SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nov-8-2022 Election Results
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nov-8-2022 Election Results Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Looks like Fetterman is going to win.

We can give thanks to lots of idiot Jerseyites and Yonkers who moved to PA and brought with them their stupid political beliefs. Looking at the map and the Southeast trend, it's the former to blame. We need to set up a wall at the DE river!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
^^ where’s a good interactive map to see the results in TX?

Not sure how accurate they are, but Fox News has maps

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I can't believe Hobbs is blowing away Kari Lake in AZ! Maricopa shenanigans again Mad

I haven't been watching. You've got to be shitting me with these numbers.

Katie Hobbs (D) 752,515 56.9%
Kari Lake (R) 569,849 43.1%

Posts: 17221 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
If Hobbs wins, AZ might as well secede from the Union and become a part of Mexico.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
"Don’t California my Texas!"

That's worked elsewhere.
Long ago it was said 'Don't californicate Oregon'

They did anyway.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6323 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Oh stop it with that. He was a great candidate who had absolutely no support from the Republican establishment party.

You are absolutely correct about that. In fact, the list of Republican state senators and politicians at every level who actually endorsed the Democrat is long.

Mastriano's positions did make him unelectable. He is on camera stating that any woman who violates the abortion ban he wanted established should be jailed. The gay marriage issue is over. Nobody wants to relitigate that. Despite the supreme court decision, he said that gay marriage should be banned. Unlike candidates in some other competitive races, Mastriano has shown little interest in tempering his views to court Pennsylvania's crucial moderate voters.

He has called legal abortion “a national catastrophe” and has promised to push a ban on abortions after six weeks of pregnancy if elected governor.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue

A supporter of former President Donald Trump's claims of a stolen 2020 election who was outside the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack, he also has pledged to take the extraordinary step of requiring people to “re-register” to vote — a move that violates federal law, scholars say - and to decertify certain voting machines.

Trump is scheduled to appear at a rally in Pennsylvania on Saturday with Mastriano and other candidates he has endorsed.

But a growing number of Republicans, including former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff this week, have taken the unusual step of publicly denouncing Mastriano's candidacy and backing Shapiro, the state's attorney general.

Jim Schultz, a Philadelphia lawyer who served in Trump’s White House, published an opinion piece on Monday in support of Shapiro. Two days later, Schultz held a fundraiser for the Democrat at a Philadelphia restaurant that included several prominent Republican donors, according to a source familiar with the event.

“I am a conservative, and I will continue to support principled conservative candidates and elected officials," Schultz said in an interview, declining to comment on the fundraiser.

"Doug Mastriano is not a principled conservative. He is an extremist who has supported conspiracy theories and will only serve to divide our party and commonwealth."

Mastriano, who until recently barred all news media from his campaign events and typically grants interviews only to outlets that share his far-right politics, did not respond to requests for comment. Unlike candidates in some other competitive races, Mastriano has shown little interest in tempering his views to court Pennsylvania's crucial moderate voters.

He has called legal abortion “a national catastrophe” and has promised to push a ban on abortions after six weeks of pregnancy if elected governor.

A supporter of former President Donald Trump's claims of a stolen 2020 election who was outside the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack, he also has pledged to take the extraordinary step of requiring people to “re-register” to vote — a move that violates federal law, scholars say - and to decertify certain voting machines.

Trump is scheduled to appear at a rally in Pennsylvania on Saturday with Mastriano and other candidates he has endorsed.

But a growing number of Republicans, including former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff this week, have taken the unusual step of publicly denouncing Mastriano's candidacy and backing Shapiro, the state's attorney general.

Jim Schultz, a Philadelphia lawyer who served in Trump’s White House, published an opinion piece on Monday in support of Shapiro. Two days later, Schultz held a fundraiser for the Democrat at a Philadelphia restaurant that included several prominent Republican donors, according to a source familiar with the event.

“I am a conservative, and I will continue to support principled conservative candidates and elected officials," Schultz said in an interview, declining to comment on the fundraiser.

"Doug Mastriano is not a principled conservative. He is an extremist who has supported conspiracy theories and will only serve to divide our party and commonwealth."

Mastriano, who until recently barred all news media from his campaign events and typically grants interviews only to outlets that share his far-right politics, did not respond to requests for comment.

Posts: 1057 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Where did you cut and paste that anti Mastriano bullshit from? Roll Eyes

You do know you are required to provide a link to things you post, right?

Posts: 33891 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The sad thing about the article you just posted is that you're advocating for politicians who only conform to the Establishment.

That's not what PA or this country needs so you can go pound sand Federales.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It's not a shocker to me that a guy with "Fed" in his handle is willing to shit all over a candidate that isn't an establishment-approved Uniparty clown.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
It's shocking we aren't seeing a massive red wave with how horrible things are. This country is in trouble either way. People are idiots.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
It's shocking we aren't seeing a massive red wave with how horrible things are. This country is in trouble either way. People are idiots.

That's a fact.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30435 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The Libertarians are killing the Republicans in PA and GA. If there were no Libertarian candidate, both Republican senate candidates would be clear winners.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Kelly is walking away with the senate race. It looks like AZ has been fully and permanently blued. You would think that with all the gun owners in AZ, they'd keep AZ Republican. But I guess to many escapees from CA have landed there.

quote:
If Hobbs wins, AZ might as well secede from the Union and become a part of Mexico.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Weaseldriver
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Kelly is walking away with the senate race. It looks like AZ has been fully and permanently blued. You would think that with all the gun owners in AZ, they'd keep AZ Republican. But I guess to many escapees from CA have landed there.

quote:

This but also candidate quality.

Posts: 468 | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
We may end up picking up less than ten seats in the House. I don’t know what to say. It should've been much more. The last two years the dems have been driving the country off of a cliff. We will win the House and perhaps the Senate, but this is not the rebuke the dems deserve. It will not dissuade them one bit from pushing the accelerator down even harder the next time they're fully back in power.

Winning the house is certainly a victory, but I wanted to crush the democrats. I'm not satisfied.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30435 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
...I wanted to crush the democrats. I'm not satisfied.

Me too.
JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

Shocking but not. Back in 96 it became clear to me that a large portion of voters don't know and don't care what the facts are. They believe D = genuinely care about the average people, and R = hateful bigoted old white men who enjoy squashing average people.

It truly is no different than high school student council elections. Whoever is most likable wins.

Posts: 9483 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I agree BH. Too many lazy, uneducated people that want to be told what to do exist in this country and I think the downhill slide is only going to get steeper. I HATE being a pessimist but, looking around today during voting here in PA, I could tell people simply weren't fired up enough and I'm supposed to be in a GOP stronghold.
Sadly, identity politics is going to persist as will the Communist agenda.

"I started my life with a single absolute: that the world was mine to shape in the image of my highest values and never to be given up to a lesser standard, no matter how long or hard the struggle." - Atlas Shrugged

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Michigan top of the ticket will all stay D, which was no surprise.

State Supreme Court will stay the same with a one seat D majority.

All three ballot proposals winning by big margins, all of which are bad. Prop 2 will give 9 days of in person voting which will have a huge economic burden on local units of government.

Posts: 11234 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I was looking for a “red wave”. It didn’t happen.
Sad.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24183 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post