SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chris Wallace out at Foxnews
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris Wallace out at Foxnews Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
What the fuck am I reading?

Well, it was 4/20. Stoned maybe? Jim, you have to stay away from the Devil’s Lettuce.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe it was an unfunny cross comment from the Taylor Lorenz thread. Ms. Lorenz seems to have an issue with some anti semitism inferring that the orthodox Jewish lady that runs lib of TikTok is secretly running the right wing media.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
CNN+ Terminated After Just 21 Days!

https://thepostmillennial.com/...d-after-just-21-days

Big Grin Razz Chris Wallace must me sobbing uncontrollably right now! Razz Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20608 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Variety Digital Editor Todd Spangler

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do I understand correctly? This shit is going away right now?

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I just heard the last day will be April 30th

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10378 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 27621 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/ente...launch-announcement/

Warner Bros. Discovery will reportedly shut down CNN+ 23 days after announcing the streaming service.

Warner Bros. Discovery will nix the streaming service on April 30 just after CNN after having fewer than 10,000 daily views, according to reports. The move comes after CNN was acquired by the parent company

Spokespersons for CNN and Warner Bros. Discovery could not be reached for immediate comment. The decision puts an end to a venture that people familiar with the matter say rankled David Zaslav, the new CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery, from the start. Zaslav was annoyed by the decison of Jason Kilar, the former CEO of WarnerMedia when it was owned by AT&T, to launch CNN+ just weeks before Discovery was set to take over operations.

Chris Licht, the incoming CEO of CNN, sent a memo to staffers Thursday morning about “an important meeting” to be held at noon, and is at that time expected to inform employees about the decision, these people said. Licht has already told Andrew Morse, the CNN executive vice president who oversees the newly-launched streaming-video outlet, of the decision, these people said. Morse could not be reached for immediate comment.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...-cnn-after-one-month

The failed service was the brainchild of former CNN president Jeff Zucker and former WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar, who are no longer with the company.

Licht and Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav have been expected to shift CNN away from the far-left programming strategy that was prominent during the Zucker regime, but CNN+ was loaded with liberal pundits including Rex Chapman and Jemele Hill. It also featured former Fox News host Chris Wallace, NPR host Audie Cornish and former NBC reporter Kasie Hunt, as well as actress and Democratic activist Eva Longoria.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
$300MM

LMFAO

Just epic!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Warner Bros. Discovery will reportedly shut down CNN+ 23 days after announcing the streaming service.

They should sell it to Netflix.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I imagine little Brian Stelter is sweating in his diaper right now.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Random bits of CNNs article covering the shutdown.

Link

quote:
Licht said in a town hall style meeting with staffers that "this was an incredibly successful launch" but simply incompatible with the newly merged company's plans.

quote:
"It is not your fault that you had the rug pulled out from underneath you," he said as he vowed to minimize the impacts to staff.
One CNN+ staffer at the town hall described the sentiment as "total and utter shock" that morphed into despair.
"At first people were really freaking out," explained the person, who requested anonymity to candidly describe the situation. "And then, toward the end of the meeting, it just turned to sadness. Every team was just huddling with each other."

And my favorite...

quote:
The decision to shut down CNN+ just weeks after it launched marked a stunning end to the streaming news service. Executives had touted the application as the most significant launch since Ted Turner founded CNN in 1980.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
$300MM

LMFAO

Just epic!

And just 150,000 subscribers worldwide.

Also CNN as a cable network cannot even draw a million viewers at a time. Swirling down the toilet....

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I’m sure there is a radio or television station in Baja California or Tijuana in need of a weatherman or sports anchor, Chris the warm weather may do you some good.

Posts: 2846 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
CNN is still running CNN+ advertisements. Just within the last 10 minutes.

I guess they didn’t get the memo.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I heard that ESPN 8 "The Ocho" is hiring

"when you're almost a journalist..."

quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
I’m sure there is a radio or television station in Baja California or Tijuana in need of a weatherman or sports anchor, Chris the warm weather may do you some good.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
CNN+, the news media version of “New Coke”. I’m sure someone with graphics ability can come up with an appropriate meme. Big Grin

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2808 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post