SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How did you chose your Sig Forum handle ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How did you chose your Sig Forum handle ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Started using this years ago as a way to describe how to live. Whenever I’m inclined to be a part of anything I default to “Seize the Day”. When we had a boat I joined a group and CarpeDiem was already taken, so I settled for CarpeNavicula, seize the boat. Seemed funny at the time, not so much now.

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein

Posts: 25 | Location: Southeast  | Registered: October 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Years and years ago we would come back here to the Lake on vacation. Having fished all my life, I, of course, always wanted to go out bass fishing. One of my BIL's once looked at me and said he was going to start calling me Bassamatic. We both started laughing thinking of that stupid old commercial "Bassomatic" from the 70's. That just popped in my head when I joined for some reason.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its my old computer ID from college ('89). We used to have these horrible Sun Microsystems machines and that was the ID they gave me. It was hard to get forget so it stuck.

Posts: 583 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
My initials and how I was often addressed. Chosen because it is seldom taken when selecting usernames.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I’m not remotely clever or sly like some of you guys, so I just used my name and where I live…..and then we moved to Texas.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I owned six handguns when I joined, but also liked the reference to revolvers which three of them were.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Nothing at all to do with the guitar player from Deep Purple and Rainbow.

Actually I had just returned from England when I first needed to register for a gunboard and this place we stayed - Blackmore Farm - is still my favorite of all our trips over. Grade 1 listed building in W. Somerset. Kept the name for continuity's sake everywhere I'm a member.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I selected mine from the orphan and unloved 41 magnum.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I'm not from Pennsylvania.

When I was a teenager I started umpiring baseball. I became a total rule book nerd. I had a book called 'Baseball's Knotty Problems,' which often referred to second base as the 'keystone' base and the second baseman as the 'keystoner.' Ryne Sandberg was my favorite player so second base was my favorite position to play, and there you go.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I was a coffee roaster. I was trying to come up with a screen name to register for a car forum. Someone in the warehouse asked “ where’s the Beancooker at?” When they were looking for me.

That’s when I claimed my name.

My avatar came from some Russian Nissan forum. They had an article and someone had that as an avatar. I promptly stole the smoking baby.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Back when I started, I had a P220 in 45 Auto and two in .38 Super. A 10mm came later.

Now I have more P220s in every other caliber.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Well... my favorite pup at the time was a Rottie named Tyson.

I've used that handle for gaming as well. Guys would pronounce it as Moriarty from Sherlock Holmes. I'd just shake my head and laugh.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in '74 at 19 years old I was the youngest member of the Toledo branch of the Norton Owners Club.

Posts: 763 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Army nickname plus initials.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where I went to college and the year I graduated.

Speed is fine, but accuracy is final

The use of the pen is an indulgence we can afford only because better men and women grip the sword on our behalf -Ralph Peters

Posts: 222 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: July 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I'm a fly fisherman, and here in Michigan there is a type of mayfly called the Brown Drake. The Brown Drake hatch is one of my favorite times to be fishing on Michigan's northern rivers.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I was watching a lot of Seinfeld re-runs at the time, and thought George Costanza's representation that he always wanted to pretend to be an architect (as opposed to actually wanting to be an architect) was pretty damned funny.

I never saw any episodes during their original run, or I probably would have been over it.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Name and number on the back of my baseball jersey.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
lyman is my middle name, and the middle name of my Dad and Granddad

I use it , or lyman1903, on every board I am on, except the first I joined, there I use my initials,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
My '01

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post