SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chris Wallace out at Foxnews
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris Wallace out at Foxnews Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Haven't been able to find it online yet, but Gutfeld did a pretty funny segment on Wallace last night.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Haven't been able to find it online yet, but Gutfeld did a pretty funny segment on Wallace last night.

Pretty fargin’ funny … something like from the beast to the least…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

https://youtu.be/iAILBaMXA_I

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10378 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yeah…something about a horse he rode comes to mind. Don’t let the door hit you in the ball sac, you ass-hat! He’s a woman’s cleansing product one might use on a summer’s eve, and the bag it came in.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris Wallace joined CNN+ because Jeff Zucker would be his protector there, now reportedly ‘irate’ at his departure

https://www.americanthinker.co...t_his_departure.html

Apparently, nobody told Chris Wallace that rats are supposed to jump from sinking ships, not onto them. After leaving Fox News for the nascent CNN+ streaming service (and watching ratings soar for his old show, Fox News Sunday, once he was gone), Wallace now finds himself abandoned by the person who lured him away, Jeff Zucker. Radar Online reports:

Chris Wallace is “irate” at the ousting of CNN president Jeff Zucker and his future at the news network is uncertain, Radar has been told.

In a move that stunned Beltway television circles, the no-nonsense veteran anchor — son of legendary CBS correspondent Mike Wallace — announced he was leaving Fox News after 18 years for a prized gig at CNN’s new streaming-video outlet CNN+ in December.

At the time, the former Fox News Sunday anchor specifically cited Zucker as one of the reasons he joined the network.

“I am honored and delighted to join Jeff Zucker and his great team,” Wallace gushed in a statement just two hours after he quit Fox on December 12.

That “team” bloviation obscures the reality of the snake pit nature of TV news, especially at a failing operation like CNN. Wallace has got to be worried about the long knives and his ample back at his new employer that looks like it is about to clean house. Notably, there are no reports of him bringing any staff with him from Fox, and his old support staff at Fox News Sunday must be popping champagne corks with the new ratings they enjoy with Shannon Bream helming the broadcast. For what it is worth, her colleagues at the Fox News Washington Bureau refer to Shannon on-air as "the nicest person in the building" -- which is consistent with her on-air persona.

Wallace is very unhappy, according to Radar.

In wake of the decision from WarnerMedia suits to oust Jeff Zucker, Wallace is said to be “second guessing his decision” even though he is believed to be earning $8 to $10 million per year.

“Chris is the type of person who makes it known if he doesn’t like something,” said a TV industry insider.

“He went over there for Zucker and now Zucker is gone. Wallace feels that he has been stiffed. He’s got no staff, no Executive Producer and the guy he gave up a prized gig for has just walked out the door.”

Zucker is said to have allayed Wallace’s concerns about two heavyweight figures at CNN: Jake Tapper, the host of The Lead, and Sam Feist, the cable giant’s Washington bureau chief and senior vice president.

“It’s no secret in DC that Wallace hates Jake Tapper and despises Sam Feist,” the source added.

“Zucker spun his magic to allay Chris’ concern about the pair, promising that his status as a ‘premiere journalist’ would not be compromised while working out of the DC bureau.”

As the new guy at CNN’s Washington bureau, with a huge salary at a time when others are likely to be fired, Wallace isn’t going to have a lot of friends to help make him look good. And on-air talent only looks good when supported by research, writing, and production staff. A misplaced light can make someone look old, sick, or weird, for example.

Now, CNN’s ownership is about to be transferred from AT&T to a new entity dubbed Warner Bros. Discovery, managed by talent from Discovery, whose largest shareholder is John Malone, an industry legend. Malone is on the record as seeing streaming services such as CNN+ (and more importantly for the new company, HBO Max) as the future of television now that people are “cutting the cord” and unsubscribing from cable.

It is faintly possible that under Discovery management, CNN+ will turn to Wallace to build a new organization there. But I see no evidence in Wallace’s past to suggest that he is a leader, someone capable of recruiting and managing a team. His close association at CNN with the now-departed Zucker would not help him much in that monumental task. And his personality as visible on-air is not exactly inspiring or reassuring or even caring -- some of the many qualities a leader requires.

It seems more likely to me that isolated and friendless in his new sinking ship post, Wallace will be on his own. If I were he, I’d be wining and dining John Malone and building the case for a budget to recruit outside talent to lead CNN+. But the big question is: who would follow him to the new company? His former staff at Fox? The ones who watched ratings jump after he left? And how good a manager (or judge of people) is Wallace, anyway, who is, after all, a guy who tied his fate to Zucker.

Posts: 13120 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is that word.......schadenfreude?
Cool

Posts: 372 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
They always eat their own.

“Ha ha!” snorted Nelson Muntz

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does this mean Chrissy will go to MSNBC?

Posts: 1480 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure Joe can find a place for him.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Maybe he can replace Ginger Goebels as press secretary. He is a well known liar.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving "journalist". Smile

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That's what you get!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy about Zucker not being there to protect him.

What chaps my ass about him is he asked Trump the SAME EXACT QUESTION in the 2020 Presidential debate as he did in the 2016 debates as to whether Trump would denounce white supremacy.

Someone should have prepped Trump for this question so he can turn it back on him. "You asked me that same question four years ago. And what was my answer? Would you like me to repeat the answer I gave you four years ago?" And give it back to him.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20079 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Chris Wallace joined CNN+ because Jeff Zucker would be his protector there, now reportedly ‘irate’ at his departure.
Let's cut to Chris Wallace for comment.....

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will CNN ever be trusted again ?

Posts: 1481 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:

AGAIN?? Confused

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:

When your stock in trade is trust and you breach that, there’s no credible return. Ever.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Yeah…something about a horse he rode comes to mind. Don’t let the door hit you in the ball sac, you ass-hat! He’s a woman’s cleansing product one might use on a summer’s eve, and the bag it came in.

Eek You're right of course, but Eek

Posts: 6514 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I think the betting odds just changed on whether CW is a pervert or not. Was 10:1 … now @ 2:1 and failing.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“He went there for Zucker…”

Sucker!

Posts: 13598 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Chris Wallace Whines to the NYT About Tucker Carlson

Todd Sarnes:

Chris Wallace, the disgraced ex-Fox News Channel host, took a number of cheap shots at his former place of employment during an exclusive interview with The New York Times.

"I just no longer felt comfortable with the programming at Fox," said Wallace, the notorious never-Trumper....

"I'm fine with opinion: conservative opinion, liberal opinion," Mr. Wallace said in his first extensive interview about his decision to leave. "But when people start to question the truth -- Who won the 2020 election? Was Jan. 6 an insurrection? -- I found that unsustainable."

Mr. Wallace told The Times he spent "a lot of 2021 looking to see if there was a different place for me to do my job."

He told the newspaper that he was "so alarmed by Mr. Carlson's documentary 'Patriot Purge' -- which falsely suggested the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was a 'false flag' operation intended to demonize conservatives -- that he complained directly to Fox News management."

"Before, I found it was an environment in which I could do my job and feel good about my involvement at Fox," Mr. Wallace said. "And since November of 2020, that just became unsustainable, increasingly unsustainable as time went on."

Still, he acknowledged that some viewers may wonder why he did not leave earlier.

"Some people might have drawn the line earlier, or at a different point," he said, adding: "I think Fox has changed over the course of the last year and a half. But I can certainly understand where somebody would say, 'Gee, you were a slow learner, Chris.'"

https://townhall.com/columnist...ris-wallace-n2605102

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post