan to allocate money -- as delineated in budget -- to confiscate common, household firearms from Virginia citizens,” VCDL wrote in an email alert.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have the same question, particularly the timing. I assume next Wednesday (Jan 8th) the Dems will vote/sign into law an immediate ban, thus barring any shipments into Virginia. Perhaps the next day or two would be the last such opportunity?? (I don't know)

They don't have the votes to enact an immediate ban. To pass a bill as emergency legislation, which takes effect immediately, the General Assembly must approve it with a super-majority of 80% in both chambers. Lacking that, the earliest the General Assembly can pass any gun control bill will be Crossover Day, February 11, so named because that's the day that each chamber gets to consider bills passed by the other. It's also the last day each chamber can pass a bill by simple majority. Any bill so approved by both chambers and signed by the governor will go into effect on July 1.

Posts: 319 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:

Buy what you want now, try to keep it off the books of at all possible. Don’t talk about it.

Yeah screw em, I made a purchase tonight.

I'm just renting in Loudoun County, may have to move to a sanctuary county in range of my work in Herndon.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
quote:

Anything they pass will not go into effect until July 1st. The only way to enact legislation immediately is with (I think) a 4/5 vote. The dems have the state but not by nearly that much. They also can’t get anything passed the first day of the session. Anything introduced on one side (house/senate) has to be sent for a vote from the other side.

ETA: It’s late and I’ve been drinking. Just saw that another post explained it in clearer terms. Derp.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

I'm just renting in Loudoun County, may have to move to a sanctuary county in range of my work in Herndon.[/QUOTE]

Or you could rent a storage facility across the border in one of the sanctuary counties.

Posts: 184 | Location: Great Falls VA | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:

Matai, I bought the Virginia lower that is being sold by PSA. It wasnt a planned purchase, I will also pick up a build kit to complete it as well.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
King Ralph is asking for an extra $4.8m for 18 person team to kick in your doors. Add to that another $2m for background checks and other measures. So not only his he trying to steal my shit and jail me, he also wants me to fund it. Nice. I wonder what good the $7m he's requested for jails, task force, and universal background checks could do if he used it on criminals instead of law abiding citizens?

He's going to need to increase the $250,000 he asked for to jail lawful gun owners, that's only enough for a couple of people.

With the way he is shredding the constitution, I'm surprised that there is not a requirement for private citizens to house and quarter his 18 person team.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

With the way he is shredding the constitution, I'm surprised that there is not a requirement for private citizens to house and quarter his 18 person team.

Draw and quarter?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I suspect that a number of people are already getting things started on the clear and blatant violation of 2A.

Of course it depends on what judge gets involved.

If one from the obummer era, things will no advance much, if at all.

The whole problem started when so many Virginia republicans sat on their complacent, GAS attitudes and didn't bother to vote.

I wonder what will happen if/when these assholes in VA state gubbermint actually do a door kick-in to raid a law abiding citizen because said citizen is said to have a gun(s).

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
I wonder what will happen if/when these assholes in VA state gubbermint actually do a door kick-in to raid a law abiding citizen because said citizen is said to have a gun(s).

I think we're all aware that such an event will be newsworthy, and won't be pretty.

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

I think we're all aware that such an event will be newsworthy, and won't be pretty.

I hate it for the first targets. After word gets out the shit will be zipping towards the fan like a Nolan Ryan fastball.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
18 people is nowhere near enough people for any kind of statewide task force- maybe one county. Certainly not one that proposes to go door to door and collect firearms from people that you can guarantee will fight back. More likely they will be an office that handles investigations and prosecutions.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
18 people is nowhere near enough people for any kind of statewide task force- maybe one county. Certainly not one that proposes to go door to door and collect firearms from people that you can guarantee will fight back. More likely they will be an office that handles investigations and prosecutions.

Yep.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
A number of people have said Rupublicans did it to ourselves by not getting out to vote. There is an attorney, Tim Anderson, who gave some interesting facts about what happened in the recent election.

I was finally able to post a video clip of Anderson. It is in my next post in this thread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10-7 leo,

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
He’s right. Reps stayed home in record numbers. They screwed us all and now they’re upset. Mad

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Listen to him in the video. Republicans actually turned out in higher numbers than dems, but districts were redrawn, by federal court order, by a leftist professor from UC Berkeley. Republican members of VA government filed a lawsuit, but their suit was thrown out by the U.S Supreme Court. The judge claimed that they lacked standing.

I just realized the video is posted in a private group. I downloaded the video and some video editing software. I'll try to get this edited and posted tomorrow. It's late am am too tired to mess with new software tonight.

Here is the video.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10-7 leo,

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post